The Vivosun Bud Factory
Colombian Gold Clones in RDWC

Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSFD6500
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies USA Express

Welcome back to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSFD6500 (650w bar LED) and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Vivosun Smart Grow System recipe: Colombian Gold RDWC Flower *FLOWER* mode
  • Light - Vivosun VSFD6500
    • 18:00-08:00 - OFF
    • 08:00-18:00 - 75% Flowering mode (32 DLI)
  • Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6 x2
    • 18:00-08:00 - Speed 8
    • 08:00-18:00 - Speed 10
  • Exhaust - Vivosun 6" AeroZesh
    • 00:00-07:00 - 46% RH, speed 8
    • 07:00-08:00 - 50% RH, speed 8
    • 08:00-17:00 - 56%RH speed 8
    • 17:00-18:00 - 54%RH speed 8
    • 18:00-00:00 - 48%RH speed 8
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun 13" oscillating floor fan oscillating horizontally and vertically, on natural wind mode
- Active Aqua 1/4hp chiller set to 66f with 3f swing

*** Harvest Update ***
Date: 12/22/23 Day# 121 - Flip day# 95 - Flower day# 85
Strain: Herbies Seeds Colombian Gold (World of Seeds) fem photo clones
Names: Maria(Front-left), Luisa(Front-right), Camila(back-left), Sofia(back-right)
Nutrients: Water w/ Bud Explosion, Hydroguard, z7
Medium: 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Pests: Spider Mites

We started harvesting the Colombians last night. There is so much in there I decided to start with the best tops. So last night we cleaned two hangers of top buds. All of the bud is solid and dense and sticky as hell. Based on our progress, it may take a week or more to really get all of this harvested. That's not a bad thing, though. I'll continue taking the top buds, while leaving the lower buds to continue ripening. It'll be a couple of weeks until I have more clones ready for this tent anyways.

Before Harvest

Harvest Started

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

Looking great! :love: Don't forget to keep taking them breaks.:hmmmm::love:
I cleared out the freezer of trimmings and made bubble hash yesterday and today.:) Lots of room in the freezer now. :rolleyes: I'll probably press some of it and see what happens, sqeezing at a lower temperature.:hmmmm::)

The Vivosun Bud Factory

Welcome back to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSFD6500 (650w bar LED) and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Other Equipment:
- Vivosun 13" oscillating floor fan oscillating horizontally and vertically, on natural wind mode

*** Harvest Update ***
Date: 12/27/23 Day# 126 - Flip day# 100 - Flower day# 91
Names: Maria(Front-left), Luisa(Front-right), Camila(back-left), Sofia(back-right)

The harvesting was just getting started when it was paused for Christmas weekend. My son was staying in the room with the drying closet with his cats, so I didn't have access to the drying closet. I usually open/close the door to moderate the humidity but I put a spare dehumidifier in there set to 65%. He left yesterday and the harvest resumed last night.

Right now we're just taking the top buds and we're doing two hangers/night. We have six hangers in the closet and still have a lot to go. The problem, though, is that I'm running out of hangers and space in the drying closet. I'm hoping to finish getting the top buds out of the tent, then leave the rest for another week or two. By then Pinky (Bubblegum Auto) will be coming out of the drying closet, freeing up five more hangers and some space.

I was not expecting the harvest to take this long. I ended up adding 50g of MC to the res today to give them something to eat while they finish up. And it looks like I may need to spray for mites again if I leave them in there much longer. Ugh. I'm trying not to stress too much over it, I'll get to them when I get to them.

Those last two flower pics. :love: I may be a little biased, but if any strain of bud looks as good as those two, I can't remember them.:hmmmm::) Just love the green and red with the frost.:yummy:
I should finish up the rosin making today on the flower set aside for it.:) It's making beautiful rosin.:love: Haven't tried it yet. :rolleyes: I like to let it breath for a week or so first in the fridge. :)

Those last two flower pics. :love: I may be a little biased, but if any strain of bud looks as good as those two, I can't remember them.:hmmmm::) Just love the green and red with the frost.:yummy:
I should finish up the rosin making today on the flower set aside for it.:) It's making beautiful rosin.:love: Haven't tried it yet. :rolleyes: I like to let it breath for a week or so first in the fridge. :)
Thanks GW, they do look and smell incredible. Interesting you wait to try your rosin, I think that freshly-dried fresh-pressed rosin has the most terpenes and flavor.

That's the makings of a damn fine double harvest! Second verse same as the first. :bravo:
Thanks Shed. I'm not sure I'll get anywhere close to the first harvest... I've taken a lot of fat buds out of there already :)

Thanks GW, they do look and smell incredible. Interesting you wait to try your rosin, I think that freshly-dried fresh-pressed rosin has the most terpenes and flavor.
That fresh fresh :kiss:, sweet like candy.

The Vivosun Bud Factory

Other Equipment:

*** Harvest Update ***
Date: 1/2/23 Day# 132 - Flip day# 107 - Flower day# 97

The harvesting resumed last week. After 9 hangers of big buds I ran out of hangers and space to hang them. Then I went and harvested a 5 gallon bucket full of baseball-sized top buds. I cleaned those up and filled the hanging mesh drying rack in the drying closet with them. What was left was mostly larf, left to ripen and be harvested another day. There still looks like so much left in there, doesn't it?

However, a quick glance a couple of days ago shows the spider mites having a field day in there. At this point, I have a decision to make:
1. Mix up more SNS-217c and spray everything that's still in the tent. This should get me another week or two until harvest.
2. Harvest what looks good now and trash the rest.

Right now I'm leaning toward #2. I'll go in there tonight and clip any buds that look decent. I already got most of them in the 5G bucket, but there may be a few more. Everything else goes in the composter. While part of me hates to waste all that good THC, the rest of me knows that I already harvested the best buds in there and the rest is going to take a lot more time than it's worth.

Then I can get this tent cleaned up and ready for the next grow :) I have some Kush Mints clones that have already rooted and I have a lot of cleaning before I bring them in this tent. Time to wrap this up... well, until the buds are dried and ready to be bucked and bagged.

Congrats on Phase 2!
There still looks like so much left in there, doesn't it?
There still looks like what a lot of growers would consider a win. :)
1. Mix up more SNS-217c and spray everything that's still in the tent. This should get me another week or two until harvest.
2. Harvest what looks good now and trash the rest.
I would take all of the rest and wash it well. Then sort out the most ripe from the less ripe and keep them for other uses. I'm with you on not wasting THC!

There still looks like so much left in there, doesn't it?
I know what you were facing.:) The farther I cut buds down the stalk, the decision to keep going, kept answering itself for me. :) Those small less dense flowers were just super trich coated. :oops: I'm glad I kept most of it. :hmmmm::) Those little buds made good rosin. :bong:
I also understand the need to get things ready for a new grow.:hmmmm::rolleyes: I imagine the bugs are causing some anxiety over the new clones, don't want to start out dealing with the destructive little buggers.:(

Congrats on Phase 2!

There still looks like what a lot of growers would consider a win. :)

I would take all of the rest and wash it well. Then sort out the most ripe from the less ripe and keep them for other uses. I'm with you on not wasting THC!
Thanks Shed. I was trying to be lazy. I'm 2/3 of the way done with hardly any mites. Lots of really good bud, too :)
I know what you were facing.:) The farther I cut buds down the stalk, the decision to keep going, kept answering itself for me. :) Those small less dense flowers were just super trich coated. :oops: I'm glad I kept most of it. :hmmmm::) Those little buds made good rosin. :bong:
I also understand the need to get things ready for a new grow.:hmmmm::rolleyes: I imagine the bugs are causing some anxiety over the new clones, don't want to start out dealing with the destructive little buggers.:(
The bud is really well formed all the way down, no fluffy white pistils here. Aging it over 100 days in flower helped ;)

Back
Top Bottom