Latest post is here

They look familiar and so does the smell. :love: 😎I changed the reservoir this afternoon to straight water.:) Mine are starting to get that "finishing look", I think.:hmmmm::)
I'm still thinking these ladies have a few more weeks. I'm also thinking of a staggered harvest, as long as I can keep the mites at bay.
Factory is right! Just stamping them out in unison, orderly fashion.

Those pics of (almost) symmetry is just mesmerising.

Beautiful, but then, your girls always are LKA.
Thanks Dv8. They're not even close to even as they fall off on the right side, but that's my fault. The RDWC is closer to the left side of the tent. I keep trying to fill the whole tent, but I can't fill the right side without the left side climbing the walls. If I want an even canopy with this system I'll need to keep an empty strip on the right side (for air circulation?).
Frosty AF in there and nice work keeping the pH in line to keep them green!
Thanks Shed.
Nom nom nom... 🐞 🐞🐞🐞
I think I may need to spray them again soon, especially on the left-back. I may need to defoliate a little before I do, though. Luckily, the SNS-217c doesn't harm the ladybugs.
As a rule I hate a scrog net nearly as much as I hate the word scrog.
A scrog done right is a thing of beauty. Would you like it more if it was called a trellis?
Cool hand Luke, as always you are the exception 💚🧚🏼
Thanks Trala.

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Colombian Gold Clones in RDWC

Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSFD6500
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies USA Express

Welcome back to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSFD6500 (650w bar LED) and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Vivosun Smart Grow System recipe: Colombian Gold RDWC Flower *VEG* mode
  • Light - Vivosun VSFD6500
    • 18:00-08:00 - OFF
    • 08:00-18:00 - 90% Flowering mode (35 DLI)
  • Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6 x2
    • 19:00-08:00 - Speed 8
    • 08:00-19:00 - Natural Wind
  • Exhaust - Vivosun 6" AeroZesh
    • 22:00-08:00 - 54% RH, speed 10
    • 08:00-19:00 - 85F & 63% RH, speed 8
    • 19:00-20:00 - 61%RH speed 10
    • 20:00-21:00 - 59%RH speed 10
    • 21:00-22:00 - 57%RH speed 10
    • 22:00-24:00 - 55%RH speed 10
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun 13" oscillating floor fan oscillating horizontally and vertically, on natural wind mode
- Active Aqua 1/4hp chiller set to 68f with 3f swing

Date: 12/6/23 Day# 104 - Flip day# 80 - Flower day# 70
Strain: Herbies Seeds Colombian Gold (World of Seeds) fem photo clones
Names: Maria(Front-left), Luisa(Front-right), Camila(back-left), Sofia(back-right)
Nutrients: MC Blend (5gMC+1gMgN+.33BE - 148-50-182,114,64,51), Hydroguard, z7
Medium: 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Pests: Spider Mites

Finishing up their 10th week of flower these ladies are still doing really well. All of the buds are fat and dense and sticky. I'm seeing a lot more brown/orange stigmas, but still a lot of white as well. I'm thinking they have another week or two to go.

I have been seeing more mite damage in the back-left corner.

So today I cleaned up back there. I removed a lot of the leaves under the canopy, allowing me to really see the individual buds back there. Then I sprayed SHS-217c, making sure to spray up underneath any leaves and between the rows. I still don't see any webs, so I'm hoping to keep the population down for a couple more weeks.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

They are incredible.:oops: I think mine is finishing faster than the three days difference in flip:hmmmm:. Do you think it's more the CO2 used earlier,or the lights off, cooler temperatures during ripening? :)
I think your buds will be bigger with added growth time. :hmmmm::) Here's a pic of my of my CG buds for comparison.:):bong:

CG Day 83 flower (9).JPG

Colombian Gold, Day 83 since flip. Since we're counting flowering days differently. :)

They are incredible.:oops: I think mine is finishing faster than the three days difference in flip:hmmmm:. Do you think it's more the CO2 used earlier,or the lights off, cooler temperatures during ripening? :)
Differences in PPFD and nutrients? Also, I adjusted to the dropping pH faster with less leaf damage, mostly because I saw you do it first ;)
I think your buds will be bigger with added growth time. :hmmmm::) Here's a pic of my of my CG buds for comparison.:):bong:

CG Day 83 flower (9).JPG

Colombian Gold, Day 83 since flip. Since we're counting flowering days differently. :)
We'll see about bigger, I have some chunky buds in there now. They sure are frosty and they smell fantastic. I'm ready for them to be finished now ;)

The Vivosun Bud Factory

Welcome back to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSFD6500 (650w bar LED) and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

• 08:00-18:00 - 75% Flowering mode (32 DLI)
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun 13" oscillating floor fan oscillating horizontally and vertically, on natural wind mode

Date: 12/12/23 Day# 111 - Flip day# 86 - Flower day# 76
Names: Maria(Front-left), Luisa(Front-right), Camila(back-left), Sofia(back-right)
Nutrients: Water Only, Hydroguard, z7

I've been bringing the PPMs down slowly in the RDWC, perhaps too slowly. Yesterday I flushed the res and filled with well water (80ppm). The end is near...
Colombian Gold RDWC Tracker.png

I've been stepping the @VIVOSUN VSFD6500 down over the last several weeks. Its on a 10/14 schedule @ 75% now, giving them around 30-32 DLI. I'll leave it here through the end.

And the end is coming! At least for these ladies, they're showing signs of finishing up. It looks like the SNS-217c, defoliation, and ladybugs have held the mites in check, I'm not seeing much if any new damage and no webs. Hopefully between the flushed res, the reduced DLI and the super dry air in there they're starting to get the hint that it's time to finish ;)

The Vivosun Bud Factory

Other Equipment:

Date: 12/12/23 Day# 111 - Flip day# 86 - Flower day# 76

I've been bringing the PPMs down slowly in the RDWC, perhaps too slowly. Yesterday I flushed the res and filled with well water (80ppm). The end is near...

I've been stepping the @VIVOSUN VSFD6500 down over the last several weeks. Its on a 10/14 schedule @ 75% now, giving them around 30-32 DLI. I'll leave it here through the end.

And the end is coming! At least for these ladies, they're showing signs of finishing up. It looks like the SNS-217c, defoliation, and ladybugs have held the mites in check, I'm not seeing much if any new damage and no webs. Hopefully between the flushed res, the reduced DLI and the super dry air in there they're starting to get the hint that it's time to finish ;)

They will be super solid. :) Just rocks on a stick.:oops::cheesygrinsmiley: That smell pretty good too.:love:

So much foxtailing frostiness in there, and you kept those leaves green right up until the end. :bravo:
Thanks Shed. They're on 100ppm water now, so that will change soon enough ;)

They will be super solid. :) Just rocks on a stick.:oops::cheesygrinsmiley: That smell pretty good too.:love:
I am surprised at how solid/dense the buds are, even on the lowers :Rasta:

Smashin it Growmie!!! Where's the smellovision!? 😎✌️
Thanks Scottay, and I wish! My son said it smelled like soap, I smell fruit and gas. It definitely doesn't smell like weed/skunk.

Thanks Scottay, and I wish! My son said it smelled like soap, I smell fruit and gas. It definitely doesn't smell like weed/skunk.
My other half doesn't actually smoke but I still love hearing what others smell and she always says pepper 😂🤣 So many strains.... so little time right!!!

My other half doesn't actually smoke but I still love hearing what others smell and she always says pepper 😂🤣 So many strains.... so little time right!!!
My other half does and LOVES the smell. So, I don't bother with filters on my tents. Right now my whole house reeks of weed :)

My son came over last weekend and ended up taking an old stuffed animal home from the basement. He said he was surprised it didn't smell like basement (musty), and I said that's probably because of the dehumidifier down there. He took it home and left it in his car. The next morning he went to his car and it stunk of weed. He figured out it was the stuffed animal, from being down in the basement:oops: Well, at least it didn't smell like basement:yummy:

The Vivosun Bud Factory

Vivosun Smart Grow System recipe: Colombian Gold RDWC Flower *FLOWER* mode
    • 18:00-08:00 - Speed 8
    • 08:00-18:00 - Speed 10
    • 00:00-07:00 - 46% RH, speed 8
    • 07:00-08:00 - 50% RH, speed 8
    • 08:00-17:00 - 56%RH speed 8
    • 17:00-18:00 - 54%RH speed 8
    • 18:00-00:00 - 48%RH speed 8
Other Equipment:
- Active Aqua 1/4hp chiller set to 66f with 3f swing

Date: 12/19/23 Day# 117 - Flip day# 92 - Flower day# 82

It's been a week since I switched out the res for plain water. Well, I've added a little BE so it's not just water, but close enough.
Last week I started 'thinning' them out. I got rid of a lot of the top leaves and any damaged leaves. Then I reached down between the buds and removed a few middle leaves. It gives them better spacing to finish up and makes sure I have good airflow around the buds.

These ladies are definitely finishing up. I took some tric pictures and was surprised to see some ambers in there. I was even more surprised at how LONG these trics are :)

I'm harvesting Pinky (BubbleGum Auto) from the auto tent, so these ladies will have to wait. Hopefully by the end of this week I can start harvesting, but then it'll be Christmas🎄🎅 I'm sure I'll find some time to harvest some buds, though. I'll get all the top buds first and give the lowers more time to ripen. Time to get busy!

Just incredible. :love: :oops::cheesygrinsmiley: And I know how solid those flowers are too.:cheer: You'll start trimming down the stalk, and you just keep going and going.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley: Keeper buds way down stalk. :love: Just wait till you start trimming,:oops: and the gas smell takes off. :oops: :cheesygrinsmiley:It goes away mostly, as they dry.:)

Just incredible. :love: :oops::cheesygrinsmiley: And I know how solid those flowers are too.:cheer: You'll start trimming down the stalk, and you just keep going and going.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley: Keeper buds way down stalk. :love: Just wait till you start trimming,:oops: and the gas smell takes off. :oops: :cheesygrinsmiley:It goes away mostly, as they dry.:)
Thanks GW. They are very dense flowers, lots of weight. I have a bit of larf under the net, but I'm going to leave that and see if it hardens up.

Back
Top Bottom