Date: 2/23/23
- Sandy - Day# 13
- Speck - Day# 12
- Suzy - Day# 7
Strain - Herbies Seeds - Skunk Special Fem x 4
Drying Space - 28SqFT closet with central A/C
Other Equipment: Air purifier circulating air, humidifier with distilled water set to 60%
Closet Temperatures

The temperatures have been pretty good for drying. Of course, today it's going to be 80f outside! I can turn on the A/C, but that dries out the closet. Then the humidifier kicks in to keep it at 60%. I won't have to play this game much longer, though.

I checked Sandy & Speck yesterday, and they were close. I'm thinking that tonight I'll start pulling them out of the closet and bucking the buds into a Grove bag. The it will just be Suzy, who has another week or so to go.

Date: 2/24/23
Strain: Skunk Special fem photo seeds x 4

Sandy and Speck were bucked and bagged last night, after 12/13 days of drying in the closet. Speck was 67g, a little over 2oz. Sandy was about 10.5oz and a lot less larf than Cindy. She definitely showed more Sativa traits and had a couple of huge buds winding up the stem. Last night she was at 57% in the Grove bag. This morning she's up to 58.5% and rising slowly. This tells me that I can take out the Govee and seal up the Grove bag and let her continue to cure. No way she gets above 64% or has any chance of mold/mildew.

Since I never posted it, here is the complete tracker for this grow. I stopped adding to the res for the last two weeks, and stopped checking it for the last week or so. It was about 15g low by the time I emptied it.

A couple of weeks ago, I took a little piece of bud that broke off and put it into a cup of blue-colored water. I've been curious about using artificial colors and flavors on specific branches/buds after they are finished but before they are dried/cured. I've been keeping it alive as possible, although it's just about done. You can see the blue shows up mostly on the underside of the leaves, including the sugar leaves. This makes sense with the plant respiring through the undersides of the leaves. I'll break the bud apart soon and take some pictures.

Before I harvested Sandy, I took four small cuttings from the lowest part of her I could find. I'm glad I took four, because three look pretty dead with little chance of making it. The fourth, though, showed a little root poking out of the plug yesterday. I'll put her in a 4" pot this weekend and into a tent to reveg.

Suzy is all alone now on day# 8 in the drying closet, but she does a great job of making it look full :)

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

I’m a keen monstercropper. In my experience it can take up to a month to show signs of true growth. The older the bud the longer to Reveg. Just my experience mind. The ZKittles I call Pee is a monstercropped clone. I call Day 1 of Reveg the first day I see active growth. I think it took her 4 weeks.

It’s defs a long game not a short one.

I’m a keen monstercropper. In my experience it can take up to a month to show signs of true growth. The older the bud the longer to Reveg. Just my experience mind. The ZKittles I call Pee is a monstercropped clone. I call Day 1 of Reveg the first day I see active growth. I think it took her 4 weeks.
Thanks Trala. I'm just happy I got one to root. She's in soil and I'll be watching her for signs of new growth.
It’s defs a long game not a short one.
Right now I have plenty of tent space, so I have all the time in the world!

That's a marvelous collection of flowers in that tray pics and one nice spiral staircase of a bud!
Thanks Shed.
Nice job getting a root on that monstercrop. :nomo:
One out of four. To be honest, though, I think I let the other three dry out a little.
Is that blue flower still gaining blue this many weeks off the plant?
Probably not. I've just been letting it sit there because I keep forgetting about it.

Date: 2/24/23
Strain: Skunk Special fem photo seeds x 4

Sandy and Speck were bucked and bagged last night, after 12/13 days of drying in the closet. Speck was 67g, a little over 2oz. Sandy was about 10.5oz and a lot less larf than Cindy. She definitely showed more Sativa traits and had a couple of huge buds winding up the stem. Last night she was at 57% in the Grove bag. This morning she's up to 58.5% and rising slowly. This tells me that I can take out the Govee and seal up the Grove bag and let her continue to cure. No way she gets above 64% or has any chance of mold/mildew.

Since I never posted it, here is the complete tracker for this grow. I stopped adding to the res for the last two weeks, and stopped checking it for the last week or so. It was about 15g low by the time I emptied it.

A couple of weeks ago, I took a little piece of bud that broke off and put it into a cup of blue-colored water. I've been curious about using artificial colors and flavors on specific branches/buds after they are finished but before they are dried/cured. I've been keeping it alive as possible, although it's just about done. You can see the blue shows up mostly on the underside of the leaves, including the sugar leaves. This makes sense with the plant respiring through the undersides of the leaves. I'll break the bud apart soon and take some pictures.

Before I harvested Sandy, I took four small cuttings from the lowest part of her I could find. I'm glad I took four, because three look pretty dead with little chance of making it. The fourth, though, showed a little root poking out of the plug yesterday. I'll put her in a 4" pot this weekend and into a tent to reveg.

Suzy is all alone now on day# 8 in the drying closet, but she does a great job of making it look full :)

Great harvest but blue buds? Cool 😎 CL🍀

Date: 3/2/23 - Day# 12 of Drying
Strain - Herbies Seeds - Fruit Punch Auto Fem (Heavyweight Seeds)
Drying Space - 28SqFT closet with central A/C
Other Equipment: Air purifier circulating air, humidifier with distilled water (not needed yet)
Drying Closet Temperatures
Screenshot_20230302_172851_Govee Home.jpg

Well, I didn't always keep the temps and RH right at 60/60. For having bud in there for about a month, though, I'm happy to average 60/60.

Last night we bucked and bagged Suzy, the last Skunk Special left in the drying closet. She had very little larf and some huge buds. Not only was she Feburary 2023 POTM, but she was also my first 1 pound plant! She ended up at 457g, or 16.12oz. Of course it helps that she was next to Speck and had room to spread out.

I'm going to play around with some testing equipment this weekend, so I'll post a final wrap-up soon. Here's some of Suzy's best tops.

Good job!

My second favourite kinda pound!

L o l l i n g!
Thanks T. So, what's your favorite pound? 😇 When I google 'my favorite pound', it autofills with cake! @Trala is your favorite 'pound' cake? Ooh, what's your favorite pound cake recipe?:rofl:

Thanks T. So, what's your favorite pound? 😇 When I google 'my favorite pound', it autofills with cake! @Trala is your favorite 'pound' cake? Ooh, what's your favorite pound cake recipe?:rofl:
Well since you asked…

My favourite variation of the pound is defs [*Deleted by Admin due to lewd and inappropriate language*]

You take:-

A handful of [*Deleted by Admin due to lewd and inappropriate language*]
A cupful of [*Deleted by Admin due to lewd and inappropriate language*]
A sprinkle of [*Deleted by Admin due to lewd and inappropriate language*]
A squirt of [*Deleted by Admin due to lewd and inappropriate language*]

Then kind get into it till it all comes together.

Serious question. Why are you trying to get me banned?

L O L L I N G !

Sorry I missed the end of your grow, LKA. But, huge congrats on growing a 1-pounder! The Skunks all looked amazing. Sorry about the nanners. Any idea why you got them?

Sorry I missed the end of your grow, LKA. But, huge congrats on growing a 1-pounder! The Skunks all looked amazing. Sorry about the nanners. Any idea why you got them?
Thanks HG. I'm guessing the nanners were genetic. I found them on the two similar phenos (Cindy & Suzy), but none on the other pheno (Sandy). It sucks to have to clean the seeds out of the bud, but it's also quickly becoming one of our favorite smokes. Just don't expect to do anything for the next hour or so ;)

How did it get to be the middle of April already, and what happened to the last two months? I kept telling myself that I was going to test some of the bud, but the only testing I've done so far is smoking/vaping. I really do blame the skunk! The bud is surprisingly smooth and has an old-school stoney feel, one you don't want to smoke if you're planning on doing anything besides lay around. It's great for before bedtime;)

So, it's way past time to wrap this up. I ended up getting 1126 grams off of hangers, and another 88 grams from the larf rack. A total of 1214 grams, or nearly 43 ounces. This was my largest harvest from the 4x4 and it looks like my last. I'm moving up to a 5x5 for 60% more space.
Final Harvest Totals.png

Most of the bud is seeded to some degree. Sometimes I'll get a seed or two, and then I'll grab a bud that's all seeds. It's a bother and a pain to sift out the seeds, but the bud still smokes really well and is plenty potent. I'm pretty sure it'll all get used ;) It's in four 1lb Grove bags right now at about 59% RH. Most of it will stay there for a while, except the 1/2lb Grove bag that we are using downstairs.

I've already broken down the 4x4 tent and put up a new Vivosun Advanced Grey 5x5 for the next grow. Join me HERE for the dessert grow!

Thanks for joining along on my skunk grow!

How did it get to be the middle of April already, and what happened to the last two months? I kept telling myself that I was going to test some of the bud, but the only testing I've done so far is smoking/vaping. I really do blame the skunk! The bud is surprisingly smooth and has an old-school stoney feel, one you don't want to smoke if you're planning on doing anything besides lay around. It's great for before bedtime;)

So, it's way past time to wrap this up. I ended up getting 1126 grams off of hangers, and another 88 grams from the larf rack. A total of 1214 grams, or nearly 43 ounces. This was my largest harvest from the 4x4 and it looks like my last. I'm moving up to a 5x5 for 60% more space.
Final Harvest Totals.png

Most of the bud is seeded to some degree. Sometimes I'll get a seed or two, and then I'll grab a bud that's all seeds. It's a bother and a pain to sift out the seeds, but the bud still smokes really well and is plenty potent. I'm pretty sure it'll all get used ;) It's in four 1lb Grove bags right now at about 59% RH. Most of it will stay there for a while, except the 1/2lb Grove bag that we are using downstairs.

I've already broken down the 4x4 tent and put up a new Vivosun Advanced Grey 5x5 for the next grow. Join me HERE for the dessert grow!

Congrats on your harvest/yield. Sorry about the seeds.

Are you planning on sending your cannabis to a lab for testing?

Congrats on your harvest/yield. Sorry about the seeds.

Are you planning on sending your cannabis to a lab for testing?
Thanks HG. No, I don't really have any reason to test the Skunk. I have both a tCheck and the new Plantchek kits to play around with, but I've been busy with too other things (Spring!). Maybe some rainy day I'll get bored and test a bunch of buds.

Final Harvest Totals.png

Amazing results budman hats off to you 🤙

Outstanding growing BudMan! Looking forward to seeing what you do with more space! :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom