6-Day Sensitization Protocol: Resetting The Tolerance Levels

6-Day Sentization Protocol - Resetting The Tolerance Levels

Thank you again Stoney. It's really helpful for me to listen to Dustin explain the process and the science behind it. It's been a while since I watched that one.

Deliberate intention to improve the functionality of the ECS....... I like that thought.

I like where he says that like a connoisseur of fine wine you'll be able to take a small amount and really 'luxuriate and revel in the delicious benefit of your medicine' .

Thanks for the vid Stoney. That was one I hadn't watched yet - have watched a few but for some reason that one hadn't popped up (I've just been going off the website).

Sleep is a bit elusive again... I managed 5 or so hours tho so not as bad as last night, will try for some more I think. Night sweats can be an issue - but sometimes they’re an issue anyway. Just thought I’d mention it in case someone else experiences them. I’ve had them before when I first abstain after a period of solid use.

I’m looking over the worksheets and can recommend to anyone else joining to use the worksheets (or the general idea they lay out) for reintroduction guidance. There’s one for inhalation and one for tincture. Sue, I’m guessing the one for tincture will suit oil as well?

Anyhoo, there’s a whole routine to go through finding the optimum dose. I may have to do it twice, one for each. I use the oil and the vape for different things. The oil is medicinal only. The vape has multiple roles in my life. I think first I’ll seek the therapeutic optimums, then experiment to find the recreational zones...

Are you considering something like that as well Sue (reintroducing intake methods separately)?

I'd given this some thought, and my usage is all over the place - brownies for THC intro, capsules for the CBD dose, smoking or vaping when I get the inclination or really want to get blissfully, recreationally high.

The thing is, in my case, I don't have any real illness that I live with, so I think the best approach for me might be to start with the capsules and see what my tolerance is with them. Then I can gently reintroduce the brownies. I'll probably be able to take a brownie and cut it in half following the intro of the capsules.

So my plan at this point is to begin the reintroduction with vaping to get a general feel for what my tolerance dropped to, and then I'll start with one capsule a day, allowing myself to vape or smoke when I feel the need for more cannabinoids, but avoiding the tendency to smoke thoughtlessly while I surf the threads. There's something to be said for being attentive to the intention of your dosing. I've poo-pooed this idea frequently in the past. I'm beginning to see how beneficial it could be to set everything aside and focus on the cannabis dosing and the reason I'm even taking it.

After a day or two I'll begin adding in a brownie, split into two doses. I've been considering the wisdom of Mara Gordon's instructions to split the major cannabinoid doses up to be at least two hours apart, and I believe I'll start doing that.

Keeping myself busy..... Drenches and documentation are complete. The bed is made and I'm looking at what would need to happen to get the bedroom completely changed up. I may do that yet. :laughtwo: Its'd certainly keep me busy. Lol! Before I get to Callanetics I'll take my walk along the river to get the best quality sunlight and the warmest temperatures.

Turning to look out the window, I see I've lost the sunlight already to cloudy conditions, building up to tomorrow's anticipated snowfall. Time to get out there before it gets too cold.

Breathing in a whiff of terpenes is doing an amazing job of beating back the low panic that keeps trying to rear up. :laughtwo: I may take a small bud with me in my pocket to keep my spirits up during the walk.

Amy, sleep loss is a bummer, but we know this is short-term. When you start low dosing again it's surprising how quickly the system responds. The terpene whiffs are giving you some of the same effects, using your endocannabinoids. Hehe! I love that idea. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Breathing in a whiff of terpenes is doing an amazing job of beating back the low panic that keeps trying to rear up. :laughtwo: I may take a small bud with me in my pocket to keep my spirits up during the walk.

Looking like a beautiful day in San Fran, just small traces of smoke from the SoCal fires making their way into our air. Think I'll try and get outside to exercise today myself as well.

It took until about 4 PM to have my first nervous flutters. It gets dark here so early, and it's often lonely. Time for distractions.

Having buds to sniff is helping more than I thought it would. :battingeyelashes:

Having buds to sniff is helping more than I thought it would. :battingeyelashes:

Absolutely same here. I just combined a smoking breath with a terpene whiff. Because when I vape I use the arizer solo which requires long very slow draws, I stuck my nose in the jar for a long slow inhale... how lovely!

Day 2 is feeling trickier than day 1. My pain levels and other symptoms are rising so I'm realising how much the Cannabis does for me in better detail.

I did end up getting back to sleep after my 4am visit - happy about that.

Dehydration feels close, I'm needing a ridiculous amount of water to keep it at bay...

I can believe it. It is my favorite thing since I don't consume. Burping the jars ya ya that's what I call it. I also use the stems while in growth, it gives me an idea of the character from my homemade regular seeds. I had one was a sweet cream soda from the stem. I want that one back. Remember cream soda as a kid, yummy.
The buds are always different from the stem, I dunno why. any who . . I go off talking about the different types of smells from the canna. :yummy:

you guys Are the best!

Absolutely same here. I just combined a smoking breath with a terpene whiff. Because when I vape I use the arizer solo which requires long very slow draws, I stuck my nose in the jar for a long slow inhale... how lovely!

Day 2 is feeling trickier than day 1. My pain levels and other symptoms are rising so I’m realising how much the Cannabis does for me in better detail.

I did end up getting back to sleep after my 4am visit - happy about that.

Dehydration feels close, I’m needing a ridiculous amount of water to keep it at bay...

Yeah.....I have no pain to treat, but I'm starting to get jittery and I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. Found myself wandering the apartment, and it's only 725 square feet. :laughtwo: I think I'll throw on some warm clothes and do a grocery run for my daughter. That'll take care of another hour.

I bet I turn in early tonight.

Okay! I’m doing it. I’ve decided that tomorrow morning will be fully Day 1. I’ve set myself up with some minor projects to get done in the shop and cleaning the grow in the next few days. I’m already apprehensive and very anxious. Not a good way to start huh? :rofl:

Seriously, thanks to all of you for sharing. If I tell any of you to “f*ck off” in the next few days, please don’t take it personally. :tokin:

Okay! I’m doing it. I’ve decided that tomorrow morning will be fully Day 1. I’ve set myself up with some minor projects to get done in the shop and cleaning the grow in the next few days. I’m already apprehensive and very anxious. Not a good way to start huh? :rofl:

Seriously, thanks to all of you for sharing. If I tell any of you to “f*ck off” in the next few days, please don’t take it personally. :tokin:

YEAH!!

Alright Grandpa, that's great. Looking forward to having you on the team :)

Surely as the sun will rise, you won't regret it. Promise.

Yeah.....I have no pain to treat, but I'm starting to get jittery and I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. Found myself wandering the apartment, and it's only 725 square feet. :laughtwo: I think I'll throw on some warm clothes and do a grocery run for my daughter. That'll take care of another hour.

I bet I turn in early tonight.

I'm thinking of finding a movie to put on this evening, something to distract the mind...do you have Netflix?

I saw The Dressmaker with my lady recently, and we both LOVED it. I think you just may enjoy it too! See anything you might recommend lately?

The Dressmaker (2015) - IMDb

I'm thinking of finding a movie to put on this evening, something to distract the mind...do you have Netflix?

I saw The Dressmaker with my lady recently, and we both LOVED it. I think you just may enjoy it too! See anything you might recommend lately?

I haven't watched many films of late as I have to keep things in bite sized pieces (so am sticking to Star Trek episodes .). But, one of the best recent films in my viewing experience is 'Boyhood'. It's brilliant. It was made over a period of years so as you watch the family grow and change the actors age and change accordingly. It really works - and its merits as a film about the 'human experience' are many-fold.

Okay! I'm doing it. I've decided that tomorrow morning will be fully Day 1. I've set myself up with some minor projects to get done in the shop and cleaning the grow in the next few days. I'm already apprehensive and very anxious. Not a good way to start huh? :rofl:

Seriously, thanks to all of you for sharing. If I tell any of you to "f*ck off" in the next few days, please don't take it personally. :tokin:

I'm already feeling that way less then 12 hrs lol

Watch the show if you want to cry .2017 movie .

I'm having a rough time guys. I'm being slammed by emotional distress and now my stomach is cramping and I'm getting nauseous. I started crying in the middle of a conversation with my daughter and haven't been able to stop the tears.

I'll be honest. I don't know if I can make it through this time. I'm gonna go to bed and see how I feel tomorrow. My daughter's been advising me to stop this process and take a hit already. She can understand my intent but this is more than I was prepared to take.

I wasn't expecting the blues to hit so hard. It's evident that cannabis has been managing my SAD in ways I wasn't aware of.

I don't want to stop yet, which is why I'm going to bed. I'll see what the morning brings.

GT, I'm glad you decided to try it. Up front, this isn't for the faint of heart.

I did realize that I haven't been drinking enough water today, so I've increased consumption. I was doing really well until an hour ago.

I have to share that a couple minutes ago I was curled up on the floor in fetal position, crying uncontrollably. This is not who I am anymore.

Back
Top Bottom