Bud's Does A SIP Featuring The ViparSpectra KS5000

And here is my problem child. She just wont get happy :( . I took some microscope shots that I'll post. Maybe someone can see something. Here's the regular pics first. Notice how curled the leaves are in the last couple of pics?
That makes me think "N" toxicity. @Emilya Green what's your thoughts?
234.JPG
235.JPG
236.JPG
237.JPG
238.JPG
239.JPG

A group shot.
240.JPG

That SIP plant is gorgeous Buds!

Sorry about the stuck float. I wouldn't wish that on any man! :)

And here are the microscope shots. I'm not sure if those black spots are bugs or not. See anything guys & gals please let me know.
241.jpg
242.jpg
243.jpg
244.jpg
245.jpg
246.jpg
247.jpg
248.jpg
249.jpg
250.jpg
I am definitely thinking bugs, but I just don't know which ones they are. There's not enough deep dark green to make me think nitrogen toxicity but the curling leaves are definitely pointing to their roots. I'm still thinking aphids or some other root based pests. It looks like those bugs are burrowing right into the leaves and it's no wonder the plants are not happy.

Yeah, that's my problem. Nothing is moving.
I have a plant that was/is showing that same leaf curl thingy. I did a slurry on my soil and found it to be too alkaline. So I treated the plant with vinegar, trying to lower the pH. That didn't seem to help. (To be honest, I didn't conduct a second slurry after the treatments to see if the soil pH had gone down. Just plain lazy. :straightface: )

Anyway, I flushed the plant and now at least the new leaves are coming in uncurled.

I have a plant that was/is showing that same leaf curl thingy. I did a slurry on my soil and found it to be too alkaline. So I treated the plant with vinegar, trying to lower the pH. That didn't seem to help. (To be honest, I didn't conduct a second slurry after the treatments to see if the soil pH had gone down. Just plain lazy. :straightface: )

Anyway, I flushed the plant and now at least the new leaves are coming in uncurled.
Yeah, did a flush about a week ago but it didn't help much. I'm going to move her to a tent by herself & try to treat her.

I am definitely thinking bugs, but I just don't know which ones they are. There's not enough deep dark green to make me think nitrogen toxicity but the curling leaves are definitely pointing to their roots. I'm still thinking aphids or some other root based pests. It looks like those bugs are burrowing right into the leaves and it's no wonder the plants are not happy.
I really have to wonder if the bugs come with the soil. I never go near my plants after working in the yard until I shower.
Not sure how I would get any bugs in the first place unless they were in the soil before hand.

As of last night, we have started flower. I did a defol / trim job on her a few days prior to the flip. I also removed all the LST tie downs. Once it starts building buds/ colas it will make the branches bend outward anyway. Now to see how much she stretches before I put up the SCROG net. My external res thing isn't working. It did at first, but I think the float is stuck in the off position. The res got bone dry, so back to filling it by hand. Just my luck.... lol. Right now I have to fill it 3 times per week. I'll probably have to fill it daily by mid flower.
220.JPG
221.JPG
222.JPG
223.JPG
Beautiful plant buds

I really have to wonder if the bugs come with the soil. I never go near my plants after working in the yard until I shower.
Not sure how I would get any bugs in the first place unless they were in the soil before hand.
This is the most likely path that they followed. Rich soil attracts hungry bugs, no matter how it is stored and shipped. I look at this as an extra cost to buying my Fox Farm locally. Your 203 should arrive soon. I recommend a strong drench all around as well as foliarly. You can beat them.

Hey Buds,

Too bad about the external res and the stuck float. Think roots have trapped it?

I'm also curious why you placed the fill tube next to the plant rather than in a corner for easier access.

Good luck beating back whatever ever the issue is on that other plant. Hopefully a soil issue like has been suggested that will be cured with a good drench.

Too bad about the external res and the stuck float. Think roots have trapped it?
That's my guess. We'll find out at harvest. Easy fix with Weed Barrier Cloth.
I'm also curious why you placed the fill tube next to the plant rather than in a corner for easier access.
Had to do with the shape of the res. The Fill Tube would have to be at an angle to get to the corner of the Pot / Bin.
Good luck beating back whatever ever the issue is on that other plant. Hopefully a soil issue like has been suggested that will be cured with a good drench.
Yeah, Id sure like to save her if possible.

Back
Top Bottom