The Vivosun Bud Factory - 4 Kush Mints Clones In RDWC 5x5 VSFD6500

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Kush Mints Clones in RDWC

Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSFD6500
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSFD6500 and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Vivosun Smart Grow System settings: RDWC Flower Recipe in SEEDLING mode
  • Light - Vivosun VSFD6500
    • 22:00-08:00 - OFF
    • 08:00-20:00 - 70% Flowering mode (30DLI)
  • Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6 x 2
    • 00:00-24:00 - Natural Wind
  • Exhaust - Vivosun 6" AeroZesh
    • 22:00-04:00 - 56% RH, speed 6
    • 04:00-22:00 - 82F & 66% RH, speed 7
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun 13" oscillating floor fan oscillating horizontally and vertically, on natural wind mode

Date: 2/27/24 Day# 45 (Flip Day# 6)
Strain: Kush Mints (Cannapot/ApeOrigin) fem photo clones
Nutrients: MC 1-part, Hydroguard, Z7
Medium: 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)

I'm still running on the original reservoir in the RDWC. I've topped-off 28 gallons to the 45 gallon res, so I'll need to change it soon. It's just about time for flower nutrients anyways, and I have it right around 1000ppm/2EC where I want it.
Kush Mints RDWC Tracker.png
It's been six days since these ladies were last defoliated and flipped to 12/12. I hadn't even opened the tent since then. They were all pretty bushy and well above the net ;)

So I went in and cleaned them up again. I got rid of any suckers I could find, branches growing from the underside of the main branches. I also got rid of a couple of sub-branches that were just making it too crowded. This may be the last major cleanup/LST before they start to flower, so I really wanted to make sure everything was spread out. I tied most of the branches back down to the net so that they're all around the same level again.

I got rid of some pretty large sub-branches, but I really don't care about volume this time. I'm still trying to keep the six mains/plant. I'm hoping for some large buds and an easier harvest. Hopefully they start flowering soon, then I can just let them go.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

After the 4 week harvest last time I'm sure you can stand to lose a few branches here and there!
Exactly my thoughts. No branches under the net this time!

A quick check in on them and they're all happy and smiling this morning. It's amazing how they've almost filled the net, but they're also well spaced out. I'm really excited to see what these ladies can do in flower.

The Vivosun Bud Factory

Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSFD6500 and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

• 08:00-20:00 - 90% Flowering mode (34DLI)
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun 13" oscillating floor fan oscillating horizontally and vertically, on natural wind mode

Date: 3/4/24 Day# 51 (Flip day# 12, Flower day# 3)
Strain: Kush Mints (Cannapot/ApeOrigin) fem photo clones
Nutrients: Prescription Blend, Hydroguard, z7

I was cleaning up my grow room a little while back and came across a box of Prescription Blend nutrients that I'd forgotten I had. Well, I don't want them to go to waste so I decided to use them for the Kush Mints in flower. I plan on using them exactly to schedule. After all, I used PB's schedule to formulate my current MC schedule, as it's always worked so well.

Saturday these ladies got their first nutrient change. I completely drained the RDWC system and rinsed out the buckets. The longest part was cleaning the water chiller, it was really dirty and took a while to flush out. Finally I refilled the RDWC and added 45G of flower week# 1 Prescription Blend nutrients. The PPMs are a bit high so I'll probably top off with water until the get down around 2EC. I'm slowly bringing the pH down to around 6, where I'll try to keep it thorugh flower.

You can see where the roots have joined together through the buckets. There is still plenty of room for water to flow, though, so it shouldn't be an issue. I did need to pull the roots out that were growing toward the res.

Saturday I officially called it the first day of flower. These ladies are doing fantastic, very healthy and vibrant. I haven't been cutting as much off lately so they are really filling in. I put the VSFD6500 all the way on the top of the tent and turned it up to 90%. They are all getting 32-35DLI right now.

Today I decided to tie them down to the net one more time. I tried to get them as level as possible, while also trying to spread them out so all the buds have plenty of space. While I was at it I got rid of any suckers I could find. Now it's time to let them grow up, bring on the stretch!

The Vivosun Bud Factory

Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Other Equipment:

Date: 3/6/24 Day# 53 (Flip day# 14, Flower day# 5)
Strain: Cannapot Kush Mints (ApeOrigin) fem photo clones
Nutrients: Prescription Blend, Hydroguard, Z7

Two days after the last LST and these ladies are showing they are ready to grow up! They have really filled in the canopy and I can see buds shooting up everywhere. I'll put up the trellis net soon to let them stretch into. Last time I put it too high/too late and that's a real pain.

I love what I'm seeing in this tent right now. These ladies couldn't be more healthy and green. They're budding hard and stacking up really nice. They're already getting their smell, too. Let's see how much these ladies can stretch!

The Vivosun Bud Factory

Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Vivosun Smart Grow System settings: RDWC Flower Recipe in SEEDLING mode (Flower lighting with veg env)
Other Equipment:

Date: 3/7/24 Day# 54 (Flip day# 15, Flower day# 6)

I used to hate attaching the trellis net, trying to tie little knots in the corners and never quite getting it tight enough. The last time I ordered from Vivosun and got these easy-install hooks with the netting. Now the trellis takes about a minute to hang and I can get it fairly tight, even in the middle. I mark each corner poll with a piece of tape 12" above the first net. This way I can see if the net moves, too.

With the trellis net installed, it was easy to see the few buds that were taller than the others. I tightened the LST on a couple of them, and super-cropped a couple more. I'm going to try my best to keep everything even and spaced out over the next couple of weeks.

The Vivosun Bud Factory

Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Vivosun Smart Grow System settings: RDWC Flower Recipe in SEEDLING mode (Flower lighting with veg env)
    • 08:00-20:00 - 90% Flowering mode
Other Equipment:

Date: 3/11/24 Day# 58 (Flip day# 19, Flower day# 10)

These ladies are picking up their drinking, up to 2.5 gallons/day. It's been busy lately and I got a little loose and let them creep up in pH and down in PPM, but I gave them a good feeding today and I'll double check the pH tomorrow. They've already gone through 1/3 of this res and I can see the next res change approaching quickly.
They all still look very healthy and happy. I'm going to need to get in there soon and start cleaning up under the canopy. It's hard to believe they were stripped to the tips when flipped. They all have buds through the trellis net now and are still stretching. For now, I'm just watching them go!

BUDMAN! Sensational looking plants! You never cease to amaze me with your notes and documentation. Can't wait to see these babies full horsepower!! :woohoo:

BUDMAN! Sensational looking plants! You never cease to amaze me with your notes and documentation. Can't wait to see these babies full horsepower!! :woohoo:
Thanks Krissi, and great to see you back. These ladies are healthy and flowering hard, it's great to be back on the Prescription Blend (while it lasts).

The Vivosun Bud Factory

Sponsored by VIVOSUN

• 08:00-20:00 - 85% Flowering mode (35-38 DLI)
Other Equipment:

Date: 3/15/24 Day# 62 (Flip day# 23, Flower day# 14)

I turned the @VIVOSUN VSFD6500 down to 85% to keep them around 35-38 DLI. They are running the 'seedling' stage of my 3-stage RDWC flowering recipe. This has the light on a 12/12 schedule, but the VPD is still down around 1.1-1.2. I'll keep it here for another week, then start the 'veg' stage, which lowers the RH and raises the VPD to 1.2-1.3.

The daily temperates have been really good, with about 10f swing in day/night temps. I must have this recipe set up pretty well, because the VPD barely registers a change :)

Screenshot_20240315_125744.jpg

They all still look happy and healthy in there. I've verified that all 24 mains are above the net and doing well. Each of the mains is like it's own little plant, though, with quite a bit of larf underneath. Some of that I'll keep, but some is just wasting energy. I need to remove some of the extra crap under the net, especially the suckers. I've been busy with my day job this week so I haven't had a chance to do anything with these ladies. This weekend, though, they'll get a good clean-up ;) And maybe a res change?

Thanks Krissi, and great to see you back. These ladies are healthy and flowering hard, it's great to be back on the Prescription Blend (while it lasts).
Man I've got maaaybe enough for this grow...I'm saddened! Buuut happy for you!!

Man I've got maaaybe enough for this grow...I'm saddened! Buuut happy for you!!
I've been using MC with additives. I entered PB into a program to see what NPK levels it recommended through flower, then use MC + Sweet Candy + Epsom to hit the same numbers. It's working well in the auto tent, so at least I have a backup for when I run out of PB.

I've been using MC with additives. I entered PB into a program to see what NPK levels it recommended through flower, then use MC + Sweet Candy + Epsom to hit the same numbers. It's working well in the auto tent, so at least I have a backup for when I run out of PB.
I really like the Humboldt's Flower Stacker I have been using for a couple grows now so I'm thinking of Humboldt's line, possibly? Dunno I'm in a whirlwind of emotion losing the PBlend pre mixed lol

I really like the Humboldt's Flower Stacker I have been using for a couple grows now so I'm thinking of Humboldt's line, possibly? Dunno I'm in a whirlwind of emotion losing the PBlend pre mixed lol
You should check out the Vivosun nutrients. They're identical to Humbolts A+B but cost a little less. Use code LKABUDMAN to get an additional 15% off :)

The Vivosun Bud Factory

Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Other Equipment:

Date: 3/18/24 Day# 65 (Flip day# 26, Flower day# 17)

I didn't get the chance to do a res change for these ladies this weekend. I'm topping off with full-strength Prescription Blend (Wk3) so the res is pretty stable ppm/pH. I've used nearly 70% of the initial res, though, so I'm not really sure what's in that ppm. It doesn't take that long, though, so I'll get it done this week.
I did find a visitor in the res outside the tent.

That's a root from the front-left bucket that found it's way through the 'caterpiller' and into the reservoir. I put on some gloves and pulled it back into it's own bucket, then wrapped it around the rootball so it doesn't end up back in the tubing.

I think these ladies are just about done stretching. I hadn't cleaned then up since they were at the first net, so the 12" between the two nets was really bushy.

This weekend I gave them a good clean-up. I removed any suckers I could get to, branches growing from the underside of other branches. I removed any branches that didn't look like they would make the canopy, especially the couple laying down on the first net. I also removed almost all of the LST, letting everything release naturally. A couple of branches were tucked back up to the top trellis net. Mostly, I got rid of a lot of fan leaves under the canopy. Anywhere that looked too crowded I took the fans from the very bottom. I only took a handful from the whole tent from the canopy, all big fans growing toward the middle.

I think everything that's left is ready to go through flower. I can see through the canopy in places, although I know that will fill in soon. All of the major branches are supported by the trellis net and pretty much at the same height. There is plenty of airflow both beneath and above the canopy, and even through the canopy.

Damn I've been gone long enough for you to grow a forest in there! Nice find on the PB box and the decision to use it rather than auction it off the highest bidder. :)

And what an excellent clean-up above the net since below the net already looked perfect.

:welldone:
Thanks Shed. I will NOT spend two weeks harvesting these ladies :)

The Vivosun Bud Factory

Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Other Equipment:

Date: 3/20/24 Day# 67 (Flip day# 28, Flower day# 19)

I still haven't changed the res but I'm thinking tomorrow is the day. I thought they were done stretching, but the defoliation may have given them another inch or two. They're looking happy and healthy in there and ready to stack up some bud!

Back
Top Bottom