hey LK, I'm wondering why you dont run your light lower? For better penetration, slightly lowers temps can result due to using less W to achieve ppfd. Is it for light spread, ie tent wider than light?
Yea, it's for light spread and it's just easier to keep it on top and adjust the % if needed. If heat were an issue I might do something different, but it's rare this tent gets up to 80f (usually around 78f during lights-on) so the heat is actually needed.

It's sad. :( I hate to say it, but I think your experience just nixed me running it.:( All the grows I've seen with were in soil and non scroged. Yours was the only one close to the way I would run it, so I guess another choice will have to be made for next season.
LKA: I hate to think your skipping it based on my grow. What if I just got a shit seed?

Me: If I'd seen anyone else successfully run a true scrog with it, I'd probably chance it, :hmmmm: but one of the things I love about 420 Magazine and the grow journals, is they give me the chance to see a few grows of the same strain to help me decide on what to grow.:hmmmm::) Growing only one strain in the tray, I'd better be sure it's something I want to consume for a year.:rolleyes:

One of the things you might consider, is making bubble hash with the larf and then making rosin from that. It won't be much but it might be real good.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

LKA: I hate to think your skipping it based on my grow. What if I just got a shit seed?

Me: If I'd seen anyone else successfully run a true scrog with it, I'd probably chance it, :hmmmm: but one of the things I love about 420 Magazine and the grow journals, is they give me the chance to see a few grows of the same strain to help me decide on what to grow.:hmmmm::) Growing only one strain in the tray, I'd better be sure it's something I want to consume for a year.:rolleyes:
Good point.
One of the things you might consider, is making bubble hash with the larf and then making rosin from that. It won't be much but it might be real good.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley::bong:
The larf is already in the compost pile. I've done the bubble hash thing a couple of times and it's a PITA. I saved her best buds, if I really like it maybe I'll try another seed sometime.

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSF6450
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSF6450 and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Vivosun Smart Grow System settings: ** Late Flower Mode **
  • Light - Vivosun VSF6450
    • 20:00-08:00 OFF
    • 08:00-20:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:80%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset (38 DLI)
  • Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6
    • 00:00-24:00 Speed 10 oscillating
  • Exhaust - Vivosun 6" AeroZesh
    • 20:00-08:00 52% RH, Speed 6, Default off
    • 08:00-20:00 High 82F / 60% RH, Speed 8, Default speed 1
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun 13" Air Circulator oscillating horizontally and vertically on natural wind mode
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 on natural oscillating

Date: 8/2/23 Day# 105 (Flower Day# 58)
Strains: Banana Pudding (BP), Mango Mousse (MM), Apply Betty (AB), Forbidden Fruit (FF)
Nutrients: Prescription Blend, Hydroguard, z7
Medium: 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)

AB was harvested last week (due to nanners). I haven't opened this tent since then because it's still quarantined. Today I showered and changed clothes, then opened it up to see how they're doing.

Forbidden Fruit (front-left)
- What a beauty! Her leaves are going purple now and her buds are crusted in trics. She has some foxtailing but even those are finishing up. I took some tric pictures all over, and even her lowers look done. She's got a lot of bud on her, and she'll be coming out of the tent soon.

Mango Mousse (back-left) - She's finishing up in a hurry. She has a few leaves turning yellow/brown at the top (K tox?), but otherwise looks really healthy. I was thinking she needed another week or two until I looked at her trics. There are more cloudy/amber than I was expecting. She looks like she'll be ready within the week.

Banana Pudding (front-right) - My ugly duckling. I've taken some of the leaves from the tops so I can see the buds. They are ugly buds, almost looks like they're revegging. I'm seeing some nanners on her now too, although I've always expected them on her. If not for my camera, I would swear she was getting light in the dark period.

As ugly as she is, she has a lot of bud on her. She still has a lot of white stigmas, though, and still looks a couple of weeks away from harvest. I don't really want to harvest her early, as I would love to see all of that bud ripen up.

So my plan is to harvest the other two in the tent as soon as possible and leave BP to ripen for another week or two. Right now, I don't see any nanners or seeds on the other two but that doesn't mean much. I just spent the last couple of hours bucking the buds that were hanging in the drying closet, so I have a bunch of empty hangers now. Time to start filling them up!

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

Congrats on the harvest but too bad it had to be an early one! The rest look great and I was going to be the lone wolf telling you to leave the AB to ripen up since no nanner at this stage is going to create a single seed in the other plants a week or two from harvest. Oh well...my work schedule left you without my wisdom. :laugh:
The larf is already in the compost pile. I've done the bubble hash thing a couple of times and it's a PITA.
Not worth squishing even?

And this is what Dexter's kill room would have looked like if he also grew weed:
1691108524639.jpeg

:ciao:

Congrats on the harvest but too bad it had to be an early one! The rest look great and I was going to be the lone wolf telling you to leave the AB to ripen up since no nanner at this stage is going to create a single seed in the other plants a week or two from harvest. Oh well...my work schedule left you without my wisdom. :laugh:
She was all larf and nanners. The lowers were still mostly hairs and leaves, and any bud she had was full of nanners. She was a complete mess.
Not worth squishing even?
I kept most of what looked like bud. To squish I still need to clean and dry. The rest was just fluff and deserved the compost bin.
And this is what Dexter's kill room would have looked like if he also grew weed:
1691108524639.jpeg

:ciao:
:rofl:

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSF6450 and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

• 08:00-20:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:80%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset (40 DLI)
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun 13" Air Circulator oscillating horizontally and vertically on natural wind mode

*** Forbidden Fruit Harvest ***
Date: 8/3/23 Day# 106 (Flower Day# 59)

We harvested the Forbidden Fruit on Thursday evening. I started by chopping her main buds into a bin. I left some larf on the plant to mature. I figured if I am going to be running the RDWC for a while longer anyways, why not leave the rest to mature a bit?

I took the bin upstairs and my wife and I cleaned and hung all the branches. She had some nice purpling bud on her, and everything was extremely sticky. We didn't find any nanners or buds on her so far, so that's good. I did find some 'leaf bud', bud growing out of the middle of a fan leaf. That was a first for me. I ended up taking 5 hangers full of bud into the drying closet.

MM will be harvested next, probably this weekend. That will leave BP in the tent to finish up over the next week or two. It's time to start getting ready for the next grow!

Nice takedown BudMan. I've got a FF going now and seeing yours fills me with anticipation! :Rasta:

Upside down is the dream for every grow Budman! Nice hangers! Sorry about the nanner plant. Nanners happen to good people.
Thanks SO.
Nice takedown BudMan. I've got a FF going now and seeing yours fills me with anticipation! :Rasta:
Thanks GDB. She's really frosty, I can't wait to try it.
Love the production line harvesting in here! And I bet it smells even better than it looks. :thumb:
Thanks Shed, it does :yummy:
Your wife might want to check with her GP about that.
Nothing some MCT oil and soap didn't wash off. The purpling now...:rofl:

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

• 08:00-20:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:60%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
Other Equipment:

Date: 8/14/23 Day# 117 (Flower Day# 70)
Strains: Banana Pudding (BP), Mango Mousse (MM), Apply Betty (AB), Forbidden Fruit (FF)

Friday afternoon (8/11, flower day# 67) it was time to harvest Mango Mousse. First I had to transfer all of the FF branches from the big clips on the plastic hangers to the smaller clips on the wire hangers. They were smaller and lighter after drying for 8 days already, so they fit on the smaller hangers now. I'll need to do the same thing when it's time to harvest BP.

I hadn't opened the @VIVOSUN Bud Factory in a week and MM looked pretty fried. Most of her upper leaves were brown and crispy. It's just her and BP in there now (and some FF larf I left to ripen) and they've been quarantined for a couple of weeks due to spider mites in another tent.

I spent about 10 minutes cleaning her up, though, and she looked totally different. It was just the very top leaves that were brown, and underneath she looked pretty healthy. And you can see she has some really nice buds, too. I took some tric shots and she looks ready to be. Her trics are ripe and gooey :yummy:

She had a few buds with foxtails, but I didn't find any nanners or seeds (yet). The bud was dense and sticky and cleaned up fairly easily. Still, for a 'small' plant she had a lot of bud. It took the two of us about three hours to clean her up and get her hung up in the drying closet.

FF has been harvested for about 11 days now. I left her lower larf in the tent to mature, and it has. When I harvested 11 days ago it was mostly white hairs and not much bud. It's done a great job of ripening up over the last couple of weeks. I'll take it off today or tomorrow, it should fill a shelf in the drying rack.

Then it will just be BP in the Bud Factory. Her top leaves were pretty yellowed as well.

I cleaned her up a little today, getting rid of the yellowed top leaves. Now she's all foxtails and nanners. Pretty much any picture you take is a 'Wheres Waldo' of nanners. She's never looked normal, though, even going back to veg. She's always had these huge fans with super-long petioles, so much that all you see is fans. Her buds have looked like re-veg the entire time. I've always expected her to throw nanners.

That makes two out of the four plants that threw nanners. I also had foxtails on all of them, pointing to too much light. Then again, AB was the first to throw nanners and she was never within 30" of the light, at about 35DLI. I'm not sure how I can blame her nanners on too much light.

The other culprit is the nutrients. I only did one res change this grow, when they started flower. I managed the res at around 2EC by adding water or full-strength nutrients based on the PPM rise/fall. This kept the PPM in the correct range, but the NPK mix may have changed drastically. What if all the signs of reveg are too much nitrogen? I really didn't see any other signs of N-tox, though.

I'll get BP out of there soon. I need to get FF out of the drying closet to free up some room (and hangers) first.

Congrats on the cleanup and the chops LKA! It looked a lot better with those top fans gone and even better hanging in the closet with the rest of the ongoing harvests. :)
:welldone:
Thanks Shed. She was the runt in the back corner for most of the grow, and she got ignored quite a bit. For all that, I'm really happy with how she turned out. No fluff, all of her buds down to the bottom were well developed and ripe, and she smells incredible. I'm really looking forward to trying her.
And Banana Pudding looks more normal with those top fans gone!
I'm still not sure what to expect from her buds; do they have any potency or are they all seeds? I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Congrats on the takedown BudMan! More to come! :)

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

• 08:00-20:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:40%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
Other Equipment:

Date: 8/21/23

The Colombian Gold clones are rooting and ready to go, so it's time to wrap up this grow. Here is the final tracker:
Screenshot_20230821_123047_Sheets.jpg
I took FF out of the drying closet on day# 12. I bucked her buds and put her in a Grove bag. She's 193g (6.8oz) right now, but that doesn't include the larf I left on her. It may add another oz or two of mids.

The next morning, she was reading 66% RH in the Grove bag. That means I bagged her a day or two too soon. I left the Grove bag open for a day and then closed it back up and it sits right at 61.5% RH now. That is a good RH to start the cure. I'll tumble the bag every day for the next week to keep the buds from clumping together, then I'll leave them alone for a few weeks to finish curing.

Friday, I started harvesting the rest of the tent. I started with the Forbidden Fruit larf, which has firmed up a lot in the past two weeks. This is the first time I've left the lowers to ripen and they did a really good job. I ended up filling a level in my drying tray with the rest of the FF.

Then I started harvesting the Banana Pudding. We harvested her one hanger at a time. Friday we got through one hanger, and finished the rest of Saturday. She is a BIG LADY, with really fat buds. Sure, she's all foxtails and nanners, but those foxtails are really dense! She's going to be a lot of bud! Here are some pictures taken during harvest.

I finished up by removing any bud from the stems until everything was bare. Then I broke down the tent. I start by removing the netpots while I'm draining the system. Everyone had nice big roots with no rot or other issues.

The tent was a mess, but it always is after a grow. I cleaned the tent really well, wiping down all the surfaces. Then I drained the RDWC, wiped everything down, and then filled it back half-way with a dilute H2O2 mixture. I'll let that run for a day before completely emptying the system and letting it dry out. The tent is now ready for the next grow!

Meanwhile, I still have a full drying closet ;) Mango Mousse has been in there for 10 days now, and I'll probably let her go another 4-5 days. Because I keep putting fresh bud in the closet the RH is staying above 60%. It lets me go a full 14 days of drying without worrying about over-drying.
Screenshot_20230821_121316_Govee Home.jpg

Weed for Days!

One helluva show BudMan. :Rasta:

Weed for Days!

One helluva show BudMan. :Rasta:
Thanks GDB. The FF & AB are done drying so I'll be squishing up some soon to try it out. While I'm not sure I'll run four different strains in the RDWC again, it is nice to get the variety.

Back
Top Bottom