Congrats on the harvest brother :goodjob: some thick juicy nugs over there 🤙🤙
Thanks GV, I'm looking forward to trying these 'dessert' strains.

Way to bring it home! :welldone: on that stinky closet.
Thanks Shed. And it is stinky, you can smell it when you walk up to the front door outside :yummy:

Date: 8/25/23
Strain: Herbies Seeds Mango Mousse
Drying Space - 28SqFT closet w/ air purifier/fan

Screenshot_20230825_152601_Govee Home.jpg

Mango Mousse is in the bag! I let her go 14 days in the drying closet. It's averaged right above 60%RH in there so I wasn't afraid of over-drying her.
20230825_094646.jpg

This morning I checked the stems with the wood moisture meter and they reading 13-14%. I have found that when the stems read <15% the buds are usually done.

So I bucked all of the buds into my @VIVOSUN Trim Tray. She really had some nice sticky dense buds, I had to clean the scissors several times. I thought of her as the runt for the whole grow but she ended up yielding 284g, or just about 10oz. Best of all, I haven't seen any seeds or pollen sack on her at all.

I took the Govee out of the Forbidden Fruit bag and put it in the MM bag. FF has been in the bag for over a week now. After initial spiking to 66%RH and me venting the bag for a day, she settled in to around 61% RH and should be good for the rest of the cure.
Screenshot_20230825_153246_Govee Home.jpg
I'll monitor MM's RH over the next couple of days. I'm expecting her to be between 58-62%, though, so she'll probably just stay in the Grove bag for 4-6 weeks to finish her cure. Well, I'll take a little out to squish and sample ;)
20230825_153058.jpg

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

I'm not used to harvesting the big tent so far apart. Banana Pudding is still in the drying closet, on day# 12. Mango Mousse came out of the closet on day# 14 and hit right around 64% in the Grove bag, which is my upper limit. And BP had some really large and dense buds. I'll leave her in the closet for a few more days. As long as the closet stays around 60% RH, she shouldn't get too dry.

Meanwhile, Forbidden Fruit has been in the Grove bag for a couple of weeks now and is really curing nicely. She didn't have the largest buds, but they are coated in trics. Her smell is really coming back with lots of fruit with some tropical notes. She packs a nice punch too, with a wave of euphoria followed by nice relaxing bliss. @Grand Daddy Black here is a picture of one of her buds.
20230830_171741.jpg

I haven't tried the other two yet. I sniffed Apple Betty's bag last night and she is smelling really good. I'll probably give her a try today. Mango Mousse still needs a couple more weeks. Soon BP will be coming out of the closet, and I'll have a squish party for them all ;) Mmmm DESSERT squish!

Thanks for the pic BudMan! That's lovely!

I hope to get there eventually. My FF is on flip 30. But if you look at my post for today, you'll see it's going to take me a bit longer to get there than it should have. :Rasta:

Thanks for the pic BudMan! That's lovely!

I hope to get there eventually. My FF is on flip 30. But if you look at my post for today, you'll see it's going to take me a bit longer to get there than it should have. :Rasta:
At least she is still looking good. When she's ready she'll be worth it ;)

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSF6450
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

*** Final Journal Entry ***
Strains: Banana Pudding (BP), Mango Mousse (MM), Apply Betty (AB), Forbidden Fruit (FF)
Nutrients: Veg: Megacrop 1-part. Flower: Prescription Blend. Both: Hydroguard, z7
Medium: 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)

All of the buds are out of the drying closet and in Grove bags, so it's time to put this grow to bed.

Apple Betty (back-right) - AB was the largest plant in veg, really stretching out and taking up some room. The problem came in flower, where she continued to hang out under the net and didn't even try to grow up. She got harvested first, way before she was ready. She was throwing nanners on all her buds and even had a seed poking out. In hindsight I should have just let her go and I would have at least gotten mature bud. I ended up throwing away most of her (composted) and only kept 120g (4.2oz) of top buds. It's a shame too, because she smells and tastes really good. The buzz is energetic and not very long-lasting, typical for a plant harvested too early. I kind of want to try growing her again, but I've seen several other growers having issues. Maybe one day.

Forbidden Fruit (front-left) - This lady was the prettiest in the tent. She was a little lighter-colored early but once flower started she got in gear. Good stretch and nice long buds crusted in trichomes. Not the fattest buds, though. I harvested her next and got 193g (6.8) oz off her. I left the lower larfy buds on to finish a few more weeks, though, and harvested them with the BP. They finished very well indeed, harvesting another 63g (2.2oz) or nice looking buds. So in total I got 256g (9oz) off of her. The smoke is really nice, with cherry and tropical fruit notes. It hits with a nice wave of euphoria, followed by relaxation. It's quickly becoming a favorite.

Mango Mousse (back-left) - MM was the smallest in the tent, hanging out in the back corner in the ghost of Speck. Small is just in comparison, though, as she was very healthy and grew some nice dense sticky buds. She ended up giving me 284g (10oz) of really nice buds. Fruity tasting and super relaxing, these are more for night-time. She'll be fantastic in some gummies.

Banana Pudding (front-right) - I believe this was the ugliest plant I ever grew. For most of the grow you couldn't even see the buds hiding behind the fan leaves. She had super-long petioles so even some mid-leaves leaves were taller than the buds. She went the longest in the tent and by the end was mostly foxtails and nanners. She was a LARGE plant, though, and we ended up with 461g, or just over a pound (16oz). She only got bagged last weekend so we haven't started smoking her yet.

All together just over 39oz for this grow. I harvested more from my last grow in the 4x4. So, why did I take a step back with this grow? Well, this was always a fill-in due to the Colombian Gold seed issue. I figured I would throw some plants in there while the CG grew. I didn't really devote much time to this grow. What would I do differently:

- I need to spend more time in veg. For this grow, I kept everything below the net and didn't defoliate nearly enough. I ended up with too much larf and not nearly enough buds.
- I need to change out the RDWC more. I'm starting to think that the res is becoming unbalanced in flower, possibly giving them too much N in late flower. This can be causing the foxtails, nanners, and excessive leaf growth I saw on this grow. In the future, I'll change out the res more frequently in flower.
- I used the excuse that I was growing four different strains to let them do whatever they wanted. I kept the light on the top of the tent @ 100% and let them deal with it. I need to do a better job of controlling the canopy so I can get the correct DLI in flower.

I was initially somewhat disappointed in this grow. I feel like I ended up with a lot more larf that I would like. If I had spend more time and effort they would have done better. On the other hand, I now have over 2 pounds of four different strains to enjoy. I also learned some lessons that I hope to apply to the next grow. I guess in the end it was exactly what it needed to be ;)

Thanks for following along in this grow and please come join me in the Vivosun Bud Factory for my next grow... Colombian Gold!

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

On the other hand, I now have over 2 pounds of four different strains to enjoy.
And enjoy it I'm sure you will, BudMan. Great job! :Rasta:

I can't remember, did we set up some kind of swap for this grow? :laugh:

Thanks GDB

I'll tell you what, if you ever find yourself down this way we'll need to meet up. At this point I need to give away weed just to empty out some Grove bags ;)
I'm in the same boat. We'd get no bags emptied! :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom