What Have We Here?

HayStack

Ima tell ya.

These three little gems just got themselvs saved from the burn pile. Originally they came from the clones I created early this year in this thread.
First Clones
They are the three little potted clones just behind the dome. I've had them sitting outside in the a shady area on my deck for a couple months now. They were the only three that I did not plant or give away. I was looking at them the other day deciding what to do with them. They were going to go in the burn pile until I noticed that they were budding. I guess they started budding because they only got a few hours of light a day and most of those days have been cloudy and windy. So I took mercy on them and figured I'd let them just grow in the tent that I'm not using for now. So back in the tent they went.

The strain is Prism #1
They are small because they never came out of the little 1 quart pots.
They've had nothing but water for the last month or so. No nutrients whatsoever.
The nutrients that they will be getting now is Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Connoisseur, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Real Growers Recharge and maybe some Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy.
The lighting will be nothing more than a single 600 Watt VipreSpectra LED.
The tent is a 3x3x5 tent that I have been using for cloning.

I have only had three indoor grows so far. One with CFL's. One with LED's and my current grow with CMH's. It will be interesting to see how well these grow with just one 600 Watt LED. I think the LED only draws about 280 watts or so. I've never grown indoors with anything less than 600 so far.

I'm heading down to the hydro store this afternoon to pick up some happy frog and a few one or two gallon cloth pots. Who knows. MAybe this will turn into something special!

Transplanting is done. Here are a few more pics.

Here is what they looked like back on 4-20. Oh how convenient, 420! Ha.

Here is a better pic of what they looked like today before I transplanted them.

And here they are all potted up just a few minutes ago.

The buds are already pretty substantial.

There's not a whole lot going on in my little 3x3 tent. But they are doing well. The buds have gotten a little bigger. Hopefully they'll continue to grow for the next 7 weeks or so. This evening will be the first nutrients They've gotten since coming back in the house. I'll be giving them a full dose of Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Connoisseur A-B. I'm pretty sure the pics from next week will be much better. Tomorrow evening, I'll give them plain water, then on Wednesday, they'll get some recharge. Everything seems to respond pretty good to Recharge. I love that stuff.

OK, so it's been 11 days since I updated this journal. Nothing great to talk about, but they have been steadily getting bigger. The buds seem to be forming nicely and getting very frost. The'll still be very small when I harvest them in another 4 or 5 weeks, but hopefully it will be worth it.

Since they are so small, I have a question for all of you. Originally these three girls were just sitting in the corner of my balcony and waiting for me to pull them out and throw them in the burn pile. But then I noticed they seemed to have some decent bud growth on them, so I re potted and threw them in the tent to see what I could get. Would you all have done the same? Or would have just thrown them on the burn pile? And lastly, is it even worth the amount of power I'm using to keep them going?

OK, so it's been 11 days since I updated this journal. Nothing great to talk about, but they have been steadily getting bigger. The buds seem to be forming nicely and getting very frost. The'll still be very small when I harvest them in another 4 or 5 weeks, but hopefully it will be worth it.

Since they are so small, I have a question for all of you. Originally these three girls were just sitting in the corner of my balcony and waiting for me to pull them out and throw them in the burn pile. But then I noticed they seemed to have some decent bud growth on them, so I re potted and threw them in the tent to see what I could get. Would you all have done the same? Or would have just thrown them on the burn pile? And lastly, is it even worth the amount of power I'm using to keep them going?

It's always worth it.
I would grow them out.Nothing wrong with some more smoke brother

It's always worth it.
I would grow them out.Nothing wrong with some more smoke brother
Thanks for that. I was thinking the same thing. But sometimes I wonder if I'm doing the right thing or if my obsession with growing is clouding my better judgement. Ha!

Thanks for that. I was thinking the same thing. But sometimes I wonder if I'm doing the right thing or if my obsession with growing is clouding my better judgement. Ha!
Perfect is the enemy of good enough....what you aren't factoring is the valuables lessons and experience you are gaining with each grow...that can only be earned, not bought....

Hey all,
I have not updated in this journal for a while mostly because there was really nothing good to report. A couple weeks ago I noticed a lot of powdery mildew was forming again. I took them outside to spray them down with neem oil hoping it would get rid of it. It got rid of it, but it also seems to have put all three of them into a little growth shock as well. All of the whit hairs turned brown and they stopped growing. In the last few days they have started to sprout a few new whit hairs. You can see them in the pics. I hope this means they will continue to grow. I got my fingers crossed.

After going through a 3 week shock period from my neem oil treatment, the girls have com back to life. They are growing again and looking good. At this point I have no idea when harvest will be. I'll just have to keep an eye on them. But at least they are happy now. Monetarily, I think this was not the best investment. But it was great for the experience of seeing how three little plants in three little pots would grow after prematurely budding outdoors in the spring, only to go back in the tent with a 12/12 lighting setup. And to top that off, only using a 600 watt cheap LED light. No telling what could have happened if I put them in larger pots and reveged for a while.

You don't know what strain it was?
Whatever strain they are it's quite hardy for all that it's been through.
Good work and it looks like a decent amount of smoke.

You don't know what strain it was?
Whatever strain they are it's quite hardy for all that it's been through.
Good work and it looks like a decent amount of smoke.
The strain is called Prism#1. And yeah, the took a hell of a beating. Especially when I first put them out in the spring. Some morning's I would come out to find the wind had blown them all the way to the other side of the tent.

Money can't buy experience...:)
Ain't that the truth. And now that growing is legal, at least to some extent. I can really play around and experiment. Back in the day there was no time to experiment. You just had to plant and pray. Lol.

So this grow did not turn out as well as I had hoped. But it was a great learning experience . But the experience is not over yet!

This is what I got off of one plant. I didn't chop it all though. It's probably going to be somewhere around 1 oz when dried.

Two others are still growing in the tent and will be harvested this weekend. I'm going to leave some growth on all of them, then out on the deck they'll go. Hopefully they will grow more and give me a second harvest, or they'll just die. We'll see

Back
Top Bottom