Chasev89

Alright welcome old and new friends :). Those who have followed along may know that this year has been extremely difficult for myself and my family. We moved from Colorado to upper Michigan at the beginning of the year. There was many reasons for this but mainly us being a young family wanted to be closer to my mom and other family in the area. We drove with two vehicles, a car and a truck and trailer. I was mid flower at this point and chose to throw my one plant in the uhaul after 105 days of growth. Well three days in sub 20 degree weather with no light killed her. I tried :). Well next plant I got her to harvest after 120 plus days of Malawi Gold. But during that we also had to move again. This time just an hour north. Well after that harvest I had two Garry Payton seed remaining. I popped one and had her doing great until her main stem broke at day 22. She would not recover. Next Garry Payton seed popped but for some reason the growth stopped a day after it rose from the plug. It didn’t move for days. Was just a string of bad luck and unfortunate events.

Which brings us to this journal. I found a seed in an 1/8th of some really good bud called Deep Breath from Lume dispensary. These were selling at $30. I was very happy to find this gift. I decided to throw it in a paper towel and see what happens. Next day to my surprise she popped :). So I got her all set up.

We are using a DWC setup in a Shallow Plastic Tote in a 3’x3’x6’ tent. I am running the Vivosun smart Grow system (Light,Scrubber,in-line fan). The nutrients I’m using are a three part Series called ionic Grow. I use great white bacteria and this grow I’ll be adding fox farms Cal-Mag.

9A613542-764F-480E-B494-9ADE8B3A65AF.jpeg

AAE8AC40-3BCE-4675-AE88-C971E7D8FA85.jpeg

Some strain Info

She's so tiny... I can't wait to see her filling your tent!

Crazy strain, love the sound of the genetics [just followed link]
Like the idea of DWC too, but a] do you run the airstone constantly b] how often do you change a 10L res?
With NFT I could leave it up to 14 days with top ups - same deal?
So yes I do run the stones 24/7 the fear of root rot scares me so much that I even run one extra pump. So both stones have a dedicated pump. For me doing this I’ve learned I can just top off. As long as the water looks good and tests good on ppm and ph. I do make a change always before flower because I change the nutrients from veg to bloom. But usually a daily top off during full veg as they tend to be thirsty!

Day 2.
11AE70AB-C44C-4BF6-8DF7-CF2E8DCE2D8A.jpeg

Anyone who could give me some knowledge would be great. Why is fox farms cal mag making my reservoir look all soapy? It’s only this nutrient that’s making my water do this. I’m about to throw the bottle away and not use it as I already changed the res yesterday because of the issue. @Bill284 @LKABudMan

Don't use any organics and keep water temps down at all cost. Make a plan on how to remove biofilm and combat cyanobacteria like pythium root rot and other pathogens. Either by going the water chiller and bacteria route or running oxidizers.

Bacillus amyloliquefaciens what you find in Southern AG Garden Friendly Fungicide or Hydroguard is what people use in terms of bacteria. Southern AG 98% pure and hydroguard 0.038%.

I've used oxidizers in Hydro for 15+ years. Sodium hypochlorite is what's been used commercially on large scale operations since it has longer residual effect compared to H2O2. Sodium hypochlorite is what you find in regular unscented bleach. 3-5ppm residual is recommended in DWC, adding every 3rd to 4th day. I have the chlorine dilution calculator in my signature.

All the best of luck to you!

Don't use any organics and keep water temps down at all cost. Make a plan on how to remove biofilm and combat cyanobacteria like pythium root rot and other pathogens. Either by going the water chiller and bacteria route or running oxidizers.

Bacillus amyloliquefaciens what you find in Southern AG Garden Friendly Fungicide or Hydroguard is what people use in terms of bacteria. Southern AG 98% pure and hydroguard 0.038%.

I've used oxidizers in Hydro for 15+ years. Sodium hypochlorite is what's been used commercially on large scale operations since it has longer residual effect compared to H2O2. Sodium hypochlorite is what you find in regular unscented bleach. 3-5ppm residual is recommended in DWC, adding every 3rd to 4th day. I have the chlorine dilution calculator in my signature.

All the best of luck to you!
It’s just so weird to me how I’ve never ever had a foam issue in res. Not until using the fox farms stuff. My water is at a constant 62 degrees F. My water is fine until I add the cal mag.

I also run beneficial bacteria in my reservoir.

I've never had foaming in my res, also never used FF nutes.

It’s just so weird to me how I’ve never ever had a foam issue in res. Not until using the fox farms stuff. My water is at a constant 62 degrees F. My water is fine until I add the cal mag.

I also run beneficial bacteria in my reservoir.
Maybe consider something cleaner for straight hydro compared to Fox Farm? It's not a hydro specific nutrient brand an has a lot of organic additives in them and why you experience foaming.

Canna, Jacks, GH, Dyna Gro, H&G and Floraflex to name a few.

Day 2.
11AE70AB-C44C-4BF6-8DF7-CF2E8DCE2D8A.jpeg

Anyone who could give me some knowledge would be great. Why is fox farms cal mag making my reservoir look all soapy? It’s only this nutrient that’s making my water do this. I’m about to throw the bottle away and not use it as I already changed the res yesterday because of the issue. @Bill284 @LKABudMan
Morning Amigo. :ciao:
I read the other day someone had a similar issue.
Pretty sure it was ff. aswell.
Was it an old bottle?
@Wastei :thanks: made a couple good suggestions.
Keep it clean and cool. Stay away from organic.
Talk soon.
Take care

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Just gonna clean again today and throw FF in the garbage. Waste of $30.
Maybe consider something cleaner for straight hydro compared to Fox Farm? It's not a hydro specific nutrient brand an has a lot of organic additives in them and why you experience foaming.

Canna, Jacks, GH, Dyna Gro, H&G and Floraflex to name a few.

Morning Amigo. :ciao:
I read the other day someone had a similar issue.
Pretty sure it was ff. aswell.
Was it an old bottle?
@Wastei :thanks: made a couple good suggestions.
Keep it clean and cool. Stay away from organic.
Talk soon.
Take care

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
Brand new bottle. I think he is right though. It’s the only organic nutrient and it’s the cause of the foam.

Day 6. Let’s go over some vitals!
Light-seedling spectrum-80% power. Will raise 5% a week from here. Switch to veg spectrum in one week.
Water temp- 61 Degrees
Tent temp-Day 80F Night 71F
Humidity- Daily average 62%
Water PPM- 950-960
Water PH- Nice and level at 5.9

36AB770B-57D3-4F0A-A601-BC736CA3B5D4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom