Black Sugar Comparative Oct 2023

I can defs see similarities in our Black Sugars. Do you do the close up glitter thing before chopping?
I'll shoot pics & vid as I harvest & dry, I've just landed in my sweet spot around harvest time & honestly don't care much for the opinions around the Mag about my plants.
I just post my stuff to share the fancy plants.

I get exhausted listening to all the idiots give unsolicited advice about what I "should have done", but also watch them harvest bullshit numbers in comparison.

I'll just keep posting what I do; sometimes pics, some vids, but anyone who follows along can see the full picture.

After the plants get old & ugly, they get harvested & I post pics after a finish trimming. People seem to love the finished pics, but talked shit thru the final week pictures. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder....

The "pretty" doesn't even calculate in my schedule. I just run my ugly heifers until they're near dead and enjoy the results, glamor shots & all be damned.

End of the day, I'm harvesting solid quantity that is highly sought after in the TX hill country. I don't generally put much thought to the "looks" otherwise.

I'll shoot pics & vid as I harvest & dry, I've just landed in my sweet spot around harvest time & honestly don't care much for the opinions around the Mag about my plants.

I get exhausted listening to all the idiots give unsolicited advice about what I "should have done", but also watch them harvest bullshit numbers in comparison.

I'll just keep posting what I do; sometimes pics, some vids, but anyone who follows along can see the full picture.

After the plants get old & ugly, they get harvested & I post pics after a finish trimming. People seem to love the finished pics, but talked shit thru the final week pictures. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder....

The "pretty" doesn't even calculate in my schedule. I just run my ugly heifers until they're near dead and enjoy the results, glamor shots & all be damned.

End of the day, I'm harvesting solid quantity that is highly sought after in the TX hill country. I don't generally put much thought to the "looks" otherwise.
.... while I'm on my rant.... I'd like to disprove the constant rants about a plant being "rootbound".....

I regularly grow these plants in the smallest pot possible (to prove ppl wrong because I'm a dick).... but I can promise that your 18" plant isn't rootbound in that 15 gal pot... 😅😅😅😅

These are 5gal pots... the lowest yield will be 8oz.... the biggest should be around 16.

Your plant isn't rootbound, it's just screaming for help

just keep being true to yourself...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...🌴🌴...
Growing is a whole lot easier than people make it.... I watch people "struggle" all the time around here and they're generally greeted with a solid list of what they should have done.... from someone who grows nonsense plants....

I just want to be the guy who breaks that shit up.

Mistakes happen.... grows get sideways & need adjustment. It's just a matter of whose advice you follow when the shit happens.

People tend to follow the regular faces around 420 nag, but that's not always the best answer

I may be a crotchety dick, but I'll never lie to a person. I speak from experience or I don't speak at all

I know what you mean...everybody seem's to want to complicate things...K.I.S.S has usually worked for me, without going down a dozen rabbit holes of advice...some general knowledge is mandatory, and some trial and error is expected at times...I've had a few 1# plants, and some that I hate to admit to...all part of the process...keep's us moving forward...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...🌴🌴

I know what you mean...everybody seem's to want to complicate things...K.I.S.S has usually worked for me, without going down a dozen rabbit holes of advice...some general knowledge is mandatory, and some trial and error is expected at times...I've had a few 1# plants, and some that I hate to admit to...all part of the process...keep's us moving forward...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...🌴🌴
Yeah man! I'm grateful for the "beginners knowledge" that I learned from this site. But, I've also spent years around this site, watching the "senior elite growers" delve out shit assed advice.

Best advice I can give anymore is to look at what they grow.... watch what moves they make.

If their grow is trash; so is their advice

Fair enough.

I struggle to know when to harvest, I really do. Just harvested an auto prolly 3 weeks too early. FML

I’m all about pretty plants. It is what drives my grow. I fuckimg hate ugly plants. I like to watch grow magic. Then try and copy it I can do veg okay, but I struggle with flower.

And yeah I’m all about nic3 bud too. I just need to work out that sweet spot.

.... while I'm on my rant.... I'd like to disprove the constant rants about a plant being "rootbound".....

I regularly grow these plants in the smallest pot possible (to prove ppl wrong because I'm a dick).... but I can promise that your 18" plant isn't rootbound in that 15 gal pot... 😅😅😅😅

These are 5gal pots... the lowest yield will be 8oz.... the biggest should be around 16.

Your plant isn't rootbound, it's just screaming for help
Omg it’s a bit funn6 tho. Like watching it.

My first 6 months here I starved my plants because the talk had me believing I didn’t know how to water a plant. Something I’d been doing with my houseplants and garden in forever lol.

Yeah I keep it simple. MC and water. Nothing extra.

Getting near the end.... I'll be harvesting Black Sugar #2 tomorrow morning, but will let the #1 plant keep going for another week or so.

Both plants are looking pretty rough, but will definitely make it to a successful harvest.

Here's the #1 plant. She's still throwing fresh white pistils, tricomes are milky white with about 10% still clear.

Here's #2. She's been foxtailing pretty bad the last few days. Tricomes are all milky white with ambers creeping up the sugar leaves. Maybe 5% or so are amber on the actual buds.

Relatively happy with the grow; I definitely overshot a bit on plant size vs pot size. All the stressors & plant abuse seemed come from my inability to keep up with their needs.

Genetics are phenomenal though. 😍 They handled all my nonsense without issue. No herms/nanners, and both have rock hard nuggets. 💪💪💪

I'll keep y'all posted through the harvesting process.... ✌️

I can see why you're leaving #1 to grow on! It looks like it's going to add another couple of ounces in the meantime. :)
She's scary man.... I worry about internal rot because of the bud size.

I think I've kept it controlled with a dehuey keeping RH around 40-50%, and have constant air movement, but I won't really know until harvest.

No signs thus far, but I'm not naive about the threat of moldy shit...

I honestly think this will be my first pound harvest from a single plant. Biggest bud is like 22" long, 3" of girth. LoL

Hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst.

Appreciate ya swinging thru brother. Hope all is well with you & the fam. ✌️

Started the harvest on my #2 Black Sugar today. I'm about halfway thru, taking a break for some coffee.

1000002448.jpg
1000002449.jpg
1000002450.jpg
1000002451.jpg

Finally got back out to the Casita to finish harvesting plant #2.

Here's the final...

🤙Stay MotaVated y'all!

Back
Top Bottom