Corporate Sell-out Journal, Shady Deals For Banana Seeds From Seedsman

RedskinnedRhino

St. Peter don't you call me, cause I can't Go... I sold my Soul to the Company Store.

I got in bed with the Seedsman and 30 other growers for a long overdue grudge match. It's a fight to the death, for 5 seeds, 2 packs of rolling papers, and ultimate bragging rights. No holds barred, no weight classes, no referees. And BYOB!
I'm already juicing up my dirt, getting that good stuff right into the muscle.

(Just kidding, we're all in this grow together!)

We're gonna use 2 different Dirt boxes:

1. Pro mix, simple bagged potting soil, perlite, gypsum, lime (just a pinch!), bone meal, blood meal, insect frass (thanks Bill!), fermented alfalfa, humic acid, EWC, river rocks, pine chips.

2. My outdoor garden soil, mushroom compost, perlite, some worms I found in the yard. (Pretty simple)

I put some spiced up seedling soil at the bottom of a small pot (1/3 of my blended mix +2/3 seed starter) and filled the top with a coco-based seed starting mix. Coco works better for my infants, I have less issues with mold and damping off. I want my seeds in a blank mix until there is a nice chubby tap root, too much nutrient load too early stunts my seedling growth.

After some online work, I purloined a set of Sponsor LEDs for the cheap cheap. I haven't monkey wrenched them into place, but their time to shine is just around the corner. My big box already has a fine lil lady staying for the summer, so it was time to upgrade the "Corporate Espionage" box for this grow.

Enough chatter. Let's Roll!

(Bonus pic of a Strawberry Lemonade tester from the last go-round)

20240228_120542.jpg

20240228_120913.jpg

20240228_120211.jpg

20240228_121053.jpg

20240228_121701.jpg

20240319_055228.jpg

20240319_055945.jpg

20240319_060110.jpg

20240320_055940.jpg

St. Peter don't you call me, cause I can't Go... I sold my Soul to the Company Store.

I got in bed with the Seedsman and 30 other growers for a long overdue grudge match. It's a fight to the death, for 5 seeds, 2 packs of rolling papers, and ultimate bragging rights. No holds barred, no weight classes, no referees. And BYOB!
I'm already juicing up my dirt, getting that good stuff right into the muscle.

(Just kidding, we're all in this grow together!)

We're gonna use 2 different Dirt boxes:

1. Pro mix, simple bagged potting soil, perlite, gypsum, lime (just a pinch!), bone meal, blood meal, insect frass (thanks Bill!), fermented alfalfa, humic acid, EWC, river rocks, pine chips.

2. My outdoor garden soil, mushroom compost, perlite, some worms I found in the yard. (Pretty simple)

I put some spiced up seedling soil at the bottom of a small pot (1/3 of my blended mix +2/3 seed starter) and filled the top with a coco-based seed starting mix. Coco works better for my infants, I have less issues with mold and damping off. I want my seeds in a blank mix until there is a nice chubby tap root, too much nutrient load too early stunts my seedling growth.

After some online work, I purloined a set of Sponsor LEDs for the cheap cheap. I haven't monkey wrenched them into place, but their time to shine is just around the corner. My big box already has a fine lil lady staying for the summer, so it was time to upgrade the "Corporate Espionage" box for this grow.

Enough chatter. Let's Roll!

(Bonus pic of a Strawberry Lemonade tester from the last go-round)

20240228_120542.jpg

20240228_120913.jpg

20240228_120211.jpg

20240228_121053.jpg

20240228_121701.jpg

20240319_055228.jpg

20240319_055945.jpg

20240319_060110.jpg

20240320_055940.jpg
No bokashi or Myco? It’s good stuff and I got it from Bill too but I don’t layer it. Sounds like some good stuff you got going there too. CL🍀

No bokashi or Myco? It’s good stuff and I got it from Bill too but I don’t layer it. Sounds like some good stuff you got going there too. CL🍀
Ahoy Captain!
I used a fermented alfalfa instead of bokashi, it slaps hard in my outdoor garden - seems to produce a ton of nitrogen as it breaks down and its cheaper than dirt (literally) at my local feed store. My mycos are in the form of Great White, I add it to my water along with a splash of silica and kelp. I'm still shaking up the dice to try and find the exact blend I'll love forever and want to marry, but I think I'm in the ballpark. The next step is smoothing out the balance of liquid nutrients to make it sing in harmony!

That's a nice frosty dense nug that you have to help assist your soil prep!
Thank you sir! Had me sleeping like a baby, never made it off the couch. Woke up folded and creased like a balled up soft taco. 🚑🩼

Hey Buddy :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
How ya been Bill? I would know if I could keep up with your journal, but every time I check in, I always seem to be about 8 pages behind!

Ahoy Captain!
I used a fermented alfalfa instead of bokashi, it slaps hard in my outdoor garden - seems to produce a ton of nitrogen as it breaks down and its cheaper than dirt (literally) at my local feed store. My mycos are in the form of Great White, I add it to my water along with a splash of silica and kelp. I'm still shaking up the dice to try and find the exact blend I'll love forever and want to marry, but I think I'm in the ballpark. The next step is smoothing out the balance of liquid nutrients to make it sing in harmony!

Thank you sir! Had me sleeping like a baby, never made it off the couch. Woke up folded and creased like a balled up soft taco. 🚑🩼

How ya been Bill? I would know if I could keep up with your journal, but every time I check in, I always seem to be about 8 pages behind!
No problem my friend.
I'm way behind myself.
We all do our best. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Raise your hands up and Shout! Throw your head back and Shout! Come on now, Shout! Come on now, Shout! Don't forget to say you will! Don't forget to say you will!...

Life springs anew inside my metal framed garden cube. It's a dreary weeping rain in the real world, and I should still be wallowing in bed, dreaming of Chinese excavators and sweet potato pie. No matter, watching Bloomberg and watering plants can be just as cathartic as rem sleep for the drowsy patriarch.

Welcome to the world Banana girls! This won't be an easy ride, but we'll have some fun along the way!

20240323_024405.jpg

20240323_024359.jpg

20240323_023836.jpg

I should probably mention that I don't do funny stuff with seeds. I put seeds in dirt and wait. No scratching or soaking or paper towels or root nutrients. My rough mechanic hands don't do so well with tiny fragile life forms, so the less I handle things, the better.

Once the pot dries out, I'll water it with a 1/4tsp of Great White, a couple drops of kelp, and an ity-bity slap of silica.

More baby pictures from my wallet.

I never enjoy this phase. I'm a brute and a cad, I have very little use for babies. I do my Dad duties to make sure they get the love they need to thrive, but I like em better when they're big enough to play games. I'm a nice man on the outside, but a rusty old bastard at my core. I may have calcified with age, but No one's perfect, right? :rofl:

20240323_233243.jpg

And in a stealth SIP to boot!

I'll grab a seat over in the corner if there's room. Is there a help-yourself bowl of those nugs on the snack table? Asking for a friend. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice start and tester nug to go with the prep. Good prep helps make healthy seedlings. :ganjamon:
Ahoy Captain!
I used a fermented alfalfa instead of bokashi, it slaps hard in my outdoor garden - seems to produce a ton of nitrogen as it breaks down and its cheaper than dirt (literally) at my local feed store.
In what form can you find cheap, fermented alfalfa at a feed store? I use a liquid concentrate fermented alfalfa as a specialty product. It works great, I swear by it, but its expensive. Its an Austrian formulation.

Nice start and tester nug to go with the prep. Good prep helps make healthy seedlings. :ganjamon:

In what form can you find cheap, fermented alfalfa at a feed store? I use a liquid concentrate fermented alfalfa as a specialty product. It works great, I swear by it, but its expensive. Its an Austrian formulation.
Might be horse feed. :hmmmm: :) I think he's in horse country.:)

Probably easy enough to make yourself. I make fermented comfrey, stinging nettle, fish etc, Jadam style. I imagine alfalfa would work the same.

For the ones I make, I fill a container 10 parts non-chlorinated water to 1 part dried, dehydrated plant matter, add some microbes (I use worm castings) and let it sit on a shelf for a while. Burp and stir it every now and then to let the gases out, and in 3-4 weeks you can filter out the solids and have your finished product.

Might be horse feed. :hmmmm: :) I think he's in horse country.:)
It is Horse Feed!
A 40# bale of it is $18 at the Feed Store. I did the bokashi and other fun fermented stuff, but this is just easier - and it really seems to bring the soil to life as it breaks down.

And in a stealth SIP to boot!

I'll grab a seat over in the corner if there's room. Is there a help-yourself bowl of those nugs on the snack table? Asking for a friend. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I get those little SIP planters at the Dollar Store! I love em! (Although inflation has driven them to $1.25)

Had a cold, wet, and frustrating day. We're so far behind on work that we had no choice but to slug it out in the rain. I'm all wound up. Gonna smoke a gigantic doober in the bunker and try to mellow out. I live a high stress existence, no rest, no down time, as little sleep as possible without hallucinating - so time alone in the garden shed after the family goes to bed... it's vital.
Speaking of stuff I need -
I bought another boat. I can't help it, I'm sick. It's like a 22ft something or other, but it's clean as a pin and packing a fuel injected Mercruiser 350mag - and that's what matters. Got it for a song.
Enough about me, check out these little jokers, growing their hearts out. I'm going to hang their new lights and move them to the big room this weekend. Till then, they'll just have to live with the seedlings.

20240327_051213.jpg

20240327_051217.jpg

20240327_051221.jpg

We're moving on up, to the east side, to a deluxe apartment in the sky...

20240330_225942.jpg

20240330_225946.jpg

20240330_225950.jpg
Looking good!
I had to supplement cal mag early on so, might be something to keep an eye on.

Back
Top Bottom