First Grow On My Own

Not gonna rain on your parade too hard but the lights you chose will probably yield you less weight than you're expecting. You're driving essentially 412w of LED and if you do 1 to 1.5 grams per watt you can do the math. I'd change them on the next go.

But everything grow wise looks pretty good! Pay attention to PH of the runoff over the input. If runoff is off slightly adjust input to correct until it is where you want. Some drift is good as it makes different nutrients more easy or difficult to uptake just not rapid change.

Not gonna rain on your parade too hard but the lights you chose will probably yield you less weight than you're expecting. You're driving essentially 412w of LED and if you do 1 to 1.5 grams per watt you can do the math. I'd change them on the next go.

But everything grow wise looks pretty good! Pay attention to PH of the runoff over the input. If runoff is off slightly adjust input to correct until it is where you want. Some drift is good as it makes different nutrients more easy or difficult to uptake just not rapid change.

Hey LED, I'm aware of what they're actually pulling from the wall and I'm not expecting record breaking yield or anything. If I get anywhere close to 1g/watt then I'll be pretty happy with those lights. I do have some plans to upgrade down the line. I'm thinking maybe an optic 6, but I know a lot of people love those quantum boards. Any recommendations?

I have ph'd the runoff a few times and the coco loco seems to buffer to around 6.5 pretty consistently. It has been about a week since I tested any runoff though so I think I'll do that on the next couple feedings and waterings to make sure it's still holding up for the bloom nutrients.

Thanks for the tips!

Okay cool, making sure you understood that rating nonsense they try to pull ha. Im also not a fan of the lights with fans; all puns intended. They get resin/dust in them and wear out and then all of a sudden you stress your lights a lot and are troublesome to replace. Components don't cool evenly so they wear at different rates. Not to mention if you have it close to the light and loose a fan or two will it burn your plant. Also smaller fan lights have evenness of light output issues unless you place one for every equivalent 2x2. But your lights you have now are plenty bright for veg phase and will work just fine for flower, just leaving a lot on the table with time/space vs output. People try to cut money on lights because it is the most expensive part but it is also directly tied to your yield and your electricity bill. So if you plan to do this more than once I'd invest. Those lights will definitely be helpful as side lights if you upgrade overhead. My most recent I got 1.6g/w

You or anyone else can message me and I'll recommend what I like. Moderators get weird pushing specific names sometimes because of their sponsors. If you're looking at another box style light I have some suggestions. If you're looking at DIY module products they are often pretty good and reasonably priced because you're buying components and assembling yourself but lack a lot of feature you'd want for a professional grow but for a tent grow they might be just fine.

I'm really trying to figure out the sex on these bag seed. So far almost a week into flower and I'm still having a hard time on the big ones. What do you guys think.

Here are a couple of pics from the big ones. I would include more but they are really hard to get into focus, even with a macro filter on the lens. No hairs sticking out of them that I can notice, just the little tear shaped pod at the moment, which makes me think the two big guys might be males :(

On the other hand the solo cup has some pretty clear pistils. Guess I bet on the wrong ponies as far as which to transplant into the pots.

So do you think I should give those big guys the chop or will those little pods on them possibly still sprout some hairs? I'm also having a hard time finding the hairs on my feminized seeds, but i'm not seeing the little pods in there either... so that's not helping the decision. If all were showing clear pistils I would definitely chop them- I don't want to wait too long and risk any pollen leaks, but at the same time don't want to chop them if they are just late bloomers. What do you guys think?

Does anyone else have to vacuum out their carbon filter to keep it from becoming restricted in air flow? I basically have to take mine off and shop vac it once a week to remove the dust and stuff to keep it from clogging up and losing air flow.

I'm on the second filter of different brands I have to do this with. Both have pre-filters but that doesn't seem to make a lot of difference, the dust/particulates still gets sucked through into the main filter and needs to be cleaned out

Just curious if anyone else has had this issue....

I think I may have figured out what was up with this. I haven't been using the humidifier really since flower. I think it must have been spitting some extra calcium into the air that I was having to vac off of the filter to keep it clean. I was using regular tap water with it, because I figured what could it matter just for the humidifier. We have really hard tap water here, calcium accumulates in and around plumbing quickly.

This last week has been great for the fan and filter, I don't need to clean it this weekend as usual. I guess from now on I'm going to use filtered water in the humidifier to avoid the extra particulates that our lovely tap water seems to be adding.

I would not chop those big ones yet ,you will have time to pull males if you have any.
I can't see real see good so I would not want to say male or female yet can't tell for sure yet.
Everyone will be showing their sex real good in next week I'd say I've never had one yet that went past day 16 flower without showing sex.
Everything is looking great.:passitleft:

I would not chop those big ones yet ,you will have time to pull males if you have any.
I can't see real see good so I would not want to say male or female yet can't tell for sure yet.
Everyone will be showing their sex real good in next week I'd say I've never had one yet that went past day 16 flower without showing sex.
Everything is looking great.:passitleft:

Thanks juststarting, I did go ahead and leave them in there for the time being. I am probably just being impatient on wanting to find out. I also don't know exactly how long it takes for those pollen sacks to open up so I'm trying to err on the side of caution with that so I don't end up having a whole pollinated crop.

Flower day 12. Had to pull the heater out of the tent to make room inside. Hopefully I can do an alright job of heating the tent from the outside, I cranked up the heater and have it oscillating around the intake area.

Also, it looks like all of the bag seeds are going to be fems! I'm glad I didn't chop them, and I'm still surprised to see pistils on all of them now. Another reason I had to make more room, I'm keeping everything it seems.

Had to give the solo cup a little leg up, poor gal was getting buried alive.

Back
Top Bottom