We Can't Stop Here! This Is Bat Country

RedskinnedRhino

2023 came shuffling in, swinging a cane and looking for shit to get into, so
It's time to get my hands dirty again.
I'm on some wild shit this time, so I hope everyone can keep up without getting spun-out with all the run-around.
Recently I have been growing in my own Al Tapla style "gritty mix", mostly rocks and pine bark with some organics and amendments to keep it funky. It grows some nice thick roots and some damn fine herbs with no chance of a standing water-table, so I can water it like crazy without worrying about rotting my roots. This is what my current girls are growing in... but there are changes coming to the Rhino room! We about to get A SIP up in this biiiiiitch!
The next main grow will be in a 27gal Tote-SIP with a drain tile reservoir. I built that joker and filled it with a mix of FFOF, bone meal, Epsom salt, bat shit, bio-live, perlite, vermiculite, azomite, dolomite, and worm castings. Should be the bomb!

But back to my current ladies... they are pissed at me.
They were mother plants, then I had a tragic life event and stopped paying attention to them in the dead of winter...and they died.
They were just sticks with a couple leaves when i came back to reality, but I pulled out my hairy man-tit and nursed em back to life.
Then I left them broads and went on vacation for a week.
Now they're alive and well, but suffering from mag deficiency (from 10% humidity and no water for a week I'm guessing? ) and they're furious at my behavior.
Did I mention that I left them outside for a week and they flipped to flower, and then I brought them back inside and forced them back into veg??? Made em grow weird for a long time, with single fuzzy blades and such, but now they're back to normal.
I also acquired some colloidal silver... I'm going to cross these heffers! One grows buds that are 18inches tall and 3 inches wide, the other grows the most delicious flavor of orangey-skunk bud I've ever tasted... together I should find a pheno that grows foot-tall buds that taste like orange skunk right? Let's Fuck around and find out!

For the SIP I'm making some of that Korean Natural Farming brew that the LOS growers be squawking about - lactobacillus, Bokashi, IMO-4, fermented fruit, the egg shells in vinegar, the fish emulsion - the whole jablonski. Gonna grow a live mulch of white clover on my plastic pasture, throw in some worms and feed it all vegan, see what it do. Maybe I'll grow that Weed Supreme with extra fire sauce! Hahaha
I also built a bubble cloner, (from the instructional @Emilya Green was kind enough to post) to step up my weak ass clone-game.

TLDR; I got 2 monster cropped plants in the box that look like shit cause they were half dead. Gonna flower em out and cross breed em.
Built a bubble cloner and a SIP for the next grow and it'll be in my version of LOS and fed with KNF inputs.

20230102_064151.jpg

20230102_064208.jpg

20230102_064215.jpg

20230102_064325.jpg

20230102_191451.jpg

The phenos I want to cross... I believe the first one is called Tall-Boy (bag seed), and the second is an Orange Punch Mimosa... together they would build a skyscraper of primo greens...:drool:

20220901_232816.jpg

20220829_211118.jpg

20221027_180648.jpg

20221027_180541.jpg

Got my fly swatter here ready for the convertible ride to Vegas 🦇

Got my fly swatter here ready for the convertible ride to Vegas 🦇
Jump in! I was just about to pour this ether in the floorboard and roll up the windows... we'll float into Vegas on a cloud my man!

I am neither Samoan nor a lawyer...but I still want to see what happens!

I'm shotgunning with the new grow methodologies, gleefully stealing other's ideas and styles with no regard for their copyrights or vanity... but all these threads will tie into a glorious spiderweb of organic buds and sweet remembrance in a month or two. Then I'll blow kisses and tags to the gurus whose power I usurped along the way, showering them with internet love, for their unknowing contributions!
( I'll keep some backup dirt as a green parachute though. Shit hits the fan and back into the mud these ladies go!)

:ciao:
Hope your having a great day Amigo :high-five:
Not too bad, just laying around today, reading up on new tech and nurturing my delusions of grandeur...
Last day of my winter vacation is tomorrow. I had planned on taking off the entire month of January to get fat and lick my wounds, but these boaters are getting a "jump on the season" this year??
Maybe cause it's 67°.
Calling me for repairs, new engines, magic beans, 3 wishes... Makes no sense in January, but I won't argue that point with them. We're the toy repairmen and we're the dreamers of the dreams. We'll get it done baby!
How are you big dog? Still nursing a bad back, or you get your frame straightened out over the holidays?
I peek in at your grows as often as the universe will let me, but the damn thing moves 10 pages a day. How you manage to pull harvests at those arctic Canadian temps is beyond me...

Clones are looking good, cut a few too short but they don't seem to mind, stood back up this morning. Once they root we can begin the journey into cross breeding.

The big girls have bounced back from the mag def and are starting to crowd. I no likey too much touchy touchy in the box. My girls need their space (cause these broads stretch like crazy) so I'm going to flip them to 12/12 by the end of the week. I want to pack a little more silica into them for the next few weeks so their branches can handle some big buds, then when I see flowers I'll go Hammer-Time with the bloom booster.
My girls are typically on a high fat diet.
I feed the shit out of them with full strength prescription blend, bio-live, bat guano, molasses, a few crumbles of worm castings, silica, cal/mag, a dusting of azomite, and all the bloom booster they can take before they holler.
Adjusting amounts by eyeball and by my mood that day.
It works for me, I lack structure but I make up for it with enthusiasm...

20230102_235632.jpg

20230103_172046.jpg

20230103_171927.jpg

20230103_171936.jpg

20230103_171946.jpg

I'm shotgunning with the new grow methodologies, gleefully stealing other's ideas and styles with no regard for their copyrights or vanity... but all these threads will tie into a glorious spiderweb of organic buds and sweet remembrance in a month or two. Then I'll blow kisses and tags to the gurus whose power I usurped along the way, showering them with internet love, for their unknowing contributions!
( I'll keep some backup dirt as a green parachute though. Shit hits the fan and back into the mud these ladies go!)

Not too bad, just laying around today, reading up on new tech and nurturing my delusions of grandeur...
Last day of my winter vacation is tomorrow. I had planned on taking off the entire month of January to get fat and lick my wounds, but these boaters are getting a "jump on the season" this year??
Maybe cause it's 67°.
Calling me for repairs, new engines, magic beans, 3 wishes... Makes no sense in January, but I won't argue that point with them. We're the toy repairmen and we're the dreamers of the dreams. We'll get it done baby!
How are you big dog? Still nursing a bad back, or you get your frame straightened out over the holidays?
I peek in at your grows as often as the universe will let me, but the damn thing moves 10 pages a day. How you manage to pull harvests at those arctic Canadian temps is beyond me...
I decided to take my rso early yesterday.
It's like a big warm blanket.
Didn't get any work done. :rolleyes: fek.
The old bones ain't what they used to be.
But I'll get her done.
Howie needs to practice his grouting though.
I can't do everything.
Take care my friend.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

I decided to take my rso early yesterday.
It's like a big warm blanket.
Didn't get any work done. :rolleyes: fek.
The old bones ain't what they used to be.
But I'll get her done.
Howie needs to practice his grouting though.
I can't do everything.
Take care my friend.

As refined as Howie is, he'd probably be grouting with a Hugh Hefner pipe and robe, :reading420magazine:discussing the Nikkei index and his plans to restore a classic corvette after retirement...:rofl:

As refined as Howie is, he'd probably be grouting with a Hugh Hefner pipe and robe, :reading420magazine:discussing the Nikkei index and his plans to restore a classic corvette after retirement...:rofl:
:rofl: :rofl::rofl: Brilliant. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The rice wash inoculant has finished stewing. I taped up the jar and cut a window so I could peel that joker back and check it's progress (cause I'm impatient af) and the sequence is compete, I got the trifecta of layers and its ready for a milk bath.
A few trillion baby-medicine-sized syringes later and the process is complete. (Note to self... order bigger syringes)
Let's see what LABS is all about!

Next I'll build a box to make some IMO-1, and pickup some fruit for FFJ.
I want to make the fish sauce as well (I forget the acronym, I'm buzzed) but apparently it takes 6 months to process, so that's not a hot-button issue at the moment.

I won't bullshit you folks, I'm going to be hard pressed not to add occasional fertilizers and a truck load of bloom booster... that BB doesn't dick around and I respect its moxie. Keeping it out of the reservoir is going to require some steadfast dedication, somber meditation, a relapse sponsor, and a few calls to my pastor, just to keep me from indulging my weed-greed and throwing 2 heaping scoops of BB down the pipe...I need help yall!
..."hello, my name is Rhino... and I'm a Fertaholic. I've been clean a few days now and I'm feeling really guilty about my last relapse... spent my whole paycheck on 50grams of full strength Prescription Blend, cut with silica and cal/mag..."

20230104_214429.jpg

20230104_214438.jpg

20230104_214520.jpg

20230104_215744.jpg

I won't bullshit you folks, I'm going to be hard pressed not to add occasional fertilizers and a truck load of bloom booster... that BB doesn't dick around and I respect its moxie. Keeping it out of the reservoir is going to require some steadfast dedication, somber meditation, a relapse sponsor, and a few calls to my pastor, just to keep me from indulging my weed-greed and throwing 2 heaping scoops of BB down the pipe...I need help yall!
..."hello, my name is Rhino... and I'm a Fertaholic. I've been clean a few days now and I'm feeling really guilty about my last relapse... spent my whole paycheck on 50grams of full strength Prescription Blend, cut with silica and cal/mag..."
:rofl: 11:30 Pm and I just laughed out loud in a sleeping house :laughtwo:

I appreciate your sense of humor and your no holding back approach to growing!
Interested in following along if you don't mind

:rofl: 11:30 Pm and I just laughed out loud in a sleeping house :laughtwo:

I appreciate your sense of humor and your no holding back approach to growing!
Interested in following along if you don't mind
Jump on the buss Gus! Plenty of room in this Sideshow for a crowd.

I'm just sitting on a bucket in the garage at 5am, kicking around names for the hybrid plant. (Whenever I get to that point)
I'm fond of-
"Backdoor beauty??"
"Legal Council"
"Nothing here is fucked"
"Little Urban Achiever"
Or "You Can't Park Here"

... good thing the wife didn't let me name the kids, I was gonna name my son General. She said she couldn't have a child in the house that outranked her...

Filling in nicely after months of abuse and neglect. They are up to drinking a quart of full strength nutrient water every day, in my opinion that's hungry enough to be in the big show. Went ahead and changed the light schedule this morning, we're going into flower Baby!
I'm crazy interested to see how these monster cropped clones act when the hormones start flowing, they were so productive the first go-round, the suspense is eating me up!
(BTW, that rice wash inoculation from the last post smelled like old gym socks and the feet they rode in on, in case you end up making some)

20230105_052422.jpg

20230105_052417.jpg

Interesting journal mind if I tag along?

I like your, "I am the boss and you will grow approach". :rofl:

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
**Tosses "unnamed passenger #4" out the window**
I believe a seat just opened up!

I try to remain assertive with these broads, they are pushy and demanding little Heifers who expect you to read their minds about what they want and when. I grew up in a tribe full of Iron-fisted matriarchs - if you weren't toting a sturdy set of brass balls, they'd take your money and eat your lunch.
I'll have none of that nonsense in my arbor-cube!
(Don't tell them I said that though, you'll start a fight. :rofl:)

You crack me up @RedskinnedRhino - Appreciate your sense of humour, best of luck with this grow I'll be watching and learning as you go :)
Glad to have you big dog! We'll walk this yellow brick road together! I'm gonna step back and let my ADHD lead the way on this grow. Like a squirrel on the highway, we're gonna go bananas in 10 different directions until the very end.
It's either victory or vermicompost.

it's all green. No worries. The mag issue is in the rear view mirror. (The white residue on the leaves is from Epsom salt spray)
We'll see how it grows. I'm hoping for a good tall stretch.

20230108_002218.jpg

20230108_002338.jpg

20230108_002238.jpg

Back
Top Bottom