The Vivosun Bud Factory - 4 Kush Mints Clones In RDWC 5x5 VSFD6500

They look right at home. :love: :)
Thanks GW. The first couple of weeks is easy, just waiting for the roots to get established and for them to start drinking. They're starting to move now.

👋 Long time no see LKA (lol). WOW, great setup. And dannnnggg these journals are starting to look hecka slick! Good job LKA, can't wait to see what goes on in your tents this year :D
Thanks Darade, and welcome back. You're just in time, these girls are taking off!

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Kush Mints Clones in RDWC

Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSFD6500
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSFD6500 and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Vivosun Smart Grow System settings: ** Vegetative Mode **
  • Light - Vivosun VSFD6500
    • 22:00-04:00 - OFF
    • 04:00-22:00 - 70% Vegetative mode (35DLI)
  • Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6
    • 00:00-24:00 - Natural Wind
  • Exhaust - Vivosun 6" AeroZesh
    • 22:00-04:00 - 60% RH, speed 5
    • 04:00-22:00 - 82F & 66% RH, speed 7
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 oscillating
- Vivosun 13" oscillating floor fan oscillating horizontally and vertically, on natural wind mode

Date: Feb 1 - Day# 19
Strain: Kush Mints (Cannapot/ApeOrigin) fem photo clones
Nutrients: MC 1-part, Hydroguard, Z7
Medium: 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)

I just added two more gallons to the RDWC reservoir. The PPMs were still trending down, so I bumped the MC up another g/G.
Kush Mints RDWC Tracker.png
I still haven't done anything with these ladies since I topped them. They're getting bigger and starting to look a bit bushy, with those big puffy hydro leaves. It looks like the canopy is growing about even all by itself which is good. I still plan on putting up the net and spreading them out. I'm going to let them get a bit bigger this time, though. It won't take long at the rate they're growing ;)

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

They're really bushing out in there, but on my wish list is swapping the back left and right plants. :)
Thanks Shed. I put the larger plants on the right because there's more room over there (the res connects on the left). That leaves the smaller plants on the left, and that back left tends to get short-changed (except the last grow, when she was the largest but got mites!). I think she'll still fill her corner, though :)

The Vivosun Bud Factory

Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSFD6500 and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

• Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6 x 2
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun 13" oscillating floor fan oscillating horizontally and vertically, on natural wind mode

Date: 2/5/24 Day# 23

Saturday I decided to clean them up a little bit. They had some ugly leaves and some blocked bud sites so I was just going to take a little bit off. The next thing I know, I've pretty much stripped all of the lowers and big fans.

They bounce back so quickly in RDWC, though. By the next day they were already filling back in.

The top nodes are starting to get pretty tall on a couple of them, so it was time to install the net. After the last grow, it was sprayed with H2O2 and then sealed in a zip-lock bag. Hopefully nothing is still alive on there, but I sprayed it with peroxide again when it came out of the bag just in case.

I put it a little higher than I have been, about 12" above the buckets (31" overall). I still need to be really careful with these girls, as there's not a lot of stem in the pebbles to keep them steady. When I'm ready to start spreading them, I'll attach them to the net to stabilize them first. The two on the right are ready.

Right now each plant has six main branches. I plan to spread them out until all four plants have all six branches at net height. The bigger plants will need to be spread out further but I have plenty of room. Once all 24 colas are on the net I'll clean up everything under the net and flip to flower. My goal is to have 24 colas and no larf. Right now they still have a bit to go and some roots to grow!

Great growth after this:

LOL! They certainly do bounce back quickly in there.
Putting the net a bit higher makes it easier for you to lie on your back and crawl under there to get to the larf. :welldone:
Thanks Shed, but if I need to crawl under the net I'm in trouble! I should be able to reach everywhere using the side doors.

I don't think there will be any problem filling the 5x5 :rolleyes: :cheesygrinsmiley:
I hope you don't mind me answering this over here. Last grow I filled the 5x5 horizontally with buds. It was probably a bit too dense, with lots under the canopy. They didn't stretch nearly as much as I was expecting, so vertically there was a lot of room left over.

This time I plan on keeping just the mains from all four plants. Twenty-four colas, evenly spaced and with plenty of room between them. I'll keep them at net height until flip+7 then let them go vertical. I really want to see 24 towers in there :) I have a good feeling for the stretch from Moira (the mother), I'm still hoping I can get the height right🤞

I hope you don't mind me answering this over here. Last grow I filled the 5x5 horizontally with buds. It was probably a bit too dense, with lots under the canopy. They didn't stretch nearly as much as I was expecting, so vertically there was a lot of room left over.

This time I plan on keeping just the mains from all four plants. Twenty-four colas, evenly spaced and with plenty of room between them. I'll keep them at net height until flip+7 then let them go vertical. I really want to see 24 towers in there :) I have a good feeling for the stretch from Moira (the mother), I'm still hoping I can get the height right🤞
Just an observation looking at Mom, on 5x5 filling potential. 😎

It would really be a beautiful sight, to see that number or something close, growing fat and tall, with plenty of room to get a good picture of individual stalks. :love: :)

It would also make a good Plant of the Month candidate, if a single plant can be highlighted.:hmmmm::):bong:

Did I mention these girls grew fast in RDWC? The timelapse video function on my Wyze cameras has been acting up lately. Sometimes it doesn't save a video at all. Sometimes it stops recording for no reason. Here's four days growth (day# 17-21) in the RDWC I was able to save. I cut out the dark time, but you can see the plants rise & fall each day with the 'sun'. And in the end... it's a massacre!

The Vivosun Bud Factory

Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Other Equipment:

Date: 2/9/24 Day# 27

The RDWC res has not given me any issues. I've bumped up the PPMs a couple of times and plan to keep bringing them up to around 2EC (1000ppm) before flower.
Kush Mints RDWC Tracker.png
These girls are growing quickly and so are their roots. They should start drinking a bit more as they really get going.

I haven't done anything since trimming them on 2/3 (6 days ago). I wish I had timelapse of the last week or growth but my camera crapped out. Six days in RDWC is a long time and they really need another trim. I'll get after them this weekend and get rid of all of the sub-branches. They're all close or at the net now, so it's just about time to start training them, too. It won't be long now before all of the branches are at the net and they're ready to be flipped.

Those are some serious roots!
Thanks Shed. That's one of the reasons I'm keeping more vegetation on them right now, it let's them power those roots!

The Vivosun Bud Factory

Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Other Equipment:

Date: 2/12/24 Day# 30

It's hard to tell these girls were stripped just last week. With only three nodes on each plant, they got bushy again quickly.

I went down yesterday to clean them up a little and ended up stripping them to the tips again :cheesygrinsmiley:

They're starting to get mode stable in the pebbles as the top roots get bigger. These girls have very little stem in the pebbles and roots all the way to the top of the netpots.

They all have the top nodes up to the net, and the second node is almost there as well. The lower nodes need to start growing up, one of the reason I stripped everything above them. I'll be spreading the top nodes out on the net all week, which should give the lower nodes a chance to catch up. Based on what they did last week, I'm expecting everything to be up at the net by the end of this week and they'll be ready to flip.

Back
Top Bottom