LKABudMan And The Vivosun Auto Oasis - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies US Express

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

Vivosun GrowHub 42A ** -Seedling- Mode scheduled for 2/8/24
  • Vivosun AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
    • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:25%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (12DLI)
  • Circulation Fan
    • 00:00-24:00 - OFF
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
    • 00:00-04:00 High 70% RH, Speed 5, default off
    • 04:00-24:00 High 82F / 75% RH, Speed 3, default off
Vivosun AeroLight A200SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -OFF-
** All controlled on my smartphone through the VIVOSUN App (wi-fi)

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Yesterday was a week since I put the seed in the plug an still nothing. It's usually 3-4 days and I have a sprout. So, I did some digging. And what do you know, there was a little tail on her.

I put her back in the plug, dipped some water on it, and put it back under the dome.

Today she was standing up, but looked ridiculous with her shell and parts of the plug still hanging on.

I performed a little surgery to get the shell off. I made sure everything was nice and wet, then dragged it off as if she was dragging up through the soil. Then I made sure she was seated in the plug well and gave her a couple more drops of water. She may still have some of the membrane keeping her closed, so I'm trying to keep her moist and hoping she can fight through it. This little girl is struggling :(

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

• Vivosun AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
  • Circulation Fan
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Static on speed 1

Yesterday I tried wetting the membrane several times and removing it, but I just couldn't get the leaves separated. Today I left it dry and was able to gently pry it off and release Lizzy!
20240215_135258.jpg

She looks pretty good for 8 days germination and just seeing the light. You can see her seed shell in front and the dried piece of membrane in back. She's sitting at about 10DLI right now and I wet her plug again. Tomorrow she'll get uppotted. Looks like Lizzy is going to make it after all :)
20240215_135428.jpg

There’s a face only a father could love!
Show me a newborn that's not ;)

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

• Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Yesterday I tried wetting the membrane several times and removing it, but I just couldn't get the leaves separated. Today I left it dry and was able to gently pry it off and release Lizzy!
20240215_135258.jpg

She looks pretty good for 8 days germination and just seeing the light. You can see her seed shell in front and the dried piece of membrane in back. She's sitting at about 10DLI right now and I wet her plug again. Tomorrow she'll get uppotted. Looks like Lizzy is going to make it after all :)
20240215_135428.jpg

Show me a newborn that's not ;)
Nice little seedling. :thumb: 🍋

The Vivosun Auto Oasis

Vivosun GrowHub 42A ** -Seedling- Mode
  • Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Lizzy was looking good yesterday morning. Her top was fully open and green and you could see her taproot coming out of the plug through the clear @VIVOSUN propagation tray.

I've decided to switch it up here in the @VIVOSUN Auto Oasis. I've been growing autos starting in 4" pots, then moving over to the 5G SIP all in FFHF soil. Other than the last one I choked off with sand I've had really good results, too. The last three I've harvested have averaged well over a pound each. I'm still working on keeping them healthy through flower but it's proven to be a good method for growing autos.

I used coco for the first time when I started my vGrow/swick photo and was really impressed. So I'm trying something different. Lizzy will be started in a 5G SIP bucket of coco. I'll top water for the first 2-3 weeks, watering around the outside with a 30ml dropper. I'll increase the frequency and amount as she grows bigger, until finally filling the res and letting her take care of herself. I'll leave anything off the top of the coco for now, but I'll end up covering it eventually to keep it moist with the SIP.

I started by re-hydrating two bricks of coco with 3G of water with 2ml/G cal-mag 2-0-0. Then I packed the SIP 'feet' as normal, making sure I can turn the bucket upside down and the SIP insert+feet stay in place. Then I filled the rest of the bucket with coco, making sure there were no pockets/empty spots. I poked a little hole in the center, coated the plug with @DYNOMYCO and then planted the plug in the coco. I mixed up a weak nutrient solution (2.4g/G MC) and added a little pH down to get it to around 5.8. Then I gave her about 90ml around and on the plug to make sure it was well hydrated and in contact with the coco. Finally, I put her in the tent and adjusted the AeroLight so that she's getting around 12 DLI.

A coco SIP should work great, though I don't know anyone who's tried it yet. Much like a perlite Hempy I'd imagine, only better.

:popcorn:
Thanks Az. It's working fantastic in the vGrow right now, I have a 3G fabric pot on a swick base with just coco. I think once I get the roots drinking from the SIP she'll take off.

Thanks Az. It's working fantastic in the vGrow right now, I have a 3G fabric pot on a swick base with just coco. I think once I get the roots drinking from the SIP she'll take off.
SIPs and Swicks seem to have slightly different fluid mechanics. I know coco Hempys are a thing, but they usually have smaller reservoirs, so this should be interesting. :popcorn: :thumb:

SIPs and Swicks seem to have slightly different fluid mechanics. I know coco Hempys are a thing, but they usually have smaller reservoirs, so this should be interesting. :popcorn: :thumb:
Good point. Well, I figured I don't NEED the weed right now, so I'm up for an experiment :)

I used coco for the first time when I started my vGrow/swick photo and was really impressed. So I'm trying something different. Lizzy will be started in a 5G SIP bucket of coco. I'll top water for the first 2-3 weeks, watering around the outside with a 30ml dropper. I'll increase the frequency and amount as she grows bigger, until finally filling the res and letting her take care of herself. I'll leave anything off the top of the coco for now, but I'll end up covering it eventually to keep it moist with the SIP.
:popcorn:

BudMan: "One pound autos, meh. Let me see if I can get an auto kilo!"

You da man! 🙂

BudMan: "One pound autos, meh. Let me see if I can get an auto kilo!"

You da man! 🙂
At this point I don't care about more weight. It's just time to try something new :) And if it ends up giving me a kilo auto...

Congratulations on the new sprog Big Daddy!
Thanks Trala. I really didn't think she was going to make it but she looks really good now :)

Back
Top Bottom