A Twisted Tale of Banana Jealousy: Raw & Unpeeled (OGpapa's Version)

That's great to know! Thank you! Keeping my eye on that one!
I have used Build a Soil Craft Blend and I think thats a great idea. I have some good organic compost from a local source so Ill probably add that to the old soil with some Craft Blend, worm castings, and perlite. I was not confident about trusting my cannabis to the recycled soil, but Ive been planting flowers in recycled soil for a long time with fine results. In fact for flowers I just add a little compost and go, then feed them weekly throughout the season.

I have used Build a Soil Craft Blend and I think thats a great idea. I have some good organic compost from a local source so Ill probably add that to the old soil with some Craft Blend, worm castings, and perlite. I was not confident about trusting my cannabis to the recycled soil, but Ive been planting flowers in recycled soil for a long time with fine results. In fact for flowers I just add a little compost and go, then feed them weekly throughout the season.
As long as there is no disease or nasty pests in the soil, Living organic soil should just get better with use as long as you keep it fed. I am probably on my sixth or seventh grow with my current soil.

Yes. You can totally have a successful garden indoors or out using upcycled soil. If you amend yours, then you could probably feed less.

I did some strawberries, and cherry tomatoes last year with amazing results.

Definitely looking into soil analysis tho, I live in the mountains of the Ozarks. I figured the soil has to be more nutrient reach here, than I originally thought. But I was super skeptical in the beginning.

Now if I could just control the heat waves.

Yes. You can totally have a successful garden indoors or out using upcycled soil. If you amend yours, then you could probably feed less.

I did some strawberries, and cherry tomatoes last year with amazing results.

Definitely looking into soil analysis tho, I live in the mountains of the Ozarks. I figured the soil has to be more nutrient reach here, than I originally thought. But I was super skeptical in the beginning.

Now if I could just control the heat waves.
Ozarks eh?
I’m west of St. Louis. We aren’t that far apart.

Going bananas here! Ladies are getting THICK. They are now on full dosage of nutrients. The last bit of the ultra all in one.

Strain: Banana Jealously
Genetics: Hybrid

Stage: Veg
Measurement: coming soon
Medium: Cannibalized soil
Pot Size: 2.5gal Biodegradable Bag

Space: 4x8 grow tent - Herb Grotto
Temperature: 79f
Humidity: 69%
VPD: 1.01kpa

Light: @VIVOSUN VSF6450
Light Height: 46 inches
Power Level:90%
DLI: 23-30 across canopy

Water: 20oz of water every other day

PH Water: 6.4

Feeding: 25ml p/gal

* Feed - Tps Ultra Veg - all in one
Recommended per manufacturer feed rate 25ml per gal

Pest: None

Deficiency: slight cal/mag

Toxicity: none

Let's get it going!

The grotto has been rearranged and the ladies are loving it!

Ba Da Ba Ba Bah

Measurements, for the ladies. Updated personal photos, top, and front views.

Tip to tip for width. Dirt to top leaf 🌿 for height.

#1 13 inches wide x 4.75 inches tall
#2 13.25 inches wide x 5.5 inches tall
#3 12.5 inches wide x 7.75 inches tall
#5 14 inches wide x 6.75 inches wide.

Stage: Veg 18/6

Measurement: 4/2/2024 post #108

Temperature: 69f

Humidity: 71%

VPD: .67kpa

Light Height: 52 inches

Power Level:80%

DLI: 22-25 across canopy

Time: 18/6

Water: none

PH Water: none

Feeding: none

* Feed - Tps Ultra Veg - all in one
Recommended per manufacturer feed rate 25ml per gal

Let's get it going!

The feed has arrived! This will be replacing TPS ultra veg bloom. While it was an all in one easy option. I felt as large as my plants run I was using enormous amounts of all in one. Which is fine. But the plants always looked hungrier. Given the size of my previous gardens. It makes since. But I'm trying to go in a more complete direction, that I can control more of what each watering needs vs. all in one that may or may not be giving enough of one thing or another.

So I've chosen products that I believe will benefit the way I grow. I was surprised watering the og garden hobo ladies yesterday, I used 1/4 of the amount of pH down vs prior nutrients.. . . .

20240402_152000.jpg

20240402_152058.jpg

20240402_152228.jpg

The feed has arrived! This will be replacing TPS ultra veg bloom. While it was an all in one easy option. I felt as large as my plants run I was using enormous amounts of all in one. Which is fine. But the plants always looked hungrier. Given the size of my previous gardens. It makes since. But I'm trying to go in a more complete direction, that I can control more of what each watering needs vs. all in one that may or may not be giving enough of one thing or another.

So I've chosen products that I believe will benefit the way I grow. I was surprised watering the og garden hobo ladies yesterday, I used 1/4 of the amount of pH down vs prior nutrients.. . . .

20240402_152000.jpg

20240402_152058.jpg

20240402_152228.jpg
Can’t wait to see how these work
Is their a chart to it or do you just react to the plants needs?
Being a noob that’s one reason I went with the fox farms dirty dozen. It had a chart and looked like it had everything I’d need…

20240402_152000.jpg

20240402_152058.jpg

20240402_152228.jpg
Plants are lookong awesome OG-P 😎.

And that's one hell of a nutrient line.... Props to you for tackling the mixing and such... Im to much of a space cadet and need an all-in-one.....with colored picture instructions :laugh:

:headbanger:

Plants are lookong awesome OG-P 😎.

And that's one hell of a nutrient line.... Props to you for tackling the mixing and such... Im to much of a space cadet and need an all-in-one.....with colored picture instructions :laugh:

:headbanger:
Thank you! Me too! I like pictures! But my plants are like 'hey mother fucker. Your shorting me on my nutrients! Dont make me cut you!

Can’t wait to see how these work
Is their a chart to it or do you just react to the plants needs?
Being a noob that’s one reason I went with the fox farms dirty dozen. It had a chart and looked like it had everything I’d need…
My laminated chart. I'm a nerd. Keeps things a bit nicer longer!
17122670658382569065765241397515.jpg

Most nutrients I've seen come with instructions. There has been a few with vague instructions. I don't necessarily need the chart but it is nice to have a base line for what the plants should be ingesting.

I skipped root boost because I run dynomyco, and now TPS billions. I figured it wasn't needed and my roots are always healthy healthy anyways.

I also skipped the canopy boost. I figured it was redundant. As other products In the line can be used as foliar if needed. If not I like to use banana peel tea. Although I'm not a huge fan of foliar. I've seen benefits. But I've also dealt with higher humidity, so it worries me on the back end about mold growth.

My laminated chart. I'm a nerd. Keeps things a bit nicer longer!
17122670658382569065765241397515.jpg

Most nutrients I've seen come with instructions. There has been a few with vague instructions. I don't necessarily need the chart but it is nice to have a base line for what the plants should be ingesting.

I skipped root boost because I run dynomyco, and now TPS billions. I figured it wasn't needed and my roots are always healthy healthy anyways.

I also skipped the canopy boost. I figured it was redundant. As other products In the line can be used as foliar if needed. If not I like to use banana peel tea. Although I'm not a huge fan of foliar. I've seen benefits. But I've also dealt with higher humidity, so it worries me on the back end about mold growth.
I often wonder about these feed charts, OGP.

Some prefer to modify doses based on ratios of NPK and other micronutrients to get to where they like to be. And it works!

But then I think, why would a company that's trying to sell you their product publish feeding schedules that are not ideal for their product? I know that with any schedule one may have to make some adjustments due to the behavior of the plant or other factors. Still, I've got to wonder if following the manufacturer's schedule (with minor variations) will lead one to a total disaster of a grow? My gut says no.

Sorry, I'm thinking out loud here.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you do with the new juice! :Rasta:

I often wonder about these feed charts, OGP.

Some prefer to modify doses based on ratios of NPK and other micronutrients to get to where they like to be. And it works!

But then I think, why would a company that's trying to sell you their product publish feeding schedules that are not ideal for their product? I know that with any schedule one may have to make some adjustments due to the behavior of the plant or other factors. Still, I've got to wonder if following the manufacturer's schedule (with minor variations) will lead one to a total disaster of a grow? My gut says no.

Sorry, I'm thinking out loud here.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you do with the new juice! :Rasta:
100% I've seen plants die on Feed charts, I've seen plants thrive, and I've seen them starve.

My biggest thing is observation. Observation of every aspect. I'm like a helicopter parent. It's probably easy because all my kids are grown and gone. Gives me time to stalk my plants.

Feed charts are to be taken with a grain Of salt.

I see recommended doses and I have started at half dose in the past. Jus to ease into it. But doing so also creates issues, because your starving the plant usually.

What I've noticed is manufacturers recommend levels that push you to use more than what's needed, so they sell more product. Which will give you bigger plants but can also cause so many other issues.

What I like with a more complete nutrient line is being able to control certain aspects of your feed blend.

My last few runs have been great but, have drastically depleted p-k in flower. So I've looked for ways to keep healthier soil, and microbes to condition the soil so it can plow thru flower!.

Fingers crossed! 🍀

Trucking along. Weather has stabilized. New feed has been introduced.

We did have the water tank explosion happen a few days ago. That was exciting!

But most exciting of all! The Eclipse baby! Ya imma nerd! 😎 No glasses today🤓 straight retina burning!

Stage: Veg 18/6

Measurement: 4/2/2024 post #108

Temperature: 72f

Humidity: 63%

VPD: .97kpa

Light Height: 52 inches

Power Level:80%

DLI: 22-25 across canopy

Time: 18/6

Water: .25gal each

PH Water from source: 8.5

Feeding: TPS A and B 5ml/gal each, TPS silica gold 2ml/gal, TPS Calmag OAC 2ml/gal, TPS N-Primer 3ml/gal, TPS Billions 1/4 teaspoon/gal

PH after nutrients: 7.5
PH down to achieve nominal 1.4ml/gal
PH After: 6.2

Let's get it going!

b65a6b06a276bb3cf64d5e6a45847acf.gif

Plants look great! What is that background? That's wiiiillld. :)
Thank you! Just trying to keep up with all the other beautiful @SeedsMan plants!

That is one of my mixed medium projects. Loved that painting. Then came my roof leak a few months back. Mold for the best of it, I was gonna toss it, but decided to soak it in bleach to save it. Came out weird, but I'm all about different. So she lives to see another day!

Before the mold and bleach bath
Screenshot_20240408_131430_Photos.jpg

Thank you! Just trying to keep up with all the other beautiful @SeedsMan plants!

That is one of my mixed medium projects. Loved that painting. Then came my roof leak a few months back. Mold for the best of it, I was gonna toss it, but decided to soak it in bleach to save it. Came out weird, but I'm all about different. So she lives to see another day!

Before the mold and bleach bath
Screenshot_20240408_131430_Photos.jpg
That's a keeper. Would love to have that around when I munch on shrooms. LOL
Sorry about the roof leak. I have some repairs to do again in a couple weeks. I HATE being on that roof, but homeowners have jobs. LOL

That's a keeper. Would love to have that around when I munch on shrooms. LOL
Sorry about the roof leak. I have some repairs to do again in a couple weeks. I HATE being on that roof, but homeowners have jobs. LOL
Lady C, you go up and do actual roofing work?

Holy crap. What a catch you would be! :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom