The Vivosun Bud Factory - 4 Kush Mints Clones In RDWC 5x5 VSFD6500

I was able to get the Wyze to get me a whole week of timelapse coverage! Here it is as a gif with all dark periods removed. Days 26 to 32, with their second major defoliation right in the middle.

That looks awesome, they are really loving that setup, great start!!
Thanks Rick. I love this PA Hydro RDWC system. Lots of water movement and air for the roots, they love it :)

Thanks Rick. I love this PA Hydro RDWC system. Lots of water movement and air for the roots, they love it :)
They really do, personally i think that rdwc/ dwc is the way to go. I go the same route when I grow, the growth is just next level. I'm gonna drop some orange cookies in a rdwc here in a few days, can't wait to see what the end result is gonna be.

They really do, personally i think that rdwc/ dwc is the way to go. I go the same route when I grow, the growth is just next level. I'm gonna drop some orange cookies in a rdwc here in a few days, can't wait to see what the end result is gonna be.
The growth in this RDWC system is phenomenal. It's also really easy to use and maintain. I can go weeks in flower without ever opening the tent, just adding to the res every other day.
@LKABudMan if you don't mind me asking, how long have you been practicing dwc?
I started growing in Sept 2021 with four buckets in DWC. I tried one grow in soil after that, then got the PA Hydro system. This is my 6th grow with this RDWC.

The growth in this RDWC system is phenomenal. It's also really easy to use and maintain. I can go weeks in flower without ever opening the tent, just adding to the res every other day.

I started growing in Sept 2021 with four buckets in DWC. I tried one grow in soil after that, then got the PA Hydro system. This is my 6th grow with this RDWC.
yeah that is low maintenance, I'm seeing guys say they go about 3 weeks before they change the res water and just topping is off in the mean time. I figure its a little tricky with figuring out how much nutes to add so the water isn't toxic to the plants. Is there a method to it all or is it just add the appropriate amount of nutes to the gallons your mixing, the old water has less nutrients in the so do we add extra to account for that? lol it's definitely a learning process and I'm just trying to figure it all out.

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Kush Mints Clones in RDWC

Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSFD6500
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSFD6500 and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Vivosun Smart Grow System settings: ** Vegetative Mode **
  • Light - Vivosun VSFD6500
    • 22:00-04:00 - OFF
    • 04:00-22:00 - 70% Vegetative mode (35DLI)
  • Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6 x 2
    • 00:00-24:00 - Natural Wind
  • Exhaust - Vivosun 6" AeroZesh
    • 22:00-04:00 - 60% RH, speed 5
    • 04:00-22:00 - 82F & 66% RH, speed 7
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun 13" oscillating floor fan oscillating horizontally and vertically, on natural wind mode

Date: 2/20/24 Day# 38
Strain: Kush Mints (Cannapot/ApeOrigin) fem photo clones
Nutrients: MC 1-part, Hydroguard, Z7
Medium: 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)

These ladies have been cruising along in the RDWC and are eating everything I throw at them. They'll be up to 2EC (1000ppm) soon, which is where I want them to start flower.
Kush Mints RDWC Tracker.png
The roots are still looking really good and getting bigger.

I haven't done nearly as much as I expected to do with these girls. I went down last Saturday (2/17) and cleaned them up a little. My main focus was trying to get more light to the lower nodes. Where possible I'm tucking the lower nodes to the inside to give them more height.

The lower nodes look like they'll be at the same height as everything else in the next week or so. My intention was to flip to flower last weekend. However, my internet was out so the tents can't connect to the app. I figured I'd just wait until the internet came back, but found out yesterday that the internet, as I knew it, will not be coming back. I have satellite internet being installed tomorrow (that's what you get living in the sticks). Then I'll need to reset the growhub and re-sync it to the new internet. At that point I should be able to connect to the tent and flip to flower. If I needed to, I could have reset the growhub and controlled it manually at any time. One more week won't hurt, though, especially since I have room to spread them out.

I cleaned up a few more leaves this morning and spread them out a little more. I'll keep spreading them out this week to keep everything at net level. I'll flip to 12/12 no later than Friday and then we'll see what these ladies can do :)

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

What, no gifs? :eek:
I set the time-lapse camera up for a one-week cycle. And occasionally, it just doesn't save the video ;( We'll see if we get anything this week ;)

I set the time-lapse camera up for a one-week cycle. And occasionally, it just doesn't save the video ;( We'll see if we get anything this week ;)
Oh, and I just remembered that the cameras are on my old wi-fi and I can't get to them right now. I'm going to need to reset them when I get new internet. We'll see if it end up saving anything.

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Kush Mints Clones in RDWC

Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSFD6500
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSFD6500 and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Vivosun Smart Grow System settings: RDWC Flower Recipe in SEEDLING mode
  • Light - Vivosun VSFD6500
    • 22:00-04:00 - OFF
    • 04:00-22:00 - 70% Vegetative mode (28DLI)
  • Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6 x 2
    • 00:00-24:00 - Natural Wind
  • Exhaust - Vivosun 6" AeroZesh
    • 22:00-04:00 - 56% RH, speed 6
    • 04:00-22:00 - 82F & 66% RH, speed 7
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun 13" oscillating floor fan oscillating horizontally and vertically, on natural wind mode

Date: 2/22/24 Day# 40 ** Flip Day **
Strain: Kush Mints (Cannapot/ApeOrigin) fem photo clones
Nutrients: MC 1-part, Hydroguard, Z7
Medium: 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)

I had planned on flipping these ladies last weekend. I lost internet, though, and couldn't easily flip them. So I waited a few days. Yesterday I got a new ISP (satellite) and reset the tent.

To reset the GrowHub, stick a pin/paperclip/etc in the little hole in the bottom that says 'reset'. Hold it for 5 seconds until there is one long beep. The GrowHub is now reset to factory and waiting to pair.
20240221_154834.jpg

Now go into your garden and delete the old device. Add the new device as normal. When the device is added, go back to your garden and it still knows what recipe/mode you were running. Click the recipe, click the device, then click to resync the device. The tent goes right back into the recipe/mode it was running before being reset.
Screenshot_20240221_155212_VIVOSUN.jpg

Screenshot_20240221_155224_VIVOSUN.jpg

These ladies don't mind the extra time in veg at all. They're getting big, but there is still plenty of room to LST them sideways. Today I plucked everything below the net and stretched them back out. Some of the lower nodes needed tucking back into the middle to get to the net, but they are all at the net now.

Tonight will be their first night of 12/12. They are all fully sexually mature (showing pistils with alternating nodes), so I don't expect them to have a 17 day lag like their mother (at least I hope not). Until then I'll do my best to keep the canopy even and around net height.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

Back
Top Bottom