Really great defol work, Iā€™m sure glad that was you n not me. How long did it take you 2 ? btw nice looking dessert šŸ§garden . CLšŸ€. :thumb:
Thanks CL. I spent an hour down there earlier, then we both spend about 1.5 hours later in the evening. So 4 hours total, about an hour per plant. I could probably spend another hour per plant between the two nets, but I'm leaving that be. I'll end up with a bit more larf but I can live with that.

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSF6450
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSF6450 and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Vivosun Smart Grow System settings: ** Mid Flower Mode **
  • Light - Vivosun VSF6450
    • 20:00-08:00 OFF
    • 08:00-20:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset (40 DLI)
  • Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6
    • 00:00-24:00 Speed 10 oscillating
  • Exhaust - Vivosun 6" AeroZesh
    • 20:00-08:00 56% RH, Speed 6, Default off
    • 08:00-20:00 High 82F / 64% RH, Speed 8, Default speed 1
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun 13" Air Circulator oscillating horizontally on speed# 1
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 on low oscillating

Date: 7/7/23 Day# 79 (Flower Day# 32)
Strains: Banana Pudding (BP), Mango Mousse (MM), Apply Betty (AB), Forbidden Fruit (FF)
Nutrients: Stout MSA, Megacrop, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7
Medium: 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)

Screenshot_20230707_123236.jpg
Monday was the start of week# 5 of flower for these ladies. The @Prescription Blend schedule calls for the 'Big Data' to lower in week#5 (from 6ml/G to 5ml/G), and the only way to do that is a res change. So I drained, rinsed, and re-filled the res on Monday. With everything going on, I got it done in record time (about 40 minutes!). The next res change will be with plain water, when it's time to flush.
RDWC Dessert Tracker 20230707.png

Banana Pudding (front-right) - This lady is still all fan leaves, poking up everywhere. If you look under those leaves, though, she has some really chunky buds. They look like they are revegging, with all the single blade leaves in the bud. I've checked the camera, though, and it's dark in there at night. She is the only one that looks like that too, so it's just genetics.

Forbidden Fruit (front-left) - Easily the prettiest plant in the tent. She has long pretty buds that have stretched up to the second net. She's healthy and building strong, I wish I had a tent full of her.

Apple Betty (back-right) - She still doesn't have the strength to hold her buds up. The ones stuck on the second net are building decently, and she is spread all over the back. Her stems are so small and skinny.

Mango Mousse (back-left) - She's a pretty plant and her buds look good. She never really stretched much, though, and is pretty low in the back corner of the tent. She's still getting over 800 PPFD, though, so she should still build some nice buds.

They all look healthy and are building well. I don't even open the tent usually, just check/fill the res from the outside. Once a week I give them a good inspection and take some pictures. As long as I keep the tent shut, thought, the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System is keeping the VPD in there perfect. With the VSF6450 @ 100%, these ladies are stacking and building like crazy!

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

Holy moly @LKABudMan beautiful garden.

How much are they drinking on average per day? 4 to 5 1/2 gallons a day?

Is this what I have to look forward to with the desert pack?
I'm glad I am using 5-gallon bags, because I have a total of 5 in my 4x4.
Looks like a 4 week veg. for me.

Keep growing well my friend,
Tok..
Thanks Tok. They're only drinking about 3.5G/day total, and I have them at a 1.1 VPD. I'll be bumping the VPD up soon.

The Apple Betty behavior has me questioning running it on my scrog. :hmmmm: I will be paying particular attention to how it behaves the rest of the way. I know you've given them what they need and the other plants aren't behaving that way.:hmmmm::oops:

The Apple Betty behavior has me questioning running it on my scrog. :hmmmm: I will be paying particular attention to how it behaves the rest of the way. I know you've given them what they need and the other plants aren't behaving that way.:hmmmm::oops:
And then I've seen other Apple Betties on here that look like monsters. Hopefully she starts showing me something soon.

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSF6450 and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

• 08:00-20:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset (40 DLI)
Other Equipment:

Date: 7/13/23 Day# 84 (Flower Day# 38)
Strains: Banana Pudding (BP), Mango Mousse (MM), Apply Betty (AB), Forbidden Fruit (FF)

It's hot outside in Virginia, with highs near 90f. I grow in the basement, though, which has all of the A/C ducting for the house. So with the A/C running more, the temperatures in the basement have gone down, from an average of 72f to an average of 70f. The Bud Factory is running cooler as well, with daily highs around 76f.

The @VIVOSUN Bud Factory is on @Prescription Blend Week# 6, and I'm keeping it at 1000-1100 PPM (2.0-2.2 EC) and around 6.0 pH. There hasn't been much movement in the res, which is good. I keep expecting the pH to drop, but it hasn't happened yet. They do seem to be drinking slightly less since the res change, now about 2.5G/day. Possibly due to the lower temperatures?
RDWC Dessert Mix 20230713.png
I only open this tent anymore to inspect and take pictures once a week. That day was yesterday, and then I went down a nutrient calculations rabbit-hole and ran out of time for this post. Oh well, nothing wrong with day-old pictures ;)

Banana Pudding (front-right) - She is still not a very pretty plant. Her fans are long and ragged up top, probably from the fans and having to fight their way to the top. Underneath, she is building some of the fattest buds I've seen. She has a ton of bud on her lowers as well. I'm supplying my family with butter/oil bud, and this lady may supply a years worth.

Forbidden Fruit (front-left) - She has surprised me. She stayed pretty small and tight in veg but really shot up in flower. She had the prettiest buds in the tent, including the towers right in the center. They go down quite a ways, too. I'm excited to see how she finishes up.

Apple Betty (back-right) - This lady has been a bit of a disappointment. I think part of it is my fault, training her below the net too long without letting anything grow up. She still has no stem strength at all and is only supported by the net. She has small little tight buds all over. There is a lot of her, though.

Mango Mousse (back-left) - She's a little shorty in the back corner. She's still getting over 800PPFD on her tops, though. Not ideal, but good enough. Her buds are frosty and look really nice.

Overall, everyone looks pretty healthy. If anything they may be showing a bit of K excess, especially on the back two that are getting less light. I haven't looked at the PB blend, but I'm sure it's high in P & K in flower. I may switch to water for a couple of feedings, and reset the res at 800-900PPM for the last couple of weeks. There's no need to push anything at this point, I'm just trying to keep them as healthy as possible through the end.

Looking good considering how different they are! Next time put the shorties in the front though. ;)
If anything they may be showing a bit of K excess, especially on the back two that are getting less light. I haven't looked at the PB blend, but I'm sure it's high in P & K in flower.
I'm running my PB on week 4 veg all through flower. Can't see the need for Big Data with the numbers I get without it.

Looking good considering how different they are! Next time put the shorties in the front though. ;)
I'll try to remember that next time
I'm running my PB on week 4 veg all through flower. Can't see the need for Big Data with the numbers I get without it.
I'll definitely remember this next time. I agree, they probably don't need the Big Data. That said, the grows I've done following the PB schedule have looked good at the end. We'll see how this one does.

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Other Equipment:

Date: 7/19/23 Day# 91 (Flower Day# 44)

The Vivosun Bud Factory is almost automatic now. Since the res change it's stayed really steady. I'm starting to add more water now, allowing the res to rest to 900-1000 ppm. Full-strength PB comes in at around 980-1000ppm.
RDWC Dessert Grow 20230719.png
I've found spider mites in two other tents down in the basement. That means this tent is quaranteened for now. Yesterday, before opening any other tents, I opened it up and gave all the plants a good inspection and took some pictures. Even then, I tried not to get too close or touch anything. Then I closed it up for another week, only to be seen through the window.

Good News! I don't see any mite damage showing, or any bug damage at all. Everyone looks pretty healthy, with no nanners or any other issues. Starting week# 7 of flower, everyone is packing on bud and frosting up nicely. AS different as they all look, they're all beautiful in their own way.

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Vivosun Smart Grow System settings: ** Late Flower Mode **
    • 20:00-08:00 52% RH, Speed 6, Default off
    • 08:00-20:00 High 82F / 60% RH, Speed 8, Default speed 1
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun 13" Air Circulator oscillating horizontally and vertically on natural wind mode
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 on natural oscillating

Date: 7/27/23 Day# 99 (Flower Day# 52)
Nutrients: Prescription Blend, Hydroguard, z7

The RDWC res has been pretty stable. Coming into the 8th week of flower, I've probably added nutrients for the last time. They'll be getting pH'ed water for the remainder as the PPM slowly decreases. Soon, I'll do a final res change and fill with water only.
RDWC Dessert Tracker 20230727.png
I've pretty much left these ladies alone to do their thing. With spider mites in the other tent, the only time I've opened this tent all week was 10 minutes before lights out, to release some ladybugs. I've peeked in the front window to make sure everything looks OK but that's it. Yesterday it was time for an inspection. So I put on a 'clean suit' and, before messing with any other tents, opened the tent up and inspected everyone.

Forbidden Fruit (front-left) - What a beautiful plant. Her buds are crusted with trichomes, I can't wait to see how she squishes! Of all the plants in the tent she looks the furthest along at this point. I'm still hoping she fattens up some.

Banana Pudding (front-right) - She still isn't going to win any beauty contests. She has some of the longest petioles that I've seen.

When you peel back all of the fan leaves, though, she has massive buds. This lady is full of bud from top to bottom, and the buds are really wide and long. They look a bit leafy, though, almost like they are in reveg. I've started cleaning up some of her top fans, and I'll do more in the week to come.

Mango Mousse (back-left) - This lady never grew above the second net, except for a few buds. The buds she has are really pretty, though, and she has plenty of them. I think I'll still get a decent harvest from her.

Apple Betty (back-right) - "... too many dicks on the dance floor..." Yea, Betty is a mess. Just glancing I noticed both nanners and seeds showing on her sad little buds.

She seemed so healthy in veg, and then really never seemed to kick into flower. I had to pull her buds up to the second net, and her stems still seem weak. On better inspection, she is covered in nanners. I'm not sure what to do with her. She's not ready and I don't really want to harvest and waste what is there. On the other hand, do I really want to keep her in there with the others.

The first thing I checked was for light issues. I have a Govee in the tent, and you can tell from the temperature when the light is on. I checked, and all of the night cycles are uninterupted. I also checked the Wyze camera, going into replay to show a full night cycle. The tent is pitch black at night, with no visible light sources.

It looks like just AB has an issue right now. So, to pull or not to pull? I was looking forward to AB, but is it worth risking the rest of the grow? I'd love to hear your thoughts. For now, I'm just trying to keep the spider mites out of this tent.

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Other Equipment:
- Vivosun 13" Air Circulator oscillating horizontally and vertically on natural wind mode

Date: 7/27/23 Day# 99 (Flower Day# 52)

The RDWC res has been pretty stable. Coming into the 8th week of flower, I've probably added nutrients for the last time. They'll be getting pH'ed water for the remainder as the PPM slowly decreases. Soon, I'll do a final res change and fill with water only.
RDWC Dessert Tracker 20230727.png
I've pretty much left these ladies alone to do their thing. With spider mites in the other tent, the only time I've opened this tent all week was 10 minutes before lights out, to release some ladybugs. I've peeked in the front window to make sure everything looks OK but that's it. Yesterday it was time for an inspection. So I put on a 'clean suit' and, before messing with any other tents, opened the tent up and inspected everyone.

Forbidden Fruit (front-left) - What a beautiful plant. Her buds are crusted with trichomes, I can't wait to see how she squishes! Of all the plants in the tent she looks the furthest along at this point. I'm still hoping she fattens up some.

Banana Pudding (front-right) - She still isn't going to win any beauty contests. She has some of the longest petioles that I've seen.

When you peel back all of the fan leaves, though, she has massive buds. This lady is full of bud from top to bottom, and the buds are really wide and long. They look a bit leafy, though, almost like they are in reveg. I've started cleaning up some of her top fans, and I'll do more in the week to come.

Mango Mousse (back-left) - This lady never grew above the second net, except for a few buds. The buds she has are really pretty, though, and she has plenty of them. I think I'll still get a decent harvest from her.

Apple Betty (back-right) - "... too many dicks on the dance floor..." Yea, Betty is a mess. Just glancing I noticed both nanners and seeds showing on her sad little buds.

She seemed so healthy in veg, and then really never seemed to kick into flower. I had to pull her buds up to the second net, and her stems still seem weak. On better inspection, she is covered in nanners. I'm not sure what to do with her. She's not ready and I don't really want to harvest and waste what is there. On the other hand, do I really want to keep her in there with the others.

The first thing I checked was for light issues. I have a Govee in the tent, and you can tell from the temperature when the light is on. I checked, and all of the night cycles are uninterupted. I also checked the Wyze camera, going into replay to show a full night cycle. The tent is pitch black at night, with no visible light sources.

It looks like just AB has an issue right now. So, to pull or not to pull? I was looking forward to AB, but is it worth risking the rest of the grow? I'd love to hear your thoughts. For now, I'm just trying to keep the spider mites out of this tent.

If you have found seed, then there's probably already seed on others. šŸ˜Æ I think I would still cut it down and get it out of the tent.:oops: Some have mentioned water killing pollen, so mist it down good, cut it down.šŸ˜®šŸ˜Æ:(

Banish her, it, them, hermi.

Late nanners are one thing, but prolific will probably fuck up things longer than the immediate short term.

Is it possible to keep outdoors Id go that way if you really wanna finish.

Bud with nanners though doesnt smell or taste the same......all balls.

Guessing wonky genetics, might just be the one seed/plant, if theres no underlying reason then the early transition to herm probably genetics imo.

If you have found seed, then there's probably already seed on others. šŸ˜Æ
Unfortunately, I agree
I think I would still cut it down and get it out of the tent.:oops:
Seems to be the consensus.
Some have mentioned water killing pollen, so mist it down good, cut it down.šŸ˜®šŸ˜Æ:(
Good advice, thanks.
Banish her, it, them, hermi.

Late nanners are one thing, but prolific will probably fuck up things longer than the immediate short term.

Is it possible to keep outdoors Id go that way if you really wanna finish.
There's only only way to she's coming out of the RDWC, and that's in pieces.
Bud with nanners though doesnt smell or taste the same......all balls.

Guessing wonky genetics, might just be the one seed/plant, if theres no underlying reason then the early transition to herm probably genetics imo.
Thanks DV8

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

• 08:00-20:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:80%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset (40 DLI)
Other Equipment:

*** Apple Betty Harvest ***
Date: 7/30/23 Day# 102 (Flower Day# 55)

On Sunday, day# 55 of flower, I 'harvested' Apple Betty. Harvest is in quotes because there wasn't much worth harvesting. Probably 3/4 of her was under the canopy and was just under-developed larf. Anything that looked like close to decent bud was covered in nanners. She was a real disappointment all-around.

There's not much room on the right side of the tent, just enough for a chair turned sideways. I'm able to get in there with a bin and took her down piece by piece. I had already decided that she wasn't 'hanger worthy' so I took her down in smaller pieces. I left a few leaves on the stems as she will stay in the RDWC for now.

She filled up a good-sized bin. Going through the branches I realized that most of it wasn't worth the time it takes to trim/dry/cure. And then what am I going to do with a bunch of fluffy under-developed larf? At this point it's not worth my time to process. So I went through and saved any decent bud I could find. That only ended up being a small bin of bud, really just one tray of the hanging drying rack in the drying closet. Everything else went in the compost bin.

I blame myself partially. I didn't spend enough time on this grow, especially when they were growing and stretching. I just pushed everything below the net, expecting everything to keep trying to grow up. It worked great for my last grow and did pretty well for the other three in the tent. AB never tried to grow up, though, and just stayed below the net. Even when she flowered and stretched I had to prop her buds up on the second net to keep them up there. Had I spent more time I would have woven the branches through the net, or at least cleaned up all of the crap under the net. I did neither and ended up with a lot of larf and nanner buds. I'll take the loss as a lesson.

I'll be checking trichomes on the rest soon. Today is the end of eight weeks of flower and there are some pretty buds in there. I've reduced the light to 80% and am trailing off the nutes. I'm looking forward to pulling some real bud out of the tent. I'm just hoping it's not all full of seeds.

It's sad. :( I hate to say it, but I think your experience just nixed me running it.:( All the grows I've seen with AB were in soil and non scroged. Yours was the only one close to the way I would run it, so I guess another choice will have to be made for next season. I know your bummed, but like we've said before, we've still got enough bud for the year.:cheesygrinsmiley: Just getting my first grows of the year in jars, puts me at ease, in that I've got my bud for the year and the 2nd grow just sweetens things up and gives me the variety that I'll be craving after a few months of smoking/vaping the same strains.:rolleyes::bong:

I am trying the Grove bags for the first time now. Around half my harvest of Fuel D.OG and Acapulco Gold were put in them and the other half jarred. Do you keep them in the bags perpetually?:hmmmm:

It's sad. :( I hate to say it, but I think your experience just nixed me running it.:( All the grows I've seen with were in soil and non scroged. Yours was the only one close to the way I would run it, so I guess another choice will have to be made for next season.
I hate to think your skipping it based on my grow. What if I just got a shit seed?
I know your bummed, but like we've said before, we've still got enough bud for the year.:cheesygrinsmiley: Just getting my first grows of the year in jars, puts me at ease, in that I've got my bud for the year and the 2nd grow just sweetens things up and gives me the variety that I'll be craving after a few months of smoking/vaping the same strains.:rolleyes::bong:
Yea, I still have some bud from my first grow. The Vivosun Auto Oasis is keeping me plenty stocked and with great variety, a new smoke every 6 weeks! Hard to be too bummed over one plant.
I am trying the Grove bags for the first time now. Around half my harvest of Fuel D.OG and Acapulco Gold were put in them and the other half jarred. Do you keep them in the bags perpetually?:hmmmm:
I do, but I've heard that you really should heat-seal the bags if you plan on keeping the bud in there long term. I don't, and my year-old bud is still moist and full of smell/flavor. I love the Grove bags.

Back
Top Bottom