Here We Go Again

Of got mixed emotions with that post. Great to have you try again. This time you will probably notice a difference in growth. I’ve grown in 30-34C temperatures before, it’s not unheard of.

did it help by turning your light down as much as you can?

it’s a little disheartening and a little worrying putting this much money into it so far and having no results. But that’s life, dust off and give it another go, I’m just worried about running out of money to put into this is all. Dropping the light to 250w instead of 600w drops the temp by about 4-5 degrees from what I’ve been able to tell. The yield difference I would get from a 250w compared to a potential 600w is pretty massive right? I’m looking to try and get 12oz a yield. I have read through several posts where people are hitting 20 from a 600w light like mine over a 3 month period. (They clearly have more experience than myself so that must also be taken into account so I figured 12oz may be do-able. However the more I continue trying with this I feel I may have been aiming too high to begin with.)

There shouldn’t be any more expenses except for worm casting and perlite. (As long as you have your nutrients) Once you have that. Germinate you’re seed. Plant it. Keep your light at 250 for now. Look at a plants life like, this...
  • Seeding/cutting
  • Early veg
  • Late veg
  • Early flower
  • Late flower
keep your light at 250 for seedling and the beginning of early veg. After that time, slowly increase your light... so that when your in early/mid flower. Your light will be at 600 like you wanted.

There shouldn’t be any more expenses except for worm casting and perlite. (As long as you have your nutrients) Once you have that. Germinate you’re seed. Plant it. Keep your light at 250 for now. Look at a plants life like, this...
  • Seeding/cutting
  • Early veg
  • Late veg
  • Early flower
  • Late flower
keep your light at 250 for seedling and the beginning of early veg. After that time, slowly increase your light... so that when your in early/mid flower. Your light will be at 600 like you wanted.

I think it’s time to just bite the bullet here. The room it was currently set up in was sitting around 23-24 degrees. I’ve checked the temps of the other room with a window that I would be able to open discretely without anyone seeing and we’re looking at roughly 19 degrees With the temperature still dropping. I don’t want to have to do this but in the interest of having a successful grow I may have to switch rooms around and move myself into the front room. Poor planning from myself without proper testing of the environment along with buying inappropriate growing media has led to this. However life is all about learning and I thoroughly believe in learning from my mistakes.

I’m worried about noise from this room as it’s directly in front of the stairs when you walk up them however I’m looking to minimise this noise by placing the extractor fan in the attic so the only noise will be coming from the end of the ducting which I can vent out the window.

I’m not saying, “yes, move everything to the back room” because that’s not my decision. If it’s going to be inconvenient for you then don’t do it, unless you really think it’ll benefit you. At some point you gotta do what you gotta deal with the noise, and gradually think of better ways to mask the noise. Like have a whole cut in black cardboard, with a fan in it while it’s in the window drawing air out the room. There’s always ways around things... just gotta think of the way. Get your self set up. Get your soil/medium and we’ll get you set up with a successful grow! :high-five:

I’m not saying, “yes, move everything to the back room” because that’s not my decision. If it’s going to be inconvenient for you then don’t do it, unless you really think it’ll benefit you. At some point you gotta do what you gotta deal with the noise, and gradually think of better ways to mask the noise. Like have a whole cut in black cardboard, with a fan in it while it’s in the window drawing air out the room. There’s always ways around things... just gotta think of the way. Get your self set up. Get your soil/medium and we’ll get you set up with a successful grow! :high-five:

as much of an inconvenience it may be moving rooms and all that I think it’s a better option to go for instead of having a third failed grow 3-4 weeks down the line again. Unfortunately I am in work until Friday so this moving will have to be a weekend job that very likely will run into next week. I will keep y’all updated on the progress. Hopefully we can get a nice setup going and a successful grow! This being said I know it’s an extremely broad question but I am looking to get hold of some a new strain, preferably of Barneys farm variety as I’m now going to need more as I have none left.

Anything with a nice flavour and high yield? I had skittles off a few guys I know a year or so back and it was without doubt in my top 3 strains. So flavoursome. Or is it worth me just getting some more skittles strain?

The pineapple chunk is highly recommended by them. I’ve never ordered from Barney’s before... but they say it’s a high yielding fruity indica, and is a cup winning favourite Click here to check it out.

the pandemic has caused delays. The air cooled light came today as did the extra fan, now I have a carbon filter fan to extraair and I also have an in-line fan that will be blowing air into the air cooled light. I’m very pleased with the quality of the air cooled light it’s very robust.

I have dumped the 4 that were in there as there was no point in trying to keep them alive now until maybe some time next week when I have the tent set up in a new environment. I’m looking forward to starting fresh and hopefully getting a good harvest out of this when it’s set up correctly.

I just checked on the autos too and all but one of the plants seem to be getting brown leaves that are dying. As far as I was told the autos I bought were 60 days from germinated seed to harvest. We’re nearly 30 days in now on a 20/4 light cycle and I have started adding flowering nutes however the buds are looking very small and I don’t even think I’m going to get an ounce off all 4 plants with the auto :(

I also have the pineapple chunk on Route. Looks a good strain and I see is something that is recommended for beginners with a high yield. Thankyou for the recommendation!

Glad you were able to get your light. With all that ventilation you should be able to kick this heat in the ass.

just because they say an auto takes 60 days, doesn’t mean they will be exactly 60 days. It might be 60 if conditions are identical to their testing conditions, but there’s other things a person needs to factor in. Ultimately, an auto won’t switch to flower till they’re mature enough, and are good and ready.

sweet man! I’m actually really excited to see what the pineapple chunk can do!:yahoo:
Get your self some 100% worm castings, and perlite. Your almost set for another attempt!

Are you able to buy peat pucks? I like starting seedlings in those until you see roots pop out the bottom of the pod. I find it’s easy to care of seedlings like that because you can water them very gently until they’re a bit stronger. If not no worries,:thumb:

Glad you were able to get your light. With all that ventilation you should be able to kick this heat in the ass.

just because they say an auto takes 60 days, doesn’t mean they will be exactly 60 days. It might be 60 if conditions are identical to their testing conditions, but there’s other things a person needs to factor in. Ultimately, an auto won’t switch to flower till they’re mature enough, and are good and ready.

sweet man! I’m actually really excited to see what the pineapple chunk can do!:yahoo:
Get your self some 100% worm castings, and perlite. Your almost set for another attempt!

Are you able to buy peat pucks? I like starting seedlings in those until you see roots pop out the bottom of the pod. I find it’s easy to care of seedlings like that because you can water them very gently until they’re a bit stronger. If not no worries,:thumb:

yeah I get what you’re saying. I mean when they’re ready I’ll know anyway, I’ll keep an eye on them anyway. As far as I’m aware not much wrong can be done with autos. If I get a small yield from them then I get a small yield from them it is what it is.

Uh oh. I might’ve done this wrong with the soil I’ve bought. I have bought terra professional plus. Was there something else I needed to buy with that?

the peat pucks actually sounds like a really good idea. I can get some however chose not to, I will get some though. The delivery will more than likely cost more than the peat pucks lol but will be worth it. Being able to water them very gently until they’re ready like you said makes a lot of sense to me. Even though I think realistically I would be fine with small pots like I have been I think the peat pucks will help strengthen them.

Uh oh. I might’ve done this wrong with the soil I’ve bought. I have bought terra professional plus. Was there something else I needed to buy with that?
Yeah i mentioned 100% worm castings, and perlite. Then mix the two together at a 50/50. (A scoop of WC and a scoop of perlite, so on and so forth, Then mix together)

but I’m unfamiliar with the stuff you bought, I will have to check it out to see what’s in it.

the peat pucks actually sounds like a really good idea. I can get some however chose not to, I will get some though. The delivery will more than likely cost more than the peat pucks lol but will be worth it. Being able to water them very gently until they’re ready like you said makes a lot of sense to me. Even though I think realistically I would be fine with small pots like I have been I think the peat pucks will help strengthen them.
Where are you located again? The UK?

yeah my apologies, I didn’t mean for you to have to order them that second. I kinda figured you were still able to go to a few selected stores so you didn’t have to pay for shipping.

I like starting in them. I didn’t in my most recent grow, and I regret it, but I only had three left... and had 10 uncounted for. So I decided to start them in small pots. Everything was going well till recently. I don’t think it has anything to do with not starting them in the pucks but, it’s always in the back of my head. Hahaha I gotta blame it on something

terra professional plus
I couldn’t find too much about it by googling it. It doesn’t say if it has perlite in it or not. When you look at the medium, does it have lil white balls in with it? And if so, I’m curious to what the ratio is of the two. If it doesn’t, then yes you will want a bag of perlite. You add the two together, at a 50/50 ratio. This allows for proper drainage for your roots. The want the best possible drainage you can get, to minimize root rot.

I couldn’t find too much about it by googling it. It doesn’t say if it has perlite in it or not. When you look at the medium, does it have lil white balls in with it? And if so, I’m curious to what the ratio is of the two. If it doesn’t, then yes you will want a bag of perlite. You add the two together, at a 50/50 ratio. This allows for proper drainage for your roots. The want the best possible drainage you can get, to minimize root rot.

just purchased some perlite and peat pucks! It’s all a learning curve and at some points it has been very stressful especially money wise. I feel after the first harvest I will have a much more positive view on this as a whole and then I’ll be able to enjoy the process of watching my plants grow as I know what is needed, what needs to be done etc. Man I’ve been reading some forums of people hitting 20 from a 3 month setup on a 600w hps setup similar to mine....is this possible or a pipe dream??

Okay the rooms are nearly switched over now. What is the setup I should be looking to go for here? I have 2 inline ram 5” fans. One 5 inch air cooled light. A carbon filter. 15 metres of 5 inch ducting all for a 1x1m tent. How best do I go about doing this? Sounds stupid but is there any sort of diagram online or the exact method I should be following so I know I’m doing everything correctly this time?

You want an extraction point at the top of the tent. Hot air rises, and it’s best to have the extraction point at the top of the tent (I’m sure you knew that) then have an entrance Intake. You have one of your vents open at the bottom of the tent pulling fresh air into the tent through the plants and out the top of the tent. You should also have a small fan inside the tent blowing on the ladies... be carful though because directly being pointed at the plants at a short distance can cause the plants to have wind burn, or tears in the leaves... it happens so oscillating fans are ideal but not always needed. I don’t have an oscillating fan but they are the cats meow. Did I answer your question? If not, please elaborate on what kind of answer your looking for :thumb:

For the most part yes however in terms of an extraction point I will have a carbon filter in there sucking air out and exhausting out the window, Do I still need an extraction point? Also in regards to the air cooled light I have another inline fan, am I blowing hot air into the cal or am I supposed to be sucking air out of it?

I will take a picture in the next week after I have set it up so you have a better idea of how the setup looks and understand what I mean a bit better as I’m not very good at explaining

will take a picture in the next week after I have set it up so you have a better idea of how the setup looks and understand what I mean a bit better as I’m not very good at explaining
Awesome! That helps a lot!! :high-five:

For the most part yes however in terms of an extraction point I will have a carbon filter in there sucking air out and exhausting out the window, Do I still need an extraction point? Also in regards to the air cooled light I have another inline fan, am I blowing hot air into the cal or am I supposed to be sucking air out of it?
All you should need is one extraction point. As long as your fan has enough CFM to it for your tent. One fresh air intake should be more then sufficient, you could always open one fresh air intake points on each side of the tent to allow more fresh air into the tent to help cool it off (as long as the room temperature is lower then the tent). Or also if the fan is in the lowest setting, and your tent is still collapsing in to much from the negative air pressure then having another spot for air to get in always helps.

So I grew these under a 250w CFL. Probably have a few weeks left but something definitely did not go right with these lol. The tallest one is roughly 7 inches tall. Haven’t had time to sort out the other tent yet but I am still continuing it for those interested. I have just hit fail after fail so far with all of this. It’s so disappointing.

Attachments

• 755A7AF0-F0B5-4A64-9F8C-E3C64E482865.jpeg
    755A7AF0-F0B5-4A64-9F8C-E3C64E482865.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
Your still using those clay balls.

how’s the big set up going? Did you get it all moved and dialed in?

that was what I originally had the autos planted in so I didn’t bother switching them over as I thought switching soil and adding perlite would not make enough of a difference for 3 weeks left of them.

i haven’t had time to do the other set up as of yet however I am off work tomorrow and for the most part have moved what I needed up in the attic and I will attempt to get it all done tomorrow. hopefully I will not encounter too many issues doing this especially with cutting holes in the ceiling and running ducting through the attic. Here’s hoping for some success finally.

Back
Top Bottom