Olddog Newtrick's Seedsman, Banana Jealousy, SIP/Quadline Comparative Grow

All caught up! I don't how I missed this. Apparently it wasn't on my feed. Part of being a ghost, if just watching in the back. Your past no0b now. No excuses! Timing is always a p.i.t.a

The buckets are amazing. Well worth it. Seen many growers leave and never look back. This will definitely help your watering game.

While I can say your plants did look over watered at one point, they almost look dehydrated, limp. What's the temperature and humidity in their area? Got a fan on them?

Jus curious.

Just when I think I've watered to much with these ladies, the leaves drop plant looks unhappy. I check them next day bone dry again. I'm having to water about every 30-36hrs. Then about 10hrs after watering I get beautiful praying hands, then within a few hours the drop starts. Hopefully 5gal bag will slow them down a bit cause it will hold more water. Papas tired.

All caught up! I don't how I missed this. Apparently it wasn't on my feed. Part of being a ghost, if just watching in the back. Your past no0b now. No excuses! Timing is always a p.i.t.a

The buckets are amazing. Well worth it. Seen many growers leave and never look back. This will definitely help your watering game.

While I can say your plants did look over watered at one point, they almost look dehydrated, limp. What's the temperature and humidity in their area? Got a fan on them?

Jus curious.

Just when I think I've watered to much with these ladies, the leaves drop plant looks unhappy. I check them next day bone dry again. I'm having to water about every 30-36hrs. Then about 10hrs after watering I get beautiful praying hands, then within a few hours the drop starts. Hopefully 5gal bag will slow them down a bit cause it will hold more water. Papas tired.
That’s EXACTLY what I’m getting now. I’m weighing them every day now and feeding every other water. I fed last night, a half gallon between 2 plants in one gallon pots seemed like a lot but, they took it greedily. Seems like at night, before lights out, the leaves want to canoe closed but they may just be conserving water by that point because I usually have to water the next morning.
If gonna try to finish the final details on the sips today and hopefully up pot them tonight.
In fact I’m gonna get up and work on em right now.

Jus curious.

Forgot to answer your question
Daytime temperature is 78-80
And I was keeping the humidity at around 65 but turned the humidifier off last night so today’s it’s around 55.

I adjusted the auto shut off to keep a half gallon (2200 ml actually) in the res. A lot of people say you should only keep the res half full at the beginning and most 5 gallon sips have a 1 gallon res so…
That only leaves about an inch of the wick foot net pot in contact with water but, since it will maintain that amount constantly I’m not sure it matters. I can always add more via the fill tube, and I have enough headspace before overflow that I can add a half gallon at a time for adding cal/mag or whatever. I’m also going to be feeding from the top twice a week so that should keep the top from drying out too bad.
It all works in my head, we’ll see if it translates.
Gotta chase a couple leaks and test my fill gauge, then gonna fill the pot, get a weight, then we’ll get some dirt wet. I’ll let it soak overnight and check moisture tomorrow. If all is good, I’ll stuff some plants in em.

IMG_3316.jpeg

I think the girls look good enough for an up pot.
Running out of room to train them so, in the sip they go.

IMG_3318.jpeg

IMG_3317.jpeg

Nice recovery! Looking forward to seeing the progress after the "procedure". :)
Thanks, hated to clip those big fans this early but, we can only go forward!

Fusi got some nice roots and a new home!
Cana is up next!

IMG_3319.jpeg

IMG_3320.jpeg

IMG_3321.jpeg

IMG_3322.jpeg

Well, that took longer than expected but.. it’s done. They barely fit in the little tent and I have very little headroom. Without the training, they would be too tall. Had to steal the big external humidifier and get the little one out to fit them both in there. This should buy me a couple weeks while I wait for the other tents to free up.
Then everything gets rearranged again, hopefully for the last time.
I do not have the external res hooked to these yet so, for now, we’re on manual mode.

IMG_3326.jpeg

Everyone was pointing in the right direction this morning. Par was bumped to 500 last night before lights off and humidity set to 65-70.
I had to add seem to the res this morning so, that means it’s wicking since there’s no roots down there yet. Curious to see how much will be taken up each day.

IMG_3328.jpeg

IMG_3327.jpeg

They have been a little limp since going into the sip but, with the amount of water added at up pot, it’s pretty much expected.
They have grown visibly in 2 days and I’ve had to keep adjusting the tie downs.
Seems like they are wicking well which I was concerned about. The surface stayed damp for about 36 hours after the top watering.
They need fed but, I’m trying to hold off any more liquids to see if they stiffen up and hopefully start praying. I’ve added close to a gallon each since the start up so, I’d think we have a gradient established. The next couple days should tell me a lot and we’ll see if the amount I have to add is consistent or if it’s still taking water to establish a gradient.

IMG_3351.jpeg

IMG_3350.jpeg

Day 36
Growth is going well.. still a little droopy and they didn’t need water this morning. Color is a little more pale than I like to see. They need fed, but with the droop I’m torn between feeding them and leaving them be.
Fusi has some purple along the edges of a few of her leaves. I’ve looked in the guides and have found nothing on what it could be.
If you have any ideas, please let me know.

IMG_3352.jpeg

IMG_3353.jpeg

IMG_3354.jpeg

IMG_3355.jpeg

IMG_3356.jpeg

IMG_3357.jpeg

Magnesium deficiency, plays a vital role in chlorophyll production and photosynthesis. A lack of magnesium can cause purple or reddish discoloration in cannabis leaves, typically starting from the leaf edges. Use magnesium-rich supplements or foliar sprays to correct deficiencies.

Magnesium deficiency, plays a vital role in chlorophyll production and photosynthesis. A lack of magnesium can cause purple or reddish discoloration in cannabis leaves, typically starting from the leaf edges. Use magnesium-rich supplements or foliar sprays to correct deficiencies.

I’ve been adding cal mag with the watering, I guess I’ll add it to the feedings as well.
Thanks!

The only thing that comes to mind for me when the leaves start turning that light to lime green is a nitrogen deficiency.
The top soil looks pretty dry, but if you are confident they've had enough watering then that's good.
Let's see what others say, I have had nitrogen troubles in past grows that looked like this.
Yeah I kinda thought the same on the light coloring.
The top of the soil was still damp last night. I’ll mix up a small batch of nutes. I think I’ll try to back off on something and bump up the nitrogen portion.. and add cal mag
Thanks!

Just in the area @Olddog Newtrick , and thought I stop in to see how things are going.

Just don't make sudden changes.
You are doing well, so take that as a compliment and continue to do what you are doing.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Thanks for stopping by my man! I appreciate the compliment!

Yeah I kinda thought the same on the light coloring.
The top of the soil was still damp last night. I’ll mix up a small batch of nutes. I think I’ll try to back off on something and bump up the nitrogen portion.. and add cal mag
Thanks!
The purple edges could be a couple of things, phosphorus deficiency or watering issues. It's so iffy sometimes. :rolleyes:
Or as OG said, magnesium.

The purple edges could be a couple of things, phosphorus deficiency or watering issues. It's so iffy sometimes. :rolleyes:
Or as OG said, magnesium.
Yeah, I’ve read everything from, it’s normal to multiple deficiencies.
Constantly chasing deficiencies is getting old though, especially with as much as I’m feeding them. Either I need to get this schedule worked out or try a different nute line. With the size of the buds from the other grows, I’m pretty happy with the results. I think I just need to tweak the way I do things a bit.

Back
Top Bottom