First Time Grow 2018

I also raised the lights up and made something to reflect the light downward.
20181102_200511.jpg
20181102_201617.jpg

Greetings mate and good luck on your first grow :passitleft:

I have some stuff to mention. The stretch amount is way too much on your plants. You simply don't want that because you will be needing several tops in direct contact with the light in flowering period. You need bushy plants, not tall ones. At this stage, you can prevent this and actually you are on the right path. Keep lights close enough to prevent burns and they will be allright. I really suggest you to top your plants once because your main stem needs to go wider in girth. You should top the plants into two main nodes. Then go for more tops if you are aiming a heavy yield.

About the nutes, your line looks fine but not complete. As far as I know your soil doesn't contain benefical bacteria. You can buy Great White Mycorrhizae to improve the quality of your rootzone. That is very common in cannabis growth. Another improvement can be adding a nutrient booster. You can use BioBizz Activera for that purpose. Bioheaven will also help you out.

You could have started with a smaller pot but that is not a huge loss if you water your plants right. You should water them from the outter rim of the pot. If you water them from the center, roots will have easy access for nute solution, or water for your current case. If you give them easy water, they won't struggle. We want them to struggle for water and therefore expand through the outter rim. Big and healthy root system equals great buds and great plants. You shouldn't water them every day. You need to let the soil go dry almost completely. Leaves look down if they need water so bad. You can feed close to center if you observe such posture. After that you can feed with a mild solution and with a heavier solution the day after. Dry the soil and go with this cycle for all periods except maybe the last 10 days of bloom.

If you have anything to ask, feel free. There are great growers present in this community and everybody is willing to help each other out. Spend more time here and smoke better buds for months :roorrip:

So I'm not sure if this is good or bad. I've seen other plants younger then mine looking shorter and bushier. Suggestion or comments are welcome. I'm here to learn.
15408535842321800831696714121272.jpg
Im no pro but definitelyagree with dusted. more light needed. Maybe look into Mars Hydro LED, descent price on Amazon and a full spectrum lighting. 300w would do the trick. Watch that your not over watering, that would also stunt the growth. I’ve been told It’s one of the biggest mistakes made.

I have some stuff to mention. The stretch amount is way too much on your plants. You simply don't want that because you will be needing several tops in direct contact with the light in flowering period. You need bushy plants, not tall ones. At this stage, you can prevent this and actually you are on the right path. Keep lights close enough to prevent burns and they will be allright. I really suggest you to top your plants once because your main stem needs to go wider in girth. You should top the plants into two main nodes. Then go for more tops if you are aiming a heavy yield.

About the nutes, your line looks fine but not complete. As far as I know your soil doesn't contain benefical bacteria. You can buy Great White Mycorrhizae to improve the quality of your rootzone. That is very common in cannabis growth. Another improvement can be adding a nutrient booster. You can use BioBizz Activera for that purpose. Bioheaven will also help you out.

You could have started with a smaller pot but that is not a huge loss if you water your plants right. You should water them from the outter rim of the pot. If you water them from the center, roots will have easy access for nute solution, or water for your current case. If you give them easy water, they won't struggle. We want them to struggle for water and therefore expand through the outter rim. Big and healthy root system equals great buds and great plants. You shouldn't water them every day. You need to let the soil go dry almost completely. Leaves look down if they need water so bad. You can feed close to center if you observe such posture. After that you can feed with a mild solution and with a heavier solution the day after. Dry the soil and go with this cycle for all periods except maybe the last 10 days of bloom.

If you have anything to ask, feel free. There are great growers present in this community and everybody is willing to help each other out. Spend more time here and smoke better buds for months :roorrip:
thanks for the tips! Great community! Happy growing!!!

I topped the plants this morning.
20181104_141135.jpg
20181104_141130.jpg

That is a little bit too early to top mate. You can let the side nodes grow bigger and then cut the main node. I believe that would be safer but it shouldn't be a must for topping.

As two main nodes keep growing, you should train them. Check LST method and spread these gradually apart over time. When you get a thick main stem, you can do the second topping. Plants need support to carry this bushy structure.

Another advise can be some reflective surface around your grow area. That would do great contribution to your grow. You can buy mylar or reflective white coating material and tape these on some cardboard.

That is a little bit too early to top mate. You can let the side nodes grow bigger and then cut the main node. I believe that would be safer but it shouldn't be a must for topping.

As two main nodes keep growing, you should train them. Check LST method and spread these gradually apart over time. When you get a thick main stem, you can do the second topping. Plants need support to carry this bushy structure.
Thanks for the input. Lots to learn.

Here is some equipment waiting to be used. The hood n light I found on craigslist for 20 bucks. The ballast on ebay for 30 bucks and the ventilation kit was another craigslist find.
20181016_200036.jpg
20181012_210054.jpg
20181018_144637.jpg
20181018_200723.jpg
20181018_144700.jpg
Screenshot_20181029-151122_Samsung Internet.jpg
I've been looking into exhaust kits and fans. I've had my eye on this and the acinfinity 4 or 6in fan. I plan on ordering this week. Lmk what you think about it please, as our grow area is about the same.

I've been looking into exhaust kits and fans. I've had my eye on this and the acinfinity 4 or 6in fan. I plan on ordering this week. Lmk what you think about it please, as our grow area is about the same.
It's seems like a good setup. I has a few bends before and it still blew air nicely. It's only been a couple of days now.

Back
Top Bottom