The Vivosun Bud Factory
Colombian Gold Clones in RDWC

Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSFD6500
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies USA Express

Welcome back to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSFD6500 (650w bar LED) and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Vivosun Smart Grow System recipe: Colombian Gold RDWC Flower *FLOWER* mode
  • Light - Vivosun VSFD6500
    • 18:00-08:00 - OFF
    • 08:00-18:00 - 75% Flowering mode (32 DLI)
  • Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6 x2
    • 18:00-08:00 - Speed 8
    • 08:00-18:00 - Speed 10
  • Exhaust - Vivosun 6" AeroZesh
    • 00:00-07:00 - 46% RH, speed 8
    • 07:00-08:00 - 50% RH, speed 8
    • 08:00-17:00 - 56%RH speed 8
    • 17:00-18:00 - 54%RH speed 8
    • 18:00-00:00 - 48%RH speed 8
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun 13" oscillating floor fan oscillating horizontally and vertically, on natural wind mode
- Active Aqua 1/4hp chiller set to 66f with 3f swing

*** Harvest Update ***
Date: 1/5/23 Day# 132 - Flip day# 110 - Flower day# 100
Strain: Herbies Seeds Colombian Gold (World of Seeds) fem photo clones
Names: Maria(Front-left), Luisa(Front-right), Camila(back-left), Sofia(back-right)
Nutrients: MC, Hydroguard, z7
Medium: 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Pests: Spider Mites

Two nights ago I filled a 5g bucket from the right side of the tent. Since I didn't have any more hangers or room, I cleaned everything, bucked the buds back into the bucket, and put the buds in the drying closet in the mesh rack.

Yesterday I cleaned up 5 hangers out of the closet, so I took another bucket of buds out of the tent. Some of those got hung on a hanger but most got bucked and put in the mesh rack. The mesh rack is FULL now, I'll be moving the buds around over the next couple of days to make sure they all get good airflow.

I've been surprised at how well-formed the lower buds are. Almost everything is dense and coated with trics. So far there has been very little evidence of bugs or any mite damage. Most of them are in the back-left, which I'll do tonight. My plan is to clean everything on the stem, then wash/rinse and hang to dry. I'm looking forward to finishing this up and getting the tent cleaned out this weekend.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

*** Harvest Update ***
Date: 1/8/23
Strain: Herbies Seeds Colombian Gold (World of Seeds) fem photo clones
Drying Space - 28SqFT closet with central A/C
Other Equipment: Air purifier circulating air, humidifier with distilled water

The harvest is finally complete! It ended up taking us a little over two weeks to harvest everything. It feels like I've been harvesting forever, every night a couple more hangers or another 5G bucket of buds. That last 'little' bit left ended up being a lot of nice weed. The last batch I took out of the tent, from the back-left, was the most spider mite infested. Still, I didn't see any webs on the buds, only leaf damage. It all ended up getting washed and hung overnight before it went into the drying closet. Boy, was it a relief to see that net finally empty.

In the end she ended up on 17 hangers, plus the mesh rack is absolutely stuffed! The drying closet is staying right around 60%RH, and very near 60f. I have a dehumidifier in there right now set to 70% taking out any excess moisture. I've been adding fresh buds in there for the last several weeks, so I haven't had to worry about adding moisture.
1000018174.jpg

The first buds we harvested have been in there 15 days now. They could be bucked and bagged at any time, but I'm not worried about them staying in there a little longer. As long as the RH in the closet stays around 60% they are not going to overdry. With no more fresh bud going in the closet, though, I'll be switching to the humidifier soon to keep the RH at 60%. I'm sure I'll be bucking buds into the Grove bag before that happens though ;) You can see the difference in the reddish dried buds up close and the greener fresh buds in the back.

Meanwhile, time to clean up the Vivosun Bud Factory. Saturday was cleaning day. I drained the RDWC and removed the stumps/& roots. I noticed something interesting with the roots. When I put the clones in the netpots I filled the bottom with pebbles, then put the clones in while coiling the roots and filled the netpots up with pebbles. The roots went straight to the sides for water/nutrients, the entire bottom half of the pots were nothing but pebbles. It was like they were suspended in the netpots.

Then I brushed out the RDWC using a toilet brush (that I bought for the RDWC and it stays down there), then sprayed and wiped the whole thing down with H2O2. I took everything out of the tent, including the floor tray, and swept it all out. I sprayed the entire tent down with H2O2, floors walls and ceiling. Then I put everything back in the tent and closed it up. It has been sitting there sealed up @ around 68F/45%RH in the dark ever since. I have the fans and exhaust on low to keep it from getting too stale.

I have the clay balls soaking in and H2O2 solution now. Today, I'll stir/rinse them off and let them dry for the next use. I need to take apart the 1/2" feed lines for the RDWC too. I ran a brush through one and it was pretty dirty, so it's time to take them all apart and brush them out. I'll spray the tent down one more time with H2O2 in the next day or two. By next weekend, this tent will have four new plants and hopefully no spider mites to go with them.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

Let’s hold hands and sing!

Thanks Trala. Now I'm ready to start celebrating!
Finally! If your keeping each harvest separate I'm wondering if you'll notice a difference across the weeks. Congrats on taking down the last of it and getting the place ready for the next batch!
I'm not sure how I'll be storing the bud. I have a 5lb Grove bag, so most of it will probably end up in there. I'm thinking of keeping the later 'larf' harvest separately.
I was pleasantly surprised at how little spider mite issues there were at harvest.
Always something going on with that back left. ;)
Right?!? She did end up being HUGE this time, no ghost of Speck. Next time... just another plant? ;)

As I previously mentioned...finally! :bravo:

That's a walk-in closet I would love to see someone happen upon in House Hunters. :laugh:
Thanks Shed. It's the fullest that closet has been so far.
And the tent looks brand new after that top-to-bottom cleaning. Well done, and thanks for the disclaimer:
Thanks. And... it's an important disclaimer.

Great harvest. :) That's a lot of time cutting up buds. :hmmmm::oops:

Can't wait to see, what is it?:hmmmm: Kush Mints? Next.:cheesygrinsmiley:

You mentioned using a 5lb Grove bag. :) Do you ever reuse one? :hmmmm: I'm wondering if the old strain will affect the cured bud of the new strain. :hmmmm::bong:

Great harvest. :) That's a lot of time cutting up buds. :hmmmm::oops:
Thanks GW. Yes it was... is... I still need to buck all the hung buds.
Can't wait to see, what is it?:hmmmm: Kush Mints? Next.:cheesygrinsmiley:
The Kush Mints clones are all rooted and growing in the cloner. I'm hoping to get them in the RDWC this weekend.
You mentioned using a 5lb Grove bag. :) Do you ever reuse one? :hmmmm: I'm wondering if the old strain will affect the cured bud of the new strain. :hmmmm::bong:
This is my first 5lb bag. I re-use 1lb & smaller bags all the time with no issues.

Thanks GW. Yes it was... is... I still need to buck all the hung buds.

The Kush Mints clones are all rooted and growing in the cloner. I'm hoping to get them in the RDWC this weekend.

This is my first 5lb bag. I re-use 1lb & smaller bags all the time with no issues.
Thanks for the info about re-using the bags. :) I wash my jars thoroughly after use before putting new weed in them and didn't know how the bags would do with re-use.:) Don't want to wash them.:rolleyes:

I went to the Grove bag website and built an order. :) I was tickled to find two ounce bags for sale there.:love::cheer: They should be a wonderful size for me.:) Anyway, the shipping was outrageous, so I cancelled and ordered less from Amazon.:( I can't find the 2oz bags anywhere else.:hmmmm::( Check them out if you haven't noticed them.:)

That's a hella good harvest man!! You smashed it!!! Buds for days!!! 😎✌️
Thanks Scottay. So far it's been buds for weeks, going on buds for months...

Thanks for the info about re-using the bags. :) I wash my jars thoroughly after use before putting new weed in them and didn't know how the bags would do with re-use.:) Don't want to wash them.:rolleyes:

I went to the Grove bag website and built an order. :) I was tickled to find two ounce bags for sale there.:love::cheer: They should be a wonderful size for me.:) Anyway, the shipping was outrageous, so I cancelled and ordered less from Amazon.:( I can't find the 2oz bags anywhere else.:hmmmm::( Check them out if you haven't noticed them.:)
Yea, when I order from Grove I order in bulk. I've tried all sizes. The 1G bags are great for the initial curing. I bought 50 1oz bags and use those for our personal stash. The QP bags get a lot of use, too.

I bucked the first four hangers out of the closet. These would have been harvested on 12/21 & 12/22, so they were in there for 20-21 days. After 24 hours in a 1lb Grove bag they're reading 61% RH. Perfect for a nice, long cure. I'll be keeping this as CG bag# 1, all top buds. The next 1lb bag will be all top buds as well. After that, I'll get into the mids and larf.

Bucked and bagged the first four hangers came in at 412g, a little over 14.5oz. Now just 13 more hangers to go, along with a full mesh rack :)

Hi , just curious if it tastes like the Colombian gold I use to get back in the mid 70's. dang that shit was so good. amazing grow
I shared an early tester with my wife. We both came up with the exact same descriptor, which is rare: lemon pledge. Lemony and woody at the same time, with a bit of spice. So, what did the CG in the 70's taste like?

I shared an early tester with my wife. We both came up with the exact same descriptor, which is rare: lemon pledge. Lemony and woody at the same time, with a bit of spice. So, what did the CG in the 70's taste like?
I wish I could recall the taste. I know it was very similar to th
It was very similar to the Acapulco gold that was around about an year earlier. ya I'm not any good at describing how things taste, other than like "wow this taste good"

It was very similar to the Acapulco gold that was around about an year earlier. ya I'm not any good at describing how things taste, other than like "wow this taste good"
Unfortunately, that doesn't help much since I was 5 years old at the time :)
I really have to stop smoking that 4:20 am joint.
Now what fun is that? ;)

Back
Top Bottom