The Vivosun Bud Factory
Colombian Gold Clones in RDWC

Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSFD6500
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies USA Express

Welcome back to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSFD6500 (650w bar LED) and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Vivosun Smart Grow System recipe: Colombian Gold RDWC Flower *VEG* mode
  • Light - Vivosun VSFD6500
    • 18:00-08:00 - OFF
    • 08:00-18:00 - 100% Flowering mode (40 DLI)
  • Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6
    • 19:00-08:00 - Speed 8
    • 08:00-19:00 - Natural Wind
  • Exhaust - Vivosun 6" AeroZesh
    • 22:00-08:00 - 54% RH, speed 10
    • 08:00-19:00 - 85F & 63% RH, speed 8
    • 19:00-20:00 - 61%RH speed 10
    • 20:00-21:00 - 59%RH speed 10
    • 21:00-22:00 - 57%RH speed 10
    • 22:00-24:00 - 55%RH speed 10
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 oscillating
- Vivosun 13" oscillating floor fan oscillating horizontally and vertically, on natural wind mode
- Active Aqua 1/4hp chiller set to 68f with 3f swing

Date: 11/28/23 Day# 97 - Flip day# 72 - Flower day# 62
Strain: Herbies Seeds Colombian Gold (World of Seeds) fem photo clones
Names: Maria(Front-left), Luisa(Front-right), Camila(back-left), Sofia(back-right)
Nutrients: MC Blend (5gMC+1gMgN+.33BE - 148-50-182,114,64,51), Hydroguard, z7
Medium: 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Pests: Spider Mites

Last week after finding spider mites in the back-left of the tent I doused them with SNS-217c. I used my Vivosun sprayer, using the wand to really get up under the leaves. I did it right before/during lights out, and even got a couple of pictures.

This week everyone is still doing well with no noticeable affects from the spraying. I still don't see any webs in there, which is good. Last night I sprayed them again really well. Then I released about 1500 ladybugs, right before lights-out. I also set up a little house for them. They'll be patrolling in there for the rest of the grow, so I might as well make them comfortable ;)

I've dialed the @VIVOSUN VSFD6500 back to a 10/14 light schedule, just under 40 DLI. I plan to keep decreasing the light as they mature and ripen. They're doing well on their new res. The pH tried to dive on my once but I caught it pretty quickly and got it back up. I'm hoping my water will get it back above 6.0 and keep it there.
Colombian Gold RDWC Tracker.png
The less I open the tent at this point the better. Luckily, I can take care of the res from outside the tent. Really, I only need to open it for res changes and pictures ;)

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

So far I haven't had a bug issue in my grow areas and am delighted, but I have been wondering, what's different? :hmmmm:

My grow area was new construction about 2008 or 2009, and all the space has been used for, is growing.:) I store some things there, but not anything that would be bug attractants.:hmmmm: The site hasn't had any food products brought in, and I'm pretty careful about what I bring in. I remove my shoes oftentimes, after entering the doorway.:hmmmm: I put sticky traps around, but I seem to only catch the stray insect, rather than a horde.:) We don't have pets, so that may be one big reason.:passitleft: I would think furry little animals, that roll around outside, would be a logical source.:hmmmm: I'll keep my fingers crossed and enjoy the absence of them.:)
Once again, I'm pretty sure the spider mites came from... the vegetable tent. I moved it upstairs to keep it out of the basement. I've been trying to grow strawberries, and took them in when it started getting cold. Of course, they were infested with spider mites. I must have carried them downstairs on my clothes. I guess I need to get stricter on grow room protocols, I'm really getting tired of these damned mites. And I'm getting rid of the strawberries and spraying down the vegetable tent... again.

Once again, I'm pretty sure the spider mites came from... the vegetable tent. I moved it upstairs to keep it out of the basement. I've been trying to grow strawberries, and took them in when it started getting cold. Of course, they were infested with spider mites. I must have carried them downstairs on my clothes. I guess I need to get stricter on grow room protocols, I'm really getting tired of these damned mites. And I'm getting rid of the strawberries and spraying down the vegetable tent... again.
Screenshot_20231128-135721_Photos.jpg

Mites continue to be a struggle for me too.

My girls will be getting a morning spray. This is prolly gonna be a bit controversial but… I don’t actually think a few mites do much damage. My bud has been schmick. Even in macro shots I seldom see an insect on the bud.

Not to say I relax and let them go, but I’ve defs dialled back my Def Con 9 panic when I see evidence of them.

Mites continue to be a struggle for me too.

My girls will be getting a morning spray. This is prolly gonna be a bit controversial but… I don’t actually think a few mites do much damage. My bud has been schmick. Even in macro shots I seldom see an insect on the bud.

Not to say I relax and let them go, but I’ve defs dialled back my Def Con 9 panic when I see evidence of them.
I've had mites several times and cannot say they've affected anything (other than needing to wash the buds). That's also because I spray SNS-217c, use ladybugs, etc to keep the numbers down. Left unchecked, they'll web up your whole grow and eat all the chlorophyll out of your leaves!

I've had mites several times and cannot say they've affected anything (other than needing to wash the buds). That's also because I spray SNS-217c, use ladybugs, etc to keep the numbers down. Left unchecked, they'll web up your whole grow and eat all the chlorophyll out of your leaves!
I don’t bud wash anymore. I rinse after every Safers. Washing seems unnecessary to me.

Totes agree. I’m not saying don’t keep your foot on their throats. I’m just saying it doesn’t mean disaster.

I don’t bud wash anymore. I rinse after every Safers. Washing seems unnecessary to me.

Totes agree. I’m not saying don’t keep your foot on their throats. I’m just saying it doesn’t mean disaster.
I'm spraying them with SNS-217C, basically rosemary oil. I'm not sure if I would even notice after dry and cure, but I definitely don't after a wash ;) Oh, and who wants ladybug shit all over their buds!

I'm spraying them with SNS-217C, basically rosemary oil. I'm not sure if I would even notice after dry and cure, but I definitely don't after a wash ;) Oh, and who wants ladybug shit all over their buds!
Tbh I’d never heard of bud washing till this forum.

And omg, so much worse gets inhaled into your lungs on a day to day basis. Mould spores, bacteria, dust mites, carbon monoxide, faecal matter the list goes on. Burning lady beetle shit would be the least of my worries. Lol! I’m not saying pack a cone with it, I’m just saying doesn’t bother me on the bud.

The Vivosun Bud Factory

Welcome back to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with a custom Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS) with a Vivosun VSFD6500 (650w bar LED) and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

• Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6 x2
Other Equipment:
- Vivosun 13" oscillating floor fan oscillating horizontally and vertically, on natural wind mode

Date: 12/1/23 Day# 100 - Flip day# 75 - Flower day# 65
Names: Maria(Front-left), Luisa(Front-right), Camila(back-left), Sofia(back-right)

I've noticed that the pH in the res tends to dive at least once after changing, usually around day 4-6. I'm trying to keep it up above 6.0 for the rest of the grow. Today I just added 4G of water with 10g Bud Explosion, bumping up P/K/S/Mg. It's almost time for another fresh res to finish them out.
I'm still not opening the tent much, mostly due to the 1500 ladybugs I'm trying to keep in there. I peek in the window and occasionally crack the side to take a closer look. It looks like the two sprayings of SNS-217c got rid of most of the mites, I'm not seeing much damage or any webs. Today I opened up all three sides and gave them a good inspection. Everything looks good and super frosty :) I'm guessing they still have a few weeks left to go. I'll give them all the time they need, as long as the ladybugs do their part ;)

The Vivosun Bud Factory

• Circulation - Vivosun AeroWave E6 x2
Other Equipment:

Date: 12/1/23 Day# 100 - Flip day# 75 - Flower day# 65

I've noticed that the pH in the res tends to dive at least once after changing, usually around day 4-6. I'm trying to keep it up above 6.0 for the rest of the grow. Today I just added 4G of water with 10g Bud Explosion, bumping up P/K/S/Mg. It's almost time for another fresh res to finish them out.
I'm still not opening the tent much, mostly due to the 1500 ladybugs I'm trying to keep in there. I peek in the window and occasionally crack the side to take a closer look. It looks like the two sprayings of SNS-217c got rid of most of the mites, I'm not seeing much damage or any webs. Today I opened up all three sides and gave them a good inspection. Everything looks good and super frosty :) I'm guessing they still have a few weeks left to go. I'll give them all the time they need, as long as the ladybugs do their part ;)

Fire bro nice work 👌 🔥🔥

Fire bro nice work 👌 🔥🔥
Thanks GV. They smell delicious, too, very fruity and almost tropical (pineapple'ish). I'm just hoping the ladybugs keep the mites in check, I'm looking forward to these ladies maturing for a few more weeks.

Thanks GV. They smell delicious, too, very fruity and almost tropical (pineapple'ish). I'm just hoping the ladybugs keep the mites in check, I'm looking forward to these ladies maturing for a few more weeks.
They look familiar and so does the smell. :love: 😎I changed the reservoir this afternoon to straight water.:) Mine are starting to get that "finishing look", I think.:hmmmm::)

Back
Top Bottom