LKABudMan - Kush Mints, Coco, In The Vivosun vGrow Smart Grow Box

Vivosun vGrow Smart Grow Box *Prototype V2*
Cannapot Kush Mints fem photo (Moira)

Date: 2/29/24 - Day# 106 - Flip day# 67 - Flower Day# 51
Medium: 3G pot w/ Coco
Nutrients: 5.5MC+1SC+.5MgS = 131N-64P-232K-124Ca-61Mg-82S
Light: 60% Flowering spectrum 12/12 (36DLI)
Circulation: 8/10
Exhaust: 58%RH day / 46% RH night

Moira is in her 8th week of flower and is still healthy and green. She's foxtailing a bit and throwing out lots of fresh pistils. Today I reduced the light further to 60% (36DLI). I also turned down the heater in my office, bring the average temperatures down 2-3f. I'm hoping to encourage her to finish up, but as long as she stays healthy she can keep going as long as she wants :)

#vivosun #vGrow #lovewhatyougrow

Looks like she's planning on hanging around for a minute, BudMan! :Rasta:

Date: 3/4/24 - Day# 110 - Flip day# 71 - Flower Day# 55

Finishing up her 8th week of flower, Moira is still drinking well. I just gave her the last of the 4G I mixed up on 2/21 (after pHing to 6.0). Her next batch of nutrients will be a bit lower in EC as she finishes up.
Moira Feeding Tracker.png
No news is good news with Moira. Her leaves are dulling a little, but they should be at this stage. She's throwing some foxtails and is still building and maturing. She still looks really healthy and happy in there, though, so I'm leaving her alone. It's really amazing how much weed is in there considering how small the vGrow really is ;)

Date: 3/4/24 - Day# 110 - Flip day# 71 - Flower Day# 55

Finishing up her 8th week of flower, Moira is still drinking well. I just gave her the last of the 4G I mixed up on 2/21 (after pHing to 6.0). Her next batch of nutrients will be a bit lower in EC as she finishes up.
No news is good news with Moira. Her leaves are dulling a little, but they should be at this stage. She's throwing some foxtails and is still building and maturing. She still looks really healthy and happy in there, though, so I'm leaving her alone. It's really amazing how much weed is in there considering how small the vGrow really is ;)

It looks like it should be in Captain Picard's ready room.

The plant is "all that" BudMan!

BTW, I modified the Wikipedia page of Dean Koontz and listed you as his biggest fan!

I'm currently reading one of his older books, One Door Away From Heaven (2002).

The plant is "all that" BudMan!

BTW, I modified the Wikipedia page of Dean Koontz and listed you as his biggest fan!

I'm currently reading one of his older books, One Door Away From Heaven (2002).
Thanks GBD. I used to read a lot more fiction, I've read most of Koontz, King, Patterson, and Clancy along with a lot of other authors. I love older Koontz (from the 80s and 90s), his newer stuff not as much. If you haven't read it, I recommend Twilight Eyes. That book still makes me think of people differently.

Date: 3/12/24 - Day# 118- Flip day# 79 - Flower Day# 63
Light: 50% Flowering spectrum 12/12 (32DLI)

Finishing up her ninth week of flowering Moira is starting to drink less. I think it's about time to start winding down the PPMs too.
I sure wish Moira would finish up already. Her leaves are getting paler and starting to yellow, but she's still throwing foxtails and even a late nanner here and there. I backed the light down to 50% today, lowering the DLI to the low 30s. I'll be harvesting her in the next week or two, time for her to finish up.

I've definitely seen a pattern in my recent grows. Both autos and photos are running long, and tend to both foxtail and throw nanners late. I've been reducing DLI near the end of the grows (maybe not enough or too much?), and have tried different strategies with the nutrients (reduce / keep the same / more PK less N). My temperatures are 80f or less and RH is usually in the upper 50s day/40s night. So, any ideas how I can encourage my ladies to mature sooner and stop foxtailing?

She's forming nice bud Bud! :woohoo:
Thanks SO. I'd rather have them finish up sooner and without the foxtails/nanners, but they smoke really well either way :)

Thanks SO. I'd rather have them finish up sooner and without the foxtails/nanners, but they smoke really well either way :)
BudMan, is that display on the front of the box the temp. inside the box? (I'm trying to figure out why foxtails. Not just in this grow, but any grow.)

Date: 3/12/24 - Day# 121 - Flip day# 82 - Flower Day# 66
Light: 50% Flowering spectrum 12/12 (32DLI)

It's been a little warmer in my office than I've likes this week, and Moira was up in the low 80s. No worries, though, as the weather turns cooler tonight and looks to stay cooler for the next couple of weeks.
Screenshot_20240315_160958.jpg
A couple of weeks will be plenty of time for this lady. Her leaves still look pretty good for 9+ weeks in flower, a bit pale now but no burnt/crispy leaves. I can see some of her calyx swelling up, and even some opening to swallow the hairs. Her limbs would be flopping over if there were anywhere for them to flop. I'll be checking trichomes soon. For now, I'm just enjoying the smell in my office :)

BudMan, is that display on the front of the box the temp. inside the box? (I'm trying to figure out why foxtails. Not just in this grow, but any grow.)
It displays the inside and outside temperatures. The inside temp is a probe I have around canopy height. I also have a separate temp probe in there which reads about the same. I don't think they've been much above 80f.

That Moira is really packing on the weight in there...short and thick!
Thanks, she's starting to lean against the sides too
Pull the light hours back to 11/13 and then 10/14 like it would do outside. That might help.
I've been decreasing the intensity to decrease the DLI, but maybe I should be decreasing the hours instead. Good thought.
Cutting back the nutes will do that to a plant. :)
I haven't cut back the nutes yet. She still has the same flower nutes that I've been giving her all along. I'll cut back on the next feeding, though.

Thanks, she's starting to lean against the sides too

I've been decreasing the intensity to decrease the DLI, but maybe I should be decreasing the hours instead. Good thought.

I haven't cut back the nutes yet. She still has the same flower nutes that I've been giving her all along. I'll cut back on the next feeding, though.
Do you know why Vivosun isn’t listed as a Sponsor on the 420 list? CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom