6-Day Sensitization Protocol: Resetting The Tolerance Levels

Amy Gardner and I have decided to support each other as we traverse through Dr. Sulak's method to sensitize the ECS when it gets overwhelmed by overindulgence. Typically we slowly ramp it up until we realize we're burning through the inventory. A gentle reboot will reset the system at a much lower tolerance level and you can suddenly get better effects with less produce.

We haven't had anyone else step forward to join us in this adventure, but anyone who'd like to is more than welcome. I don't know what Amy's planning, but I'll be documenting the things I do to engage my EVS without cannabis and the detailed steps I'll be taking to work back to a lower standard personal dose. Lately I've been consuming my brownies like they were simply dessert, a sure sign that a reset is in need. :laughtwo:

I'll repost this detailed outline of the process.

How would I determine a therapeutic dose?

I want to share with the community a Sensitization Protocol developed by Dr. Dustin Sulak at (google him), an exciting newcomer to the Internet, determined in his own way to mainstream cannabis as a daily addition to our lives.

It appears there's this quirk in the Endocannabinoid system, evolved to keep it from being overstimulated. If you overindulge in cannabis, as many of us who grow successfully are prone to do, you cause the receptors to become unavailable. In some cases they will actually sink into the cell to be completely unapproachable. In response, you need more cannabis to get the same effect. You've fallen into the realm of diminishing returns.

I'm sure many of you reading this know exactly what I'm talking about. I believe we call it strain tolerance, when in fact it's a compromising of our system because we grow fabulous product and don't hesitate to appreciate it. One of the ways to reset the system when you suspect this "strain tolerance" is to simply switch to a different strain. This step won't reset the system as dramatically as this protocol will, but it will shake the system somewhat and increase sensitivity.

It should be obvious that smoking a joint will do much to increase tolerance levels, since the tendency is to keep hitting the joint so it doesn't go to waste. Edibles are discouraged for the same overdosing concerns. Vaporizers or tinctures offer you much better dosing control. There are some wonderful patches, tablets, mouth strips and sprays making their way onto the market that will change the playing field in years ahead.

What Dr. Sulak's developed is a way to reset your Endocannabinoid system in six days, during which time your system will begin to create more receptors and you'll be able to reset your optimal therapeutic dose, that dose that brings you the greatest relief, at a lower level, thereby getting you more efficient relief and healing, saving you meds, money, and frustration. His site has a series of videos that teach you breathing techniques and simple movements to enhance the Endocannabinoid system as you work your way through this protocol, things that will promote the expression of more receptors and help your body feel the beneficial effects of the system. I won't share any of that here, although I highly recommend you check them out. You all know how to use a search engine. :battingeyelashes:

This protocol isn't appropriate for those on high-dose protocols for serious disease, such as cancer.

RESETTING YOUR ENDOCANNABINOID SYSTEM: A SIX DAY SENSITIZATION PROTOCOL

Day 1 - Cannabis Fast

Take note of how much cannabis you're using now. Write it down.

Take your regular dose, however you administer. Now put it away. You've just begun a 48 hour cannabis fast, after which you'll be listening closely to your body as you very gradually reintroduce cannabis in a way that will enhance your system.

Write down the date and time you started the fast and make note of the date and time you'll be ending it. Do yourself a favor and set the alarm on your phone.

Drink plenty of water. I can't stress this point enough. Water is what your body needs to wash away the stress-induced toxins in your system. Drink more water please.

Day 2 - Cannabis fast continues.

Try some breathing techniques, do some simple movement. Drink more water. :battingeyelashes:

Day 3 - Begin re-introducing cannabis.

You're going to train yourself to listen closely to your body as you begin to reintroduce cannabis. Before and after each inhalation, drop of tincture or edible dose, use your "inner inventory" to assess the effect. Ask yourself three questions and write down your answers.

Inhalation, wait 5 minutes between pulls.
Tincture, wait 30 minutes between drops.
Edible, wait 2 hours between dose.

The Inner Inventory: before and after each administration, assess.

1 - Take a slow deep breath. How easy was that to do? Rate it on a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 being the easiest and 1 being the most difficult.

2 - How comfortable is your body? How easy is it to sit still, in a relaxed manner? Rate this the same way and write it down.

3 - How is your mood? Rate this one as 10 being optimistic and relaxed and 1 being frazzled to the max.

We aren't looking for symptomatic relief here. This is an important distinction. What you're feeling for is the very first signs of any change internally, anything different. Has the migraine begun to diminish ever so slightly, are the joints feeling more free, has the pain in your lower back begun to respond positively? Just the inkling of effect is what you're listening for. Wait the required time, and if you don't feel anything, repeat this process and wait another span of time to reassess. Keep this up until you do feel something. Then stop, put the cannabis away and go about your day.

Listen carefully to your body. Resist the urge to take more than is called for here. You're listening for just a ripple. Nothing more. In this case, less cannabis is more. Trust the process.

You may repeat this process up to 3 times today. Be sure to begin each session with the inner inventory. You need to assess your starting point.

Get some movement time in. Drink more water. Explore foods that'll enhance your Endocannabinoid system.

Day 4 - Continuing to enhance the Endocannabinoid system.

Repeat yesterday's process. It's during this time that your body's actively building up receptor numbers. You're doing a great job. Keep it up. Move, drink more water, breathe for health and fitness. Think healing thoughts and laugh more.

Day 5 - Continue to grow more receptors.

Repeat yesterday's process. Get excited. You're almost done and your body's going to thank you for this adventure with better healing potential.

Day 6 - Finding your optimal therapeutic dose.

Using a repetition of the process you did on days 3-5 you're now going to work for symptomatic relief, one inhalation, drop or edible bite at a time.

It's important here to go slow. Wait the recommended times between dose administration. Listen closely to your body. What you should find is that you'll get relief at a significantly lower dose than when you started.

To be clear, 2 administrations would be over a 10 minute period, 3 over a 15 minute period, and so on.

Determining when to stop.

You're going to get one of two results. Either 1) you're going to get relief and you can go about your day, or 2) your inner inventory is going to drop down a point or two from your last notation. This means you overshot the dose and need to drop back one administration.

Now that you have an optimal therapeutic dose, test it out for the next 2-3 dosing sessions, waiting the recommended amount of time between administrations. Once you've confirmed that this is, indeed, your dose, stick with it. From that point on, there's no need to wait the time between administrations.

Dr. Sulak recommends that you periodically back off your dose by one administration, to determine if your body now requires less than it did before. You should assume that as you progress through your cannabinoid therapy that your Endocannabinoid system is going to be able to function more efficiently. Consequently, your need for phytocannabinoids will change over time.

**********​

This protocol should be repeated anytime you notice yourself building a tolerance to cannabis. Alternatively, you can simply drop back one administration on your dose and let your system readjust.

I've tossed the remaining brownies into the freezer until I'm through the protocol.

IMG_654114.JPG

IMG_654213.JPG

I'm treating myself to some freshly-harvested Blue Dream bud bits tonight, and bright and early tomorrow morning I'll begin the protocol. Amy's already started. The first two days will be made easier by taking the time to smell the jars of buds. Smell but don't consume. :laughtwo: The terpenes will positively effect the residual phytocannabinoids and my own endocannabinoids. That's a trick I didn't think of the last time I went through the protocol. Thank you Amy.

Want to join us? Jump right in. Amy and I plan to enter the new year with a better handle on our consumption and medical dosing. Doesn't that sound like fun? What are you waiting for? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hmm . commitment?

Well I'm out of cannabis so let's see if I can go 6 days .

Day 1 today .
Thought of you when I saw this bud. It can be tough but sometimes just makes you appreciate it that much more

Thought of you when I saw this bud. It can be tough but sometimes just makes you appreciate it that much more .

Yeah my issue is not that I don't have medicine . It that I hav to eat pain stimulates relaxants like crazy due to my body .

I really believe though that I know my body better then any machine does .

Will see what happens anyways. If anything it will be

High my name is joe ,

Is this the cw420 room?

Am I able to report with draw and share my emotions ?

Just kidding

I think it will be a great idea to hear what other have to say as well .

Think this can be a great thread for people to share their stories .

6-Day Sentization Protocol - Resetting The Tolerance Levels

Thanks Sue for starting the thread and for lighting the spark to do this. I still haven't read all the downloaded stuff from Sulak's website so thank you so much for laying out the steps here, I'd forgotten the water thing! Am onto it now.

Just so folks know, one reason I'm doing it now (in addition to what SweetSue has already mentioned) is that recently I've been dosing medicinally with my own grown and made 2:1 CBD:THC oil. I have become increasingly unable to get notably 'high' at the times I want to (you know, the purely for pleasure consumption!). I wonder if this has partly to do with the effects of CBD tempering the THC, which it does. But also, I've been enjoying my vape more & more so ramping up my usage, as Sue notes above. So when Sue raised the possibility of the 'reset', I jumped!

I'm also hoping it will help me find the therapeutic dose with my new oil as I'm not certain what it's effects really are as I've been vaping quite a bit as well. I need some definition. I want to be able to get fairly wasted if I'm in that kind of mood!!

Like Sue said, I've started already. Almost by accident and then when I realised I'd missed my sleep dose, I figured I'd keep going.

First challenge today. One of the medicinal uses for me is occasional bad IBS (it's part of a cluster of symptoms that come with ME/CFS so I'm used to it) and usually I toke for immediate relief from how wretched that can make you feel for the whole day. Well today was bad with dizziness and pain but I got through it. Water... and honestly smelling the enormous bud that's waiting for me in a jar really helped. There's obviously enough in my system! TBH I'm not finding it as difficult as I'd expected based on past experience. I'm certainly a bit irritable this afternoon/evening so I've just gone to bed .. Am entertaining myself with Star Trek.

Tomorrow I plan to do some restorative yoga in the morning (literally just various resting poses - I can't do the 'exercise' part - and will incorporate some of the breathing exercises into that.

So far so good. Im 24hrs in now and very optimistic about the whole adventure!

Sue - I'm sending you a good morning now, as I think it's only a few hours away for you.

Good morning Sue ♥️ Are you ready to play today? .

I'll be asleep when you wake. I'll check in when I do. It's exciting isn't it? Looking forward to becoming more sensitive to our beloved Cannabis .

:slide:

Thanks Sue for starting the thread and for lighting the spark to do this. I still haven't read all the downloaded stuff from Sulak's website so thank you so much for laying out the steps here, I'd forgotten the water thing! Am onto it now.

Just so folks know, one reason I'm doing it now (in addition to what SweetSue has already mentioned) is that recently I've been dosing medicinally with my own grown and made 2:1 CBD:THC oil. I have become increasingly unable to get notably 'high' at the times I want to (you know, the purely for pleasure consumption!). I wonder if this has partly to do with the effects of CBD tempering the THC, which it does. But also, I've been enjoying my vape more & more so ramping up my usage, as Sue notes above. So when Sue raised the possibility of the 'reset', I jumped!

I'm also hoping it will help me find the therapeutic dose with my new oil as I'm not certain what it's effects really are as I've been vaping quite a bit as well. I need some definition. I want to be able to get fairly wasted if I'm in that kind of mood!!

Like Sue said, I've started already. Almost by accident and then when I realised I'd missed my sleep dose, I figured I'd keep going.

First challenge today. One of the medicinal uses for me is occasional bad IBS (it's part of a cluster of symptoms that come with ME/CFS so I'm used to it) and usually I toke for immediate relief from how wretched that can make you feel for the whole day. Well today was bad with dizziness and pain but I got through it. Water... and honestly smelling the enormous bud that's waiting for me in a jar really helped. There's obviously enough in my system! TBH I'm not finding it as difficult as I'd expected based on past experience. I'm certainly a bit irritable this afternoon/evening so I've just gone to bed .. Am entertaining myself with Star Trek.

Tomorrow I plan to do some restorative yoga in the morning (literally just various resting poses - I can't do the 'exercise' part - and will incorporate some of the breathing exercises into that.

So far so good. Im 24hrs in now and very optimistic about the whole adventure!

Thanks for sharing Amy I to have had bad stomach issues my whole life just over the pass few years I've noticed I've gotten better and I'm wondering now that I think about since I've stopped drinking. I mean I had 6 beers the other day before that can't remember when I drank .

Ibs sucks

Funny story my third date or so with my wife when I met her we went out for date and we had a&Z fries with gravy and a soda each that night . Guess gravy didn't agree . Oh boy !
Did t come on strong I ended up relieving myself several time with 30 mins. Before able to leave the Sweat the pain the uncomfortable feeling embarrassing feeling . We left to head home due to how sick I was.
Had to stop at Tim's two mins later again.
Then before got home emergency came up and well there was a industrial building area yup oh there baby over there I said I'll be quick dumpsters are perfect .
I can't tell you how many times it held me back from being able to perform
Work duties and my own life social circle . So thanks for sharing Amy your not alone .

The reset is a super cool idea. Something I supported many years ago with out any research. It just seemed to happen and be a good thing after. I am going to see if my missus has any interest in it at some point in the future. An actual step by step. As opposed to just running out like the good old days. . . It might do her good.

Since I don't consume I will go on smelling jars. My favorite thing is to take a piece out in the air for a couple seconds outside the jar for a smell. Ahhhhhh and the stem to rub. Cool.

So so happy for you guys. :ciao: wave of support!

Interesting concept...I'll tag along

I don't consume every day so over use isn't an issue for me

Now if we are talking beer, that's different

Interesting to see how it helps you ladies

Okay, I’m not committed yet, but I’ll watch. I know I need to do a reset though. Maybe you ladies will get me motivated...maybe.

Do it with us Grandpa!

I'm so grateful for this protocol I feel like I owe Sue a BIG favor.

Sue's original post on this (last year?) was the first time I tried it and it worked a charm. For me, the first two days (nights, really) are certainly the hardest. Can't get to sleep; anxieties and worries about life and work start bubbling up...

But after the first two nights, dreams get INTENSE. My dreams and memories of them come flooding back in, and I tend to get more lucid effects, sometimes even having complete control over the dreams--that's a pretty damn good time.

But you know what's even better? The first hit after the protocol--last time I went from doing 1/2g bong hits to .1g bong hits....and with such better effect!

Looking forward to making it through. Join us?

A family quote--"Discipline is freedom. We can get whatever we want in life, simply by being disciplined enough to stay the course."

It's the whole 'staying disciplined' part I have trouble with :)

--Stoney

I'm here, and I'm in.

Day one, been a year since I did this last time. Looking forward to being on the other side!

--Stoney

Good, you found us. :hug:

I woke up at 7 this morning with a touch of panic about this. :laughtwo: Tried to talk myself out of participating all day yesterday. Lol! The rationale was that I have a higher tolerance than others, and "you know you'll go back to these levels anyway Susan, so why bother?"

Well, I figure I'd have just as much chance as not to get my consumption levels reduced, and thereby free up more produce to play with oil production. That was enough motivation for me. It's been over a year since I made any CCO. Maybe reducing consumption can get another batch going. Takes a lot of buds to make a decent supply of CCO.

I did 7 weeks in Phoenix without any cannabis back in the holiday season of 2015-2016. I know without any doubt that I can survive this. We're gonna make it fun.

I'll be making it a priority to do a session of Callanetics every day to keep the signalling channels of the ECS wide open, and of course, my daily walk along the river for spiritual recharging. I keep bottles of water scattered throughout the apartment to assure I always have some nearby. I have all of you to help me get through.

This'll be fun. I'm excited to do the protocol with companions. For me it's mostly about staying busy. I have numerous projects that could easily distract me.

Day one, underway. I have the enviable abundance of multiple options for terpene inhallations, something I didn't do last time. I know more now about terpenes and their importance in assisting the ECS than I did last time. :cheesygrinsmiley:

For when I'm in the kitchen: The top shelf is indicas, the lower shelf sativas.

IMG_655615.JPG

My hodgepodge of taster buds, a mixed bag of everything, conviently sitting right next to where I sit and work.

IMG_655714.JPG

The hallway between has drying buds I'll be able to gently compress to create a terpene cloud of relief.

IMG_655811.JPG

I feel very blessed to be surrounded by such abundance. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Are we allowed to post youtube links here?

YouTube

4:10 seconds is where he starts going through the protocol.

Thank you Stoney. I believe this is ok. If not, the staff'll let us know.

Do it with us Grandpa!

I'm so grateful for this protocol I feel like I owe Sue a BIG favor.

Sue's original post on this (last year?) was the first time I tried it and it worked a charm. For me, the first two days (nights, really) are certainly the hardest. Can't get to sleep; anxieties and worries about life and work start bubbling up...

But after the first two nights, dreams get INTENSE. My dreams and memories of them come flooding back in, and I tend to get more lucid effects, sometimes even having complete control over the dreams--that's a pretty damn good time.

But you know what's even better? The first hit after the protocol--last time I went from doing 1/2g bong hits to .1g bong hits....and with such better effect!

Looking forward to making it through. Join us?

A family quote--"Discipline is freedom. We can get whatever we want in life, simply by being disciplined enough to stay the course."

It's the whole 'staying disciplined' part I have trouble with :)

--Stoney

We'll get you through Stoney. Smell some terpenes. Make it a game. I wake up every morning and begin my deliberate engagement with the universe right then and there. I'm planning to laugh my way through this one. :laughtwo:

I like your quote. I recently learned what living with deliberation really means. It's not hard at all, if you can trust. Me? I've always been the vulnerable type. I trust so easily it's almost laughable.

The reset is a super cool idea. Something I supported many years ago with out any research. It just seemed to happen and be a good thing after. I am going to see if my missus has any interest in it at some point in the future. An actual step by step. As opposed to just running out like the good old days. . . It might do her good.

Since I don't consume I will go on smelling jars. My favorite thing is to take a piece out in the air for a couple seconds outside the jar for a smell. Ahhhhhh and the stem to rub. Cool.

So so happy for you guys. :ciao: wave of support!

Thank you for the reminder that I have stems to rub too. They carry a unique terpene profile, IMO.

We'll get you through Stoney. Smell some terpenes. Make it a game. I wake up every morning and begin my deliberate engagement with the universe right then and there. I'm planning to laugh my way through this one. :laughtwo:

I like your quote. I recently learned what living with deliberation really means. It's not hard at all, if you can trust. Me? I've always been the vulnerable type. I trust so easily it's almost laughable.

You and I both Sue...I believe respect is earned, never given--but Trust must be extended to be returned. :)

Going to pop open a jar of curing Super Lemon Haze, and take in the smells...

Thank you again Stoney. It's really helpful for me to listen to Dustin explain the process and the science behind it. It's been a while since I watched that one.

Deliberate intention to improve the functionality of the ECS....... I like that thought.

Sleep is a bit elusive again... I managed 5 or so hours tho so not as bad as last night, will try for some more I think. Night sweats can be an issue - but sometimes they're an issue anyway. Just thought I'd mention it in case someone else experiences them. I've had them before when I first abstain after a period of solid use.

I'm looking over the worksheets and can recommend to anyone else joining to use the worksheets (or the general idea they lay out) for reintroduction guidance. There's one for inhalation and one for tincture. Sue, I'm guessing the one for tincture will suit oil as well?

Anyhoo, there's a whole routine to go through finding the optimum dose. I may have to do it twice, one for each. I use the oil and the vape for different things. The oil is medicinal only. The vape has multiple roles in my life. I think first I'll seek the therapeutic optimums, then experiment to find the recreational zones...

Are you considering something like that as well Sue (reintroducing intake methods separately)?

Back
Top Bottom