LKABudMan - Kush Mints, Coco, In The Vivosun vGrow Smart Grow Box

Really outstanding stuff going on here, pulling up a chair.
I've got Kush Mints going right now too and the node density is just crazy, super bushy plant.

I got through most of the pictures in this thread, but didn't have time to read, so apologies if this question has come up, curious how much warmer it is in the tent than outside of it?

Edit: Well, had I read the first post I would have seen room temps are 60-72 F.
Welcome and thanks Catahoula. I'm really happy with the Kush Mints, I have four clones just flipped to flower in RDWC :)
It's hard to tell you how much heat the vGrow adds. I don't measure the temperature in my office. I feel the 'outside temp' reading from the vGrow is high, probably influenced by the vGrow itself. Also, I've never had the light over 75%. My gut tells me it's about 5-7f higher in the tent than my office when the lights are on. That will also depend on how much the exhaust runs, how high, etc. I have an oil-filled heater in my office now to keep it warm enough to get the tent up to 78-80f when the lights are on.

Do you do any pH adjusting to your nutes or the res over time, this being coco?
I pH and adjust the nutrients before adding to the vGrow. I mixed up 4 gallons of fresh nutrients yesterday and measured at 6.2. After bubbling for a day, today they measured 6.5. I added around .3ml pH Down to get the four gallons down to 6.1 before taking a gallon to add to the vGrow.

I'll measure them every time I take a gallon to add to the vGrow. In the past, the pH drops over the next couple of days. I'll end up adding a little pH Up for the third gallon. Knowing it has the tendency to drop in pH, I'm shooting for 5.9-6.1 when adding to the vGrow.

All that said, I may have just been able to add the nutrients without pH'ing. They never read above 6.5, so they probably would have been fine. I have the pH meter out every other day to check the RDWC, though, so why not?

I pH and adjust the nutrients before adding to the vGrow. I mixed up 4 gallons of fresh nutrients yesterday and measured at 6.2. After bubbling for a day, today they measured 6.5. I added around .3ml pH Down to get the four gallons down to 6.1 before taking a gallon to add to the vGrow.

I'll measure them every time I take a gallon to add to the vGrow. In the past, the pH drops over the next couple of days. I'll end up adding a little pH Up for the third gallon. Knowing it has the tendency to drop in pH, I'm shooting for 5.9-6.1 when adding to the vGrow.

All that said, I may have just been able to add the nutrients without pH'ing. They never read above 6.5, so they probably would have been fine. I have the pH meter out every other day to check the RDWC, though, so why not?
Thanks! I was wondering because of GDB's LazyMeter™. ;)

Mind if I put that info in his new thread?

Thanks! I was wondering because of GDB's LazyMeter™. ;)

Mind if I put that info in his new thread?
I'm reading along Shed!

And I bought new calibration and storage fluids for my Apera Ph meter.

The Lazy-Meter and I actually had a civil discussion about the Ph issue that comes with using coco and he's cool with it because of the reservoirs.

He's a calculating SOB! 🙂

Oh cool! I'm glad you're not just on arguing terms. Will you talk about it in your thread for folks taking inspiration from you?
I'll try Shed but that's more typing.

Unless...my post on the subject reads strangely similar to BudMan's take on the subject. 😁

Just kidding BudMan. I would never plagiarize your work. But I might cite it and link to it! :Rasta:

I'll try Shed but that's more typing.

Unless...my post on the subject reads strangely similar to BudMan's take on the subject. 😁

Just kidding BudMan. I would never plagiarize your work. But I might cite it and link to it! :Rasta:
Feel free to plagiarize me! As long as the information gets out there do whatever is easier for you.

Feel free to plagiarize me! As long as the information gets out there do whatever is easier for you.
I'm not wired like that BudMan.

I must ensure that credit is given where it's due. You're due some! :Rasta:

Thanks 7Dust and yes, I'm having a lot of fun with this little box :)
I beat . I would have given my right arm.. it's pretty. Lmao. You do it a great justice bro. Hats off.

I beat . I would have given my right arm.. it's pretty. Lmao. You do it a great justice bro. Hats off.
Thanks a lot Dust. She's been fun to play around with, almost like a bonsai tree.

Vivosun vGrow Smart Grow Box *Prototype V2*
Cannapot Kush Mints fem photo (Moira)

Date: 2/23/24 - Day# 100 - Flip day# 61 - Flower Day# 45
Medium: 3G pot w/ Coco
Nutrients: 5.5MC+1SC+.5MgS = 131N-64P-232K-124Ca-61Mg-82S
Light: 75% Flowering spectrum 12/12 (1100ppfd / 45DLI)
Circulation: 8/10
Exhaust: 64%RH day / 50% RH night

It feels like she's on cruise control now. I'm really trying to keep her green for as long as possible so I'm watching for any signs of issues. She still looks spectacular and is really starting to fill the vGrow with lots of frosty bud!

#vivosun #vGrow #lovewhatyougrow

She still looks spectacular and is really starting to fill the vGrow with lots of frosty bud!
Lots of frosty bud. ✔️

(Hope I don't have to outsource that one.)

Vivosun vGrow Smart Grow Box *Prototype V2*
Cannapot Kush Mints fem photo (Moira)

Date: 2/26/24 - Day# 103 - Flip day# 64 - Flower Day# 48
Medium: 3G pot w/ Coco
Nutrients: 5.5MC+1SC+.5MgS = 131N-64P-232K-124Ca-61Mg-82S
Light: 65% Flowering spectrum 12/12 (950ppfd / 40DLI)
Circulation: 8/10
Exhaust: 58%RH day / 48% RH night

Moira is slowing down a little in her drinking. It's been cooler in my office the last couple of days, though. I filled her base this morning with freshly pH'ed nutrients at 6.1. Since I've noticed the MC nutrients tend to drop in pH over the week, I'd rather add it a little high.
Moira Feeding Tracker.png
It's hard to believe this lady is finishing up her 7th week of flower, day# 64 since flip. Her leaves are still nice and green, except that one in front crammed against the door. I really haven't done anything in the past 4-5 weeks except fill the res and take pictures. She is definitely maturing and ripening, though. Most of her pistils are turning brown and crinkling, she is showing more trichomes and the smell is increasing.

Today I reduced the vGrow light from 75% to 65%, reducing the tops from 1100PPDF/45+DLI to around 950/38-40DLI. I was pushing her pretty hard and it was time to start ramping her down to ripen and mature. I'll probably change to an 11/13 schedule next week, further reducing the DLI. Time for this lady to put on as much weight as possible before finishing up :)

#vivosun #vGrow #lovewhatyougrow

Back
Top Bottom