Chase Does A Comparative Grow: Sponsored By Seedsman - Featuring Black Sugar

one more Aerolight and a 5x2 tent and I’ll really be cooking! @VIVOSUN ;)
C1751E9F-E503-4B86-AC6A-34C9ADDB5799.png

Wish list. For now my wife will off my head :). To many mouths to feed if you know what I mean!

Good morning Chase :)

You’re really are creating a beautiful area for her to grow.

And I was today years old when I first saw Lake Huron.

A M A Z I N G !

IMG_9837.jpeg
Thank you for the kind compliments!
Still have a very long ways to catch you :)

Lake Huron and the surrounding Great Lakes are just amazing :)
Very glad I moved here.
Winter is rough.
Summer makes it worth it!

Day 11. New E6 fan installed. Clean and fresh Air filter arrived and installed today. Nothing else left but to watch the green grass grow and hope we avoid any troubles.
246A416A-91FF-4E7E-B272-DB747304A94B.jpeg

Day 11. New E6 fan installed. Clean and fresh Air filter arrived and installed today. Nothing else left but to watch the green grass grow and hope we avoid any troubles.
She has the looks of a winner Chase! :Rasta:

She’s off to good looking start broski. Nothing but great things from here 👍. CL🍀. :thumb: :woohoo:

Alright so after the disappointment of finding crown rot on the first round we finally have another seed going. Will update soon. No more top watering!

We are back on track up here in the UP. The mistake(s) I made with Black Sugar version 1 and my previous 2 plants;
1. I started growing in Colorado. It’s very DRY. I found there I had to constantly keep my root cubes wet or the seedling would strougle.
2.I Moved to Michigan. Things are WET. EVERYTHING all the time. Mold is an issue. Everywhere. Especially summer time. Keeping my cubes wet the way I was with the temps in the low 80s was a recipe for contamination from mold and other nasty stuff which was causing my crown rot. I was simply over watering and not letting the cubes dry out.
3. I started black sugar 1 before my new fan and carbon filter came in the mail. My old pink fan simply sucks to be nice about it. $12.99 fire hazard from Walmart that shouldn’t have been in my tent at all. Barely moved air and didn’t oscillate. The carbon filter had been used temporarily in a garage that had a bunch cigarette smokers nearby. Not in the same room but close enough. I believe it greatly ruined the airflow as well. By the time it was all installed the contagions had already infected the plant. Now everything seems to flowing much better than before. The dry cycle is much better and I have not had any weird growth on the cube like before.

Lessons learned- Airflow and a clean grow environment are extremely important. Air filter , air pump and hoses, air stones, fans, and other equipment should be cleaned and inspected regularly and replaced BEFORE a grow is started. Over watering is the gateway drug to mold and other nasty pathogens.

First three days.

6DA27CF9-58FD-4878-9784-EA587653B207.jpeg

We are back on track up here in the UP. The mistake(s) I made with Black Sugar version 1 and my previous 2 plants;
1. I started growing in Colorado. It’s very DRY. I found there I had to constantly keep my root cubes wet or the seedling would strougle.
2.I Moved to Michigan. Things are WET. EVERYTHING all the time. Mold is an issue. Everywhere. Especially summer time. Keeping my cubes wet the way I was with the temps in the low 80s was a recipe for contamination from mold and other nasty stuff which was causing my crown rot. I was simply over watering and not letting the cubes dry out.
3. I started black sugar 1 before my new fan and carbon filter came in the mail. My old pink fan simply sucks to be nice about it. $12.99 fire hazard from Walmart that shouldn’t have been in my tent at all. Barely moved air and didn’t oscillate. The carbon filter had been used temporarily in a garage that had a bunch cigarette smokers nearby. Not in the same room but close enough. I believe it greatly ruined the airflow as well. By the time it was all installed the contagions had already infected the plant. Now everything seems to flowing much better than before. The dry cycle is much better and I have not had any weird growth on the cube like before.

Lessons learned- Airflow and a clean grow environment are extremely important. Air filter , air pump and hoses, air stones, fans, and other equipment should be cleaned and inspected regularly and replaced BEFORE a grow is started. Over watering is the gateway drug to mold and other nasty pathogens.

First two days.

6DA27CF9-58FD-4878-9784-EA587653B207.jpeg
:popcorn: CL🍀

So we are about 14 days in. She had a minor root issue at day 5. It put her a bit behind but she recovered. I wasn’t sure so I started another one. I had to make an improvised small DWC out of a plastic cereal holder hahaha. Looks solid. Might tip idk lol. But now we got two. The 14 day old one is finally looking like she is ready to grow for me! The other one I will try to lollipop it.

7D1D6C8E-2DC0-4E6D-9A8A-DED934F4C57C.jpeg

Doing good so far. Not seeing signs of the other issues I was having so it all seems to be finally solved and under control. Just have to be careful with mold here in never dry U.P Michigan. Land of the rust home of the mold. The big one is at 16 days. This one had a tap root issue but survived and is now thriving. The little one is 4 days now. Seems like she likes her cereal box lol. All in all we are heading in the right direction finally!

01E2A09D-E95C-4FB3-B6F8-507098D2ED41.jpeg

93FE69A4-E564-4768-AAEB-BD94CD785AA1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom