The Vivosun Bud Factory
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSF6450
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSF6450 and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Vivosun Smart Grow System settings: ** Mid Flower Mode **
  • Light - Vivosun VSF6450
    • 20:00-08:00 OFF
    • 08:00-20:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset (40 DLI)
  • Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6
    • 00:00-24:00 Speed 10 oscillating
  • Exhaust - Vivosun 6" AeroZesh
    • 20:00-08:00 56% RH, Speed 6, Default off
    • 08:00-20:00 High 82F / 64% RH, Speed 8, Default speed 1
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun 13" Air Circulator oscillating horizontally on speed# 1
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 on low oscillating

Date: 6/14/23 Day# xx (Flower Day# x)
Strains: Banana Pudding (BP), Mango Mousse (MM), Apply Betty (AB), Forbidden Fruit (FF)
Nutrients: Stout MSA, Megacrop, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7
Medium: 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)

Screenshot_20230614_122321.jpg
It's interesting to look at the tent temperatures over the last month. As the plants get more leaves and fill more of the tent, respiration picks up. The exhaust has to vent more air and stay on constantly to keep the RH in the correct range. This has the effect of lowering the daytime temperatures as well, as the heat from the VSF6450 is sucked out of the top of the tent. I may need to think of switching my input/output air in flower, sucking air in from the top and exhausting from the bottom.

These ladies have been drinking well, 3-4 gallons every day (almost a gallon per plant). I'm trying to keep the PPMs between 1000-1200, which is where the Prescription Blend initially measures. If I approach 1200PPM, I'll feed water to bring it down. If I approach 1000PPM, I'll feed them nutrients to bring them up.

Ideally, I like to keep the pH around 5.8. From past use, I found that PB buffers closer to 6.0 and works just fine at that range. I'm adding pH Down trying not to let the pH get much higher than that. At the same time, as the plants start consuming less nitrogen and more potassium the pH will start falling by itself. I need to be careful not to over-do it.
RDWC Dessert Mix Tracker 20230614.png
I've been busy at my day job lately during the day. I've been going down to take care of the garden before 8am when these ladies wake up. For the past week, I really haven't done much of anything except maintain the res. I haven't even opened the tent in the past couple of days. For the most part, I'm letting them stretch undisturbed.

Today I opened it up, and you can definitely tell there are four different strains in there.

Apple Betty (back-right) - She has the largest inter-nodal spacing, with really long limbs. She also loves to grow horizontally. She has a few stems that are starting to reach, but overall looks like she will need the second net to support her. Overall, very sativa looking.

Banana Pudding (front-right) - This lady is going wild. She still just looks like a bunch of fan leaves, so much so that it's hard to find buds sometimes. That said, she's a few inches above everyone else in the tent. She had a few of her middle branches supercropped today.

Forbidden Fruit (front-left) - She is the lightest-colored of all the plants and has been since the start. She's a beautiful plant, though, and growing nice and orderly.

Mango Mousse (back-left) - She is healthy and happy, just a bit small still. Part of that is the crowding by AB. Or maybe she feels the ghost of speck. Either way, she looks pretty and is flowering nicely.

I really need to get the second net in and start training some buds. I also have a lot of under/middle trimming to do. I'm being really lazy this grow, though. Part of that is just being content with whatever I get. The other is having the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 at the top of the tent at 100%. Let's see what these ladies can do with a couple more weeks of stretching.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

I do love seeing your hydro grows. It's like you have a turbo running somewhere in those buckets. I guess it be the roots. :hmmmm: :cheesygrinsmiley: Keep those pictures coming.:bong:
I forget, can you still open up all four sides and work on them with relative ease?
I would like to see some profile shots of the each when you open it up.
I'm still intently keeping my eyes on Apple Betty as a possible for next year. I am also becoming keenly interested in a strain that @cbdhemp808 is speaking well of, called Hibiscus.

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSF6450 and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

• 08:00-20:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset (40 DLI)
Other Equipment:

Date: 6/14/23 Day# xx (Flower Day# x)
Strains: Banana Pudding (BP), Mango Mousse (MM), Apply Betty (AB), Forbidden Fruit (FF)

Screenshot_20230614_122321.jpg
It's interesting to look at the tent temperatures over the last month. As the plants get more leaves and fill more of the tent, respiration picks up. The exhaust has to vent more air and stay on constantly to keep the RH in the correct range. This has the effect of lowering the daytime temperatures as well, as the heat from the VSF6450 is sucked out of the top of the tent. I may need to think of switching my input/output air in flower, sucking air in from the top and exhausting from the bottom.

These ladies have been drinking well, 3-4 gallons every day (almost a gallon per plant). I'm trying to keep the PPMs between 1000-1200, which is where the Prescription Blend initially measures. If I approach 1200PPM, I'll feed water to bring it down. If I approach 1000PPM, I'll feed them nutrients to bring them up.

Ideally, I like to keep the pH around 5.8. From past use, I found that PB buffers closer to 6.0 and works just fine at that range. I'm adding pH Down trying not to let the pH get much higher than that. At the same time, as the plants start consuming less nitrogen and more potassium the pH will start falling by itself. I need to be careful not to over-do it.
RDWC Dessert Mix Tracker 20230614.png
I've been busy at my day job lately during the day. I've been going down to take care of the garden before 8am when these ladies wake up. For the past week, I really haven't done much of anything except maintain the res. I haven't even opened the tent in the past couple of days. For the most part, I'm letting them stretch undisturbed.

Today I opened it up, and you can definitely tell there are four different strains in there.

Apple Betty (back-right) - She has the largest inter-nodal spacing, with really long limbs. She also loves to grow horizontally. She has a few stems that are starting to reach, but overall looks like she will need the second net to support her. Overall, very sativa looking.

Banana Pudding (front-right) - This lady is going wild. She still just looks like a bunch of fan leaves, so much so that it's hard to find buds sometimes. That said, she's a few inches above everyone else in the tent. She had a few of her middle branches supercropped today.

Forbidden Fruit (front-left) - She is the lightest-colored of all the plants and has been since the start. She's a beautiful plant, though, and growing nice and orderly.

Mango Mousse (back-left) - She is healthy and happy, just a bit small still. Part of that is the crowding by AB. Or maybe she feels the ghost of speck. Either way, she looks pretty and is flowering nicely.

I really need to get the second net in and start training some buds. I also have a lot of under/middle trimming to do. I'm being really lazy this grow, though. Part of that is just being content with whatever I get. The other is having the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 at the top of the tent at 100%. Let's see what these ladies can do with a couple more weeks of stretching.

Good morning my friend. :ciao:
Garden is Spectacular, Wow.:yahoo::bravo:
Hope everything is going well.
Take care. :high-five:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

I do love seeing your hydro grows. It's like you have a turbo running somewhere in those buckets. I guess it be the roots. :hmmmm: :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks GW. Yea, it's the roots, sitting in constantly circulating and aerated nutrient solution. And the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 basking them in 30-40 DLI. Don't forget the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System keeping them at 1.1-1.2 VPD. These ladies are so damned spoiled ;)
Keep those pictures coming.:bong:
I forget, can you still open up all four sides and work on them with relative ease?
I would like to see some profile shots of the each when you open it up.
I can open three sides, the fourth is up against the back wall of the basement. I can reach everything in the tent pretty well except for the back-middle... it's on it's own. As for taking pictures, the side openings don't go all the way to the bottom like the front opening does. And I don't have a lot of room to back up to take pictures. I'll see what I can get the next time I'm down there.
I'm still intently keeping my eyes on Apple Betty as a possible for next year. I am also becoming keenly interested in a strain that @cbdhemp808 is speaking well of, called Hibiscus.
I'm looking forward to seeing how AB fills in as well. It should be quite the sight (and smell) in a couple of weeks :yummy:

Good morning my friend. :ciao:
Garden is Spectacular, Wow.:yahoo::bravo:
Hope everything is going well.
Take care. :high-five:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
Good morning Bill, and thanks. It's a beautiful late spring day, it's getting closer to the weekend, and all my girls are looking lovely. Hope all is well with you, looks like you're staying plenty busy. Congrats on the harvests, I'm looking forward to smoke reports to see what I have in store for me ;)

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Other Equipment:

Date: 6/20/23 Day# 62 (Flower Day# 15)
Nutrients: Prescription Blend, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7

Screenshot_20230620_135710_VIVOSUN.jpg

There is one big downside to having an internet-enabled grow tent... you need internet! A storm came through on Friday and brought down our internet. Apparently, they're waiting on some equipment, and it's still not up. I have a Verizon jetpack and my phone has internet, but anything on the house internet is down. That includes my tents. I can no longer communicate with the GrowHub, except manually. Luckily, the GrowHub only needs internet to track temp/humidity. Other than that, it just keeps running whatever is programmed. Hopefully we'll get internet back soon :(

These ladies are still drinking nearly 4G/day, or a gallon each. I'm keeping the PPM between 1000-1200, alternating between adding full-strength PB nutes and plain water. I'm still adding pH down right now, trying to keep the pH no higher than 6.1. Soon they'll start consuming more K than P and the pH will start dropping by itself. And of course,I frequently add beneficial bacteria (HG) and enzymatic cleanser (z7).
RDWC Dessert Mix tracker 20230620.png

I've been going down to check on the plants earlier lately. In some cases, before these ladies wake up. Since the RDWC is outside the tent, I can check the pH and add nutrients without looking in or opening the tent. It's easy to just leave them alone in there. Too easy. Then several days later I open up the tent and it's like a jungle in there!

Luckily, everyone still looks happy and healthy. If I look hard enough I can find a few leaf issues, mostly on BP. However, when scrogging the leaves rub against each other, and the canopy fans cause the leaves to rub as well. It may look like an issue, but as long as there are only a couple I don't worry about it.

I finally added the second net on Sunday, 16" above the first. For the lower net, I am using a @VIVOSUN 5x5 elastic trellis net. It came with a dozen little hooks, and I only used 4 to put it up. For the upper net I use @VIVOSUN 5' x 30' polyester trellis netting, cut to size. I've been tying the white trellis netting in the past, which is a pain. This time I used the leftover hooks and it was a lot easier to put up.

As the buds stretch I'll guide them through the second net, using it to space them out. Later in flower it'll support the weight of the ripening buds as well.

Apple Betty (back-right) - This lady is all over the place. She has LOTS of stuff under the net, and still doesn't seem to want to grow up. I've started pushing branches up through the canopy into the top net, especially along the back row.

Banana Pudding (front-right) - She is the tallest in the tent now, even though she still looks like a pile of fan leaves. When the net went up, I had to pull it down through BP. There are colas and buds down there, and now I can space them on the second net.

Forbidden Fruit (front-left) - She is still lightest-colored, but in the RDWC there is not much I can do about that. She has lots of buds that are just reaching the second net.

Mango Mousse (back-left) - Still the smallest in the tent, but she looks healthy. And small is relative ;)

I can definitely tell there are four different strains in here. They're all doing their own thing, and the front of the tent is outgrowing the back. Over the next 10-14 days, I'll be managing the canopy as best I can. Soon it will be time for the post-stretch defoliation, and there is a lot in there that needs to go!

Massive plants. :cheer:
Thanks. And getting bigger every day ;)
Thanks for the views from the sides.:cheesygrinsmiley:
I like the different perspective it shows. I'll start including the side views more often.
At least you can reach in from different sides.:hmmmm:
I still can't reach the middle very well, especially in back. I can't imagine trying to scrog with front-only access, though.
Better wear long sleeved gloves. It's gonna be sticky in there:bong:
It is getting sticky. I just use coconut oil to remove the sticky, and soap to remove the oil. Leaves me smooth and smelling like weed ;)

Thanks
They really are getting busy in there! Nice!
Thanks SO. It's amazing how quickly they grow, especially when you stop looking for a week ;)

Thanks. And getting bigger every day ;)

I like the different perspective it shows. I'll start including the side views more often.

I still can't reach the middle very well, especially in back. I can't imagine trying to scrog with front-only access, though.

It is getting sticky. I just use coconut oil to remove the sticky, and soap to remove the oil. Leaves me smooth and smelling like weed ;)
And I’ll bet that the ladies like it too! Lmao 🤣. CL🍀:rofl::rofl::rofl::cheesygrinsmiley:

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Other Equipment:

Date: 6/23/23 Day# 65 (Flower Day# 18)

It's been a week and still no internet. For this tent, that's not an issue. She's set for mid flower and I won't need to change for a while. It does suck, though; no cameras, no temp/RH readings, no fun! I keep getting excuses from our ISP, any day now...

I checked in on the roots today. What a difference there is with and without the flash! As expected with Prescription Blend, they look a little 'dirty' (the Kelpful is very dark and stains), but nothing is slimy or smells badly. Actually, the smell of the roots is very earthy and not unpleasant.

Wow, these ladies are a mess. I really have ignored them in the past couple of weeks and it shows. Soon, the wife and I will be going in with trimmers, and there is a LOT that needs to go. Everything is starting to get sticky, so we'll try to touch the buds as little as possible.

We'll mostly work from the bottom, taking off anything below the first net. Anything with little stems that won't reach the second net will go. In the 16" between the two nets, it's a jungle. I need to thin that out considerably before late flower, or I'll never be able to control the humidity. There needs to be some airflow through the canopy if possible.

I'm still hoping for a little more stretch out of the back of the tent before I defol. We'll start in the front. It looks like it might be a multi-day job anyways.

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Other Equipment:

Date: 6/28/23 Day# 65 (Flower Day# 23)

These ladies are drinking about 3.5 gallons every day. I'm keeping the PPM between 1000-1200, and the pH around 6. PB adds more 'Big Data' on weeks 2 & 3, which were added 45ml at a time. In week 5, the Big Data goes down. That means I need to do a res change soon, probably this weekend.
RDWC Dessert Mix Tracker 20230628.png
I really let this grow get away from me. I've been feeding them, but have gone several days at a time without even opening the tent. And they've grown wild in there. I finally went in yesterday and trimmed them up some.
It's tough to start when they get that bad. I started in the front, removing everything below the first net and working my way into the middle of the plant. Everything below the first net got clipped, and quite a bit above it. I pulled 4 5G buckets stuffed full of foliage out of there. And it still looks too full.

There is quite a difference in height between the front and back, too. The front two (FF & BP) are well into the second net, while the two in back (MM & AB) are struggling to get any height.

Apple Betty (back-right) - She has plenty of length, but it's all horizontal. Her lower nodes were all the way to the side of the tent, but hadn't made it up to the first net. She was a complete mess. I took several of her longer branches and pushed them straight up through both nets. She has very slim flexible branches, with no rigidity at all. I may need to tie them up there.

Banana Pudding (front-right) - This lady has the longest fan leaves I have ever seen. Some of the petioles are over 8" long, reaching up from the middle of the canopy. She also has some huge buds under there, so I'm leaving her fans alone.

Forbidden Fruit (front-left) - She's probably the prettiest plant in the tent right now. She has lots of buds that have stretched up into the second net and looks like she's ready to do some building.

Mango Mousse (back-left) - She is a pretty plant, but is not stretching much. She's still several inches below the second net, and being crowded on two sides.

At this point, they are what they are. I'll do a res change this weekend and check the light, it may need to come down some. Other than that, I'll be leaving them alone from here out. The only reason to open the tent now is to take pictures ;)

Other then the different heights your biggest problem will be too much weed!
Yea, I have no real complaints. I'll be happy with what I get.
Personally I'll take unwanted bud sites anytime from flip on rather than waiting for stretch to finish. If the plant is going to put energy into something I want it to be something I'm keeping. :)

:green_heart:
I agree with this, just got into other things the past couple of weeks. It's summertime at the lake, the garden outside is in full swing, plenty to keep busy ;)

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Other Equipment:

Date: 6/28/23 Day# 65 (Flower Day# 23)

These ladies are drinking about 3.5 gallons every day. I'm keeping the PPM between 1000-1200, and the pH around 6. PB adds more 'Big Data' on weeks 2 & 3, which were added 45ml at a time. In week 5, the Big Data goes down. That means I need to do a res change soon, probably this weekend.
RDWC Dessert Mix Tracker 20230628.png
I really let this grow get away from me. I've been feeding them, but have gone several days at a time without even opening the tent. And they've grown wild in there. I finally went in yesterday and trimmed them up some.
It's tough to start when they get that bad. I started in the front, removing everything below the first net and working my way into the middle of the plant. Everything below the first net got clipped, and quite a bit above it. I pulled 4 5G buckets stuffed full of foliage out of there. And it still looks too full.

There is quite a difference in height between the front and back, too. The front two (FF & BP) are well into the second net, while the two in back (MM & AB) are struggling to get any height.

Apple Betty (back-right) - She has plenty of length, but it's all horizontal. Her lower nodes were all the way to the side of the tent, but hadn't made it up to the first net. She was a complete mess. I took several of her longer branches and pushed them straight up through both nets. She has very slim flexible branches, with no rigidity at all. I may need to tie them up there.

Banana Pudding (front-right) - This lady has the longest fan leaves I have ever seen. Some of the petioles are over 8" long, reaching up from the middle of the canopy. She also has some huge buds under there, so I'm leaving her fans alone.

Forbidden Fruit (front-left) - She's probably the prettiest plant in the tent right now. She has lots of buds that have stretched up into the second net and looks like she's ready to do some building.

Mango Mousse (back-left) - She is a pretty plant, but is not stretching much. She's still several inches below the second net, and being crowded on two sides.

At this point, they are what they are. I'll do a res change this weekend and check the light, it may need to come down some. Other than that, I'll be leaving them alone from here out. The only reason to open the tent now is to take pictures ;)

Really great defol work, I’m sure glad that was you n not me. How long did it take you 2 ? btw nice looking dessert 🧁garden . CL🍀. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom