Haystack's Outdoor Grow

HayStack

Here are a few pics of my 2018 outdoor grow. I have a total of four plants for this year. But I got some much larger pots than I had last year. The two black pots are 50 gallon fabric pots and the two tan pots are 45 gallon pots. Here is what is growing. The soil I am using is a mix of lasts seasons Happy Frog, Some new Happy Frog, Kellogg raised bed and potting mix and finally a bag of Sunshine 4 Mix. I picked all of them up from either my nearby hydro store or Home Depot.

1.) Two Gorilla Glue 4's. They are the smaller plants. I picked them up from a local dispensary a little over a week ago. Up until yesterday, they were in my tent under two 315 watt CMH's
2.) Two UltraVolence. These were clones that I took from my last grow. here is a link to their beginnings. First Clones

For nutrients I am using the following.

This what I am using for the veg stage
1.) Real Growers Recharge
2.) Primordial Sea Green
3.) Miracle Grow All Purpose

This is what I'm using for the flowering stage
1.) Real Growers Recharge
2.) Primordial Sea Green
3.) Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Part A and B
4.) Advanced Nutrients Big Bud
And for the final stage of flower
5.) Advanced Nutrients Overdrive

And finally when needed during veg and flower
6.) Andvanced Nutrients Cal/Mag.

So far everything has gone quite well. The one exception is the one Ultraviolence that I planted outside a couple weeks ago. I planted it just to see how it would react outdoors a couple weeks early. And of course those two weeks turned out to be unusually cool and windy. The main steam ended up getting blown off about 3 or 4 nodes from the top. That was kind of a bummer, but oh well. It seems to be recovering fine. Hopefully we will get good weather from here on out till the fall.

These two pics were yesterday right after I planted them.

These three pics are from this morning shortly after I tied down the branches on one of the Ultraviolence plants. It's a little windy today, so I put the chairs in front of the railing to block some of the wind. It helps a lot.

I'll keep this Journal updated till harvest. My goal is for somewhere around 8 lbs. I've never used pots this large before, so I have my fingers crossed.

Nice looking plants HayStack, I’ll be tagging along. I bet there are many on here as jealous as me that you have a grow room with such a nice view. I could spend all day out there with them. Good Luck!
Thanks. I am thankful for what I have, that's for sure. The only problem with growing here is the wildlife. Lots of deer and other animals who like to eat plants like these. Luckily my deck is up on the second floor with no way up there unless they make their way through the front door and to the back of the house. And I have been known to spend hours out there smoking a nice bud with a beer in hand just staring at the plants. I don't really do much to them, I just stare at them in a trance like state. Hahaha.

So it's been a little over a weeks since I started this outdoor grow. I thought I would have better news, but the weather here has been nothing but cold, cloudy and windy. I live on the crest of a hill, so the winds can get a little strong up here. the temps have been in the low to mid 60's during the day and in the low to mid 50's at night. The good news is that they say the weather will be better starting Sunday. We should be back in the mid 70's during the day and mid 50's at night with plenty of sunshine!

Here are some pics I just took.

I'm using the chairs as a wind break.

The two GG4's looking good

The two UltraViolence.

I lost one branch to the wind. :( But no worries. It's only May, so there is plenty of time for a lot more new growth.

In the last week there has been some substantial growth and as of today, the sun is back out and according to the weather reports, its here to stay!!! Both of the Ultraviolence plants are now fully trained. We'll see just how well they grow under the sun. The GG4's are doing well too. MAybe next weekend I'll start training them.

The two trained UltraViolence

The two GG4's

I know,I just posted pics on Saturday. But the full sunlight seems to have started a little growth spurt so I'm posting some from this morning. The color is a lot better too.

UltaViolence

GG4's

I love an outdoor grow & yous is off to a smashing start!

Oh what the hell. I already posted some pics of my indoor grow today. So I might as well post some of my outdoor grow too. It's a prefect day fro growing. Upper 70's is the best in my opinion. And I think the girls think so too.

I love these big fabric pots too. I can put a gallon or two in them and it's good for at least three or four days before I have to water again. We'll see how well they work when the weather starts to heat up. I might have to water every other day then.

All four just basking in the sun.

The stalks on the GG4's are really thickening up!

The two GG4's

The two UltraViolence getting out of hand!

I am also growing in 45 gallon pots...you should consider adding tomato cages or some other type of trellising. First year I am using cages and I am sold...easy to just feed the branches out at the various heights and it trains them with out tying the branches. I also secured the cage to the fabric pot to increase the structural stability. It is working really well for me. Your plants will be getting BIG...now is the time to trellis...:cool:

Beautiful plants HayStack :goodjob: are you planning on having those trees creep over the Balcony? :thumb:

It depends on how they grow. But I have a bunch of 5' stakes and green garden tape. I'll probably just contain them with that.

I am also growing in 45 gallon pots...you should consider adding tomato cages or some other type of trellising. First year I am using cages and I am sold...easy to just feed the branches out at the various heights and it trains them with out tying the branches. I also secured the cage to the fabric pot to increase the structural stability. It is working really well for me. Your plants will be getting BIG...now is the time to trellis...:cool:

Those are looking good. I took a look at your journal and your previous crop looks like it came out really nice.

I'm not using tomato cages. But I do have a ton of 5' stakes and green gardening tape. That's what I have used on my previous outdoor grows.

In the last week there has been some substantial growth and as of today, the sun is back out and according to the weather reports, its here to stay!!! Both of the Ultraviolence plants are now fully trained. We'll see just how well they grow under the sun. The GG4's are doing well too. MAybe next weekend I'll start training them.

The two trained UltraViolence

The two GG4's

Good show HayStack !! I'm liking your style !! One suggestion, tie those chairs to the railing, when not home. My buddy had an apt. with a large balcony/deck, and someone used ladders to rip off his crop. Keep it green !!

Glad you like it. Keep watching, I'm hoping it gets a lot better.

But I'm not too worried about security though. They'd have to get by 3 big dogs and 4 men to get at the plants. That's not to say it's impossible to get to them. Just pretty difficult.

Back
Top Bottom