A SIP Grower's Guide To The Galaxy

Got 2 new kindergarteners.
Just popped up yesterday afternoon.
One is a helmet head with a scrawny stem, not good.
The other was born with its first set of leaves already poking out, and that seems kinda wierd too.
I wetted and squeezed the helmet head last night to open it up, I re-wetted it this morning and I'll attempt to remove it later on. Wish me luck! I've decapitated a few seedlings in the past and this is my only Sour Diesel seed, so I'll be putting on a surgical clinic this afternoon. Can't lose another patient!
These auto girls will get their own totes in the indoor box, no more sharing SIP Puff Senior. The big SIP will be relegated to the cold outdoor scene where it'll have peace and quiet to grow one big ass photo period girl.

It's time to prep for winter in Virginia. Leaves are changing and falling, the cold air is no longer warming up in the afternoons, and bugs and mice are trying to get into my fucking house to hibernate!
Spent the day cleaning and pulling out winter gear - tomorrow we spray poison and set snap traps in all the hidey-holes that mice like to explore.
"All rats gotta die, even Master Splinter..."
Virginia winter is UNPREDICTABLE.
We don't Always get snow, but some years we get 2 feet of snow in 48 hours and the whole place goes apeshit for 2 weeks because the highway crew ALWAYS gets caught with their pants down - the power goes out and propane sells out immediately, you could be fuuuuuuuuuuucked.
I love it though.
I take the kids out in my 4x4 and we fishtail down the highway and do doughnuts in the church parking lots. (And occasionally pull out a stuck motorist)

That's all I got for today, I'm done flashing my guns - gotta drive an hour away to help my sister move her furniture, gonna need a good buzz to deal with her crazy ass and all that work. Hahaha
Be easy folks!

20231008_063033.jpg

20231008_063036.jpg

Edit - the last post was supposed to say "I'm done flapping my gums", not "flashing my guns". After reading it though, I like it either way and may adopt the new version into my idioms.

Just another photo of the kids today. Day 3ish.

I shakily removed the seed shell (using tweezers and fine scissors, my fingers are too blunt and aggressive for such a delicate process, had to break out the surgery tools!) and a piece of seed membrane that was keeping her folded up. I can see the true leaves trying to peek out, but the cotyledon leaves are still curled over and white. I hope it rebounds, I don't want to miss out on a 90s classic!
(If it does goes south, a Northern Lights x Big bud auto will be taking her place, I don't let the bed get cold before I put another lady in it! :ganjamon::circle-of-love:

20231009_044012.jpg

20231009_044112.jpg

20231009_044059.jpg

20231009_044105.jpg

Got 2 new kindergarteners.
Just popped up yesterday afternoon.
One is a helmet head with a scrawny stem, not good.
The other was born with its first set of leaves already poking out, and that seems kinda wierd too.
I wetted and squeezed the helmet head last night to open it up, I re-wetted it this morning and I'll attempt to remove it later on. Wish me luck! I've decapitated a few seedlings in the past and this is my only Sour Diesel seed, so I'll be putting on a surgical clinic this afternoon. Can't lose another patient!
These auto girls will get their own totes in the indoor box, no more sharing SIP Puff Senior. The big SIP will be relegated to the cold outdoor scene where it'll have peace and quiet to grow one big ass photo period girl.

It's time to prep for winter in Virginia. Leaves are changing and falling, the cold air is no longer warming up in the afternoons, and bugs and mice are trying to get into my fucking house to hibernate!
Spent the day cleaning and pulling out winter gear - tomorrow we spray poison and set snap traps in all the hidey-holes that mice like to explore.
"All rats gotta die, even Master Splinter..."
Virginia winter is UNPREDICTABLE.
We don't Always get snow, but some years we get 2 feet of snow in 48 hours and the whole place goes apeshit for 2 weeks because the highway crew ALWAYS gets caught with their pants down - the power goes out and propane sells out immediately, you could be fuuuuuuuuuuucked.
I love it though.
I take the kids out in my 4x4 and we fishtail down the highway and do doughnuts in the church parking lots. (And occasionally pull out a stuck motorist)

That's all I got for today, I'm done flashing my guns - gotta drive an hour away to help my sister move her furniture, gonna need a good buzz to deal with her crazy ass and all that work. Hahaha
Be easy folks!

20231008_063033.jpg

20231008_063036.jpg
That’s always a problem with owning a P/U truck or a van. People are always asking if you can help them move. Smh CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

That’s always a problem with owning a P/U truck or a van. People are always asking if you can help them move. Smh CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

I tore my fucking rotator cuff when a heavy ass box ripped open and jerked my shoulder, gotta put my arm in a sling when the pain gets too bad. No good deed goes unpunished bro...
I'd say its the last i I help someone, but it would be a lie.

No point in taking photos tonight.
My arm is in a sling and I'm drinking to avoid eating a pain killer. (They make me sick, but light boozing doesn't! :Rasta: the plant looks the exact same anyway. I'm gonna chop one of em down real soon, we're at day 71 and I'm getting real itchy to smoke something new.

... after some Google searching and enlightenment...

I'm still not sure why Canada celebrates Thanksgiving, and I'm almost positive they aren't doing it right... but I'm proud of them for trying!

Butter tarts instead of pumpkin pie?

No pay for the day (Monday?)off work?

No Black Friday?

Those guys gotta whip this thing into shape!!!

It's literally my favorite holiday.

My Southern Thanksgiving (passed down thru the ages) will blow your hairpiece and pampers smooth off! I start cooking at 4am and don't stop until the Spirit of my Ancestors reaches down and turns the gravy pot burner down to simmer...

Not to mention Thanksgiving football often features the Redskins... it's the best US holiday that doesn't have religious affiliation.

I just don't know if Canada is going deep enough down this holiday rabbit-hole... but I'm here to help if they have any questions!

Just a word to the wise...
If you Yawn too wide around me 🥱, I'll run a finger around in your open mouth. :cough:
I apologize in advance, it's just something I've always done, and I can't stop now!
(Yes, I have had to duck a few wild reactionary haymakers,👊😤😡 but totally worth it!:rofl:)

Also. Baby weed pics.
Check the mutant White Widow with extra cotys that I sprouted for my helper.

20231015_002829.jpg

20231015_002851.jpg

20231015_002746.jpg

IT'S FUCKING ROTTEN!!!
Went in to check on the girls before work and one whole plant is fucking rotten, and the biggest bud on the other plant is rotten as well.
THIS FUCKING SUCKS!!!
Everything gets the bleach before we refill this tent!
FUCK YOU B-ROT!
Everything was fine last night, no signs of mold, in one night it fucked the whole setup. My first time getting rot in my box, I knew I was waiting too long to harvest. Fuck fuck fuck I'm mad.

My knee-jerk reaction was to trash everything, give it a Russian bath, and burn this mother to the concrete...

Cooler heads prevailed.

I cut out the big fat main buds that were internally moldy, and the rest of the plant was seemingly untouched by the smut, so it was hung up to get crispy. Looks to be around 5oz saved and 2oz lost on the first plant.
All trimmings are going in the trash though, no need to keep questionable trim. Trim gets saved up in bulk, and I don't want to spoil the entire batch.

All is not lost.
I am pissed off though. The description of this strain said it was prone to rot, I should have taken heed and chopped it down last week. Fruits left on the vines are bound to rot eventually. I'll be more vigilant next time. I have 1 more seed from this strain, I'll do a re-grow-over in a couple years to try and nail it proper.
I'm on a trim break, but I'd better get back at it. Stay breezy friends!

I made a pot of collard and kale greens from my garden.
I've spent my entire life soaking greens in salt water to get rid of the bitterness and sand/grit from inside the stalks.
I just realized that I don't soak greens from my garden, they aren't bitter and they don't have grit inside of em, so it just hasn't crossed my mind to soak em.
What the fuck have I been eating my whole life??? Why are store bought greens bitter and full of grit?? What the hell are they growing them in??

I'm unhappy with the food here, I'd like to speak with the manager...

I made a pot of collard and kale greens from my garden.
I've spent my entire life soaking greens in salt water to get rid of the bitterness and sand/grit from inside the stalks.
We don't soak our garden greens which can include various kale varieties, Swiss Chard, mustard greens, beets, tops from young carrots and several others.

I tried Collards a couple of times many, many years ago and found them to be bitter. Maybe time to try again since my gardening techniques have changed a bit and back then it was a different house/garden.

Most store bought Collard and other types of greens are commercially grown so possibly heavily fertilized, watered on a schedule instead of because the soil is dry, or maybe greenhouse grown. These sorts of growing affects commercially grown Marijuana as opposed to some of our more organic and personal approaches including growing just a few plants at a time so that could explain the bitterness. Also, older or more mature leaves on most greens tend to have a stronger and less sweet taste than the very young leaves that have only been growing for a week. Can't say as I can remember ever buying greens at a large or small supermarket.

Since you posted this I have been thinking that it might be that my Collards from long ago were grown differently, in a different soil, different soil preparation, and a different approach to watering. So my thought of growing Collards next year can be a substitute for growing as much Kale or Chard.

We don't soak our garden greens which can include various kale varieties, Swiss Chard, mustard greens, beets, tops from young carrots and several others.

I tried Collards a couple of times many, many years ago and found them to be bitter. Maybe time to try again since my gardening techniques have changed a bit and back then it was a different house/garden.

Most store bought Collard and other types of greens are commercially grown so possibly heavily fertilized, watered on a schedule instead of because the soil is dry, or maybe greenhouse grown. These sorts of growing affects commercially grown Marijuana as opposed to some of our more organic and personal approaches including growing just a few plants at a time so that could explain the bitterness. Also, older or more mature leaves on most greens tend to have a stronger and less sweet taste than the very young leaves that have only been growing for a week. Can't say as I can remember ever buying greens at a large or small supermarket.

Since you posted this I have been thinking that it might be that my Collards from long ago were grown differently, in a different soil, different soil preparation, and a different approach to watering. So my thought of growing Collards next year can be a substitute for growing as much Kale or Chard.
I’d agree with your general greens growing assessment dry soil etc. but also they’re doing bulk, trays and boxes they shuffle around at harvest time and then the packaging they go to the super market depos in. They’ll all with the best efforts in the world they will accumulate more crap on them.

How many fingers can you lose before what you have left is no longer considered a 'hand' and is now just 'fingers'? 🤔
I say having only a thumb and 1 finger, or 3 fingers and no thumb knocks you out of having a 'hand'.
My wife says that if you have a palm and any 1 finger or thumb, that it's a hand, but the palm can't be the decider - it has to be the thumb and grip-ability right??....
No thumb, or only a thumb, and you basically just have hooks.
You couldn't say 'Hand that to me' you'd have to say 'Put it in my fingers'...:rofl:

Check out my new SIPs too! And some pumpkins that me and the kids chopped up next to a bonfire. (Pro tip - its not very easy to use fire light when pumpkin carving)

20231025_181647.jpg

20231025_181709.jpg

20231024_195121.jpg

You many fingers and thumbs do you have?

Manager of the tattoo place I use here (doesn’t ink himself!) managed to put his hands through a machine press. Ouch!
I'm a marine mechanic by trade, I'd have to retire if I lost my digits. ✌️
A press?? Woof...

He tells the story to tourists complaining about the pain of their first tattoo.

Don’t want to say I have a high pain threshold but tattoo’s even 8 hours of it - its just uncomfortable for me. Cuts on your fingers can absolutely be fierce pain though.

Keep yours safe! The smells and sounds of a 4 cylinder outboard starting on still water is one of the great things for me. The cough and spray as it kicks in.

Hmm lovely.

Back
Top Bottom