Grow 3 With The Vivosun Smart Grow System In A 3'x3'x6' Tent - Gary Payton

Chasev89

This will be grow journal number 3. We are going to be growing another Gary Payton. This strain turned out awesome for my first grow. It's a hybrid with a fairly high THC rating. This will be my first go around with this strain using the Vivosun Smart Grow System. So it'll be good to look back at the results in the first journal.
As stated in the title we will be using the Vivosun Smart Grow System.
Spider farmer 3'x3'x6' Grow tent.
A modified tote for DWC. Dropped several inches in height compared to the 5 gallon bucket. Will come in handy I've learned.
I use river rock in my net up.
3 Part Ionic Grow Nutrients.(Grow,Bloom,PK Boost)
Great white beneficial bacteria.
No humidifier this time because I live in Northern Michigan not Colorado anymore (looking for a good small dehumidifier)
One small clip fan. (Pink :) wife bought it)
D238A818-D128-46AA-9596-D92FF3D26939.jpeg

Please tag along and enjoy! More pictures to come and almost daily updates.

Well I decided to check the seed and all she needed was about 16 hours in the paper towel and she was ready to go. So I slapped everything together :). Now we wait for the first sighting!
We will be running 16/8. 750 PPM. 5.9 PH.
765D7BEE-AADC-41E7-8214-1A6A9E0C2440.jpeg

2A914EDA-9E42-45B9-8008-2858F001E63D.jpeg

3D419F49-752E-4612-AA8C-9613EAAF9351.jpeg

C19BCC2A-0CF1-4D75-86E4-9D6846F30448.jpeg

251EB829-1D8E-4A51-A6A7-C451B23EE6A0.jpeg

Looks like a great start. I've never used river rocks in DWC, but they should work great with the rooting plugs. Hopefully you won't need to move this one ;)

Looks like a great start. I've never used river rocks in DWC, but they should work great with the rooting plugs. Hopefully you won't need to move this one ;)
No more moving!!! I've used river rock this whole time. Seems like it does ok. For now I know no other way hahaha.

Hey Amigo :ciao: :high-five:
Great start :thumb:
I'm pulling up a seat.:popcorn:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Hey Amigo :ciao: :high-five:
Great start :thumb:
I'm pulling up a seat.:popcorn:

Bill284 😎
Welcome back Bill. Always glad to have your watchful eyes. Beautiful day we had today! Lots of storms tomorrow I hear.

Welcome back Bill. Always glad to have your watchful eyes. Beautiful day we had today! Lots of storms tomorrow I hear.
As long as it's nice this weekend is nice, we are all going tubing Sunday. :yahoo:
I have a ton of uppotting to do before then.:rolleyes:
Your setup looks really nice.
Neat and clean.
You growing another beast? Hehe

Bill284 :cool:

Ah yes I’ve heard about the good tubing around our area. Gonna have to take the kiddos soon. Any good recommendations that might be up my way?
Uppotting is a good sign though, means you’re cruising!
Thank you for compliments on the grow space. I really want to take care of what I have so after each grow I completely disassemble everything and clean with Lysol wipes. I put a little drop of oil on the fans. Change the filters in the air pumps. Boil air stones. You name it. I like it clean.

Yes another beast!! It’s why I changed from a 5 gallon bucket to a shorter but wider tote. I’ve gained about a foot more vertical space!
Do you think switching to the shorter tote will effect the plant height?(as far as growth goes based on root depth)

Ah yes I’ve heard about the good tubing around our area. Gonna have to take the kiddos soon. Any good recommendations that might be up my way?
Uppotting is a good sign though, means you’re cruising!
Thank you for compliments on the grow space. I really want to take care of what I have so after each grow I completely disassemble everything and clean with Lysol wipes. I put a little drop of oil on the fans. Change the filters in the air pumps. Boil air stones. You name it. I like it clean.

Yes another beast!! It’s why I changed from a 5 gallon bucket to a shorter but wider tote. I’ve gained about a foot more vertical space!
Do you think switching to the shorter tote will effect the plant height?(as far as growth goes based on root depth)
Your more than welcome to come here tubing any time. :thumb:
I'll have the BBQ ready. :yahoo:
Clean and organized, best practice imo.
Small things can make a big difference.
As far as growth goes, re root container.
As long as you have good air volume and nutrient circulation I don't think it will effect plant height.
How fast she grows is the difference.
Not sure which configuration is best for plant health and vigor.
But the lower container is definitely a great idea.
That alone will help a lot.
Same volume though?

Bill284 😎

Your more than welcome to come here tubing any time. :thumb:
I'll have the BBQ ready. :yahoo:
Clean and organized, best practice imo.
Small things can make a big difference.
As far as growth goes, re root container.
As long as you have good air volume and nutrient circulation I don't think it will effect plant height.
How fast she grows is the difference.
Not sure which configuration is best for plant health and vigor.
But the lower container is definitely a great idea.
That alone will help a lot.
Same volume though?

Bill284 😎
Hell yeah that would be fun! The kiddos would love that.
As far as the volume of water the tote actually was able to fit slightly more water than the 5 gallon bucket. I did add another big air stone because of this. I’m still worried a little about the outer edges on the ends. Not sure how much air is making its way that way. So I’m worried once the roots hit this zone if I’ll have any root rot issues as well. Many questions lol.

Day 8. Rainy rainy morning :). She is doing well! No big red flags at all! So I’ll take this time to talk about what I added to the lid of the tote.
CE4001A1-8D3F-416E-A6D7-3110D6438D1B.jpeg
C72C5734-9A1C-490D-9CFD-A6D76BCA96D5.jpeg

Sticky Hooks! They hold 4lbs. I’m hoping these will be an excellent base for my tie downs during LST. I will eventually probably add 4 more of these. I think they will do great but I haven’t seen others use them so I don’t know!

E6C80167-7C65-473E-BA5E-2095783DF587.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom