Hutch's Canadian Grow Comparison Featuring Black Sugar

Day 54.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar - Day 54 - 2.75" tall - Two gallon pot

This is only my second attempt at growing photoperiods and I must say I have learned a lot! I think the most important lesson I've learned is to go easy on the defoliation during early veg. These plants would be much bigger if I had let them grow out more before removing fan leaves which are the "growth engines". The second lesson, of course, is to not forget to increase illumination as the plant progresses.

This plant has reached the point where all the shoots can now be allowed to grow straight up. I will be supercropping as necessary to keep the canopy even. Projected flip date: March 1st.
Today is the day!!!

Today is the day!!!
Lol, good call! I think I'm going to need a few more days to get this plant ready for flower.
Day 59-1.JPG
Day 59-2.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar - Day 59 - 4" tall - Two gallon pot

She's growing nicely now but she still needs to be a little bigger before hitting the flower tent. I won't be doing any defoliation before that and will probably wait a couple of weeks into the stretch. We need to keep that growth engine purring!

Looking great hutch. Plants doing great. It’s day 60 today I believe. May be off a day. Get them a bit bigger and flip. Cheers.
mine will be going to flower soon. Magic

They look ready when you are.

:volcano-smiley:

I'm so ready. Dropped some seeds in water today, Seedsman Peyote Wifi, Seedsman Cheese and Fastbuds Blue Dream autoflower. Black Sugar has to go to make room for the youngins.
Funny you say that. I’m going through my collection and looking for what my next grow is.

Finally! Today was flip day! Now we just settle in for the next 63 days while those flowers ripen. Here's the flower tent
Flower Tent 20-03-03-2.JPG

Black Sugar is front left. We also have Gorilla Cookies back left and a Gelato/Glue cross in the back right. There are also three Phantom Cookies Domina clones, one front right, a small one in the centre and a small nearly finished PCD on the left.

Here's a better look at Black Sugar.
Day F01-1.JPG
Day F01-2.JPG

Those numbers around the pot are to help me with the daily 1/4 turn. Helps when you're old af.

And so it begins.....

The stretch has begun. Flowers in three or four days.
Day F07-1.JPG
Day F07-2.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar - Flip day 7 - 6.5" tall - Two gallon pot

I love this rapid-growth stage of a grow. This little plant will have at least 8 good tops with a few smaller ones. I will defoliate in about a week and also remove some of the less vigorous shoots so that the plant can concentrate on the good ones. We were at 5.0 grams Mega Crop but cut back as the leaves were becoming dark green. Went to 4.5 and then down to 4.0, next feed will be back up to 4.5.

Last grow most of the plants received 2 litres every four days and they did quite well. It wasn't like I needed to establish a consistent watering schedule, it's what the plants needed to stay a little moist. I wonder what the difference would be if I watered 1.5 litres every three days instead?

The stretch has begun. Flowers in three or four days.
Day F07-1.JPG
Day F07-2.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar - Flip day 7 - 6.5" tall - Two gallon pot

I love this rapid-growth stage of a grow. This little plant will have at least 8 good tops with a few smaller ones. I will defoliate in about a week and also remove some of the less vigorous shoots so that the plant can concentrate on the good ones. We were at 5.0 grams Mega Crop but cut back as the leaves were becoming dark green. Went to 4.5 and then down to 4.0, next feed will be back up to 4.5.

Last grow most of the plants received 2 litres every four days and they did quite well. It wasn't like I needed to establish a consistent watering schedule, it's what the plants needed to stay a little moist. I wonder what the difference would be if I watered 1.5 litres every three days instead?

Any worries they may rootbound in a 2 gallon pot?
I see you only water 2 litres every 4 days so im assuming no runoff....dont you want to saturate the pot fully each watering at this stage of your grow as the roots have most likely reached to the edge of your pot? Especially with only 2 gallon pot?

Edit: or is this a situation of 100 ways to skin a sheep....water less but more frequent vs water more and less frequent .

Gotta make sure the bottom roots get fed! Less water more often might never make it down there.

Yeah im curious to see how it compares to watering till runoff each time which is what do each time

Back
Top Bottom