Texomagrass Grow #1 WWA 9-6-2018

This might be a little better shot
20181114_160001.jpg

There are some good tutorials on the web, I use a 20x loupe and try to find the whitest light possible, but not so bright as it's glaring. Never been able to take photos of them. Plants usually go amber from the sugar leafs inward. I wait till it's uniform across the plant and not just on the sugars.

There are some good tutorials on the web, I use a 20x loupe and try to find the whitest light possible, but not so bright as it's glaring. Never been able to take photos of them. Plants usually go amber from the sugar leafs inward. I wait till it's uniform across the plant and not just on the sugars.

I'm using a 10x telephoto thru a 5x magnifier for the pics. Hardest part is holding them steady. Need to set up the tripod but I'm lazy...

Good point about the sugar leaves. On an 8 week plant, I have seen amber on the sugar leaves at 6 weeks. They can be confusing

These two Grow Bibles are my study material (along with 420Magazine forums). I realize there may be more up-to-date authors with newer techniques but I've been following these guys since the early 80's and their methods for growing are still tried and true and some of the best in my opinion.
Ed Rosenthal - Jorge Cervantes
20181031_220702.jpg

While harvesting the Bag Seed plant I found 'nanners' on 3 other buds from the same branch. Poor plant was injured by me and I didn't pay close enough attention to what happened. I was giving the two other plants the majority of my attention. I had tied and pulled this branch back to allow more light into the lower buds. When doing so I actually split the stalk. I am also at fault for not supporting the weight of the buds on the three branches. I felt that the plant was strong enough and not big enough for that to have been an issue and apparently I was mistaken.
All 3 plants harvested. I have them hanging separated by plant. I will post a total weight by plant once they are dry. The only thing I weighed wet is the cola on WW2 @ 28.2g.
I think the root balls were impressive, they completely filled the fiber pots on all three plants. I will be putting the two new White Widows in the large pots at transplant.

Wet trimming- wow what a sticky freaking mess that is. What's the best way to clean this resin off the trimmers?
I put all of the trim in a freezer Ziploc and put it in the freezer. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I don't know much about extraction or what have you. Something else to learn I guess.

Do you guys reuse soil? This is soil with perlite no coco or anything. I thought about mixing this in with new soil at a 4 new to 1 ratio.

Here's some pics-
20181129_112605.jpg

20181129_112654.jpg

20181129_204151.jpg

White Widow 3 and White Widow 4 are in veg. Both are autos from CKS.
1 GSC regular in seedling stage. Gift from a friend.

Will veg under the 385 watts CFL and flower under HPS. Not sure which wattage 400 or 600. I'm not ready for 1000 watts.

Will use Dyna Gro nutes. Currently- Grow at 1/2 and Pro-Tekt full.
GSC is on water only.

Soil on all 3 plants was drenched with K-L-N and Pro-Tekt solution prior to planting sprouts.

White Widow 3 and 4 on Nov 19
20181119_125440.jpg

All 3 today
20181129_211734.jpg

While harvesting the Bag Seed plant I found 'nanners' on 3 other buds from the same branch. Poor plant was injured by me and I didn't pay close enough attention to what happened. I was giving the two other plants the majority of my attention. I had tied and pulled this branch back to allow more light into the lower buds. When doing so I actually split the stalk. I am also at fault for not supporting the weight of the buds on the three branches. I felt that the plant was strong enough and not big enough for that to have been an issue and apparently I was mistaken.
All 3 plants harvested. I have them hanging separated by plant. I will post a total weight by plant once they are dry. The only thing I weighed wet is the cola on WW2 @ 28.2g.
I think the root balls were impressive, they completely filled the fiber pots on all three plants. I will be putting the two new White Widows in the large pots at transplant.

Wet trimming- wow what a sticky freaking mess that is. What's the best way to clean this resin off the trimmers?
I put all of the trim in a freezer Ziploc and put it in the freezer. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I don't know much about extraction or what have you. Something else to learn I guess.

Do you guys reuse soil? This is soil with perlite no coco or anything. I thought about mixing this in with new soil at a 4 new to 1 ratio.

Here's some pics-
20181129_112605.jpg

20181129_112654.jpg

20181129_204151.jpg
Use alcohol to clean your shears. I keep a shot glass full of it and dip the shears into it and wipe with a rag. I will do it multiple times per plant. I hate when they start sticking together. Well, I like when they are sticky, but just a pain. You could use rubbing alcohol and discard or use 190 proof evaclear and save for a tincture.
I compost my soil and start fresh.

Day 19 WW3 and WW4 Autos
Transplanted White Widows today and adjusted the garden.
I mixed up the same soil blend and added 1 lb of worm castings. (Minus the cow manure and black dirt)
Mixed in rain water until all soil had a light dampness. Added soil mix to 4 gallon fabric pots. Then I thoroughly mixed the soil with a solution of K-L-N and Pro-Tekt. Let the soil sit for 5 hours before transplant. I placed the plants closer to one edge of the pot to allow room for some LST for better light penetration.

Day 8 GSC
Fed GSC seedling K-L-N and Pro-Tekt solution.

20181201_154539.jpg

Back
Top Bottom