Sugar Black Rose - The Black - Delicious Candy

Update Day 68 (Flower Day 1)

I gave the girls a good drench with nutes(first after transplant) before leaving on a trip, and came back 4 days later to an explosion in growth.
I should have transplanted sooner, I probably lost 2 weeks but life comes first ;) During the transplant I messed up and maybe mixed up The Black #1 and Delicious Candy #1 with eachother:)

Today I pinched a lot of undergrowth off and did a little LST, and finally flipped them to 12/12!

Before defoliation and LST

DSC0009414.JPG

After defoliation and LST

DSC0010116.JPG
DSC0010417.JPG

:passitleft:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Update Day 98 (Flowering Day 31)

Finally found some time to update! The ladies are flowering along nicely and I hope top my other grows in yield and potency.

I've been experimenting a bit with watering/feeding on this grow and my Sea of Freebies - SoG - LED - Organic - 1mx1m - 9 Plants.
Mainly because I found out Biobizz recommends adding nutes with every watering, giving roughly half the recommended dose in the chart. So first two waterings in flower was with nutes, then a ~1x potsize flush and back to alternating between nutes and pure water.

Also timing the watering right is important, if watered at the right time the air-pots will drink 20% of their potsize in 30-60 seconds without much water running out the side holes/bottom, so I definitely need to stay on top of that as I've been letting my pots go way too dry in the past!

Niether of these plants seem to be fuzzy, the Sugar Black Rose looks like a somewhat heavy feeder.

The Black #1 - Delicious Candy #1 - Delicious Candy #2

Sugar Black Rose #2 - Sugar Black Rose #1 - The Black #2

DSC0018317.JPG

DSC0020015.JPG

Sugar Black Rose #2 Twin Peaks

DSC0019319.JPG

Forgot which one this was, but with that level of frosting 31 days from flip, it's looking promising ;)

DSC0020615.JPG

They look really good and healthy!
What's your conclusion on the Air-pots this size? It's seems that they need an alert kind of grower! How long do you do between waterings?

Interesting the recommendation from Biobizz! Didn't think you'd need to do a small flush after two feedings.

They look really good and healthy!
What's your conclusion on the Air-pots this size? It's seems that they need an alert kind of grower! How long do you do between waterings?

Interesting the recommendation from Biobizz! Didn't think you'd need to do a small flush after two feedings.

Thanks mate

Air-Pots this size are nice and watering before they feel too light seems to be the way to go. You don't have to be more alert than with square pots. I go 3-4 days between waterings at this stage, but I think I might increase the frequency during the remaining 4-6 weeks of flowering.
I've been watering too late and letting plants dry out too much in the past, but I'm usually on time or only a day late these days;)

Didn't need to do a flush, just did it too clear the soil before going heavy on flowering nutes, but I don't think it's necessary at all and come to think of it, it might mess up micro organisms....

Makes sense to give a steady feeding with organics and I'll give it a try on my next grow where I can begin from the get go, and just wing it on this one:)

Hope you don't mind if I tag along every now and then... I have a Candy on the back burner right now. I started her without thinking so shes a extra.. But I might throw her in when I see what she's got.. I also been looking at that Sugar Rose for a future grow. You got a sweet setup growing. And the Girls look quite happy.... Keepem Green

Hope you don't mind if I tag along every now and then... I have a Candy on the back burner right now. I started her without thinking so shes a extra.. But I might throw her in when I see what she's got.. I also been looking at that Sugar Rose for a future grow. You got a sweet setup growing. And the Girls look quite happy.... Keepem Green

Not at all, the more the merrier:passitleft: the Delicious Candy were freebies but they fit in the project, so in they went. I've been eying Sugar Black Rose for some time, Critical Mass x Black Domina sounds like a winning combination;)
I will keep em green(and hopefully some purple ones too:)) and right back at ya:Namaste:

PGR, I was wondering, what Biobizz fertilizers do you use? I looked them up but their line is super wide! Between fertilizers, activators, boosters and stimulants, it can be confusing.
Thanks!

PGR, I was wondering, what Biobizz fertilizers do you use? I looked them up but their line is super wide! Between fertilizers, activators, boosters and stimulants, it can be confusing.
Thanks!

Yep, it's always a bit confusing getting to know a new line of nutrients, but Biobizz is pretty easy.

I use the full range, but I stopped using Bio-Heaven half way through these grows to see if it really does anything remarkable for the flowering, which I doubt.
It's the most expensive and the one they recommend you use the most.

I would say you only need the basic/primary fertilisers Bio-Grow(or Fish-Mix but I don't recommend you use that indoors, it really stinks!) and Bio-Bloom.
The ''boosters'' are secondary and not necessary, but some of them are nice, especially Alc-a-Mic is a ''must-have'' and not very expensive, Root-Juice and Top-Max are good too but probably not making a huge difference.
These 5 are not at all expensive to use in your 1 plant grow and you should go for the smallest bottle sizes you can get.
Acti-Vera and Bio-Heaven are probably not gonna hurt if you want to pay for it, I'm hoping Acti-Vera is a good product and won't make the end product taste overly sweet like Bio-Heaven is said to sometimes do.

On one of my next grows I'm gonna try foliar feeding Alc-a-Mic and Acti-Vera on one plant, feed another through the soil, and on the third doing both;)

Thank you! That's exactly what I wanted to know. I got the same with Canna. I bought that fancy Boost bottle and it's really hard to make sure it's actually worth the investment.

Do you use the Alc-a-Mic at every feeding? That's what got me a bit confused with Biobizz, you get all of these nutrients with a feeding schedule but can you feed them all at once? For example : Bloom + Top-Max + Alc-a-Mic + Bio-heaven + Acti-vera? Seems like a lot of work if you do it every time! And also potentially harmful for the plant?

Really looking forward to read your conclusions on your experiments. I sometimes feel that these brands try to take advantage to the yield obsession that most of us have :)

Thank you! That's exactly what I wanted to know. I got the same with Canna. I bought that fancy Boost bottle and it's really hard to make sure it's actually worth the investment.

Do you use the Alc-a-Mic at every feeding? That's what got me a bit confused with Biobizz, you get all of these nutrients with a feeding schedule but can you feed them all at once? For example : Bloom + Top-Max + Alc-a-Mic + Bio-heaven + Acti-vera? Seems like a lot of work if you do it every time! And also potentially harmful for the plant?

Really looking forward to read your conclusions on your experiments. I sometimes feel that these brands try to take advantage to the yield obsession that most of us have :)

I alter between nutes/boosters and pure water, but I'm gonna try feeding at 50% with every watering on my next grow.

Yes, all Biobizz products are mixed together, it's pretty straght forward and doesn't take a lot of time.

Last feeding - flower week 4(I use more than recommended because I veg a lot more than 2 weeks, like most people, and I won't cut down on Bio-Grow in the beginning of flower where the plant really needs some N) - 3L per plant(20% of pot size):

Bio-Grow - 4ml/L
Bio-Bloom - 4ml/L
Alc-a-Mic - 4ml/L
Top-Max - 1ml/L
Acti-Vera - 1ml/L

Okay that's indeed pretty straight forward.
50% strength every time seems more efficient than 100% strength and then pure water. Besides I read that if you add perlite and get good drainage you minimize the risks of salt buildup.

Definitely gonna switch to Biobizz. I tried emailing Canna again but they still don't bother answering. Awful customer service.

Update Day 56

I finally got the girls transplanted to their final 15L Air-Pots, and now I'm trying to catch up with the LST.
Once they're set in their new pots and have grown a bit more I'll flip them to flower, probablay in 2-3 weeks.
Feels good to be back in town and back on track with the ladies ;)

Before LST

DSC0006418.JPG

After LST

DSC0007522.JPG

Lights ON :)

DSC0007817.JPG

Love the set up how often did u say u had too water your girls in those pots I have the 5g cloth bags I do like them you are right about staying on top of them though dry out quicker. Any way new to the 420 app

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Love the set up how often did u say u had too water your girls in those pots I have the 5g cloth bags I do like them you are right about staying on top of them though dry out quicker. Any way new to the 420 app

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

:thanks: and welcome to 420 :cheer:

At this stage I water every 3 days with 20% of the pot size, and I need to water just before lights on on the third day to avoid them drying out too much.

Update Day 108 (Flower Day 41)

Just pulled out Delicious Candy #1(might be The Black #1, it's one of the 2 I possibly mixed up:) ) because she went hermie on me, hopefully it'll give a little smoke or some extract. At least it was the smallest of the plants so if one had to go I would have chosen that one.

The other ladies are doing fine, I just upped the boosters when I fed earlier today so now those already nice buds should start to really fatten up and they'll probably need support to stay up soon ;)
I tried to do LA's Bud Backbuilding Technique on some of the tops and marked them so I can see what it does and compare to other tops on the same plant.

Funny enough this grow, the main tops on some of the girls are now smaller than some of the side branches tops, must mean I did the LST better this time:) Next grow the ladies will receive some heavy bondage from the beginning;)

DSC0036216.JPG
DSC0036314.JPG

DSC003649.JPG

Hey, Mister Gun Rack... LOVE that id... You know plants have a plant growth hormone auxin, which goes to the main top and promotes growth to the tops.. By tying plants over and lowering the terminal top below other tops,, you send the auxins to the 'new highest points' which become new terminal tops and take off with the new burst of growth hormones. Auxins, actually go in both directions.... Tap root,,, straight down,,, terminal top,,, straight up... Bend that terminal top over far enough that it is no longer the highest point on the plant,, whatever point you left at the top of the bend,,, becomes the new top... But there are still enough auxins getting thru to the main top,, that it turns back up and continues its upward growth.. If any of this makes sense??? If you can spread them auxins out to all your buds,,, you got it dailed in................... Keepem Green

Hey, Mister Gun Rack... LOVE that id... You know plants have a plant growth hormone auxin, which goes to the main top and promotes growth to the tops.. By tying plants over and lowering the terminal top below other tops,, you send the auxins to the 'new highest points' which become new terminal tops and take off with the new burst of growth hormones. Auxins, actually go in both directions.... Tap root,,, straight down,,, terminal top,,, straight up... Bend that terminal top over far enough that it is no longer the highest point on the plant,, whatever point you left at the top of the bend,,, becomes the new top... But there are still enough auxins getting thru to the main top,, that it turns back up and continues its upward growth.. If any of this makes sense??? If you can spread them auxins out to all your buds,,, you got it dailed in................... Keepem Green

Thanks for that explanation, it makes perfect sense, I haven't read up on auxins but I'll do that ;) I've read a bit on the flowering hormone Florigen which is quite interesting.

Looking good! Is it me or your perlite comes to the surface?

Also. Where's Buddha?

Yeah, when a lot of water is poured in at once some of the perlite floats to the top, it mixed 11 part perlite to 2 parts Light-Mix which already contains a little perlite so there's plenty in there still;)

He's hiding under The Black #2(top left corner), the fat buds on Sugar Black Rose#2 are in the way, but if you look closely you can just see a little of the jade stone:)

Back
Top Bottom