420 Magazine Background

Winter Hash

Brewsterman

Plant of the Month: May 2022
it's time to make some winter hash. anybody else got winter blues , now is the best time for winter hash
all you need is -30 c degrees, a 100 micron nylon strainer bag, and a garbage bag
just like having a walk in freezer :D

put all your leaf, larf or popcorn bud in the nylon bag then put that in the garbage bag
leave outside in -30 c for 4 hours, hold strainer bag with garbage wrapped around & shake for 5-10 min
( probably closer to 5 min It's d*m cold outside )
go inside, pour out all your beautiful trichomes & press into hash
you can shake it a couple of times
:48:

Hash in minutes, No fuss, no mess
When life gives you lemons (or in this case freezing cold) , take advantage
Why should I waste my money on dry ice or mess with ice water

Brewsterman

Did my shake last night, got quite a nice return
now to stick it all together

IMG_2594.JPG

Brewsterman

WINTER HASH!!!!!! When it gets that cold all I've been doing is feeding the wood to the stove and making dry sift with screens. Got me feeling like a dumb %&"* way out in left field! I missed it all together, what a great idea. Thanks.
hi odjob, you're welcome. this is also a great time to make honey oil
after sifting there's always still some left
I like the fact that my alcohol never warms up, while I'm filtering in the sub zero temperatures
helping to keep the plant waxes out of my honey oil

here's a picture of my hash pressed into blocks

IMG_2599.JPG

Brewsterman

Did a shake on all my trim from last year, temps hit a bone chilling -38 c last night
As you can see my third shake didn't result in very much, but it shows me it's mostly trichomes that are getting through the 100 micron bag & not plant material . By the third shake the leaves are getting lot more busted up

easy as can be, took only a few minutes and less than $10 .
Glad I didn't waste my money on bubble bags :D

I will now wash w/ alcohol, the trim to see how much resin is left
Also have some bud material, I didn't care for straining right now, in the -30 weather

IMG_3107.JPG

IMG_3132.JPG

nivek

Photo of the Month: Oct 2018
enjoy that friend,, i do mine,, i have some critical purple kush to do that with,, it is yummy to the max,, so much flavour,,

happy new year indeed

Brewsterman

And here we have big leaf sift turned into a ball of hash
I start by setting my ss steamer pan on the wood stove, with a razor blade keep moving the pile around ,keeping it on the thinner side , so all the sift warms evenly .
When it starts to melt & stick to the pan scrape it off. Push into the corner & with gloved hand start kneading it like dough . when it feels like it is sticky enough Squeeze into a ball
allow to cool, wrap in plastic wrap

If you want darker & sticker hash apply more Heat , but the more heat you apply you start to lose some THC from vaporization

IMG_3134.JPG

IMG_3135.JPG

IMG_3136.JPG

IMG_3137.JPG

IMG_3138.JPG

Top Bottom