The Vivosun Bud Factory - 4 Kush Mints Clones In RDWC 5x5 VSFD6500

Welcome to the @VIVOSUN Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 upgraded grey tent equipped with the Vivosun Smart Grow System and the Vivosun VSFD6500! I'll be growing four Kush Mints clones in RDWC.

I'll be growing in my Vivosun upgraded grey 5x5 tent with a 45g PA Hydroponics 4 plant Fallponic RDWC system. It has 4x13g grow sites and a 13g reservoir outside the tent, a 400 gpm inline pump to deliver 100g/hour of nutrient solution to each bucket, and a Vivosun 332 GPH Air Pump with a 2x4 Vivosun air stone in each bucket. Each site has a 8" netpot that will be filled with clay pebbles. With an Active Aqua water chiller set to 68f, I've skipped the mylar wrappings for the buckets.
20240113_111949.jpg

For nutrients, I'll be starting with MC+Silica in veg, working it up to around 1000 ppm (2 ec). I'll switch to @Presciption Blend in flower, as I still have some to use up. I'll use Hydroguard and z7 throughout, along with some other bennies.

What am I growing? Ape Origin Kush Mints from @CannaPot
- 50% hybrid
- THC: 23-28%
- Brand: Ape Origin (vie Cannapot)
- Lineage: Bubba Kush x Animal Mints
- Effect: Happy / Relaxed / Hungry / Aroused
- Taste/Smell: Mint / Earth / Coffee / Cookies
Ape Origin Kush Mints.png

Where am I growing? I'll be growing these from start to finish in 'The Vivosun Bud Factory', a Vivosun Advanced grey 5x5 tent in my basement equipped with the Vivosun Smart Grow System.

- Vivosun 60x60x80 Advanced grey tent
- Vivosun Smart Grow System, including
- GrowHub 42A
- Aerozesh 6" exhaust fan (with filter for late flower only)
- AeroWave E6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan
- Vivosun VSF6500 650W LED
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan
- Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote
- 4" booster fan for air intake (Filtered)
- 4 Site 13g RDWC system + 13g reservoir
- Vivosun 332 GPH Air Pump (14W 21L/min)
- Vivosun 2x4 Air Stones (x4)
- Small humidifier when needed
- Active Aqua 1/4hp chiller set to 68f with 3f swing
Basement:
- Temps: 66-72f Central A/C and heat, radiant heater if needed
- Humidity: Kept at around 40% RH with Dehumidifier,

What am I growing in?
- RDWC: 13g RDWC buckets, 8" Netpots with clay balls
- Water: Carbon-filtered well water @ 100ppm/8.1pH
- Nutrients: Veg with Megacrop 1-part, Flower with Prescription Blend
- Bennies: Hydroguard, Z7, Pirhana, Voodoo Juice

Any other equipment?
- Vivosun Heat mat + controller, EZ-Gro plugs, and starter domes for starting seeds
- PA Hydroponic Falloponics 4 site fallponic RWDC system + res (13g buckets) w/ 400 GPH pump
- Milwaukee bluelab combo pH & TDS meter
- LUX meter + Photone app
- Wyze V3 Camera
- Govee thermometer/hygrometers
- Govee water sensors

The mother for this grow is in flower in the @VIVOSUN vGrow Smart Grow Box. You can check out that journal here.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

I'll be using the @VIVOSUN VSFD6500 - Right now on sale for < $500! Use code LKABUDMAN for an additional 15% off :)
Vivosun VSFD6500_pic1.png

Vivosun VSFD6500_pic7.png

Detachable Dimmable Plant Grow Light with 6 Dimming Option - Full Spectrum and UR/IR Light for Indoor Plants
Vivosun VSFD6500_pic2.png

High Efficiency and Uniformity: This grow light has a 40% higher PPFD than comparable HID lights and a higher conversion efficiency (2.8μmol/J); Uniform and dense PAR map means deeper light penetration for healthier plants all while consuming only 650W, for max efficiency
Vivosun VSFD6500_pic3.png

Dimmable and Convenient: Equipped with a dimming knob or dimmable functions via controller; The retrofit features 6 levels of light intensity from 0-100% to cover the full stage of plant germination, growth and flowering, including 0% to 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% and EXT
Vivosun VSFD6500_pic5.png

Removable Light Bar, Built-in Driver: A removable light bar helps keep your storage room tidy while also allowing making installation easy; a built-in driver hidden inside the light bar makes the lamp slim and easy to install
Vivosun VSFD6500_pic4.png

Full Spectrum with UV/IR: Full spectrum coverage from 380-780nm, including 450nm, 660nm, 730nm and rich photosynthetic UVA; great for all stages of plant growth; warm white light promotes flowering; blue light promotes germination, and red for greater potency
Vivosun VSFD6500_pic2a.png

Daisy Chain Capability & Intelligent Control: Daisy chain capability with up to 30 lights; can be used in grow tents and is compatible with the VIVOSUN GrowHub controller, which opens up advanced features and remote control via the VIVOSUN App
Vivosun VSFD6500_pic6.png

It's all part of the Smart Grow System (SGS)
Vivosun VSFD6500_pic8.png

I couldn't find a lot about @CannaPot Kush Mints (from ApeOrigin):
Ape Origin Kush Mints.png
Kush Mints is the superb blend of the old school classic Bubba Kush with the hugely uplifting and high-flying Animal Mints. This hybrid is truly a monster, due to its extreme potency and very complex minty, very sour biscuit flavor profile, it has been named the 'Leafly' strain of the year in 2022! These feminized cannabis seeds can be used indoors and outdoors very easily and with great success, even the most inexperienced gardener always gets great plants of the best quality. Kush Mints offers limonene, linalool and other terpenes - the smell is really bomb and extremely strong.

If you are a lover of sour cookies, you should definitely have Kush Mints on your plan, this strain offers everything a grower's heart desires. Kush Mints will make the hearts of many gardeners beat faster, it is a mostly indica that even sativa lovers should try, we at Cannapot are very grateful that ApeOrigin is now able to buy this brilliant cannabis strain in feminized seed form!

ApeOrigin is the union of ApeGenetics and Originseeds - a new breedercollective located all over the world with the target to reproduce medicinal, old, legendary and rare strains and landraces as well. Every breeder has his own individual target - creating strains for outdoor- or indoorgrowers. The collective tries to offer more and more rare strains in future - especially landraces which are not available anywhere else.

#vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow

That light is sweet and having a discount code named after you is even sweeter! And I feel like I've searched for info on my Ape Origin varieties and also found the pickings slim. :hmmmm:
Thanks Shed. I've heard good things about Kush Mints, and had some once a couple of years ago. I'm just hoping this cultivar is a good one.

I took these clones from the @CannaPot Kush Mints mother I'm growing the the Vivosun vGrow Smart Grow Box prototype. These clones were taken back on Dec 22 2023 when the mother was 37 days from seed. She didn't have much to remove so I only ended up with six clones. Two were the bottom nodes, and the other four were the first sub-nodes of the next lowest node. They all went into the DWC cloner right away.

The DWC cloner was filled with about 3G of Clonex solution (30ml Clonex + 10ml Hydroguard + .5ml pHDown - 320ppm/6.2pH). I covered the top with foil to keep light out with a partially-filled tray. Then I put the dome on and covered that with a cloth to keep out any direct light. I've found too much direct light will keep them growing instead of rooting. Here they are on their first day, getting a little indirect light.

Every couple of days I would take the dome off the cloner and let them dry out a little. Here they are on day# 5 looking pretty wet.

And here is the first root showing on day# 8 (Dec 30). You can see how short these cuttings are.

#vivosun #lovewhatyougrow

I'll be using the @VIVOSUN VSFD6500 - Right now on sale for < $500! Use code LKABUDMAN for an additional 15% off :)
Vivosun VSFD6500_pic1.png

Vivosun VSFD6500_pic7.png

Detachable Dimmable Plant Grow Light with 6 Dimming Option - Full Spectrum and UR/IR Light for Indoor Plants
Vivosun VSFD6500_pic2.png

High Efficiency and Uniformity: This grow light has a 40% higher PPFD than comparable HID lights and a higher conversion efficiency (2.8μmol/J); Uniform and dense PAR map means deeper light penetration for healthier plants all while consuming only 650W, for max efficiency
Vivosun VSFD6500_pic3.png

Dimmable and Convenient: Equipped with a dimming knob or dimmable functions via controller; The retrofit features 6 levels of light intensity from 0-100% to cover the full stage of plant germination, growth and flowering, including 0% to 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% and EXT
Vivosun VSFD6500_pic5.png

Removable Light Bar, Built-in Driver: A removable light bar helps keep your storage room tidy while also allowing making installation easy; a built-in driver hidden inside the light bar makes the lamp slim and easy to install
Vivosun VSFD6500_pic4.png

Full Spectrum with UV/IR: Full spectrum coverage from 380-780nm, including 450nm, 660nm, 730nm and rich photosynthetic UVA; great for all stages of plant growth; warm white light promotes flowering; blue light promotes germination, and red for greater potency
Vivosun VSFD6500_pic2a.png

Daisy Chain Capability & Intelligent Control: Daisy chain capability with up to 30 lights; can be used in grow tents and is compatible with the VIVOSUN GrowHub controller, which opens up advanced features and remote control via the VIVOSUN App
Vivosun VSFD6500_pic6.png

It's all part of the Smart Grow System (SGS)
Vivosun VSFD6500_pic8.png

Nice light. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

The Vivosun Bud Factory is equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS). At the heart of the SGS is the GrowHub. It has both internal and external temperature and humidity sensors and inputs for all of the SGS equipment. It can be used by itself or sync (via wifi) to the Vivosun app and you can monitor/control multiple GrowHubs right from your smartphone. The Advanced grey Vivosun tents have a mount for the GrowHub on the front, along with a pocket for the cables to go into the tent.

The GrowHub can control almost any light with a RJ11 or RJ45 plug, and the Vivosun VSF6500 is no exception. I can't change the spectrum (seedling/veg/flower - only on AeroLight) but I can change the intensity and mimic sunrise/sunsets using the GrowHub. And of course I can set the schedule, elimitating the need for a separate timer.

For ventilation I have a 6" AeroZesh exhaust fan. It's mounted outside the tent and pulls from the back-left corner of the tent. Using setpoints for temperature and humidity I can control the VPD in the tent for each stage of growth. I'll start at .8-1.0 VPD in seedling (with the help of a humidifier). Once the roots hit the water I'll move to 1.0-1.2 VPD to encourage them to drink more from the roots. In the 5th week of flower I'll starting going up .1 VPD every week to encourage denser buds and discourage mold/PM. I have a Vivosun carbon filter, but I'll only use that in late flower if needed.

For circulation I have two AeroWave E6 plugged into the GrowHub (with a splitter). I'll schedule different settings for this throughout the grow. I'll start on low for the seedlings, then go to natural wind mode for veg and early flower. Later in flower I'll go to 100%.

Using the Recipe function in the Vivosun app, I'll pre-set parameters for all of these components for each stage of growth. When I put the seedlings in the system, I'll start the 'Seedling' stage. I'll schedule the 'Vegetative' stage to start automatically two weeks later, changing all the settings for that stage of growth. I'll probably set the 'Flower' mode to start four weeks after that just in case I forget.

I also have a 13" Air Circulator with remote in the tent, not connected to the GrowHub. This will make sure the top and bottom of the tent are the same and keep the air moving in the tent.

Thanks again to @VIVOSUN for sponsoring this grow and letting me show off all of this fantastic equipment. The Vivosun Bud Factory gives me all the tools to set up the perfect growing environment for these ladies. Now it's time to get these clones in the RDWC!

The cuttings were put in the cloner on Dec 22. The first root appeared on day# 8 (Dec 30). Three days later (Jan 2), five out of six had roots showing. At this point I took the dome off the cloner for good. With most of them rooted they were ready for direct light, about 12-15 DLI.
20240102_092503.jpg

Usually, I'd transfer them all over to the RDWC as soon as they're rooted. These clones were so short, though, I decided to leave them in the cloner for a while to let them grow. I ended up leaving them in there for 12 more days, 23 days in total.

By that time they had grown considerably and all had rooted extensively. I took the four best and put them in the RDWC. They were still pretty short, so I left the clone collars on for now for stability. I coated the roots with @DYNOMYCO. Then I put one layer of pebbles in the bottom of the netpot and let the roots dangle to the bottom. I filled in the netpot with pebbles, mounding at the middle. In the end I uppotted the two lower nodes and two of the next subnodes.

I put the Vivosun humidifier in the tent set to 65% RH. The Vivosun VSF6500 is set to 40% at the top of the tent giving everyone about 20 DLI. Now it's time for these girls to get their roots down into the water and get a little length on them.

#vivosun #lovewhatyougrow

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Kush Mints Clones in RDWC

Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSFD6500
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSFD6500 and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Vivosun Smart Grow System settings: ** Vegetative Mode **
  • Light - Vivosun VSFD6500
    • 22:00-04:00 - OFF
    • 04:00-22:00 - 50% Vegetative mode (25 DLI)
  • Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6
    • 00:00-24:00 - Speed 5
  • Exhaust - Vivosun 6" AeroZesh
    • 22:00-04:00 - 64% RH, speed 5
    • 04:00-22:00 - 82F & 70% RH, speed 7
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 oscillating
- Vivosun 13" oscillating floor fan oscillating horizontally and vertically, on natural wind mode

Date: 1/25/24 Day# 12
Strain: Cannapot Kush Mints (ApeOrigin) fem photo clones
Nutrients: MC 1-part (3.3g/G), Hydroguard, Z7
Medium: 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)

The clones went into the RDWC 12 days ago. Other than small pH adjustments the res hasn't needed anything. I checked today and it's 1.5G down, so they're starting to eat. It's trending down in PPM so I'm thinking they're hungry, too.
Kush Mints RDWC Tracker.png
They all have nice roots down into the res, so they're on their way!

So what else have I done with them in the last 12 days? Nothing at all. I only cracked the tent a couple of times to fill the humidifier. The clones may be all from the same mother and genetically identical, but that doesn't make them the same. They were different sizes going into the RDWC and a couple had some leaf issues as well. Some of the lower leaves were touching the clay and burned a little. Here they were today.

After harvesting 3.5 lbs from the last grow over several weeks I'm ready to go smaller this time. For now, I topped all four of them and stripped everything except for the upper three nodes. I removed more 'top' from the two on the left since they were taller. Here are before and after shots of all four.

They still have clone collars for stability. I tried to remove them but there isn't much stem in the pebbles to hold them in place. Once the roots get better established they'll firm up. Until then, I'll install the scrog net in the next couple of days and tie them to the net to keep them stable.

I took the humidifier out of the tent today, they're making enough on their own. I switched the recipe to 'VEG' mode today too, bumping the VSF6500 up to 50% and lowering the RH targets. I want to encourage them to drink using those roots in the water. These girls are about ready to take off!

They perked up nicely after the move and all four look great, but I'm laying my money on the fact that the one at the back left is going to be different in some way from the other three!

Anyone? 💰
Thanks Shed, but I don't think anyone's taking that bet ;)

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Kush Mints Clones in RDWC

Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSFD6500
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSFD6500 and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Vivosun Smart Grow System settings: ** Vegetative Mode **
  • Light - Vivosun VSFD6500
    • 22:00-04:00 - OFF
    • 04:00-22:00 - 60% Vegetative mode (30DLI)
  • Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6
    • 00:00-24:00 - Speed 5
  • Exhaust - Vivosun 6" AeroZesh
    • 22:00-04:00 - 64% RH, speed 5
    • 04:00-22:00 - 82F & 70% RH, speed 7
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 oscillating
- Vivosun 13" oscillating floor fan oscillating horizontally and vertically, on natural wind mode

Date: 1/30/24 Day# 17
Strain: Cannapot Kush Mints (ApeOrigin) fem photo clones
Nutrients: MC 1-part, Hydroguard, Z7
Medium: 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)

The RDWC has been very stable, as it usually is early in the grow. I bumped the PPMs up a little after they were topped, and I'll bump them up a little more with the next addition (tomorrow?).
Kush Mints RDWC Tracker.png
I was a little worried about the clones in the back. The growth on them was a little wonky coming out of the cloner, with some wrinkled leaves. I'm very happy that all the new growth looks perfect. It's 'DWC growth', big fat puffy leaves that grow very quickly. I haven't done anything since topping them last week. I figure they needed another week or two just to get their roots firmly in the RDWC. I'll install the scrog net this weekend. After securing the plants so they can't be pulled over, I'll start spreading the six mains on each plant to the outside. I'm in no rush with these girls, I want to give them plenty of time to grow nice big roots :)

Back
Top Bottom