Which strain? :hmmmm: :cheesygrinsmiley:
I started a Cannapot Kush Mints from Ape Origin on Sunday. It says 5 seeds, but there were six seeds in the vial. Free seed!
20231112_131628.jpg

Three days on the heat mat and yesterday she sprouted: Hello Moira!
20231116_084740.jpg
20231116_084749.jpg

I'll grow her as a mother and take clones when the Bud Factory is ready. Until then, Moira will hang out in a prototype of the new Vivosun vGrow Smart Grow Box! It has a swick base and tunable 100w LED, along with a bunch of other features.
20231116_083519.jpg

20231116_083351.jpg

Instead of adding another tent to the basement, I have this up in my office. That will give me a better feel for the prototype, how much noise it makes, etc. I can't wait to start playing around with this thing:)

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow

That looks good. :) Perfect environment for a mother. :hmmmm: Just have look in on her often.:love: After all, it's in your office.:bong:
Oh, I forgot to mention. I am intrigued by the strain. :) I love the Kushes :)and crossing with Animal Mints.:love: It sounds like a taste I would relish.:passitleft:

That looks good. :) Perfect environment for a mother. :hmmmm: Just have look in on her often.:love: After all, it's in your office.:bong:
I plan on continuing the grow after I take the clones and finishing up the mother in the vGrow cube. It'ss be a great first test of the system.
Oh, I forgot to mention. I am intrigued by the strain. :) I love the Kushes :)and crossing with Animal Mints.:love: It sounds like a taste I would relish.:passitleft:
I'm a Kush fan too, it'll be a nice change-up after the Colombians.

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Colombian Gold Clones in RDWC

Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSFD6500
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies USA Express

Welcome back to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSFD6500 (650w bar LED) and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Vivosun Smart Grow System recipe: Colombian Gold RDWC Flower *VEG* mode
  • Light - Vivosun VSFD6500
    • 19:00-08:00 - OFF
    • 08:00-19:00 - 100% Flowering mode (40-45 DLI)
  • Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6
    • 19:00-08:00 - Speed 8
    • 08:00-19:00 - Natural Wind
  • Exhaust - Vivosun 6" AeroZesh
    • 22:00-08:00 - 54% RH, speed 10
    • 08:00-19:00 - 85F & 63% RH, speed 8
    • 19:00-20:00 - 61%RH speed 10
    • 20:00-21:00 - 59%RH speed 10
    • 21:00-22:00 - 57%RH speed 10
    • 22:00-24:00 - 55%RH speed 10
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 oscillating
- Vivosun 13" oscillating floor fan oscillating horizontally and vertically, on natural wind mode
- Active Aqua 1/4hp chiller set to 68f with 3f swing

Date: 11/17/23 Day# 86 - Flip day# 61 - Flower day# 51
Strain: Herbies Seeds Colombian Gold (World of Seeds) fem photo clones
Names: Maria(Front-left), Luisa(Front-right), Camila(back-left), Sofia(back-right)
Nutrients: MC Blend (5gMC+1gMgN+.33BE - 148-50-182,114,64,51), Hydroguard, z7
Medium: 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)

I've let the pH in the res go up to 6.1 just by skipping the pH down. Another 5G of water added today will keep it from getting any lower. Meanwhile, I've added 37G since the last res change so this weekend I'll give them a fresh res. I'm keeping the nutrients the same as the last res, just a bit less pH down this time to try to keep the pH > 6.0.
Colombian Gold RDWC Tracker.png
The leaf issues don't seem to be getting much worse, so maybe it was just the spike in acidity. Either way the flowers are still building and fattening. They're in their eighth week of flower and these ladies still looks like they have a few weeks left to go.

On day# 56 (11/22) I have the Vivosun SGS shceduled to switch to FLOWER mode on this recipe. That will switch them to a 10/14 schedule for the remainder of the grow, with a maximum RH of 58% day & 52% night. That should give them the perfect environment to ripen up and get nice hard buds.

I opened up all three sides today to get a look from different angles. Here they are from the right side of the tent:

And from the left side:

From the front:

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

Looking spectacular in there LKA and I'm glad to hear you stopped the spread of whatever what bugging it!
Thanks Shed.
Sweet looking piece of equipment...betcha it works out perfectly.:thumb:
It's a prototype so I'm sure there will be a few kinks. I'll also be trying out something new for me... coco with a swick base.

Incredible, :oops: :love: trichomes are really thickening up. :cheer:
They're not quite where yours are yet but I'm a few days behind. It smells like rotten fruit in there :)

They're not quite where yours are yet but I'm a few days behind. It smells like rotten fruit in there :)
You get somewhat of a fast forward on what yours are going to do.:hmmmm: :)

There may be a bit of rotten fruit smell. :hmmmm: i have a hard time with smells other than skunk and the earthy smells.:rolleyes: I get different smells on the Colombian Gold. One smell when I enter the space,:hmmmm: another smell when the plants are disturbed a little.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

You get somewhat of a fast forward on what yours are going to do.:hmmmm: :)

There may be a bit of rotten fruit smell. :hmmmm: i have a hard time with smells other than skunk and the earthy smells.:rolleyes: I get different smells on the Colombian Gold. One smell when I enter the space,:hmmmm: another smell when the plants are disturbed a little.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:
I've noticed the same. The tent smells different than the stem rubs.

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Colombian Gold Clones in RDWC

Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSFD6500
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies USA Express

Welcome back to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSFD6500 (650w bar LED) and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Vivosun Smart Grow System recipe: Colombian Gold RDWC Flower *VEG* mode
  • Light - Vivosun VSFD6500
    • 19:00-08:00 - OFF
    • 08:00-19:00 - 100% Flowering mode (40-45 DLI)
  • Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6
    • 19:00-08:00 - Speed 8
    • 08:00-19:00 - Natural Wind
  • Exhaust - Vivosun 6" AeroZesh
    • 22:00-08:00 - 54% RH, speed 10
    • 08:00-19:00 - 85F & 63% RH, speed 8
    • 19:00-20:00 - 61%RH speed 10
    • 20:00-21:00 - 59%RH speed 10
    • 21:00-22:00 - 57%RH speed 10
    • 22:00-24:00 - 55%RH speed 10
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 oscillating
- Vivosun 13" oscillating floor fan oscillating horizontally and vertically, on natural wind mode
- Active Aqua 1/4hp chiller set to 68f with 3f swing

Date: 11/20/23 Day# 89 - Flip day# 64 - Flower day# 54
Strain: Herbies Seeds Colombian Gold (World of Seeds) fem photo clones
Names: Maria(Front-left), Luisa(Front-right), Camila(back-left), Sofia(back-right)
Nutrients: MC Blend (5gMC+1gMgN+.33BE - 148-50-182,114,64,51), Hydroguard, z7
Medium: 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)

Yesterday was time for a res change for the RDWC. So I drained it and rinsed it out really well, back-washed the chiller, and filled it back up. I'm keeping the same nutrients, just a fresh batch. I'm also keeping the pH in the 6.1-6.4 range, so I added a bit less pH down. This morning it was at 6.2/990.
Colombian Gold RDWC Tracker.png

While I had the tent open yesterday I gave them a really good look-over. The leave browning looks to have stopped and everything is looking really good. Well, all except in the back left corner.
20231120_085650.jpg

Blended in with the little bit of nutrient deficiency on those leaves is something else: spider mites :eek: I confirmed it with my Vivosun 30x loupe. Right now it looks confined to the back-left corner. I didn't have time to do anything yesterday other than ordering some ladybugs. Tonight, I go to war!
20231120_085947.jpg

I'll use the sprayer to get up under the leaves, spraying up into the canopy. Everything gets doused tonight before lights-out, and again in a couple of days. I hate to do it, but hate even more to harvest early or give it over to the mites. I'm getting really sick of these little buggers!

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

So far I haven't had a bug issue in my grow areas and am delighted, but I have been wondering, what's different? :hmmmm:

My grow area was new construction about 2008 or 2009, and all the space has been used for, is growing.:) I store some things there, but not anything that would be bug attractants.:hmmmm: The site hasn't had any food products brought in, and I'm pretty careful about what I bring in. I remove my shoes oftentimes, after entering the doorway.:hmmmm: I put sticky traps around, but I seem to only catch the stray insect, rather than a horde.:) We don't have pets, so that may be one big reason.:passitleft: I would think furry little animals, that roll around outside, would be a logical source.:hmmmm: I'll keep my fingers crossed and enjoy the absence of them.:)

Back
Top Bottom