Bud's Does A SIP Featuring The ViparSpectra KS5000

The bushings and motor mounts won't be that tough, might need 2 jacks. the control arms can be a pain. I don't use a puller on em, I just smack the shit out of the knuckle with a mini sledge - the control arm will pop out like a watermelon seed. Good luck big dog!

Oh my, my. This 12 gal. SIP is a guzzler. I filled the res yesterday (3 gallons). It's dry this morning. This is just crazy. Never imagined it would drink that much. I planned on the bigger res staying full longer so I wouldn't have to fill it as much. Not turning out that way at all. She still drinks all you give her. She's going to be a little porker.
She is stretching quite a bit now & plenty of flowers started all over her. I'll do my best to get pics up soon; but I have one helluva car repair ahead of me this weekend. Subframe Bushings, Motor Mounts, Trans Mount & Control Arms all need to be replaced. Never done any of this before. But after getting a $4200.00 quote to repair it.... well, it's me & tube to fix it. The parts were only $300 so they wanted $3900 in labor& said they could have it done the same day. What the hell .... They must charge $1000 per hour for labor. Total B.S. !!!
You got this!

Oh my, my. This 12 gal. SIP is a guzzler. I filled the res yesterday (3 gallons). It's dry this morning. This is just crazy. Never imagined it would drink that much. I planned on the bigger res staying full longer so I wouldn't have to fill it as much. Not turning out that way at all. She still drinks all you give her. She's going to be a little porker.
She is stretching quite a bit now & plenty of flowers started all over her. I'll do my best to get pics up soon; but I have one helluva car repair ahead of me this weekend. Subframe Bushings, Motor Mounts, Trans Mount & Control Arms all need to be replaced. Never done any of this before. But after getting a $4200.00 quote to repair it.... well, it's me & tube to fix it. The parts were only $300 so they wanted $3900 in labor& said they could have it done the same day. What the hell .... They must charge $1000 per hour for labor. Total B.S. !!!
You could change your design and use most of the 12 gallons as the reservoir for next round. That's the design @Emilya Green and @ReservoirDog use.

You could change your design and use most of the 12 gallons as the reservoir for next round. That's the design @Emilya Green and @ReservoirDog use.
I like my design very much. I haven't had to Top Feed / Water at all. Soil stays just slightly moist & that's about as perfect as it gets in my book. I just need to figure out what's happening with the float in the internal res so the external 12 gal. res can keep things full longer. Wont be able to figure it out till I harvest though. I have a feeling roots got in the res & is stopping the float movement. If that's the issue some weed barrier cloth should do the trick. I just have to deal with it for now, but I think it will be an easy fix.

Well there's been a pretty decent stretch so far. I figure about 1 more week & she should be done stretching. Sometime between now & next week I'll put up a support net or two. She's flowering nicely with decent node spacing so I should get some nice buds off her at harvest time. I'm still feeding her at the 5 gr. per gal equivalent; but will up that to 5.5 gr. in the next week or two. She's still gulping down the nutes like she hasn't had a drink in weeks. What a lush... lol.
Everyday I have to refill the res with 3 more gallons of nutes. From what I'm seeing, this looks as if it will be my biggest plant to date. Anyone care to guess how close I'll get to my 2 lb. plant attempt ? I think I'll get at least 1.5 lbs. from this one.... but hoping for the Holy Grail of course. All I can say is, So far I'm pretty pleased with her. She's filled out the 4x4 area pretty good & by the end I think she'll be wall to wall (if things go my way).
Here's some pics ..... ENJOY !
283.JPG
284.JPG
285.JPG
286.JPG
287.JPG
288.JPG
289.JPG
290.JPG
291.JPG
292.JPG

And here is my "Cherry On Top". She's a Girl ! Yeah ! Reg. Seeds so I never know what I'll get. Sure love the the 4 main branches being so thick. They should hold up any buds that form with no problem. Why can't all plants have branches like this ? That would be awesome !
293.JPG
294.JPG
295.JPG
296.JPG

And of course we have the "Platinum Gorilla" from a clone a friend gave me. Looking forward to trying this strain out for the first time. If it's good enough I'll order some seeds. However I'm planning on ordering some "Black Orchid & Alien Moonrock" Seeds from Original Sensible Seeds in the next week for part of my next grow. Yeah, I'm already planning it.... lol. My plan is 8 different strains in 3 gal. pots. Let them get about 7-8 nodes tall & flip to flower. No Topping, but will do some LST to keep the canopy more even. Nothing like a variety of bud to smoke.
297.JPG
298.JPG
299.JPG
300.JPG

And that's all for this update.
Now to watch some car repair videos so I can get busy on it in a couple hours. Fun... Ugh.... I hate working on cars !
They're fun to customize, but hate doing repairs.

Well there's been a pretty decent stretch so far. I figure about 1 more week & she should be done stretching. Sometime between now & next week I'll put up a support net or two. She's flowering nicely with decent node spacing so I should get some nice buds off her at harvest time. I'm still feeding her at the 5 gr. per gal equivalent; but will up that to 5.5 gr. in the next week or two. She's still gulping down the nutes like she hasn't had a drink in weeks. What a lush... lol.
Everyday I have to refill the res with 3 more gallons of nutes. From what I'm seeing, this looks as if it will be my biggest plant to date. Anyone care to guess how close I'll get to my 2 lb. plant attempt ? I think I'll get at least 1.5 lbs. from this one.... but hoping for the Holy Grail of course. All I can say is, So far I'm pretty pleased with her. She's filled out the 4x4 area pretty good & by the end I think she'll be wall to wall (if things go my way).
Here's some pics ..... ENJOY !
283.JPG
284.JPG
285.JPG
286.JPG
287.JPG
288.JPG
289.JPG
290.JPG
291.JPG
292.JPG
Looking at the trunk she could go the 2#'s Buds!

That's a lotta' plant matter in that tent Buds! :Rasta:

Looking forward!

Plants are doing great. That big girl is going to be a monster plant. She's at least 3.5' tall, probably even more. Got to get the nets up this week before the branches start getting a lot of weight. Would have done it this weekend, but the car repairs are taking all my time up.
That Transmission Mount Bushing was hell to get out or I should say... was hell trying to figure out a way to get it out.
A Ball Joint Press did not work. Ended up buying a 2" Pipe Nipple with a Cap for the end & a 3 lb. Sledge. Pounded it out in about 2 minutes & another 2 minutes to put the new one in. Only took me 24 hours to figure out a way. I'm no mechanic so I don't know all the tips & tricks. Oh well, got the Motor & Transmission Mounts done. Today.... the Sub Frame Bushings. Hope all goes well on that one.

All part of the Grow Game. Can't all be winners. Seems this happens to me about 20% of the time with the Cherry on Top strain so I watch real close when growing it. It's always a gamble, but I really like the strain when things go right. Has a really good taste & a nice night time buzz to help you fall asleep.

You can do it, when I was 20 years old I had to put a clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearings in my P/U. I learned the hard way about using a guide pin after picking up the tranny by myself n trying to line it up several hundred times. Lmao 🤣 And it took all weekend but I did it and wasn’t late for work Monday. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom