Bud's Does A SIP Featuring The ViparSpectra KS5000

I really doubt it's root rot & here's why. About 2 weeks ago I up-potted from a 3 gal. to a 5. Roots looked fine then.
The reason I up-potted was I thought it might be rootbound. This problem started 1-2 weeks before the up-pot.
I'm not saying it's impossible to have root rot, as nothing is impossible.
My other thought is.... No plant is worth too much trouble. I'm ready to just toss it. The SNS is my last attempt at fixing the problem. Then she can go in the trash if that doesn't fix the issue. I'm not going to keep babying this thing. It's just a plant & not worth the hassle.

Well, at least I can say my SIP Gal is doing pretty good. I can't say I'm entirely pleased at the way things are going; but things happen sometimes. Oh well, is what it is.
It's been almost a week since I flipped to flower. She has stretched a little so far, but I hope she stretches more. Still have another week or so for her to do so. I really expected a bigger plant with almost 10 weeks of Veg time. Maybe this strain doesn't get all that big.
251.JPG
252.JPG
253.JPG

She's starting to put out some pistils now.
254.JPG
255.JPG

She's got a really nice size stalk & branches on her.
256.JPG

She's drinking quite a bit too. I filled the res on Weds. & it was totally dry this morning. You can hear the thud of the dipstick hitting the bottom of the res. This is where the dipstick sits when the res is empty.
257.JPG

And here's where it sits when it is full.
258.JPG

To give you an idea of how much she drinks I took pics of my nute bucket before & after filling the res. It's a 3 gal. res. that empties in just 2 days. I wouldn't doubt if I have to fill it daily by mid flower.
259.JPG
260.JPG

I highly doubt I'll ever Veg this long again. It doesn't look like it's making a real big difference between a 5-6 week veg & a 10 week veg. I'll know for sure at harvest time if it was worth vegging an extra 4 weeks. But hey, I had to try it to find out.

And here is my problem child. I never did use the SNS. I did use peroxide & water for the soil; which did seem to help.
I also neemed the hell out of it before flipping to flower. As you can see in the pics the new growth is looking much better than the old. Her leaves don't seem quite as hooked as before & are laying flatter.
261.JPG
262.JPG

She's also putting out some pistils. However, the tips of the pistils are brownish, making me think it could have some root rot. I'll give it a little longer to see if she improves since there are some indications she might.
263.JPG
264.JPG

265.JPG

Her bottom leaves don't look good at all. I'm not really sure if this is damage from prior to the Peroxide & water or if it happened after the fact. I have not fed her since the rinse. I kind of think I was feeding her too strong before, so when I feed her next time I'm going to give her a little weaker nute mix.
266.JPG
267.JPG

Overall, I do think she's showing signs of improvement. Time will tell.

This is the Platinum Gorilla Clone I got from a friend. She's not looking too bad. I think this is the first plant I haven't topped or trained in at least 4 years. I forgot what they look like when I didn't do it; so that's why I didn't do it this time.
Just was curious as to how it would turn out.
268.JPG
269.JPG
270.JPG
271.JPG
272.JPG

She's also putting out some pistils now.

My head of lettuce Cherry on Top is looking more like a pot plant every day. But the branches on her are just full of bunched up small branches & leaves. One of the weirdest plants I've ever grown. No sign of sex at all yet. You can bet your ass I'm keeping a close eye on this one. It is a reg. seed for one & been through hell & back for two, so no telling ???
273.JPG
274.JPG
275.JPG

I'm sure hoping this Cherry On Top is a female. No sign of sex from her either. But she has 4 really thick branches that I would love to see "Cola Up" !~
276.JPG
277.JPG
278.JPG
279.JPG
280.JPG

And just a couple of group shots.
281.JPG
282.JPG

Th-Th-Th-th.... That's All Folks !

And here is my problem child. I never did use the SNS. I did use peroxide & water for the soil; which did seem to help.
I also neemed the hell out of it before flipping to flower. As you can see in the pics the new growth is looking much better than the old. Her leaves don't seem quite as hooked as before & are laying flatter.
261.JPG
262.JPG

She's also putting out some pistils. However, the tips of the pistils are brownish, making me think it could have some root rot. I'll give it a little longer to see if she improves since there are some indications she might.
263.JPG
264.JPG

265.JPG

Her bottom leaves don't look good at all. I'm not really sure if this is damage from prior to the Peroxide & water or if it happened after the fact. I have not fed her since the rinse. I kind of think I was feeding her too strong before, so when I feed her next time I'm going to give her a little weaker nute mix.
266.JPG
267.JPG

I think you fixed her Buds!
My head of lettuce Cherry on Top is looking more like a pot plant every day. But the branches on her are just full of bunched up small branches & leaves. One of the weirdest plants I've ever grown. No sign of sex at all yet. You can bet your ass I'm keeping a close eye on this one. It is a reg. seed for one & been through hell & back for two, so no telling ???
273.JPG
274.JPG
275.JPG

I'm sure hoping this Cherry On Top is a female. No sign of sex from her either. But she has 4 really thick branches that I would love to see "Cola Up" !~
276.JPG
277.JPG
278.JPG
279.JPG
280.JPG

And just a couple of group shots.
281.JPG
282.JPG

Th-Th-Th-th.... That's All Folks !
You hear about giving reg seeds first 10 days up 12/12 light then switch over to 18/6 to get a 30 day window to tell sex? I watched it done on 4 if I remember correctly and at least 3 sexed in that time.

261.JPG
262.JPG

263.JPG
264.JPG

265.JPG

266.JPG
267.JPG

You hear about giving reg seeds first 10 days up 12/12 light then switch over to 18/6 to get a 30 day window to tell sex? I watched it done on 4 if I remember correctly and at least 3 sexed in that time.
In the past I use to Top & then put the clone on 12/12 which is similar to what you are talking about. I've grown this strain a bunch of times & have only got a few males. 90% females so far, but luck can change.
That would be nice. Hope you're right.

It doesn't look like it's making a real big difference between a 5-6 week veg & a 10 week veg. I'll know for sure at harvest time if it was worth vegging an extra 4 weeks.
Just from my own experience I've got a huge difference in plant and bud size between my normal 14 week veg and my current 9.5 week veg. I would imagine the same thing would happen between 6 and 10 weeks.

Just from my own experience I've got a huge difference in plant and bud size between my normal 14 week veg and my current 9.5 week veg. I would imagine the same thing would happen between 6 and 10 weeks.
Holy Moly.... You veg 14 weeks ? That's the longest veg I've heard of so far. You must be pulling at least a pound a plant with that much veg. Got any pics of a 14 week veg ? I'm curious as to what that looks like.
Have you decided whether or not to try a SIP grow yet ? You mentioned in a prior post you were thinking about giving it a try. There's definitely a big difference in growth with the same amount of Veg time.
I still like doing things both ways though.

I gave my buddy the Problem Child "Runtz Punch" & the Head of lettuce "Cherry on Top" last night. I'm not a big fan of ugly looking plants... lol. He dropped off a Q.P. from the Do-Si-Dos I gave him & some Chocolate Bars with Almonds he made. He mainly makes edibles & vape juice with the weed he grows. He will finish those 2 plants up & then give me some of it, so it works out fine with me.

I gave my buddy the Problem Child "Runtz Punch" & the Head of lettuce "Cherry on Top" last night. I'm not a big fan of ugly looking plants... lol. He dropped off a Q.P. from the Do-Si-Dos I gave him & some Chocolate Bars with Almonds he made. He mainly makes edibles & vape juice with the weed he grows. He will finish those 2 plants up & then give me some of it, so it works out fine with me.
That sounds like a nice tasty swap.

Holy Moly.... You veg 14 weeks ? That's the longest veg I've heard of so far. You must be pulling at least a pound a plant with that much veg. Got any pics of a 14 week veg ? I'm curious as to what that looks like.
Have you decided whether or not to try a SIP grow yet ? You mentioned in a prior post you were thinking about giving it a try. There's definitely a big difference in growth with the same amount of Veg time.
I still like doing things both ways though.
They're not that big because they're in 7 gallon pots (mostly, in olden days they were in 10s). Here's a Carnival vegged for 113 days (10.5oz), here's a Tin Can Kush vegged for 101 days (10.6oz), and here's a Trainwreck vegged for 98 days (11.6oz).

Keep in mind I have no control over my environment so 14 weeks in a tent might have looked very different. Still, I think the idea is to max out the root space in the pot, however long that takes. My pots end up with no give at all when you push the sides, and the rootball comes out as a single piece at the end.

They're not that big because they're in 7 gallon pots (mostly, in olden days they were in 10s). Here's a Carnival vegged for 113 days (10.5oz), here's a Tin Can Kush vegged for 101 days (10.6oz), and here's a Trainwreck vegged for 98 days (11.6oz).
They do look great when they're wet trimmed while still in their containers, just all colas!

Keep in mind I have no control over my environment so 14 weeks in a tent might have looked very different. Still, I think the idea is to max out the root space in the pot, however long that takes. My pots end up with no give at all when you push the sides, and the rootball comes out as a single piece at the end.
Ahh, you grow outdoors, but in pots. I see. Always thought you were in tents. Go figure.... lol.

As you can see in the pics the new growth is looking much better than the old. Her leaves don't seem quite as hooked as before & are laying flatter.
I feel her buds got fixed!
To give you an idea of how much she drinks I took pics of my nute bucket before & after filling the res. It's a 3 gal. res. that empties in just 2 days. I wouldn't doubt if I have to fill it daily by mid flower.
It really drank a lot! 😆

Oh my, my. This 12 gal. SIP is a guzzler. I filled the res yesterday (3 gallons). It's dry this morning. This is just crazy. Never imagined it would drink that much. I planned on the bigger res staying full longer so I wouldn't have to fill it as much. Not turning out that way at all. She still drinks all you give her. She's going to be a little porker.
She is stretching quite a bit now & plenty of flowers started all over her. I'll do my best to get pics up soon; but I have one helluva car repair ahead of me this weekend. Subframe Bushings, Motor Mounts, Trans Mount & Control Arms all need to be replaced. Never done any of this before. But after getting a $4200.00 quote to repair it.... well, it's me & tube to fix it. The parts were only $300 so they wanted $3900 in labor& said they could have it done the same day. What the hell .... They must charge $1000 per hour for labor. Total B.S. !!!

Back
Top Bottom