Emmie's Delicious Seeds: Sugar Black Rose, 2016 Journal

Well hello Emilya! Your AG thread said you had the spike powder mix on here so here I am and there it is up above. You are a busy one, anymore threads you have going? I'm in on 3 I believe and all great stuff!
Always a pleasure stopping in on your grows!
Oh yeah subb'd for this!!!

Hey there Hydro... welcome to the thread!

I like to mix things up and do a lot of journals... I think I might have 7 going at the moment! The fun thing that I do to entertain myself is that you never know when I will throw in a jewel that I found, or analyze a concept I have been struggling with... and over time I think I have shown that you never know what thread it will happen in! This has proven to be a tool that I have used to great effect on these online forums to get people to read my stuff... the problem always is getting them there.

On a large and busy board like this one, if you wish to follow a person it is much easier if they help you to find their stuff with links in their signature lines. Well, this is fine if you don't have 7 grow journals to link, along with quotes you want to to give, or any general advice you find yourself giving over and over again... I found that I quickly ran out of room in the signature area to display all the stuff I wanted to.

Then, I hit on how to get people to my pages and be able to see all my active links. I hovered over the link that appears when you click on "my started threads" and copied it to my signature lines. This is now what you get if you click on the line that says "Emilya's started threads, grow journals, thoughts and opinions ", and there you can find all the things I have written. Some of them are almost good. :)

Hey there Hydro... welcome to the thread!

I like to mix things up and do a lot of journals... I think I might have 7 going at the moment! The fun thing that I do to entertain myself is that you never know when I will throw in a jewel that I found, or analyze a concept I have been struggling with... and over time I think I have show that you never know where it will happen! This has proven to be a tool that I have used to great effect on these online forums to get people to read my stuff... the problem is getting them there.

On a large and busy board like this one, if you wish to follow a person it is much easier if they to help you to find their stuff with links in their signature lines. Well, this is fine if you don't have 7 grow journals to link, along with quotes you want to to give, or any general advice you find yourself giving over and over again... but I found that I quickly ran out of room in the signature area to display all of my stuff.

Then, I hit on how to get people to my pages. I hovered over the link that appears when you click on "my started threads" and copied it to my signature lines. This is now what you get if you click on the line that says "Emilya's started threads, grow journals, thoughts and opinions ", and there you can find all the things I have written. Some of them are almost good. :)

I checked out your link, wow you are busy. You do have it figured out how to direct people to your links and you have a great following. Thinking it could just be just the great info you are giving and how you lay it out there for all of us, which keeps us coming back. :goodjob:

I'm not to worried who stops by my journal, I wasn't even going to start one. I was just here for the research then I started getting to know people ......the input good or bad makes you think of how can I do this better.... And I'm now hooked lol. :circle-of-love:

I personally just want to grow the best weed possible, all the info is here. So if looking at the amount of posts from some members and these are great growers and they are all still learning new things, this tells me I may never leave!!!

I checked out your link, wow you are busy. You do have it figured out how to direct people to your links and you have a great following. Thinking it could just be just the great info you are giving and how you lay it out there for all of us, which keeps us coming back. :goodjob:

I'm not to worried who stops by my journal, I wasn't even going to start one. I was just here for the research then I started getting to know people ......the input good or bad makes you think of how can I do this better.... And I'm now hooked lol. :circle-of-love:

I personally just want to grow the best weed possible, all the info is here. So if looking at the amount of posts from some members and these are great growers and they are all still learning new things, this tells me I may never leave!!!
Thank you for the kind words, and yes I do like to think it is the content that brings them back. I started my very first grow log on my very first grow years ago, on a different forum, but my stated goal on that grow was to log the whole thing from my brand new newbie perspective, and to carefully document all the things that I was learning as I went along. In that log I even addressed the future reader, and that I was making these mistakes so that you didn't have to. :) That log ended up being one of the most widely read grow logs ever on that forum, I like to think, because it was that instructive. I have tried to follow that motif in everything I have done since... if I learn it, you do too... if I make a mistake, you see it, and its implications and fix. I live my life under the belief that no one knows everything, and there is always something else to learn. I will not be going anywhere either. I look forward to the day that I will be able to add yet another addendum to my How to Water project. :)

Time for an update! Sugar Black Rose just got her first trimming today. She has 5 nodes and was working on the 6th... we nipped that idea in the bud. Her top growth tip has been pinched and now we will open her up a bit for some more production.

She has been enjoying the new 3q container. There has been no need to water since the transplant, but that day is coming soon. She will be going to flower in about 6 weeks and will have one more transplant before then.

DSCF5479.JPG

DSCF5480.JPG

Plants look outstanding Emilya!! :thumb: on the topping! Every plant in the pictures standing straight up and looking so so happy!
Keep up the great work Emilya! You are giving us all a higher bar to strive for!!!

Plants look outstanding Emilya!! :thumb: on the topping! Every plant in the pictures standing straight up and looking so so happy!
Keep up the great work Emilya! You are giving us all a higher bar to strive for!!!

Thank you for the kind words hydro, but the plants are doing all the hard work... i just carry water. I did think of you when I took this picture though, and thought you might like to see how she is taking to the recent trim.

sbr_2_.JPG

Sugar Black Rose is the star of the veg tent right now, by far the strongest plant in there. She is ready to go too, and as soon as I have room for her, she is getting her own 7 gallon smart pot to play in.

Here she is showing off her pretty pink pipe cleaner spreader, and how wide she has become! The plan is to pinch the top 4 buds one or two times and then go to flower in about a month.

DSCF55431.JPG

The SBR is a great little plant...she will reward you well , the smoke is nice also :thumb:

I am looking forward to seeing her, some of these little hybrids turn out to be delightful and she comes well recommended.

Today we moved her to her final container, a 7 gallon smart pot of used soil. Two flowering spikes and two earthworm castings spikes were made, and she was watered with some of my dandelion rooting extract, fish emulsion and calmag, with a bit of lactobacillus serum added for good measure.

Here she is, all spread out for the cameras:

DSCF56223.JPG

Here she is, 11 days after transplant and the last picture. She is responding well to the new digs and her training. Lighting is at 12-1.. we are growing roots and growth tips. I think things are going very well and so far, she has had very few complaints. Last feeding was a high energy vegging compost tea, and I think she liked it.

DSCF56492.JPG

Here is what a couple of weeks have done for her using dandelion fertilizer and homemade ground up fish hydrolysate. It does appear to be working. Today I pulled her out of the tent to do some final cleanup and trimming before flower starts. Except for this interruption, they have all been enjoying extended darkness since 10am yesterday, and tonight at 10pm, the official start of 12/12 begins.

sbrf-1.JPG

Although you can't see her top in this shot, she is about 18" tall at this moment, with about 25 active nodes.

Hi Emmie!

I was wondering if you had any updates on this grow? I'm about to harvest two Sugar Black Rose plants so it would be cool to compare grows!

Best wishes,

PreMed Grow

I will have a good update for you by this time tomorrow. I have been putting off moving a MH light into the tent to take some good pictures, and had just decided today to put it back in there to do several updates in the next day or so. Your timing is perfect!

Just describing her visually, her buds have become some of the biggest buds in the tent, earliest. She is being very impressive and I have been wanting to get a good look at her in some better light. I will check out your grow as soon as I close this note too. Thanks!

(flower, day 38)

As promised, here is tonight's update! SBR has been sitting back in the far left corner, sort of propped up in that corner and I wasn't too worried about her because of the additional support she was getting. Tonight I pulled her out of there to wrap her up with string to give her some more vertical strength and to narrow her footprint a bit in the room. She did not disappoint, her buds are so heavy that one branch bent all the way to the floor, splitting that junction in half. This got shored up and I am sure she will repair the damage and get on with things, and it was a great indicator as to how heavy these buds are getting, even at this early date. SBR is turning out to be a very impressive girl.

sbr_bud138.JPG
sbr_bud238.JPG
sbr_sideways_bud.JPG
sbr_top_38.JPG
sbr_undercarriage_38.JPG

(flower, day 45 of 53)

SBR is almost done... definitely in the last two weeks and swelling up right on cue. Now it is clear why she is called Sugar.... she is frosting up very nicely now, definitely putting on a show at the end. The pistils are all beginning to turn colors now, except at the very top. She is on a water only diet at this point... and in the next week she should really start giving us an extra effort, knowing that death soon approaches.

sbr45.JPG

Back
Top Bottom