Seedsman Comparative Grow Presenting Black Sugar & Northern Light Auto

Thank you @SeedsMan for making this comparative grow happen.

Come one, come all, and watch me, try not to fall. I have been lucky enough to be selected by @SeedsMan for this comparative of Black Sugar. Well Seedsman was kind enough to send me a 5-pack of Black Sugar and a 5-pack of Northern Lights “Auto”. So, this journal will cover two different strains and I will be growing them in soil and SIP. No DWC this grow.

Currently, I place two Black Sugar and 2 Northern Lights in water. The time period on the Northern Lights auto is 70 days from germination, so these should be a quite grow. I have been wanting to do Northern Lights for awhile, just never got around to it. So, no better time than the present.

I am hoping the Black Sugar is a good night time smoke; I often have trouble sleeping. As for the veg time, I was planning of a 6 to7 week veg, before I flip her. I will be placing one in a SIP container also.

Black Sugar Description

A cross between a powerful indica, a potent medical strain, and a modern classic, Black Sugar retains all of the best characteristics of its parents.
From its Black Domina line, this strain maintains an incomparable relaxing effect and fast flowering traits.
From its LA OG parent, Black Sugar offers potency and potential therapeutic benefits.

How Black Sugar Grows
Black Sugar plant retains its short stature from its Critical lineage, making it an ideal strain for indoor or limited space cultivation.
However, what Black Sugar lacks in stature, she more than makes up for in yield – where she can reach up to 600gr/m2.

Black Sugar Taste Smell and Effect

With an intensely fruity aroma and dense bus covered in crystals, Black Sugar is a high-THC strain that you need to try ASAP.

1695561125412.png

Northern Lights "Auto" Discerption

Northern Lights Auto was created by crossing Northern Lights with a ruderalis strain to add auto-flowering properties. It is a robust and resistant Indica-dominant hybrid producing high levels of THC and good yields.

How Northern Lights Auto Grows

Like most auto strains, it grows well in all growing environments. Indoor, it grows to 80 - 110 cm. tall with its flowering cycle completed in 55 - 60 days, following a 2 - 4 week vegetative growth period, and producing about 500 gr/m2 when given 18/20 hours of light per 24. Outdoor plants grow a little taller, 80 - 150 cm, and produce up to 200 gr/plant. Two outdoor harvests per season are perfectly possible in all but higher latitudes, with three being possible in Mediterranean regions, especially if starting each successive crop before the previous one is finished.

It is very straightforward to cultivate, preferring moderate levels of slow-release fertilizer. It has good resistance to fungus, plant diseases, and pests. Towards the end of its life a range of green, blue and purple shades will both surprise and delight growers.

Northern Lights Auto Taste, Smell and Effect

The scent and taste are fruity and sweet with earthy pine and sweet 'n' sour plum jam coming to the fore. THC levels are very high at 23% with a mere 0.5% CBD, ensuring the effect is one of mental relaxation coupled with a strong body effect.

Will post some images a little later today.

Be safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Thank you @SeedsMan for making this comparative grow happen.

Come one, come all, and watch me, try not to fall. I have been lucky enough to be selected by @SeedsMan for this comparative of Black Sugar. Well Seedsman was kind enough to send me a 5-pack of Black Sugar and a 5-pack of Northern Lights “Auto”. So, this journal will cover two different strains and I will be growing them in soil and SIP. No DWC this grow.

Currently, I place two Black Sugar and 2 Northern Lights in water. The time period on the Northern Lights auto is 70 days from germination, so these should be a quite grow. I have been wanting to do Northern Lights for awhile, just never got around to it. So, no better time than the present.

I am hoping the Black Sugar is a good night time smoke; I often have trouble sleeping. As for the veg time, I was planning of a 6 to7 week veg, before I flip her. I will be placing one in a SIP container also.

Black Sugar Description

A cross between a powerful indica, a potent medical strain, and a modern classic, Black Sugar retains all of the best characteristics of its parents.
From its Black Domina line, this strain maintains an incomparable relaxing effect and fast flowering traits.
From its LA OG parent, Black Sugar offers potency and potential therapeutic benefits.

How Black Sugar Grows
Black Sugar plant retains its short stature from its Critical lineage, making it an ideal strain for indoor or limited space cultivation.
However, what Black Sugar lacks in stature, she more than makes up for in yield – where she can reach up to 600gr/m2.

Black Sugar Taste Smell and Effect

With an intensely fruity aroma and dense bus covered in crystals, Black Sugar is a high-THC strain that you need to try ASAP.

1695561125412.png

Northern Lights "Auto" Discerption

Northern Lights Auto was created by crossing Northern Lights with a ruderalis strain to add auto-flowering properties. It is a robust and resistant Indica-dominant hybrid producing high levels of THC and good yields.

How Northern Lights Auto Grows

Like most auto strains, it grows well in all growing environments. Indoor, it grows to 80 - 110 cm. tall with its flowering cycle completed in 55 - 60 days, following a 2 - 4 week vegetative growth period, and producing about 500 gr/m2 when given 18/20 hours of light per 24. Outdoor plants grow a little taller, 80 - 150 cm, and produce up to 200 gr/plant. Two outdoor harvests per season are perfectly possible in all but higher latitudes, with three being possible in Mediterranean regions, especially if starting each successive crop before the previous one is finished.

It is very straightforward to cultivate, preferring moderate levels of slow-release fertilizer. It has good resistance to fungus, plant diseases, and pests. Towards the end of its life a range of green, blue and purple shades will both surprise and delight growers.

Northern Lights Auto Taste, Smell and Effect

The scent and taste are fruity and sweet with earthy pine and sweet 'n' sour plum jam coming to the fore. THC levels are very high at 23% with a mere 0.5% CBD, ensuring the effect is one of mental relaxation coupled with a strong body effect.

Will post some images a little later today.

Tok..
Lead the way Tok!
:high-five:

Love seeing these journals popping up all over. 🤘🤘🤘 I'm not far behind y'all
:passitleft:

Thank you for stopping by @SeedsMan

Just a quick up date two Black Sugar and two Northern Lights "auto" have bee placed in solo cups with soil yesterday. I figure they should break soil around Friday. I am still determining what my final configuration will be with my 4x4 and 3x3 tents. I will be using two and three gallon pots, so it is going to be busy.

Currently just tending to the needs of the present crop and planning for the next.

Tok..

Edit: @SeedsMan thank you that is a beautiful lady. I will start out with two of her, maybe more.

@KeithLemon it is my pleasure and you are always welcome to follow, peak, or start a conversation. With all of the comparative grows going we are diffidently going to see some variety, should be interesting.

Are you in any of the comparative grows?
My tents will be open soon, so I joined both of them. If so, don't forget to tag me.

Be safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Thanks Tok

Another day and another short update, for the time being.

I need to check today, but yesterday one of @SeedsMan Black Sugar broke the surface and started to grow. I need to check them later today to see if there is anything new worth mentioning. At this point there is not a lot to say about how Black Sugar is growing.

Here is an image from yesterday.

More to come when I check them in a little while.

Tok..

Another day and another short update, for the time being.

I need to check today, but yesterday one of @SeedsMan Black Sugar broke the surface and started to grow. I need to check them later today to see if there is anything new worth mentioning. At this point there is not a lot to say about how Black Sugar is growing.

Here is an image from yesterday.

More to come when I check them in a little while.

Tok..
So nice, one day ahead of schedule, she seeks the throne :cheer:

When fishing yesterday and forgot to do an update, so here we go.

Now that this grow is off the ground updates will be more frequently.

The Black Sugar is coming along nicely. Since last update the @SeedsMan Black Sugar has be transplanted in larger pots from the solo cups. I am using a 3 and a 2 gallon fabric pots for this grow. I will be using @GeoFlora Nutrients for the three gallon pot and @Prescription Blend for the 2 gallon pots.

I move them out of the bathroom today and into my drying closet, for a few days while a get a tent real for them. While in the closet I will be using a @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO as a light source.

The Northern Lights "auto" is still in the bathroom for a couple more days. I haven't decided on the pot size for these yet, but they will be going from a solo cup the their final pot.

Current images of Black Sugar and Northern Lights auto.

Northern Light auto

That's all folk's

Tok..

Back
Top Bottom