A SIP Grower's Guide To The Galaxy

A nug of the Cherry Cola Auto.
I'm gonna smoke this bud, it isn't cured yet, but that's not a show stopper.
"The brakes don't work, but that won't slow us down!"

20231028_061956(0).jpg

20231028_061926.jpg

20231028_061945.jpg

He tells the story to tourists complaining about the pain of their first tattoo.

Don’t want to say I have a high pain threshold but tattoo’s even 8 hours of it - its just uncomfortable for me. Cuts on your fingers can absolutely be fierce pain though.

Keep yours safe! The smells and sounds of a 4 cylinder outboard starting on still water is one of the great things for me. The cough and spray as it kicks in.

Hmm lovely.
I love the smell of burning 2 stroke in the morning. When it was just me driving around in a silver car fixing boats I used to smell it every morning. Now that we've got some clout in the area, it's mostly new 4 strokes and jet boats. My boat is one of the few carbed smokers I get to play with these days. Kinda sad, I love Johnson/Evinrudes...

You many fingers and thumbs do you have?

Manager of the tattoo place I use here (doesn’t ink himself!) managed to put his hands through a machine press. Ouch!
He tells the story to tourists complaining about the pain of their first tattoo.

Don’t want to say I have a high pain threshold but tattoo’s even 8 hours of it - its just uncomfortable for me. Cuts on your fingers can absolutely be fierce pain though.
I know what it's like Age 8 wringer washer halfway to the elbow. Woodworking class Age 12 jointer planner 2 fingers
Still made a career as an auto painter for 25 years

I know what it's like Age 8 wringer washer halfway to the elbow. Woodworking class Age 12 jointer planner 2 fingers
Still made a career as an auto painter for 25 years
Coincidentally I was at High School with an A. Brewster. My brothers are still mates with him. He put a bit of wood on the wrong side of a sanding lathe thing in class. Whipped his hand up and he lost half a thumb. I saw the classroom after. Blood on the walls, floor and ceiling. Gross 😅

The smells and sounds of a 4 cylinder outboard starting on still water is one of the great things for me. The cough and spray as it kicks in.
Even better are the smells and sound of that 4 cylinder starting up when the winds are blowing and the waves kicking up and it is now time to get off the water. The worst sound is the starter motor just continuing to spin;) while the boat continues to drift into the shipping channel.

I love the smell of burning 2 stroke in the morning.
A properly tuned two stroke outboard definitely has a smell that is easy to appreciate when the engine first starts up. And the exhaust bubbling through the water is a sound that is hard to replace when idling into a fishing spot.

I will take the outboard 2 stroke over any of the two cycle lawn maintenance equipment any day; mostly because I wanted to be out fishing instead of starting work on someone's lawn:).

I'm still alive and kicking, just been too busy to show my plants the love they deserve and share the journey.

I Just harvested a White Widow Auto with big chubby buds, I'll post pics after it drys. It was a very small plant, but the entire thing was bud, super stout.
Got a month-old Strawberry Lemonade growing in the backup grow box, a 14 day-old Gorilla Cookies Auto about to go into the big box, and I found a seed in the Ice Cream Cookies larf so I planted it and that joker sprouted today.
The Ice-cream Cookies is in the top 5 of the best buds I've ever smoked, and i didn't take any clones, so finding that seed was a mother-lovin game changer!

I'll take pictures of stuff next week. I go on a vacation in 48 hours, until then, I'm burnt to a damn crisp. Very little gas left in the tank.

That's all from me, you can go about your normal activities.

Happy New Year!
I'm rolling thru the forgotten-project-list, making good on promises I made during the summer, and getting fatter.
Hope you're just-as, if not more, productive in your New rotation around the Sun!

Here are some plants I've been ignoring, until I didn't anymore, and I did this brutal LST and trimming.

I'm back on the hop, gotta finish my Collards greens and help my neighbor diagnose his zero-turn before I go to the inlaws to exchange gifts and have dinner... peace n chicken grease!

20231231_014936.jpg

20231231_010715.jpg

20231231_012435.jpg

20231231_010710.jpg

20231231_010654.jpg

20231231_012442.jpg

Bam!
Here she is, like 10 or 15 days into flip, who really knows?
There's alot going on in my world, so I'm just riding the wave as high as it'll take me, not sweating the details.
I moved her box into my new grow palace (check the corporate espionage grow for details on the box) and we're trucking right on thru! There's not alot to report on her, I fought back some thrips with sulfur/ sns/ pure crop1, seems to be keeping the little shits at bay. Hopefully there will be some flowers popping soon. She's only got 2 $40 el cheapo lights swinging above her, but I've grown excellent weed with them before, so I'm not sweating the lack of wattage.

I've been experimenting with some "living super soil" for the next run, and that shit is growing mycelium like crazy! I mixed a tiny bit of the living dirt with my seedling dirt and put some clones in it - now that stuff is crawling with life too. I'm not sure if "living super soil" will equate to phenomenal ganga... but time will tell!

I'm gonna sit in my grow room and watch coverage of the election Primaries... people are gonna go crazy this November! I'm here for it, I'm all in, let's roll!

20240119_230305.jpg

20240119_230402.jpg

20240119_230313.jpg

20240119_230346.jpg

20240119_231829.jpg

20240119_231839.jpg

20240119_231844.jpg

20240119_231904.jpg

<cut stuff>

I've been experimenting with some "living super soil" for the next run, and that shit is growing mycelium like crazy! I mixed a tiny bit of the living dirt with my seedling dirt and put some clones in it - now that stuff is crawling with life too. I'm not sure if "living super soil" will equate to phenomenal ganga... but time will tell!

<cut more stuff.>

20240119_230305.jpg

20240119_230402.jpg

20240119_230313.jpg

20240119_230346.jpg

20240119_231829.jpg

20240119_231839.jpg

20240119_231844.jpg

20240119_231904.jpg

Love it, some great photos. Well done on the new life growing on the soil.

The next time someone panics because they see some white or gray fuzzy stuff growing on their soil I will try to refer them to your photos so they can see that their panic session is not needed. ;) :thumb:

Love it, some great photos. Well done on the new life growing on the soil.

The next time someone panics because they see some white or gray fuzzy stuff growing on their soil I will try to refer them to your photos so they can see that their panic session is not needed. ;) :thumb:
Don't be so quick to make the referral yet, I was also advised privately that I may be harboring white mold and not mycelium. Now I'm not sure myself. :confused:. With no way to test it, I can't be positive which one I have.
I'm going to scrape the fuzzy layer and use the soil, I guess we'll see if it's a boon or a detriment. Either way... we'll learn something.

It's Saturday and I'm a walking mess, but things are good. Plants are all super healthy. Popped more vegetable seeds and dropped some clones into the bubbler, and I'm pushing thru winter work at a decent clip now that the snow is gone. It was 76° today and I started getting customer calls for service again, but we're closed until the end of next week.
I'm not ready to go back full-time yet. I've been day-trading, day-drinking, and day-dreaming... I'm not ready to give it up! :confused:
This weekend's football is going to be fucking phenomenal. Baltimore is ferocious this year and going up against the Chiefs should be a spectacular game. I plan on painting a dresser for the Wifey while I watch it in the garage. I used the Levo to brew up some infused butter, so it'll be Moscow mules, edibles, football, projects, and playing with the kids all day. I couldn't ask for more. Let's roll baby!

20240127_031701.jpg

20240127_031317.jpg

20240125_035215.jpg

20240125_032837.jpg

Even with all the pomp, I doubt that this year's Superbowl will be more anticipated than the KC v. Bmore game. What a match-up! :Rasta:

Don't be so quick to make the referral yet, I was also advised privately that I may be harboring white mold and not mycelium. Now I'm not sure myself.
But you still did not panic?:).

When I first started out with this intense indoor gardening adventure I spent hours talking to other indoor growers where ever I found them. Maybe they were the staff at a grow shop or a paying or non-paying customer. Then I would look up what they mentioned when I got home and cross referenced that with other sources.

When I see similar growth on a bucket of soil I leave it be. When it is time to do some transplanting I grab the soil I need and if some of the white fuzz comes along for the ride it is what it is.

When I first started out with this intense indoor gardening adventure I spent hours talking to other indoor growers where ever I found them. Maybe they were the staff at a grow shop or a paying or non-paying customer. Then I would look up what they mentioned when I got home and cross referenced that with other sources.

When I see similar growth on a bucket of soil I leave it be. When it is time to do some transplanting I grab the soil I need and if some of the white fuzz comes along for the ride it is what it is.
Its freaked me at the seedling stage when we use potting soil (coco the rest of the time) I just throw H2o2 amended water at it and rub it away. They’re only like 2” square cubes at that stage though. Different with a bigger pot.

No panic my friend. I believe I saw Doc Bud once revealing a large batch of cooked soil completely covered in white fuzz and he was remarking about it being a sign of fertile and biologically active soil, but my memory gets fuzzy too. It's all basically a moot point though - My SIP dirt gets dry as the Sahara for the top 2 inches, so it won't support any mold or mycelium once in use. Whatever the fuzz is, it'll be dead under the lights.

Its freaked me at the seedling stage when we use potting soil (coco the rest of the time) I just throw H2o2 amended water at it and rub it away. They’re only like 2” square cubes at that stage though. Different with a bigger pot.
Is there anything that Peroxide isn't good for??? Love that junk.

Even with all the pomp, I doubt that this year's Superbowl will be more anticipated than the KC v. Bmore game. What a match-up! :Rasta:
If the 49ers have Debo Samuels, it'll be a slug fest and a shootout. Without Debo though, Baltimore won't have to respect the jet sweep, they'll crowd the box and massacre that rookie Purdy. I do love the "Mr Irrelevant goes to the Superbowl" story that's unfolding for Purdy though, it's petty damn cool.

If the 49ers have Debo Samuels, it'll be a slug fest and a shootout. Without Debo though, Baltimore won't have to respect the jet sweep, they'll crowd the box and massacre that rookie Purdy. I do love the "Mr Irrelevant goes to the Superbowl" story that's unfolding for Purdy though, it's petty damn cool.
You're not giving Detroit any kind of chance against the Niners?

They could do it!

Back
Top Bottom