LKABudMan Grows A Green Crack Auto In The VIVOSUN Smart Grow System - Sponsored by VIVOSUN

I did it with a bag, too as I thought I posted it, too. I tried it with a bag on January 5, 2022 and got nothing:

Not Rosin.jpg

And, the pics I posted previously were from January 22, 2022.

I did it with a bag, too as I thought I posted it, too. I tried it with a bag on January 5, 2022 and got nothing:

Not Rosin.jpg

I cannot imagine squishing any bud at 175f in a 6-ton press and being able to remove the bag from the puck. Mine is one piece when I'm finished. Are you sure the bag is containing the bud, and not just letting the bud flatten out? The bag is so it keeps the same footprint as it squishes.

FastBuds Green Crack Auto ** Final Entry ***

Date: 4/20/23 - Day# 10 of Drying
Strain - NASC - FastBuds Green Crack Auto (EMMY)
Drying Space - 28SqFT closet with central A/C
Other Equipment: Air purifier circulating air, humidifier with distilled water

Temperatures
Screenshot_20230420_184310_Govee Home.jpg

I started off my 4/20/23 by bucking the Green Crack buds. They had been in the drying closet for 10 days and it was getting hot, up to 90f. And the humidifier ran out the night before. I had kept the closet as close to 60/60 as I could, but it was time for them to come out.

First I grabbed my trim tray, put away in the a bag and in the box it came in. Turns out I had left some Skunk in the tray. I also found that the @VIVOSUN Trim Tray is perfect for separating seeds. I elevated the back and scraped the leftover shake up the screen. The screen has a little bounce in it, and the seeds just come rolling down. Any old-school people out there that remember getting bags that were more seed than bud ;( This trim tray makes separating them easy.

Then I cleaned out the bottom. Turns out I had quite a bit of Skunk Special kief sitting in the bottom of the bin!

With a nice clean tray it was finally time to buck Emmy. I take as much stem off as possible, but that's about it. All of the leaves are coated in trichomes so they stay on to continue curing for now. I used my @VIVOSUN curved scissor that came with the trim tray. You can really get in tight against the stem to buck the buds, and usually even get off the little calyx at the base. I started with a sample branch.

With that first bud done, now just four more hangers to go!

Everything went into a 1lb Grove bag along with a Govee hygrometer. The final weight for Emmy, the Green Crack Auto: 230 grams, or just over 8.1 ounces. That's about two ounces more than I thought she would be. She had such tiny airy buds, but it turned out that she had a LOT of them. They were stacked on top of each other all over the plant, and they really fattened up in the last couple of weeks. She takes up most of the 1lb Grove bag.

She is among the stickiest plants I have grown, too. Her stems were covered in trics, the leaves were coated. Everything on her just glistens, even the little brown sugar leaves. And best of all I didn't find any seeds. She threw a few nanners late, so I won't be surprised if I find a few. I'm just happy the tray wasn't full of seeds when I was done :)

Now for a little bad news. She went in the bag at about 52% RH, much lower than I was hoping. About 2 hours later she was up to 53% when my son went in to grab a few buds and left the bag open:eek: I didn't find out until several hours later, she was at 51%. I closed the bag and left it overnight, and it didn't go up much. Right now I have a piece of stem from the freezer in the bag trying to get it up to around 60%. Is it too late, is the cure done?

I still have a hard time believing that. The stems were still pliable when I bucked her, nothing was snapping. I usually use a wood moisture meter (WMM) on the buds, but these buds were far too airy. I use the WMM on the stems as well, though, and they are usually at 14-15%. These stems were at 25% RH.

Does it matter? Were these buds just too airy to dry that long. I guess I'll find out.

I'm writing this last part having just enjoyed a nice 4:20 bong rip of Green Crack and WOOO she is intense. She's already pretty smooth and has a low fruity flavor. I'm buzzing really good and feel like I want to MOVE! With the stem in the bag she's up to 56% and rising, so I'll probably remove it tonight. I set an alarm on the Govee for 62% just in case ;) I'll squish some of this up soon so I should have a GREAT weekend :) Even if she doesn't cure any more she'll be fine.

Thanks to @Remo Nutrients for being sponsors in the contests here. The Remo worked great and I'm using it again in my next grow. It's stable when mixing in large batches, allowing me to mix nutrients 3-4 times for an entire grow. I fed according to schedule and Emmy didn't show any nutrients deficiencies at all until I stopped feeding a week before the drought.

Thanks to 420 Magazine and this fantastic site. There aren't many sites where you can freely post your triumphs and your mistakes and know that you're with friends that are just trying to learn to grow better. I really enjoy sharing my grows with all of you. Thank you for coming along on this grow, for your tips and encouragement. You're all family, and one of the reasons I love to grow so much.

And of course many thanks to @VIVOSUN for sponsoring this journal and all of my grows. Their innovative equipment and automation let me set a plan for the environment, start it, and then let it go. With tunable light spectrum and natural wind, it creates and ideal environment for each stage of the plants growth. Along with the SIP, these ladies really love the Vivosun Auto Oasis!

Check out my perpetual journal, The Vivosun Auto Oasis, to follow along and who will take Emmy's spot! Thanks again for joining me on this grow and hope everyone had a wonderful 4/20!

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

What a great grow ride!

Your journals are always a pleasure to gaze upon. Xo
Thanks Trala for all of your support and encouragement. You're the best.

DabPress is a sponsor here, I got my press and everything else I need for under $500. Once you have the tools, you can press as much bud as you want! Click HERE for a post I did about pressing, and there are plenty of posts on this forum (I learned a lot from @gwhunran and @Grandpa Tokin ). I still enjoy smoking (too much) too. Between the rosin and dry flower vaporizor, though, I've cut down smoking a lot.
I enjoy using my trusty old one hitter but eventually I think I’m gonna try using the @MagicStone. I like what I’ve been reading about it a lot. CL🍀

FastBuds Green Crack Auto ** Final Entry ***

Date: 4/20/23 - Day# 10 of Drying
Strain - NASC - FastBuds Green Crack Auto (EMMY)
Drying Space - 28SqFT closet with central A/C
Other Equipment: Air purifier circulating air, humidifier with distilled water

Temperatures
Screenshot_20230420_184310_Govee Home.jpg

I started off my 4/20/23 by bucking the Green Crack buds. They had been in the drying closet for 10 days and it was getting hot, up to 90f. And the humidifier ran out the night before. I had kept the closet as close to 60/60 as I could, but it was time for them to come out.

First I grabbed my trim tray, put away in the a bag and in the box it came in. Turns out I had left some Skunk in the tray. I also found that the @VIVOSUN Trim Tray is perfect for separating seeds. I elevated the back and scraped the leftover shake up the screen. The screen has a little bounce in it, and the seeds just come rolling down. Any old-school people out there that remember getting bags that were more seed than bud ;( This trim tray makes separating them easy.

Then I cleaned out the bottom. Turns out I had quite a bit of Skunk Special kief sitting in the bottom of the bin!

With a nice clean tray it was finally time to buck Emmy. I take as much stem off as possible, but that's about it. All of the leaves are coated in trichomes so they stay on to continue curing for now. I used my @VIVOSUN curved scissor that came with the trim tray. You can really get in tight against the stem to buck the buds, and usually even get off the little calyx at the base. I started with a sample branch.

With that first bud done, now just four more hangers to go!

Everything went into a 1lb Grove bag along with a Govee hygrometer. The final weight for Emmy, the Green Crack Auto: 230 grams, or just over 8.1 ounces. That's about two ounces more than I thought she would be. She had such tiny airy buds, but it turned out that she had a LOT of them. They were stacked on top of each other all over the plant, and they really fattened up in the last couple of weeks. She takes up most of the 1lb Grove bag.

She is among the stickiest plants I have grown, too. Her stems were covered in trics, the leaves were coated. Everything on her just glistens, even the little brown sugar leaves. And best of all I didn't find any seeds. She threw a few nanners late, so I won't be surprised if I find a few. I'm just happy the tray wasn't full of seeds when I was done :)

Now for a little bad news. She went in the bag at about 52% RH, much lower than I was hoping. About 2 hours later she was up to 53% when my son went in to grab a few buds and left the bag open:eek: I didn't find out until several hours later, she was at 51%. I closed the bag and left it overnight, and it didn't go up much. Right now I have a piece of stem from the freezer in the bag trying to get it up to around 60%. Is it too late, is the cure done?

I still have a hard time believing that. The stems were still pliable when I bucked her, nothing was snapping. I usually use a wood moisture meter (WMM) on the buds, but these buds were far too airy. I use the WMM on the stems as well, though, and they are usually at 14-15%. These stems were at 25% RH.

Does it matter? Were these buds just too airy to dry that long. I guess I'll find out.

I'm writing this last part having just enjoyed a nice 4:20 bong rip of Green Crack and WOOO she is intense. She's already pretty smooth and has a low fruity flavor. I'm buzzing really good and feel like I want to MOVE! With the stem in the bag she's up to 56% and rising, so I'll probably remove it tonight. I set an alarm on the Govee for 62% just in case ;) I'll squish some of this up soon so I should have a GREAT weekend :) Even if she doesn't cure any more she'll be fine.

Thanks to @Remo Nutrients for being sponsors in the contests here. The Remo worked great and I'm using it again in my next grow. It's stable when mixing in large batches, allowing me to mix nutrients 3-4 times for an entire grow. I fed according to schedule and Emmy didn't show any nutrients deficiencies at all until I stopped feeding a week before the drought.

Thanks to 420 Magazine and this fantastic site. There aren't many sites where you can freely post your triumphs and your mistakes and know that you're with friends that are just trying to learn to grow better. I really enjoy sharing my grows with all of you. Thank you for coming along on this grow, for your tips and encouragement. You're all family, and one of the reasons I love to grow so much.

And of course many thanks to @VIVOSUN for sponsoring this journal and all of my grows. Their innovative equipment and automation let me set a plan for the environment, start it, and then let it go. With tunable light spectrum and natural wind, it creates and ideal environment for each stage of the plants growth. Along with the SIP, these ladies really love the Vivosun Auto Oasis!

Check out my perpetual journal, The Vivosun Auto Oasis, to follow along and who will take Emmy's spot! Thanks again for joining me on this grow and hope everyone had a wonderful 4/20!

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow
I’m glad it all worked out for you Bman and you got to enjoy all your hard work. That was a beautiful girl you grew that had me wishing I had some of mine left. I found your smoke report to be just like the high I enjoyed from mine. Green Crack is a great way to start your day! CL🍀 :thumb: :bravo::blunt:

Why does the end come so fast? It never  feels so fast in your own grow haha.

Congratulations again LKA, 8 Oz is nothing to sneeze at.....auto genetics and grow approaches seem to push them to ever higher numbers.

Sounds like you ended up with a quality product too, a big bonus on top. Its too long a journey to be dissapointed by a sub par smoke.

Your grow systems, photography, and documentation have been fantastic as always, love your work.

Deep down there is something truly rewarding in growing with the site sponsors products and getting a high end return. Between that and the members you really cant ask for more.

Subbing in for more fantastic content. Cheers mate.

Not Rosin.jpg

Hi HashGirl. The first pic I see looks backwards to me. The two shiny bars coming out the top are the back of the press. My left hand reaches over the press and grabs the left bar while my right hand pumps. They work together to balance the press. I have the press on a low table that lets me use downward body force. It's a desk. The folded rosen paper gets loaded from the handle side. That squish didn't see heat or pressure.

It's actually made to put on the floor and lean back on the plastic/rubbery feet on the shiny bars and pump if you felt like trying that for a better mechanical advantage. I'd do it on a cement floor or a piece of plywood, it's going to do damage. It's hard work!

Great outcome BudMan! Green Crack sounds like something I'd like to take a crack at!

Looking good. Another round done! :cheesygrinsmiley: :bong:
Thanks GW. I love the variety these autos give me. I've really been enjoying my last auto, the Fruit Punch Auto. I can already tell I'll be enjoying this one too. As will my family and friends ;)

I enjoy using my trusty old one hitter but eventually I think I’m gonna try using the @MagicStone. I like what I’ve been reading about it a lot. CL🍀
It took me a while to appreciate vaping flower. I think I always felt like I was wasting it and had to get every last vape, all the way until it tasted like popcorn. It took having a few pounds in Grove bags to stop caring whether I was wasting it or not. Now I really enjoy vaping, and it definitely helps the lungs. And I agree, those MagicStones look pretty cool.
I’m glad it all worked out for you Bman and you got to enjoy all your hard work. That was a beautiful girl you grew that had me wishing I had some of mine left. I found your smoke report to be just like the high I enjoyed from mine. Green Crack is a great way to start your day! CL🍀 :thumb: :bravo::blunt:
Thanks a lot CL. I've been starting my day with my Fruit Punch Auto, but this will definitely go into the rotation ;)

Why does the end come so fast? It never  feels so fast in your own grow haha.
So far I've done two autos, and they've both gone over 100 days. And yet, especially with how easy they are to take care of in SIP, it does seem to go quickly.
Congratulations again LKA, 8 Oz is nothing to sneeze at.....auto genetics and grow approaches seem to push them to ever higher numbers.

Sounds like you ended up with a quality product too, a big bonus on top. Its too long a journey to be dissapointed by a sub par smoke.
It was a fun grow and the smoke is fantastic. I'm still just amazed she wasn't loaded with seeds with all those nanners. I'm very pleased with 8oz of droughted Emmy!
Your grow systems, photography, and documentation have been fantastic as always, love your work.

Deep down there is something truly rewarding in growing with the site sponsors products and getting a high end return. Between that and the members you really cant ask for more.

Subbing in for more fantastic content. Cheers mate.
Wow thanks DV8. This site and the members add so much enjoyment to my growing. And you're right, we have some amazing sponsors who back up their products. It's fun to show how good they are.

What a harvest! over 8 zips and at low rh! I bet you can add another zip @62%! Great working with great equipment BudMan!
Thanks SO. I took the stems out today with the bag reading 60%. As far as gaining weight... well, somehow the bag just keeps loosing weight, a couple grams at a time:rollit:

Great outcome BudMan! Green Crack sounds like something I'd like to take a crack at!
Thanks GDB. I thought you were an Indica guy? Then again, who can't use a little extra energy every once in a while.

think I always felt like I was wasting it and had to get every last vape, all the way until it tasted like popcorn. It took having a few pounds in Grove bags to stop caring whether I was wasting it or not.
:D I still catch myself wasting a lot of time saving little scraps, as we did when it was much harder to come by. As I sit here with a few jars of big colas. :rolleyes:

It took me a while to appreciate vaping flower. I think I always felt like I was wasting it and had to get every last vape, all the way until it tasted like popcorn. It took having a few pounds in Grove bags to stop caring whether I was wasting it or not. Now I really enjoy vaping, and it definitely helps the lungs. And I agree, those MagicStones look pretty cool.

Thanks a lot CL. I've been starting my day with my Fruit Punch Auto, but this will definitely go into the rotation ;)
:D I still catch myself wasting a lot of time saving little scraps, as we did when it was much harder to come by. As I sit here with a few jars of big colas. :rolleyes:
Up until a few days ago I was saving my AVB to make edibles until I realized I had way more of it than I would ever use, and I still have plenty from last outdoor season for those anyway.

Up until a few days ago I was saving my AVB to make edibles until I realized I had way more of it than I would ever use, and I still have plenty from last outdoor season for those anyway.
When I started growing more than I could use, I would only vape a bowl once and then put the abv into jars to make tincture out of. It worked well, but as mentioned, only vaped once.

Back
Top Bottom