Here We Go Again

This is really hurting now. I have a ram in-line 5 inch fan in the attic that’s pulling air through it then pushing through the light which is then getting pushed out of the ducting at the back of the tent to an outside window but it’s still as high as 30 degrees. I haven’t yet put an extractor fan with a carbon filter set up to pull air out yet. I have no air ducting going into the tent From the window to bring fresh air in because I already have ducting getting pushed out the window so it will just take the air that’s getting pushed out from the light and bring it back in?

Attachments

• DE8BFA00-7B80-406A-BEE4-D1FC91CD7396.jpeg
    DE8BFA00-7B80-406A-BEE4-D1FC91CD7396.jpeg
    992.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 6D821E04-BC79-479F-8C8A-FC8B297B3A3A.jpeg
    6D821E04-BC79-479F-8C8A-FC8B297B3A3A.jpeg
    516.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 63884EC7-6310-4CAE-8662-D47A0C37590D.jpeg
    63884EC7-6310-4CAE-8662-D47A0C37590D.jpeg
    752.2 KB · Views: 42
This is really hurting now. I have a ram in-line 5 inch fan in the attic that’s pulling air through it then pushing through the light which is then getting pushed out of the ducting at the back of the tent to an outside window but it’s still as high as 30 degrees. I haven’t yet put an extractor fan with a carbon filter set up to pull air out yet. I have no air ducting going into the tent From the window to bring fresh air in because I already have ducting getting pushed out the window so it will just take the air that’s getting pushed out from the light and bring it back in?

latest reading is 31.2. Very slowly rising. I think it’s worth noting however that I have the ballast on the highest 600w setting so I am technically seeing improvements. They’re just very small.

Okay it’s sitting at 32 degrees. I have all 3 windows in the bedroom open so there’s air coming in the room. I am pulling air from the attic and pushing it through the air cooled light and then out the window in the bedroom. What else can I be doing here? The attic is not a cold place so it’s not like I’m pulling air from a cool place. Sounds really stupid but at this point I was thinking of getting a mini fridge, putting it in the attic and using that to pull cool air from and into the air cooled light. Surely that is enough to cool it??

It’s a relatively warm day today and we are sitting at a steady 28.5c.

I’ve also thought of doing something different too. As of now I am venting out of a window.... I am thinking of possibly pulling air through the window through the air cooled lighting and extracting it into a different room. Realistically wouldn’t that make more sense?

only problem is the noise however I have looked into several more ways to reduce noise and have seen some people making a wooden box enclosing their extractor fan inside. would this make the fans noticeably quieter?

Back
Top Bottom