Bud's Does A SIP Featuring The ViparSpectra KS5000

You can do it, when I was 20 years old I had to put a clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearings in my P/U. I learned the hard way about using a guide pin after picking up the tranny by myself n trying to line it up several hundred times. Lmao 🤣 And it took all weekend but I did it and wasn’t late for work Monday. CL🍀
Yeah, didn't go so well yesterday. Got the Sub Frame out ... no problem. Got the old bushings pounded out but the new ones I ordered from Zon were too long. Those were only $57. Had to buy some from Autozone & that was $162. Got the Bushings put back in & started putting it back together. You would think you would reassemble it in the reverse order that you took it apart, so that's what I did. Doesn't work that way. One of the first things you take off is the control arms, so it should be one of the last things you put back on. Nope, you have to put the control arms back on first. So, now I miss a day of work & get to do this all over again because you can't get the control arms to line up to bolt them in unless you connect them first. Then I had some idiot helping me who just wouldn't listen as he's a self proclaimed mechanic. Dumb ass if you ask me. He stripped out 2 bolts trying to get them in the control arms so I have to buy new bolts this morning. This sucks ! I hate working on cars & dumb asses who try to force things when they aren't working. Sure hope the bolt holes aren't stripped out too.

You have more patience than me!!! If things aren't going well after 15 minutes the sledge hammer is brought out and everything that is causing me issues is soon a crumpled, bruised mass of trembling......whew....I need another coffee!!!!
Good luck with all that.....your methods are probably better than mine!!!
I like your sense of humor. When messing with front end suspension & steering components I'm pretty picky. Wrong angle & tension on a bolt & it could snap. Sure don't want to be on the freeway at 75 & that happen.

Well since I have to wait till it's light enough to see under the car when I'm half blind I figured I'd put my SCROG NET up.
Not really a SCROG grow. Just up for Cola / Bud Support once they put the weight on. How's it look ?
303.JPG
304.JPG
305.JPG
306.JPG
307.JPG

It looks neat! I hope she puts on tons of weight! :Rasta:

Yeah, didn't go so well yesterday. Got the Sub Frame out ... no problem. Got the old bushings pounded out but the new ones I ordered from Zon were too long. Those were only $57. Had to buy some from Autozone & that was $162. Got the Bushings put back in & started putting it back together. You would think you would reassemble it in the reverse order that you took it apart, so that's what I did. Doesn't work that way. One of the first things you take off is the control arms, so it should be one of the last things you put back on. Nope, you have to put the control arms back on first. So, now I miss a day of work & get to do this all over again because you can't get the control arms to line up to bolt them in unless you connect them first. Then I had some idiot helping me who just wouldn't listen as he's a self proclaimed mechanic. Dumb ass if you ask me. He stripped out 2 bolts trying to get them in the control arms so I have to buy new bolts this morning. This sucks ! I hate working on cars & dumb asses who try to force things when they aren't working. Sure hope the bolt holes aren't stripped out too.
The first time I ever replaced disc brakes , rotors and calipers because I drove on them until it was metal on metal. The first one took me about 8hrs. and the next 15 minutes. Once you do it and have it figured out it’s ez. You’ll get it bro and if you ever have to again it will be simple. CL🍀

The first time I ever replaced disc brakes , rotors and calipers because I drove on them until it was metal on metal. The first one took me about 8hrs. and the next 15 minutes. Once you do it and have it figured out it’s ez. You’ll get it bro and if you ever have to again it will be simple. CL🍀
I hear you there. I had an Oldsmobile a while back & had to replace the Trans. Kept getting bad ones so by the 3rd or 4th time I was swapping it out in less than an hour. Knowing what you're doing helps a lot !
Well it's the nut inside the frame that is causing the issue. Bought a new bolt. Screwed it in about 3/4 of the way by hand with no problem. Then it stops dead. Put a socket on it for a few turns & then backed the bolt out. Sure enough, first couple of threads are bad now. Going to have to replace it or Tap it out. For now I have 2 really thick Grade 8 Washers on the bolt so I could tighten it. Took it for a drive & it seems to be OK. Can't say I like it like that as I'd prefer more bolt threads through the nut, instead of just some 1/2 way through the nut.

Thank You. I'm really liking this plant so far. It's probably the biggest one I've grown yet. Must be that Viparspectra KS5000. It's performing quite well !
Appreciate it! KS5000 does have great uniformity and penetration. Your proper control of other factors has also allowed it to grow nicely. :thanks: Happy growing.

Well things have been a little hectic around here the past week. Doing car repairs has taken up a whole lot of my time.
Rest of the parts should be here by tomorrow; so one more weekend & the car should be all done mechanically. Still have to take the seats out so I can shampoo the interior & detail it & then detail the engine compartment. I should be able to get about $6500 for the car once I'm done with it. Would have only got $2500 if I didn't fix her up first. Almost a new car once I finish. Only has 94,000 on a 2009. Car gets about 30 mpg so I guess it's worth the extra effort to get her in real good shape. Anyway, that's why I didn't update over the weekend. Took pics Saturday. Just didn't have time to update. So, here's the pics from Sat.

308.JPG
309.JPG
310.JPG
311.JPG
312.JPG
313.JPG

I guess, I pretty much reached my goal of filling a 4x4 with one plant. There's branches touching on all 4 walls, although it's still not as full as I had pictured in my mind. Not complaining though as she is a really big plant. I hope "Runtz Punch" turns out to be a potent strain. She grows well, I can say that much. Putting out plenty of bud. She's just now adding some sugar (Come on, give me some sugar baby) lol. I've upped the nutes to 5.5 grams since it looks like the leaves are starting to get a lighter green. She's still drinking 3 gallons a day. Around the end of the month I'll start dropping the temps little by little until the tent temp is at 68F. Hoping to bring out some colors in her. I think she'll be done by mid May.

And my little "Platinum Gorilla" is doing pretty good considering the clone I started with. She's not going to be a big producer, but I'll get to try out the strain anyway. I'm guessing about 2 oz. at best. Considering it took 2 weeks to nurse it back to health & then a 2-3 week veg after that.... I consider it to be OK.
Here's a few pics of her.

314.JPG
315.JPG
316.JPG
317.JPG

Looking sweet in there bro. Filled that tent full of healthy branches and buds. :tommy:

Hey Otter, Is this a Sativa or Indica Dominant Hybrid ? Can't really tell by the leaves as they're not fat or skinny. Just somewhere in between. Maybe it's a 50/50 mix. I do like how well it's grown so far. However, she doesn't seem to be putting out all that much sugar compared to the Platinum Gorilla. But I figure I have somewhere between 4-6 weeks left till harvest So still have time for trichs to build.

" HAPPY EASTER " fellow growers ! Hope you all have a wonderful day !
I'm getting ready to feed my ladies & take pics to post this afternoon for an update. Going to my sister in law's today for an Easter BBQ. My turn to make the Hot Wings. Wish I had some infused Oil to fry them in. Not sure how well it would work, but I'd try it anyway.

Fixing my car has been a real PITA ! Fix one thing & discover another issue all the time. I've already replaced Sub Frame Bushings, Motor Mounts, Transmission Mount, Lower Control Arms, Inner & Outer Tie Rods, Sway Bar End Links, Shocks & Struts, Brakes & more. But while swapping out Control arms I somehow put a small hole in the rubber boot for the CV Axles & a buttload of CVT fluid came out. Well, about 6-8 oz. actually. I warmed the car up & checked the Trans Fluid & no reading on the dipstick. Not Good ! These must have been leaking for a while now to be that empty since the trans takes a gallon of fluid. Ordered new CV Axles & Transmission seals, so I get to change all that out next weekend. Don't really think there's anything left under the car to change after that. Everything is new.
Tried to do the Tune up / Emissions stuff on the car yesterday. Someone apparently walked off with 2 of my o2 sensor sockets so that messed up yesterday's work. Had to order new ones to get the job done. Sure will be glad to get down to the detailing part of the job. Too much work & not enough play time for me.... lol. Especially since I'm no mechanic & do everything from You Tube videos; so it takes me twice as long to get the jobs done. But shops charge way too much to get it done, so not much choice.

See you all later with an update. Happy Easter !

Hey Otter, Is this a Sativa or Indica Dominant Hybrid ? Can't really tell by the leaves as they're not fat or skinny. Just somewhere in between. Maybe it's a 50/50 mix. I do like how well it's grown so far. However, she doesn't seem to be putting out all that much sugar compared to the Platinum Gorilla. But I figure I have somewhere between 4-6 weeks left till harvest So still have time for trichs to build.
Mine was a runtz muffin and it was an indica leaner by far. I don't know what the punch may have done. It did build sugal late if I remember right, lots of it!
" HAPPY EASTER " fellow growers ! Hope you all have a wonderful day !
I'm getting ready to feed my ladies & take pics to post this afternoon for an update. Going to my sister in law's today for an Easter BBQ. My turn to make the Hot Wings. Wish I had some infused Oil to fry them in. Not sure how well it would work, but I'd try it anyway.

Fixing my car has been a real PITA ! Fix one thing & discover another issue all the time. I've already replaced Sub Frame Bushings, Motor Mounts, Transmission Mount, Lower Control Arms, Inner & Outer Tie Rods, Sway Bar End Links, Shocks & Struts, Brakes & more. But while swapping out Control arms I somehow put a small hole in the rubber boot for the CV Axles & a buttload of CVT fluid came out. Well, about 6-8 oz. actually. I warmed the car up & checked the Trans Fluid & no reading on the dipstick. Not Good ! These must have been leaking for a while now to be that empty since the trans takes a gallon of fluid. Ordered new CV Axles & Transmission seals, so I get to change all that out next weekend. Don't really think there's anything left under the car to change after that. Everything is new.
Tried to do the Tune up / Emissions stuff on the car yesterday. Someone apparently walked off with 2 of my o2 sensor sockets so that messed up yesterday's work. Had to order new ones to get the job done. Sure will be glad to get down to the detailing part of the job. Too much work & not enough play time for me.... lol. Especially since I'm no mechanic & do everything from You Tube videos; so it takes me twice as long to get the jobs done. But shops charge way too much to get it done, so not much choice.

See you all later with an update. Happy Easter !
Happy Easter Buds! That car will be like new when you're done!

Happy Easter, Buds. :D Hope your car repair goes well too.

Going to do a quick update since I have to leave for work soon.
My "RUNTZ PUNCH" SIP Gal is doing A-OK ! Buds growing everywhere & starting to bulk up some now. Also starting to see a little frost on her. About 2 more weeks & I'll drop the temps down & see if she has any color traits to show off.... lol. Here's some pics of how she's looking now.
318.JPG
319.JPG
320.JPG
321.JPG
322.JPG
323.JPG
324.JPG
325.JPG
326.JPG
327.JPG

Back
Top Bottom