Chase's 2024 Banana Jealousy Grow Sponsored By Seedsman Seeds

Chasev89

Hello all and welcome! I’d like to start this off by apologizing to @SeedsMan and @420 and thank them for their support and patience!

These past few months have been very difficult. Shortly before receiving the seeds my Step Father was admitted to the hospital with end stage liver failure. He was moved to hospice where he stayed for almost 7 days before passing in his sleep. This was a very difficult situation and I had to make several expensive and challenging trips traveling between Arizona and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. One trip included driving a uhaul from Arizona to Colorado and then up to Michigan. So it’s been hard… Mentally and Physically. The loss is exponentially hard for my Mother. My wife and kiddos have been amazing and strong for me. I’m very thankful for that. As for now, things have started to settle a bit and I can start to focus on the little things that make me happy. Like growing my favorite plant!

Everyone is welcome to come and chat sports, the weather, weed, growing etc. let’s have fun and make new friends!

So here we go! A big Thank you to @SeedsMan and @420 for putting on this awesome collaboration!

I will be growing Banana Jealousy!

Here is the tale of the tape.

Strain: Banana Jealousy from @SeedsMan
Genetic Makeup: Hybrid Sativa
Pot/Bucket Size: 4 gallon Buckets
Tent Size: 3’ x 3’
Grow Space: 3’ x 3’
How Many Plants: 2
Environment: Indoor
Stage: Seed
Medium: Water and River Rock
Lights: @VIVOSUN Aerolight Smart Grow System. (Light, Fan, in-line fan, carbon filter, E26 control hub)
Nutrients: Hydro Dynamics Ionic Grow
Room/Tent Temperature: 75°
Relative Humidity: 60%
Media/Res PH: 5.8
Pests: None
Watering: Top fill when needed

I’m very excited for this one. It will be my first grow of more than one plant. Here is some pics of the setup and the beans! Let’s get it! I will update in a few days once they have gotten tap roots.
FF0AA8A6-F5BE-4999-91E9-5409A7A84C6D.jpeg
DD848D89-8B22-4C60-A969-705B4E3B5D6C.jpeg

Nice start to your grow journal @Chasev89

Sorry to hear about your step father death.
My wife is on a transplants list for her liver.

I will stop in occasionally if you don't mine?

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words Tok!

It was a very difficult situation as his alcoholism led to his eventual demise. I hate alcohol.

I hope very much that your wife receives it and lives a long healthy and happy life! I know the anxiety of waiting must be nearly debilitating. Stay strong!

You’re always welcome here buddy!

Loss is always hard! Keep your head up! I'm glad your wife and kids are there for ya, that means more then most would comprehend. Were all here for you too! Next time you need help with that uhaul hit us up! 420 mag will unite! Looking forward to seeing you get back to growing!

Thank you for the kind words OG!
Yes loss is hard but you never truly lose someone. They live on in your heart, thoughts, actions, achievements etc. Its hard but the wounds will heal over time.

This really is a great community of people and most have been here a very long time. It’s an honor to grow with such great people and learn from their infinite wisdom and experience.

Good news! Both seeds cracked overnight! I’m gonna give them all day today, and most of tomorrow before I transfer them to plugs/river rock.

Fun fact about my river rock is, I’ve slowly replaced the store bought ones with rocks I’ve found on the Great Lakes! Mostly Lake Huron and Lake Superior!

Anyways.. we should be seeing some seedlings in a few days! Take care all!

Good news! Both seeds cracked overnight! I’m gonna give them all day today, and most of tomorrow before I transfer them to plugs/river rock.

Fun fact about my river rock is, I’ve slowly replaced the store bought ones with rocks I’ve found on the Great Lakes! Mostly Lake Huron and Lake Superior!

Excellent I can't wait!

I love rocks! 🪨 and the Great lakes! I've only ever been on Huron when it's frozen, and superior was always so cold. Too cold! But the waves when they freeze upright its a sight to see!

Here's one of my quartz geodes from last year I found In a local river bed. Spider is super protective over this one.
20240416_202940.jpg

Excellent I can't wait!

I love rocks! 🪨 and the Great lakes! I've only ever been on Huron when it's frozen, and superior was always so cold. Too cold! But the waves when they freeze upright its a sight to see!

Here's one of my quartz geodes from last year I found In a local river bed. Spider is super protective over this one.
20240416_202940.jpg
That Spider is something from my nightmares! I would take my 9iron and swing away lol but that quartz is gorgeous! A very nice lucky find!

I used to come up for a week once a summer as a kid to see my great grandma. So I got to spend a lot of time on the water. She had a house right off the lake in Moran , Michigan. Very fun times. Now I’ve moved my young family up here! So my kiddos get to live right by the lakes. I’m jealous of that lol they will have tons of fun!

And yeah the frozen waves are amazing and very blue!

Post a pic of your river rock if you can. I used to collect Petoskey stones here, I'm on the Lake Michigan side of the state.

Post a pic of your river rock if you can. I used to collect Petoskey stones here, I'm on the Lake Michigan side of the state.
That one too! I miss going to Grand Haven beach on memorial weekend! Water so cold, the kids never cared tho. We would dig a beach Jacuzzi Bout 20 ft around. Until people started getting in trouble for not filling the holes they dug! They still do the sandcastle competition out there?

That one too! I miss going to Grand Haven beach on memorial weekend! Water so cold, the kids never cared tho. We would dig a beach Jacuzzi Bout 20 ft around. Until people started getting in trouble for not filling the holes they dug! They still do the sandcastle competition out there?
Yep, they still hold it. It's amazing every year. Gawd I used to party hard in that city at the beach!

Oh I wish to find one of those! But I think they’re only downstate? I live like 15 minutes from the Canadian border.. I’m not sure they’re up this way..

Nothing too special that I have.. still mostly store bought… just a few I’ve replaced and polished myself.

Here they are at the bottom of the baskets..
EF0B68D2-1C3C-4F06-9C4A-9A1D13F09FF5.jpeg
2A8A9F5C-E3CB-42E8-9910-B8060ED912A8.jpeg

I will put the root plugs on top and surround with the black gravel mostly. I think it helps prevent light leaks into the root area.

That sounds like a lot of fun! I’m excited to share these kinds of memories with my kiddos!

Yep, they still hold it. It's amazing every year. Gawd I used to party hard in that city at the beach!

We always had issues at the state park, so we would go right next to it to the city beach. Much better less tourist. Coolers packed nobody caring but having a great time! I know I knew you from somewheres! 😆 The sand castle comp, has had some of the best work I have ever seen! I'm sure it's only gotten much more wild! They still got that huge locomotive over there where they have that awesome farmers market? We'd always stop there do family pictures laying in front of the train, like we were tied to the tracks.

You don't miss Michigan, until your gone. I definitely took it for granted while I was there.

Hey Bill! Hope you’re doing well my friend. Glad summer is almost here!
Thanks Buddy, Im doing well. :high-five:
Hope your good.
Spring is finally here.:thumb: summer is going to be a banner one!

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom