Olddog Newtrick's Seedsman, Banana Jealousy, SIP/Quadline Comparative Grow

Olddog Newtrick

Welcome to my first Seedsman comparative grow!
I’ve been excited to do one of these since I found out they exist, it should be a lot of fun!
I’m still a new grower and am thankful to be included!

SeedsMan Banana Jealousy

Description:
Banana Jealousy is a three-way hybrid cross of Banana Cream, Jealousy and Gelato 41 strains. This is a high-yielding strain that is relatively easy to grow such that even complete novices can have great success with it in all environments.

Banana Jealousy plants grow tall and can exceed 200cm. in height, especially when grown outdoors. Indoors, flowering takes between 8 - 10 weeks with high production between 450 - 600 gr/m2. Outdoors, or in a greenhouse, each plant can produce up to 750 gr. in ideal conditions. Suitable climates for outdoor cultivation include temperate, warm and hot regions. Northern hemisphere harvests will be ready in late September / early October while those in the southern hemisphere should be ready to harvest in March. While resistance to mould is fairly high these plants are very loud and indoor growers are advised to use good carbon air filters.

Plants produce plenty of resin and are therefore excellent for extract production. Growers can expect fruity scents and flavours (sweet, banana, Skunk) with THC levels of up to 28% while CBD is low at less than 1%, making this a very potent strain.

Characteristics: Brand/breeder: Seedsman

Parental lines: Banana Cream X Jealousy X Gelato 41

Variety: Hybrid

Color: Purple | Light Green

Flowering type: Photoperiod

Sex: Feminized

THC content: Very High (25%+)

CBD content: Low (0-1%)

Yield indoor: High (450-600gr/M2)

Plant height: Tall (>200cm)

Photoperiod flowering time: 8 To 10 weeks

Suitable climates: Cool | Dry | Hot | Warm

Odor: High

Mold resistance: Medium

Bud density (1=loose & leafy, 5=ultra dense): 4

Good for extracts: High

Aroma: Fruity | Skunky

Grow Environment Details:
I will be growing indoors, starting in a 30” x 3’ then 2' x 4' for veg and flower

Grow Medium:
Starting in Fox Farms Strawberry Fields transplanting into Fox Farms Ocean Forest

Watering method:
Automated self watering with PH’d RO

Nutrients: Fox Farms Dirty Dozen+

Containers:
Homemade auto fill SIP

Lighting:
germ/seedling: Spider Farmer SF 2000
Veg: Growers Choice ROI E200
Flower: HLG 260 Rspec

Germination method: 12 hour soak in distilled water, or until they have sunk to the bottom, then into damp paper towel.

Training: Quadlining and topping

Room/Tent Temperature: 72-78°
Relative Humidity: 80-65%
Media/Res PH: 6.5

Seeds arrived on a Monday and by Friday we had green above soil so we are off to a good start.
Quite a bit of this is going to be a big experiment between the homemade SIP, autofill, and my first time training so it will definitely be fun.
I hope you all enjoy it and follow along.

Special thanks to @Lady Cannafan for letting me steal and butcher her intro.

IMG_3077.jpeg

IMG_3082.jpeg

IMG_3084.jpeg

IMG_3094.jpeg

IMG_3095.jpeg

IMG_3099.jpeg

IMG_3100.jpeg

IMG_3101.jpeg

IMG_3111.jpeg

Welcome to my first Seedsman comparative grow!
I’ve been excited to do one of these since I found out they exist, it should be a lot of fun!
I’m still a new grower and am thankful to be included!

SeedsMan Banana Jealousy

Description:
Banana Jealousy is a three-way hybrid cross of Banana Cream, Jealousy and Gelato 41 strains. This is a high-yielding strain that is relatively easy to grow such that even complete novices can have great success with it in all environments.

Banana Jealousy plants grow tall and can exceed 200cm. in height, especially when grown outdoors. Indoors, flowering takes between 8 - 10 weeks with high production between 450 - 600 gr/m2. Outdoors, or in a greenhouse, each plant can produce up to 750 gr. in ideal conditions. Suitable climates for outdoor cultivation include temperate, warm and hot regions. Northern hemisphere harvests will be ready in late September / early October while those in the southern hemisphere should be ready to harvest in March. While resistance to mould is fairly high these plants are very loud and indoor growers are advised to use good carbon air filters.

Plants produce plenty of resin and are therefore excellent for extract production. Growers can expect fruity scents and flavours (sweet, banana, Skunk) with THC levels of up to 28% while CBD is low at less than 1%, making this a very potent strain.

Characteristics: Brand/breeder: Seedsman

Parental lines: Banana Cream X Jealousy X Gelato 41

Variety: Hybrid

Color: Purple | Light Green

Flowering type: Photoperiod

Sex: Feminized

THC content: Very High (25%+)

CBD content: Low (0-1%)

Yield indoor: High (450-600gr/M2)

Plant height: Tall (>200cm)

Photoperiod flowering time: 8 To 10 weeks

Suitable climates: Cool | Dry | Hot | Warm

Odor: High

Mold resistance: Medium

Bud density (1=loose & leafy, 5=ultra dense): 4

Good for extracts: High

Aroma: Fruity | Skunky

Grow Environment Details:
I will be growing indoors, starting in a 30” x 3’ then 2' x 4' for veg and flower

Grow Medium:
Starting in Fox Farms Strawberry Fields transplanting into Fox Farms Ocean Forest

Watering method:
Automated self watering with PH’d RO

Nutrients: Fox Farms Dirty Dozen+

Containers:
Homemade auto fill SIP

Lighting:
germ/seedling: Spider Farmer SF 2000
Veg: Growers Choice ROI E200
Flower: HLG 260 Rspec

Germination method: 12 hour soak in distilled water, or until they have sunk to the bottom, then into damp paper towel.

Training: Quadlining and topping

Room/Tent Temperature: 72-78°
Relative Humidity: 80-65%
Media/Res PH: 6.5

Seeds arrived on a Monday and by Friday we had green above soil so we are off to a good start.
Quite a bit of this is going to be a big experiment between the homemade SIP, autofill, and my first time training so it will definitely be fun.
I hope you all enjoy it and follow along.

Special thanks to @Lady Cannafan for letting me steal and butcher her intro.

IMG_3077.jpeg

IMG_3082.jpeg

IMG_3084.jpeg

IMG_3094.jpeg

IMG_3095.jpeg

IMG_3099.jpeg

IMG_3100.jpeg

IMG_3101.jpeg

IMG_3111.jpeg
I've never seen this sorta grow used before SIP method. Imma gonna follow along thank you

Glad to see you all here already!
Haven’t gotten around to dropping tags yet… lol

Forgot to post my update!
Not much to report really, did some testing on the sip, got a couple leaks to address, my RO auto shutoff was whining like mad and got that issue resolved. The girls look good and are coming along as expected. Pics are from yesterday at the 5 day mark. I’ll update with a one week update tomorrow evening.
Guess I should start preparing for the transplant, I would like to do it this weekend but don’t know if the girls will be ready.

IMG_3116.jpeg

Haven’t made the time yet to show these girls the love they deserve but, with the plans I have for them, that should be made up in spades.
I have managed to keep them alive thus far and for tiny things I think they look great!
Should be next weekend I’ll be considering an up pot.

IMG_3155.jpeg

So, I’ve been trying to figure out how I want to acclimate these girls to bottom feeding in preparation for the sip. From what I read in the sip thread, they can stall out as they transition and I want to try to minimize this.
First I had to do some hippy math. When watering my 5 gallon fabric pots, it took just over a half gallon to get runoff. That’s 10%.
Solo cups are 18 oz. So that’s 1.8 oz to runoff.
I don’t want to drown them so I figured if I only put 1.8 oz in a bowl, and let it soak up through the soil, and let them dry for a day after, I “shouldn’t “ overwater them.
So, I tried to steal 2 of our new Rubbermaid containers, and got caught. Luckily I’m faster than I am sneaky. Turns out, these containers are marked at 100ml…. More math. 1.8 oz rounded up works out to be right around 60ml.
I pour in the 60 ml of RO water ph’d at 6.5 and the solo displaces the water to exactly the 100ml mark. Perfect! Makes it easy to see exactly how much water to add. I can weigh the cups to make sure they are ready for water again, and fill the res up to the mark.
I filled em right before lights out and will check them before and after work and we’ll see how they respond.
That’s s where I’m at, hope y’all have a great day!
Thanks for stopping by!

IMG_3166.jpeg

IMG_3165.jpeg

So, I’ve been trying to figure out how I want to acclimate these girls to bottom feeding in preparation for the sip. From what I read in the sip thread, they can stall out as they transition and I want to try to minimize this.
First I had to do some hippy math. When watering my 5 gallon fabric pots, it took just over a half gallon to get runoff. That’s 10%.
Solo cups are 18 oz. So that’s 1.8 oz to runoff.
I don’t want to drown them so I figured if I only put 1.8 oz in a bowl, and let it soak up through the soil, and let them dry for a day after, I “shouldn’t “ overwater them.
So, I tried to steal 2 of our new Rubbermaid containers, and got caught. Luckily I’m faster than I am sneaky. Turns out, these containers are marked at 100ml…. More math. 1.8 oz rounded up works out to be right around 60ml.
I pour in the 60 ml of RO water ph’d at 6.5 and the solo displaces the water to exactly the 100ml mark. Perfect! Makes it easy to see exactly how much water to add. I can weigh the cups to make sure they are ready for water again, and fill the res up to the mark.
I filled em right before lights out and will check them before and after work and we’ll see how they respond.
That’s s where I’m at, hope y’all have a great day!
Thanks for stopping by!

IMG_3166.jpeg

IMG_3165.jpeg
They are both looking sassy and happily green! I hate math. Glad someone has it down. LOL

Getting big quick!
Seems like they are taking to the bottom feeding well. I may have to up pot this weekend at this pace.

IMG_3184.jpeg

IMG_3185.jpeg

Just gave em a midnight up pot to 1 gallon pots and a good watering in.
I noticed some discoloration on the lowes single blade leaves already.
Hopefully there is something they like in this ocean forest they just went in.
Readjusted lights and added an hour of dark then recalculated the DLI.
Now we wait and watch for a few more days.
The roots looked good so I’m still hopeful.

Just gave em a midnight up pot to 1 gallon pots and a good watering in.
I noticed some discoloration on the lowes single blade leaves already.
Hopefully there is something they like in this ocean forest they just went in.
Readjusted lights and added an hour of dark then recalculated the DLI.
Now we wait and watch for a few more days.
The roots looked good so I’m still hopeful.
Typed this Saturday night and didn’t hit post

And forgot to add the photo twice… lol :bongrip:

IMG_3187.jpeg

The slight leaf discoloration. Thanks to @Lady Cannafan I’m pretty sure it’s calcium deficiency.. I’ll add some cal mag next time I water.
5th node is just coming up so, we’ll be topping soon then the games begin! Pretty excited to get this ball rolling.

IMG_3188.jpeg

Just wanted to point out that the ocean soil has calcium in it, it's loaded with enough amendments already that you shouldn't have to add any for a little bit. That's just something I read on the FoxFarm site. So light nutes, however, I'm not telling you how to grow I think you're doing great!

Just wanted to point out that the ocean soil has calcium in it, it's loaded with enough amendments already that you shouldn't have to add any for a little bit. That's just something I read on the FoxFarm site. So light nutes, however, I'm not telling you how to grow I think you're doing great!
Yeah, the strawberry fields I started em in has 1% calcium as well but I still have the discoloration. But like I said, I’ll see if they respond favorably to the up pot before I do anything. The pots were still heavy tonight and the plants look good so, no action was taken.
Thanks for looking out!
I need someone to keep an eye on me… lol

Back
Top Bottom