Seedsman Comparative Grow Presenting Black Sugar & Northern Light Auto

Thank you for stopping by @Scottay and noticing she is starting to get heavy. I connect some support yo-yo's to help hold up the cola's. Now, it's time to try and get her to turn black, which is easier said then done. Once I decided how I am going to do it, I will inform you. Still pushing white pistil and I still think she will be done next week or so.

Here are some current images.

That's all folk's.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Thank you for stopping by @Scottay and noticing she is starting to get heavy. I connect some support yo-yo's to help hold up the cola's. Now, it's time to try and get her to turn black, which is easier said then done. Once I decided how I am going to do it, I will inform you. Still pushing white pistil and I still think she will be done next week or so.

That's all folk's.

Tok..
beautiful bro

I was just down checking on @SeedsMan Black Sugar, and she is about ready for harvest at the end of this week. The trichomes are just starting to turn amber, so I am close to where I want her. Currently at day 77 of 12/12 and about 67 of flowering stage.

@SeedsMan I will be germinating a couple Purple Ghost Candy this week. I currently have three photo periods going, but they only need a couple more weeks at most. Overall, I would recommend this strain for beginners, due to the ease it has grown.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

I was just down checking on @SeedsMan Black Sugar, and she is about ready for harvest at the end of this week. The trichomes are just starting to turn amber, so I am close to where I want her. Currently at day 77 of 12/12 and about 67 of flowering stage.

@SeedsMan I will be germinating a couple Purple Ghost Candy this week. I currently have three photo periods going, but they only need a couple more weeks at most. Overall, I would recommend this strain for beginners, due to the ease it has grown.

That's all folk's.

Tok..
Solid! 💪💪💪

:bravo:

Thank you @SeedsMan for making this comparative grow happen.

Come one, come all, and watch me, try not to fall. I have been lucky enough to be selected by @SeedsMan for this comparative of Black Sugar. Well Seedsman was kind enough to send me a 5-pack of Black Sugar and a 5-pack of Northern Lights “Auto”. So, this journal will cover two different strains and I will be growing them in soil and SIP. No DWC this grow.

Currently, I place two Black Sugar and 2 Northern Lights in water. The time period on the Northern Lights auto is 70 days from germination, so these should be a quite grow. I have been wanting to do Northern Lights for awhile, just never got around to it. So, no better time than the present.

I am hoping the Black Sugar is a good night time smoke; I often have trouble sleeping. As for the veg time, I was planning of a 6 to7 week veg, before I flip her. I will be placing one in a SIP container also.

Black Sugar Description

A cross between a powerful indica, a potent medical strain, and a modern classic, Black Sugar retains all of the best characteristics of its parents.
From its Black Domina line, this strain maintains an incomparable relaxing effect and fast flowering traits.
From its LA OG parent, Black Sugar offers potency and potential therapeutic benefits.

How Black Sugar Grows
Black Sugar plant retains its short stature from its Critical lineage, making it an ideal strain for indoor or limited space cultivation.
However, what Black Sugar lacks in stature, she more than makes up for in yield – where she can reach up to 600gr/m2.

Black Sugar Taste Smell and Effect

With an intensely fruity aroma and dense bus covered in crystals, Black Sugar is a high-THC strain that you need to try ASAP.

1695561125412.png

Northern Lights "Auto" Discerption

Northern Lights Auto was created by crossing Northern Lights with a ruderalis strain to add auto-flowering properties. It is a robust and resistant Indica-dominant hybrid producing high levels of THC and good yields.

How Northern Lights Auto Grows

Like most auto strains, it grows well in all growing environments. Indoor, it grows to 80 - 110 cm. tall with its flowering cycle completed in 55 - 60 days, following a 2 - 4 week vegetative growth period, and producing about 500 gr/m2 when given 18/20 hours of light per 24. Outdoor plants grow a little taller, 80 - 150 cm, and produce up to 200 gr/plant. Two outdoor harvests per season are perfectly possible in all but higher latitudes, with three being possible in Mediterranean regions, especially if starting each successive crop before the previous one is finished.

It is very straightforward to cultivate, preferring moderate levels of slow-release fertilizer. It has good resistance to fungus, plant diseases, and pests. Towards the end of its life a range of green, blue and purple shades will both surprise and delight growers.

Northern Lights Auto Taste, Smell and Effect

The scent and taste are fruity and sweet with earthy pine and sweet 'n' sour plum jam coming to the fore. THC levels are very high at 23% with a mere 0.5% CBD, ensuring the effect is one of mental relaxation coupled with a strong body effect.

Will post some images a little later today.

Be safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..
What's a dwc?

Well, it looks like @SeedsMan Black Sugar will be the next on the chopping block. She has about 5% amber and that is normally when I place them in a dark to let the trichomes develop a little more. Placed her in a dark area for 48 hours and then it will be time to chop and dry. Today she is sitting at 80 days of 12/12 and about day 70 of flowering.

@SeedsMan She has been a pleasure to grow Black Sugar; requiring very little extra attention to end up with a beautiful plant.

Here are some latest images.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

Hey Tokin, all looking slick and under control as ever. Been a bit busy and around so much last few weeks but looks like ai’ve only missed a harvest and big bud building here 😂

I had a DWC question (actually a few people did in my joint journal with Jon) and I should have thought of you. Do you use Ph Up or Down in your DWC grows and if so do you worry about any potential build up of it having a negative impact on your grows?

Nick

Hey Tokin, all looking slick and under control as ever. Been a bit busy and around so much last few weeks but looks like ai’ve only missed a harvest and big bud building here 😂

I had a DWC question (actually a few people did in my joint journal with Jon) and I should have thought of you. Do you use Ph Up or Down in your DWC grows and if so do you worry about any potential build up of it having a negative impact on your grows?

Nick
I use PH up and Down. More the UP. But I generally do three water changes. One usually after I tip at the beginning of veg. Once again after 2-3 weeks. And again when flower starts. I use well water so I have to add oh down as it comes out around 7 or something like that. But I’ve used those two since the start and no issues.

I use PH up and Down. More the UP. But I generally do three water changes. One usually after I tip at the beginning of veg. Once again after 2-3 weeks. And again when flower starts. I use well water so I have to add oh down as it comes out around 7 or something like that. But I’ve used those two since the start and no issues.
I use well water and the mix comes out at 6.3 sometimes 6.4. Into a 200 litre (50 gallon) res I use 28ml Ph down to hit Ph 5.8. But I’m flood and drain. That 200L typically lasts 2 days. More interested (well @Jon @Absorber and some others are) in it being in the res much longer term,

Nick

Thank you for stopping by and your kind words @KeithLemon @NickHardy and @Chasev89

Do you use Ph Up or Down in your DWC grows and if so do you worry about any potential build up of it having a negative impact on your grows?
I do need to use ph up and down almost weekly when I change my solution. Which I normally do once a week. I also use silica weekly to help stabilize the ph, and normally avoid ph swings.

There is a difference depending on water source also.

That is another reason that made me start progress buckets.
Less solution easier to stabilizes, for me.

I was just checking on the @SeedsMan Black Sugar to get ready to chop and she is still pushing out white pistil. Since she is beyond her harvest (flowering period) widow and at about 5% amber; I am going to harvest her anyway.

Here are some of the last images.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

Back
Top Bottom