Too sensitive for CBD?

Do you feel like you're pretty sure about the 'in any form' part of the question? just wondering how you arrived at that. I feel like I'm averse to many types of cannabis, but not all. And there are many forms.

It's really just a hypothetical question. I have heard of people that don't seem to be able to tolerate it at all and because I am so incredibly sensitive to so many substances I wonder if I'll be able to tolerate CBD long term. I realize there are many different strains and many different methods of delivery that I haven't even begun to explore. Right now I'm using a very small amount of homemade hemp CBD. Still not sure what, if anything, it's doing. I did feel less stressed yesterday several hours after taking it, but not sure if it was the CBD or a coincidence. I realize hemp is not the same as a real sativa or indica, so I have no idea how I would react to those.

So really, my question was how can we prepare the body to accept cannabis? I learned yesterday that some things clean the receptors...green tea, chocolate, green apples, mangos, etc. But what else may help?

The word sensitive, is my question. Sensitive how?
Some people have paradoxical reactions like higher anxiety or worse depression. I think those would mainly be people with chronic infections or other types of severe chronic illness (lyme). I suppose the reaction would be a sort of herxheimer response.

Some people have paradoxical reactions like higher anxiety or worse depression. I think those would mainly be people with chronic infections or other types of severe chronic illness (lyme). I suppose the reaction would be a sort of herxheimer response.

When dealing with cannabis, there are some traits that will give different results, generally. That is the problem each person will react slightly different to each trait.

I'm not sure how many studies have been done (probably none or few), with cannabis and paradoxical reactions.

@SweetSue may know. (just tagged her for her to respond). I know she has experience with a person who can not deal with traits that are associated with certain strains of cannabis.

She is, what I consider, to be the best-educated person here (or at least in the top 5) about the medical/physical side of the plant and its actions.

Sorry, I can't help more.

CBD is generally associated with relaxation. That's simplifying things, and I'm hardly an expert on it. But CBD itself doesn't make a person high and shouldn't cause stress. It does interact with THC to change its effects- generally having a calming effect.

I know cannabis helps to suppress certain types of pathogens, so I'm sure some negative reactions are due to fungal or bacterial die-off. I would be interested to see what @SweetSue might know beyond that. I think I did read in her thread that some people have methylation issues that could cause a problem, hence her recommendation to use things like green tea and dark chocolate to demethylate the receptors. Not sure if I put that right or if I understand it correctly.

At its basic level, it’s all the same plant, we’ve just manipulated it over the past 10,000 years to better suit our needs. This is why all types of cannabis can be crossed and be fertile. The CBD derived from hemp is the same CBD that is in all sativas, indices, or ruderalis.

I would suggest looking at high CBD plants if you’re thinking of growing. There are ones with almost no THC and on up. Finding one that is a good fit for you can take trial and error.

I know cannabis helps to suppress certain types of pathogens, so I'm sure some negative reactions are due to fungal or bacterial die-off. I would be interested to see what @SweetSue might know beyond that. I think I did read in her thread that some people have methylation issues that could cause a problem, hence her recommendation to use things like green tea and dark chocolate to demethylate the receptors. Not sure if I put that right or if I understand it correctly.

Oh trust, many of us don't totally understand. That is why I point people that need to understand toward her. My brain gets all tangled up when I get to reading her deep analysis. I'm deep into the growing, but I really do not understand all of the metabolic stuff.

Oh trust, many of us don't totally understand. That is why I point people that need to understand toward her. My brain gets all tangled up when I get to reading her deep analysis. I'm deep into the growing, but I really do not understand all of the metabolic stuff.
It's complicated! I need to try to understand it as much as possible, though, because my body is a mess of autoimmunity and my brain has been damaged by benzodiazepines. So I don't react to medicine like most people. But I do have a strong feeling that cannabis could be my answer if I can go at it the right way and avoid a discouraging paradoxical reaction.

It's complicated! I need to try to understand it as much as possible, though, because my body is a mess of autoimmunity and my brain has been damaged by benzodiazepines. So I don't react to medicine like most people. But I do have a strong feeling that cannabis could be my answer if I can go at it the right way and avoid a discouraging paradoxical reaction.

If you really want a faster response. You may consider posting on a thread that meets your needs like the oil thread. She does check those faster than the alerts. Alerts for a very active person can get lost for days. I know mine do and I'm not even close to the activity of Sue. She stays up to date on the medicinal threads. They are her babies.

Back
Top Bottom